Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,931 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

8 Sign You Should Never Tell Someone You Have Feelings For Them - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 8 Sign You Should Never Tell Someone You Have Feelings For Them (2134 Views)

I Have Feelings For My House Help. / I Have Feelings For Her But She's Engaged / I Lied To Her That I Have Feelings For Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Sign You Should Never Tell Someone You Have Feelings For Them by Tombrown3(m): 2:33pm On Jan 27, 2019
Telling your crush or close pal you like them is a bold, empowering move that should be applauded.
Having the guts to open yourself up to potential rejection, while also accepting you're instantly changing the dynamic you share with someone, truly takes a lot of courage. Think about how many opportunities in life are wasted by not taking risks, right?

That said, regardless of your confidence level, there are some instances when telling someone how you feel is a straight-up bad idea. Keep reading to find out what they are.

1. IF THEY HAVE REFERRED TO YOU AS THEIR 'Sister' or 'brother'
Ah, the classic "you're like a sister to me" or "you are like a brother to me" comment. I've had a first hand experience of this—but, typically, when someone refers to you as a family member, that's their friendly way of telling you they don't have romantic feelings for you. Steer clear from aiming for romance with this person, and at least embrace the fact that they consider you such a close companion.

2. IF THEY HAVE EVER MALICIOUSLY MOCKED YOUR APPEARANCE.
Teasing is a part of life, and some of it is indeed playful, but there's a fine line between harmless (or even flirtatious) and downright rude. If your crush calls you
"shortie" all the time, jokingly mocking your petite stature, they're probably just being silly. But if their comments are disrespectful, like in regards to your weight, skin, or the way you dress, that's a clear sign they don't have feelings for you—and an even clearer sign you shouldn't express your feelings for them.

3. IF THEY HAVE DERECTLY TOLD YOU THEY DON'T LIKE YOU (Just Like That)
Whether in a lighthearted manner or perhaps a little more sternly, if someone straight-up tells you they don't like you like that, take that info and roll with it. If you think that telling them how you feel will somehow change their mind, trust us, it will only make things more awkward. Leave this person be and move on to the next!

4. IF THEY HAVE ENCOURAGED YOU TO DATE OTHER PEOPLE.
It's one thing to be supportive of whom you're dating, but if the person you're crushing on enthusiastically encourages you to be on the prowl, that's a clear sign they're not holding out for you to date them. If they liked you like that , you'd sense some hesitation in their thoughts on the people you date. Avoid telling them how you feel and continue keeping them around for dating advice and venting.

5. IF LOSING THEM IN THE END ISN'T WORTH THE RISK.
Whether you don't want a potential breakup to ruin your friendship, or you don't want to scare them off with your possibly unrequited romantic confession, if the thought of losing them forever scares you, then keep your feelings to yourself (and the friends you trust). Why risk ruining a good thing, right? But at the same time, if you feel confident putting yourself out there, then we're not trying to stop YOU.

6. IF THEY HAVE DATED ONE OF YOUR CLOSE FRIENDS.
Even if you don't care about jeopardizing your friendship with a close pal, attempting to date their former S.O. will create endless drama. Imagine if your entire new relationship is plagued by a scorned ex? Yep, that's pretty much what you can expect. Also, it's likely you all have mutual friends, and then people start taking sides and things get super messy. Get the idea? Yeah, hold off on this one.

7. IF YOU'VE DATED ONE OF THEIR CLOSE FRIENDS.
If you've dated your crush's close friend, expressing interest in this crush can shake things up between them and their pal—regardless of the outcome between you and the person you like. Going off of No. 5, this will get messy either way, so steer clear.

8. IF THEY'RE IN A RELATIONSHIP.
It goes without saying, but if you develop feelings for someone who's taken, keep those feelings to yourself, guy! Not only is
"homewrecker" a title you don't want on your dating resume, but the person they're dating (along with their entourage) are going to make your life miserable. So hold off until your crush is single again, and then (if it feels appropriate) make your move.

1 Like

Re: 8 Sign You Should Never Tell Someone You Have Feelings For Them by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 27, 2019
[img][/img]really? Too many rules in just one life haba
Re: 8 Sign You Should Never Tell Someone You Have Feelings For Them by abdulazeez1002(m): 2:39pm On Jan 27, 2019
Hah shocked you can't predict girls o

1 Like

Re: 8 Sign You Should Never Tell Someone You Have Feelings For Them by decuteGenius: 2:53pm On Jan 27, 2019
APC zombies, come and grab small sense
Re: 8 Sign You Should Never Tell Someone You Have Feelings For Them by ifex370(m): 2:56pm On Jan 27, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
Hah shocked you can't predict girls o

Life no get format

Just live your life without fear.. If she say no, move on
Re: 8 Sign You Should Never Tell Someone You Have Feelings For Them by abdulazeez1002(m): 2:57pm On Jan 27, 2019
ifex370:

Life no get format

Exactly

1 Like

Re: 8 Sign You Should Never Tell Someone You Have Feelings For Them by agbonkamen(f): 3:16pm On Jan 27, 2019
ifex370:

Life no get format

and if she say yes you move in grin
Re: 8 Sign You Should Never Tell Someone You Have Feelings For Them by ifex370(m): 3:53pm On Jan 27, 2019
agbonkamen:
and if she say yes you move in grin

Move in for the kill baby grin no time

2 Likes

Re: 8 Sign You Should Never Tell Someone You Have Feelings For Them by Terlia: 7:20pm On Jan 27, 2019
I bdlieve we shouldn't care about what people think we should just live our lifes the way we want
Re: 8 Sign You Should Never Tell Someone You Have Feelings For Them by Deicide: 7:50pm On Jan 27, 2019
The op is 100% correct......if a girls says no she means no!

1 Like

Re: 8 Sign You Should Never Tell Someone You Have Feelings For Them by Tombrown3(m): 11:07pm On Jan 27, 2019
Terlia:
I bdlieve we shouldn't care about what people think we should just live our lifes the way we want
I wouldn't doubt you my dear, like I stated above : if you think it worth the risk then no problem.

(1) (Reply)

Stop Redeeming Ubunja With 'ignore The Messager, Focus On The Message' Bullsh!t / What is your best naija party jamz ever? Mine is Bizzybody by psquare / Check Out Beautiful And Curvy Black Girls That Rules The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.