Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,820 members, 7,824,412 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg (44352 Views)

Onnoghen’s Lawyer Confirms Ex-cjn’s Resignation, Reveals Why He Took Decision / Walter Onnoghen, Ex-CJN Standing In The Dock (Photos) / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by gaby(m): 10:15pm On Jan 27, 2019
Princedapace:

My brother, naija is a cursed country.. Me Don tire. Governors act anyhow, any president that comes, act anyhow. Poeple giving birth anyhow in a section of the country to increase chances of winning election. See eh, I will be the happiest person if colonialism can start again. As for now my prayer is to leave naija. I hope it works this time for me Jareee. This place na cursed territory.

grin grin

Do not despair bro.. keep strong and positive. .

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by dareadewuyi: 10:27pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ghenghen!When an ordinary person is caught stealing a tuber of yam in the market, and the jungle justice is meted out, nobody speaks but when a big man is asked to come and answer for his deeds, all manner of characters rush to their defense. Nigeria and Nigerians are irredeemably stupid.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by Tenn88: 10:28pm On Jan 27, 2019
modath:

Did unlicenced BDC Onnoghen postpone NJC meeting indefinitely or not?

Did he not go from court to court shopping for judgement?

And lastly, did he "forget" or not ?

Anyway, the problem is getting bigger cos the third party depositors of the cash (most he paid himelf but some were paid by lipsrsealed) is being traced, Dubai strategy already don hit rock.... PDP is already in panic, wondering who the mole in their camp is.. smiley
grin
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by imam07: 10:30pm On Jan 27, 2019
SalamRushdie:
Falana doesn't know what he is saying , there is no where in the constitution that says when the CJN postpones NJC Buhari should develop imaginary powers
You did not say Falana does not know what he's saying last week when he was somehow supporting Onnoghen. But now when Falana is saying the truth and seems he is bending towards Buhari action. Now he does not know what he's saying. All these pdp and Igbos do not know what they want. You all nah yeye.

6 Likes

Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 27, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
If ex cjn doesnt have skeleton in his cupboard , he wont hurridely want to swear in Tribunal judges and constitue presidential election judges.
He wont postpone NJC meetings indefinitely.
He wont be runing from one court to another to escape justice just like a typical nigerian politician

Beautiful, beautiful argument.

I doff my hat for you, sir.
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by AuroraB(f): 10:46pm On Jan 27, 2019
Falana's got no truth in him. He's fond of betraying trust and loves heating up the polity sad
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by Sagay212: 10:55pm On Jan 27, 2019
Nigerian lawyers are so annoying. Always causing confusion. Everytime an issue concerning the constitution comes up, they'll be giving different confusing opinions. They will never all agree to say something is wrong.
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by Vickthore: 10:58pm On Jan 27, 2019
SalamRushdie:
Falana doesn't know what he is saying , there is no where in the constitution that says when the CJN postpones NJC Buhari should develop imaginary powers

Dd u watch d program at all?
Must u comment on things u don't v sufficient information?

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by Ihateyoumod: 11:01pm On Jan 27, 2019
SalamRushdie:

I have advised u on sniper, take it to solve ur problem

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by Kpete: 11:03pm On Jan 27, 2019
KIDfurniture:
He is fighting corrupting with one eyes closed ..the other to see clearly sha...

Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by SalamRushdie: 11:03pm On Jan 27, 2019
Vickthore:

Dd u watch d program at all?
Must u comment on things u don't v sufficient information?

why should I watch the program when I have a copy of the constitution here!!!!...Is the Program the constitution?
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 27, 2019
RealityShot:
CITIZENS OF NIGERIA!

you have been saying Buhari is NOT fighting corruption.

now he actually punished ONE corrupt person (CJN);
WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING?

PERSECUTING HIM, REALLY?

VOTE BUHARI for continuity
Fuckin.G Hypocrites.I Guess Buhari Was Also Fighting Corruption When They Got A Dubious Court Order Barring Members Of Kano State House Of Assembly From Investigating Gandollar.Moro.n
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by MakeMoves: 11:07pm On Jan 27, 2019
naijapips04:

newspaper title is saying something else, your zombie post is saying some stupid stuff.

The worst part is that one Mumu mod go come push, this trash,to the front page.

I advise you read what you posted first.

You can make your point absent insults and name calling. All the best champ!
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by Enemyofpeace: 11:23pm On Jan 27, 2019
True talk

Valentine's day is meant for slim people, fatymore, ajepako and other fat people should wait for new Yam festival
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by ogbonti: 11:32pm On Jan 27, 2019
martineverest:
the man just rubbished his success and achievements by allowing greed to take over him

the quickest,easiest and surest way to destroy a Nigerian is bribe/money

Please what of Tinubu and Buratai?
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by Tareq1105: 11:39pm On Jan 27, 2019
allthingsgood:
Onnoghen is the architect of his own problems. All those moronsclaiming they want to protest are just wasting their bloody time

I don't know if Onnoghen is a member of PDP.
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by Tareq1105: 11:41pm On Jan 27, 2019
ogbonti:

Just wait. You will see the list of people that paid dollars into those accounts and the dates.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by Tareq1105: 11:44pm On Jan 27, 2019
MorbidAngel7:
Fuckin.G Hypocrites.I Guess Buhari Was Also Fighting Corruption When They Got A Dubious Court Order Barring Members Of Kano State House Of Assembly From Investigating Gandollar.Moro.n

Governors have immunity but judges don't have.

Are you educated now?
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jan 27, 2019
Tareq1105:

Governors have immunity but judges don't have.

Are you educated now?
He Has Immunity From Prosecution Not Investigation..Are You Enlightened?I Could Go Further If You Want.
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by DeepNuggets: 11:55pm On Jan 27, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
Femi Falana(SAN) has said the Code of Conduct Tribunal’s order relied on by President Muhammadu Buhari to suspend the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Walter Onnoghen, is suspect.

Justice Tanko Muhammad has been sworn in by the president as the Ag. CJN following charges of false assets declaration filed against Onnoghen.
According to Falana, the exparte application relied on was filed on January 9 while the motion on notice of the substantive suit filed on January 11 with the name of the lawyer that argued the exparte motion not stated in the order.

He also suggested that Onnoghen might have contributed to his own downfall by postponing indefinitely the meeting of the National Judicial Council, which could have deliberated on the matter and take an informed position.
The Senior Advocate stated this in a statement made available to PUNCH on Saturday in Abuja.
Falana recalled he had tried to intervene in the matter by calling on the Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami SAN to withdraw the charge of false declaration of assets filed against the suspended CJN.

The statement read, “The call was without prejudice to the merit of the serious allegations levelled against the Chief Justice. In line with decided judicial authorities, I had wanted the National Judicial Council to investigate the allegations. Unfortunately, the 88th statutory meeting of the National Judicial Council scheduled to hold on January 15, 2019, which could have deliberated on the matter and taken an informed position was postponed indefinitely on the directive of the embattled Chief Justice.
“As the battle shifted to the courts, both the Judiciary and the Executive were shopping for court orders from the Federal High Court, the National Industrial Court, the Code of Conduct Tribunal and the Court of Appeal. In the process, settled principles of law were sacrificed for the exigency of the moment.”

Stating that the ex parte order was procured in an act of brazen impunity by the Executive, Falana urged the president to respect all orders of the court earlier obtained which restrained the Federal Government from removing the CJN.

“It is unfortunate that the Bar and the Bench have played into the hands of the sponsors of incipient fascism in the country. For reasons best known to them.”
Therefore, the National Judicial Council should convene and constitute a committee to investigate the allegations leveled against the Chief Justice and make appropriate recommendation to the relevant authorities.
SOURCE:https://punchng.com/court-order-leading-to-onnoghens-suspension-is-suspect-says-falana/

There's nothing to be investigated that has not been confirmed. Let the man answer all the questions and accept his removal and court hearing, all these long talk is standard time wasting by the court and there's not a lot of time.
For him to postpone the judicial council's meeting spells mischief on his part and i like the rash decision taken by the executive. At the end of the day everybody will be alright.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by DeepNuggets: 11:57pm On Jan 27, 2019
MorbidAngel7:
He Has Immunity From Prosecution Not Investigation..Are You Enlightened?I Could Go Further If You Want.
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by DeepNuggets: 12:00am On Jan 28, 2019
ogbonti:

What about them? Is Tinubu a public official or a mere strategist? You need to understand politics is a game and you have to know the endgame before making any move so you don't make the wrong one.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by DeepNuggets: 12:11am On Jan 28, 2019
imam07:
You did not say Falana does not know what he's saying last week when he was somehow supporting Onnoghen. But now when Falana is saying the truth and seems he is bending towards Buhari action. Now he does not know what he's saying. All these pdp and Igbos do not know what they want. You all nah yeye.

They are the rot in the Nigerian system. People are eating your commonwealth and you support them because the mock comfort they gave you in their days of looting has disappeared. Nigerians have forgotten how to do things the right and proper way is why we want a government notorious for bribery and corruption back after just 4 years of strict policies...it's more difficult to move money through banks now so all their dirty leaders are running helter skelter with stinking allegations.

In this CJN case, remember the vice president and minister of works power and housing are both SAN's so don't entertain the thought that there's no legal backing for the suspension of the allegedly corrupt chief justice.
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by jmaine: 1:00am On Jan 28, 2019
SalamRushdie:

why should I watch the program when I have a copy of the constitution here!!!!...Is the Program the constitution?

Lolz.. Perfect response

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by dareadewuyi: 1:32am On Jan 28, 2019
Aburo, ma dare laamu, come to meet me at Ota, two pigs are waiting for you there

Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by baby124: 2:07am On Jan 28, 2019
Kagawa10:
Why all these cries na? Nobody cried when Ayo Salami was forced out by Jona na. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Karma is a bìtch.
Don’t mind them. PDP is reaping the fruits of their past deeds. The taught Nigerians the way. Let them go and meet Jonathan for guidance in this time of tribulation
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by Lotechi(m): 2:10am On Jan 28, 2019
Is it possible to create the world again? This time it should be said that

1 no country like Nigeria should be formed ever again.
2 no parent should have more than 2 or 3 kids.
3 If you must have more than 3 kids, you must show proof of excess income.

What I'm trying to say above is that I'm tired of being alive. The suffering is too much.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari’s Ability To Speak English Dominate Tribunal’s Proceedings / Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' / National Assembly Elections: APC Sweeps Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.