Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,706 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Cable EDITORIAL: Recall Onnoghen And Allow Him To Step Aside - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cable EDITORIAL: Recall Onnoghen And Allow Him To Step Aside (21522 Views)

Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed / Breaking: FG Asks CJN Onnoghen To Vacate Office Over Asset Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cable EDITORIAL: Recall Onnoghen And Allow Him To Step Aside by PearlStreet(m): 6:04pm On Jan 27, 2019
rusher14:

Go and sit down.

I wouldn't waste my time reading any of your tripe.

I have a SIM card that got missing , I'll send my boy to get you to type the affidavit for a re-issue.

Yes, he'll meet with you under the mango tree.

Yes, your usual spot.

Lmaooooo

Chukwudi practices his own law under the mango tree in High Court.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cable EDITORIAL: Recall Onnoghen And Allow Him To Step Aside by jameskey(m): 6:06pm On Jan 27, 2019
0nneghen is gone and gone forevermore. We can only make noise and talk like pocket lawyer,but one thing is clear you can never fight Hausa oligarchy in Nigeria..He brought this problem upon himself so therefore he should sought himself out.
Re: Cable EDITORIAL: Recall Onnoghen And Allow Him To Step Aside by PearlStreet(m): 6:06pm On Jan 27, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

He swore in 250 judges who will resolve land dispute in Daura and not Nigeria's electoral cases.No wonder the ceremony was boycotted by supreme court judges.

From tomorrow the courts will be shut.Lets see how the impostor can run the judiciary.

5 mins ago, you said the CJN would appeal, not you're saying the courts should be shut.

If the courts are shut, is it Romance section of Nairaland that would sit over Onnoghen's matter?

You should learn to think before you type

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cable EDITORIAL: Recall Onnoghen And Allow Him To Step Aside by brightalo17: 6:07pm On Jan 27, 2019
worlexy:
No matter how good your intentions are, if your actions are executed illegally, then your good intention is rubbish.

The same set of people defending Buhari's action now will be condemning jungle justice o, how is this different from jungle justice abeg?
if a thief come to your house and you have opportunities to harm him, don't do it so that people will not say you did jungle justice. Smh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cable EDITORIAL: Recall Onnoghen And Allow Him To Step Aside by Mynaija292(m): 6:09pm On Jan 27, 2019
worlexy:
So in your wisdom it is mischievous to compare two related occurences? You claimed Buhari obeyed a court order and I asked you why he didn't obey court orders on Dasuki and elzakyzaky, are you saying that obeying court orders should be selective?
yes when national interest is at steak, considering the clique thats involve. LONG LIVE NAIJA!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cable EDITORIAL: Recall Onnoghen And Allow Him To Step Aside by PearlStreet(m): 6:09pm On Jan 27, 2019
ezegold4we:
Any body in support of Buhari and his numerous atrocities against the people of this country is the number enemy of himself and the next generation, only fools and brainless zombies without vision and future will vote for that lifeless vegetable called Buhari.

Who is this Ipob lunatic?
It's like this one is deaf.

Didn't you hear Kanu say you should not interfere with matters that concern the "Zoo"?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cable EDITORIAL: Recall Onnoghen And Allow Him To Step Aside by zsamorano(m): 6:11pm On Jan 27, 2019
To me i think NJC do av solution to this....they should call a meeting asap and suspend the 2 judges, I mean both the CJN and the acting CJN from performing their judicial duties pending the time the charges of the former is cleared and if found guilty the latter....I mean the acting should be recommended for swearing in by the president after his name would av been forwarded to national assembly. I just hate all this nonsense rants by people who should proffer solutions.
Re: Cable EDITORIAL: Recall Onnoghen And Allow Him To Step Aside by semyman: 6:11pm On Jan 27, 2019
He will not want to step aside

1 Like

Re: Cable EDITORIAL: Recall Onnoghen And Allow Him To Step Aside by benitwater(m): 6:15pm On Jan 27, 2019
Clerverly:

Was Buhari charged for any Criminal offence before any court of law? PaChukwudi44 when would you have sense?
I doubt if he will ever have sense.

1 Like

Re: Cable EDITORIAL: Recall Onnoghen And Allow Him To Step Aside by nameo: 6:15pm On Jan 27, 2019
rusher14:

Are you suggesting justice can be bought in Nigeria?

I was saying the order Buhari got was fraudantly obtained.
Re: Cable EDITORIAL: Recall Onnoghen And Allow Him To Step Aside by lagdmark(m): 6:16pm On Jan 27, 2019
Asshurbanipall:
Buhari is deaf and dumb, but very soon US, UK and EU will cure his madness. cheesy
I hope Osinbajo will not take the same medication since his own is at early stage.
Re: Cable EDITORIAL: Recall Onnoghen And Allow Him To Step Aside by nameo: 6:18pm On Jan 27, 2019
BafanaBafana:

The matter of innocence does not arise here. The man in question has admitted he is guilty. The reason he gave was that he forgot. Which innocence is there to prove again?

Lolz.... he did not.

He is a judge. How do you think he could have just easily admitted guilt.

He said he forgot, right? And you believe that it means he is guilty by the CCT law right?

Anyways, that is what the court is so about
Re: Cable EDITORIAL: Recall Onnoghen And Allow Him To Step Aside by Ivoryd1: 6:18pm On Jan 27, 2019
SalamRushdie:
Nonsense !!!! asking Buhari to recall Onnoghen is like asking a man to recall a woman he never married yet alone divorce, Let it be clear for the umpteenth time that Buhari has no power to suspend the CJN , just a suspension that never happened and can never happen except as a figment of Buharis demented Imagination!!!! .. Can the CEO of MTN suspend CEO OF Airtel? Can the the CEO of NAIRABET suspend the CEO of BET9JA? HELL NO!!!

Who appointed the cjn ...the njc recommends, the president submits his name for confirmation and there after sworn in as cjn by the president.... So the constitution gives the president the power to suspend those he appointed but may not be able to sack some of them like the cjn except with the senate approval......so your examples of one ceo suspending another ceo isnt the same scenario and condition as the president and the cjn.....so your example shows you lack analytical skills

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cable EDITORIAL: Recall Onnoghen And Allow Him To Step Aside by rusher14: 6:19pm On Jan 27, 2019
nameo:

I was saying the order Buhari got was fraudantly obtained.

Has the CCT said so?

Let me guess, you'll be quoting a newspaper with lots of sources who wish not to be named.

1 Like

Re: Cable EDITORIAL: Recall Onnoghen And Allow Him To Step Aside by etin06(m): 6:19pm On Jan 27, 2019
zsamorano:
To me i think NJC do av solution to this....they should call a meeting asap and suspend the 2 judges, I mean both the CJN and the acting CJN from performing their judicial duties pending the time the charges of the former is cleared and if found guilty the latter....I mean the acting should be recommended for swearing in by the president after his name would av been forwarded to national assembly. I just hate all this nonsense rants by people who should proffer solutions.
That is not possible there shall be no lacuna as specify in the constitution somebody need to act even if the two are suspended
Re: Cable EDITORIAL: Recall Onnoghen And Allow Him To Step Aside by PaChukwudi44(m): 6:21pm On Jan 27, 2019
PearlStreet:

5 mins ago, you said the CJN would appeal, not you're saying the courts should be shut.

If the courts are shut, is it Romance section of Nairaland that would sit over Onnoghen's matter?

You should learn to think before you type
Don't worry the NJC are meeting tomorrow by 10am.We will know tomorrow
Re: Cable EDITORIAL: Recall Onnoghen And Allow Him To Step Aside by Strech(m): 6:24pm On Jan 27, 2019
Chitumu:
Too late. that crook had more than 10 days to step aside as soon as the allegation reached him and admited that it was just an act of forgetfulness. instead he played to the tune of pdp, his tribe, his SANS n his religion, to treat the CCB n CCT in contempt, the senate under thief SARAKI equaly refuse to ask CJN to step aside. that idiot onnoghen even had the temerity to pospone NJC meeting INDEFINITELY! IMAGINE!!! A PRESIDENT IS THE SUPREME LEADER IN A COUNTRY. HE CAN ACT IN NATIONAL INTEREST WITH OR WITHOUT COURT ORDER AND HIS DECISION IS FINAL. onnoghen can die and rot away for all we care. BRAINLESS CABLE EDITORIALS.
you are a very useless boy. Why mentioning religion into this issue.
Re: Cable EDITORIAL: Recall Onnoghen And Allow Him To Step Aside by Oblang(m): 6:25pm On Jan 27, 2019
SalamRushdie:
Nonsense !!!! asking Buhari to recall Onnoghen is like asking a man to recall a woman he never married yet alone divorce, Let it be clear for the umpteenth time that Buhari has no power to suspend the CJN , just a suspension that never happened and can never happen except as a figment of Buharis demented Imagination!!!! .. Can the CEO of MTN suspend CEO OF Airtel? Can the the CEO of NAIRABET suspend the CEO of BET9JA? HELL NO!!!

Wake up...

2 Likes

Re: Cable EDITORIAL: Recall Onnoghen And Allow Him To Step Aside by docadams: 6:26pm On Jan 27, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

Have you read the CCB act? The CJN did not violate any provisions of the act by admitting his mistake.

Pa Chuks when will you learn from history? All your
chest beating permutations have all collapsed before you. I told you before that there are many ways the govt can deal with the CJN not necessarily sacking him. The CJN is faced with two infractions. First, not declaring his assets, second criminal acquisition of wealth well in excess of his legitimate earnings. Invariably, his trial may last till 2022 when he is due for retirement.

2 Likes

Re: Cable EDITORIAL: Recall Onnoghen And Allow Him To Step Aside by somehow: 6:26pm On Jan 27, 2019
You mean PDP has been working with him since 2003 till date that he has been contesting?
PaChukwudi44:

Lol How will be charged when the people who were supposed to charge him to court work for him?What brand of goof are you smoking BTW
Certificate forgery is a grave criminal offence and far more serious than non-declaration of assets.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cable EDITORIAL: Recall Onnoghen And Allow Him To Step Aside by PearlStreet(m): 6:27pm On Jan 27, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

Don't worry the NJC are meeting tomorrow by 10am.We will know tomorrow

Who called a meeting of the NJC? Didn't Onnoghen suspend them indefinitely?

Don't tell me it's the acting CJN that summoned them and don't tell me the NJC took over initiative from Onnoghen and is meeting on its own.

1 Like

Re: Cable EDITORIAL: Recall Onnoghen And Allow Him To Step Aside by seunmsg(m): 6:27pm On Jan 27, 2019
The Cable made the right call. Onnoghen can no longer preside over the judiciary. He should do the honorable thing and resign.

2 Likes

Re: Cable EDITORIAL: Recall Onnoghen And Allow Him To Step Aside by SalamRushdie: 6:27pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ivoryd1:

Who appointed the cjn ...the njc recommends, the president submits his name for confirmation and there after sworn in as cjn by the president.... So the constitution gives the president the power to suspend those he appointed but may not be able to sack some of them like the cjn except with the senate approval......so your examples of one ceo suspending another ceo isnt the same scenario and condition as the president and the cjn.....so your example shows you lack analytical skills

the President cannot appoint the CJN he can only submit the name submitted to him by NJC...
Re: Cable EDITORIAL: Recall Onnoghen And Allow Him To Step Aside by SalamRushdie: 6:28pm On Jan 27, 2019
Oblang:

Wake up...

you eyes will be clear this week
Re: Cable EDITORIAL: Recall Onnoghen And Allow Him To Step Aside by PearlStreet(m): 6:29pm On Jan 27, 2019
etin06:

That is not possible there shall be no lacuna as specify in the constitution somebody need to act even if the two are suspended

Then Rhodes Vivour takes over as he's no. 3.

Onnoghen isn't coming back anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Cable EDITORIAL: Recall Onnoghen And Allow Him To Step Aside by goaldynboy: 6:30pm On Jan 27, 2019
rusher14:

[s]You are only fit for typing affidavits.

Charge and bail.

In one of the judgments delivered on July 12, 2013, he held that the CCT had exclusive jurisdiction to deal with all violations contravening any of the provisions of the Code of Conduct Bureau.

He also held that the provisions “expressly ousted the powers of ordinary regular courts in respect of such violations.”[/s]

http://thenationonlineng.net/supreme-courts-verdict-affirmed-ccts-powers/amp/

RUBBISH!

Different issues are commenced in special courts does not mean they are the final court! Appeal can still be made from these courts to Court of Appeal and then supreme court.

Code of conducts matters are commenced from CCT and appeals can be made from such courts to Court of Appeal.

Similarly industrial and employment matters are commenced from Industrial Courts and judgment emanating from such courts can be appealed against.

Re: Cable EDITORIAL: Recall Onnoghen And Allow Him To Step Aside by PearlStreet(m): 6:30pm On Jan 27, 2019
SalamRushdie:

You guys threatened to burn down the country on Friday, you're still here yapping nonsense on Nairaland.

I have never seen where people postpone threats. Stop acting like the Ohaneze.

2 Likes

Re: Cable EDITORIAL: Recall Onnoghen And Allow Him To Step Aside by somehow: 6:31pm On Jan 27, 2019
Take Aisha Buhari to court with evidence. She's not immuned.
americanson:
why hasn't buhari resigned for all his evil deeds if we are to go by your logic.

Where did Aisha get $2Million?

1 Like

Re: Cable EDITORIAL: Recall Onnoghen And Allow Him To Step Aside by Oblang(m): 6:31pm On Jan 27, 2019
SalamRushdie:

Write this somewhere. This week with pass like every other and nothing will happen, I repeat nothing will happen. U will only make ur noise as u ve bin doing..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Finally, Fuel Will Be Sold At 60 Naira Per Litre From 12th June 2019 / VP Osinbajo Was Never Booed In Kano (pictures) / "FG Paid Millions In Euros To Free Abducted Policewomen & UNIMAID Lecturers"- SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.