Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,004 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? (4672 Views)

If A Man Proposes Marriage And She Refuses. What Next? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by Newboss(m): 7:26pm On Jan 28, 2019
mhisbliss:
I'm not saying its cool for anyone to endure abuse but they endured it and made thier marriage work, don't you think they're the ones who deserve that title more than one who got divorced over something you can easily settle with a talk?

So you still believe talking settles things? What about I fūck your best friend or slap you or slam you or just insist on fūcking your anus, then you get mad and we talk about it? I keep doing it, and we keep talking about it.

I love that! Just for you as a lady, talking about something changes nothing about the guy. Every human has a will. You either oppress them enough to align with your own will, or you align with their own will. There's no other way. Back then, women were taught to conform to the man's will (she has no say except he gives him one). That sounds nice until you hear the kinda long list of shìt a man can put a woman through because he likes those shìt. It's the life of the slave. You're lucky if you get a nice slave master. Your mum definitely was. Guess what, back then, the man didn't have to be lucky because it was a man's world when it came to marriage.

The equation is balancing, all thanks to those crazy feminists, but it's like you want to keep talking while the man keeps fūcking. Talking changes nothing when it comes to two adults. I guess it only changes your impression thereby moving the doomsday to another day. Just hope the day doesn't come . angry

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by mhisbliss(f): 7:34pm On Jan 28, 2019
Newboss:

So you still believe talking settles things? What about I fūck your best friend or slap you or slam you or just insist on fūcking your anus, then you get mad and we talk about it? I keep doing it, and we keep talking about it.

I love that! Just for you as a lady, talking about something changes nothing about the guy. Every human has a will. You either oppress them enough to align with your own will, or you align with their own will. There's no other way. Back then, women were taught to conform to the man's will (she has no say except he gives him one). That sounds nice until you hear the kinda long list of shìt a man can put a woman through because he likes those shìt. It's the life of the slave. You're lucky if you get a nice slave master. Your mum definitely was. Guess what, back then, the man didn't have to be lucky because it was a man's world when it came to marriage.

The equation is balancing, all thanks to those crazy feminists, but it's like you want to keep talking while the man keeps fūcking. Talking changes nothing when it comes to two adults. I guess it only changes your impression thereby moving the doomsday to another day. Just hope the day doesn't come . angry
My mum definitely was? Now i regret replying you, enjoy the rest of your day.
Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by MhizzAJ(f): 3:32am On Jan 29, 2019
marvin906:
hmmmmm..
well Will have go for modern day marriages not as if is perfect buh it gives both partners more freedom anyways.(which is being misused)
example a woman being abused by her hubby can choose to leave the marriage buh back then it can never happen..
back then arranged marriages was much not like now when you can study your partner and decide whether to marry him/her
buh truth be told the difference between then and now isn't much

mhizzAj

And u decided to mention me ehn...LOL
Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by marvin906(m): 6:43am On Jan 29, 2019
MhizzAJ:

And u decided to mention me ehn...LOL

since Mohammed won't come to the mountain the mountain has to come to Mohammed..
mi amore you ditched me clap for yourself

Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by Martin0(m): 10:09pm On Jan 29, 2019
mhisbliss:
What are you saying martin?

wait ee, be asking like you don't know what I'm saying? who be that babe wey dey ur dp, na u?
Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by mhisbliss(f): 12:13am On Jan 30, 2019
Martin0:

wait ee, be asking like you don't know what I'm saying? who be that babe wey dey ur dp, na u?
Ya, thats me, you haven't seen me before?
Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by daveP(m): 1:55am On Jan 30, 2019
mhisbliss:
Don't you think the reason why the rate of divorce is high this days is because of this belief that a woman's place is not the kitchen?
Lol, u telling her?

I'll take the olden days. 70yrs, 35,40... anniversaries and all with very strong, sometimes evil challenges all thru the marriage and they both do scale thru and survived? Cmon!! Tell me what the knowledge of the modernists is doing these days? We Africans without The Knowledge had longer marriages. Infact its the same for the whites as well. So this isnt even a matter of whites are better. Its the times that have changed!!

Many older days couples had miscarriages, stillbirths that ladies of nowadays cant even fathom atall. They were hard working and the absence of The Knowledge wasn't a detriment, rather it was a blessing. All a couple wants was to be strong despite alll, any challenges that come their way.

Yeah some of these homes weren't that happy, but it survived.
The men also knew when to apologize to their wives, etc.

But now the term "irreconciable differences" (whatever that means) has broken more homes than a bulldozer would to 1000cartons of glass plates.

Some rather pray for a longer marriage, alongside with the toughness of skin to be able to go thru it, than have all the stupid knowledge and be unable to survive some lil storm before parting in the name of divorce, miserability.

Some may say its archaic, but they wont really get it.

Some granpas saw infidelity and still stayed. Some women heard rumor of their husband having a wife somewhere else, yeah the anger was the same, if not worse(we know most of them went very diabolic) grin

wo, we can't have the cake again after eating it. Neither can you expect eggs to be intact after placing it all in one basket.

The whites even have this tradition of telling the younger ones about to wed the history of their old ones with longer marriages.

E no help ba? grin
Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by daveP(m): 2:03am On Jan 30, 2019
Tamarapetty:
Atleast marriages last in the olden days, unlike now, everybody's tryna be social media fav couple. . And they're still divorcing upandan.

Mothers could put up to anything, unlike now, after one misunderstanding. They start packing.

Some of those marriages sef no pass backyard attendance, but they lasted.

Nowadays, the setup and planning seen on IG from when she wear gown to when she enter car to when he enter church to when FOB bring her come altar and his excitement at seeing her, etc, one would think it was heaven that was the venue. undecided

But when reality checks up.....hmmm

i think its has to do with some of us nowadays that don't wana believe marraige is not telemundo or telenovela. Some have this fixed image of fantasy of what marriage is and its affects the psyche.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by daveP(m): 2:16am On Jan 30, 2019
For those bringing up the abuse to women stuff, I'm not saying it didn't happen.

but do you know the men of nowadays are much more romantic, greek-otic, and sparta-tic than most of our oldies, but it's still with them the alarming divorce records stick with?

We aren't saying those days were perfect. No marriage is gonna be perfect. Infact marriage is the merging of two heads that contain 3billion complex cells that are perfectly functionly daily and if cell fusion were to happen, it would require thousands of years the natural way.

They told us the first few years aren't rosy. Bet you, after 2yrs, we hear divorce. The union hasn't even settled yet. What caused it?

Mind you the mouth of women were sharper way back then than now...(still contestable sha grin )

Who wana go on a journey without preparing?

Two imperfections coming to be one without planning for losing small and winning small once in a while.

Two Imperfections not ready to accept the flaws of the other, so cos we "deserve better"(of course we all do), we end up in court.

well, planning isn't just about the finances and the number of kids. well wetin i sabi sef. its coming soon.
Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by Martin0(m): 7:14am On Jan 30, 2019
mhisbliss:
Ya, thats me, you haven't seen me before?

eheh, never seen you before oogrin you don't look bad sha cheesy
Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by mhisbliss(f): 8:27am On Jan 30, 2019
Martin0:

eheh, never seen you before oogrin you don't look bad sha cheesy
Lol you don't look bad sha sounds like a pity compliment and i know how nairalanders behave, I'll not say thank you. tongue
Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by mhisbliss(f): 8:30am On Jan 30, 2019
daveP:
Lol, u telling her?

I'll take the olden days. 70yrs, 35,40... anniversaries and all with very strong, sometimes evil challenges all thru the marriage and they both do scale thru and survived? Cmon!! Tell me what the knowledge of the modernists is doing these days? We Africans without The Knowledge had longer marriages. Infact its the same for the whites as well. So this isnt even a matter of whites are better. Its the times that have changed!!

Many older days couples had miscarriages, stillbirths that ladies of nowadays cant even fathom atall. They were hard working and the absence of The Knowledge wasn't a detriment, rather it was a blessing. All a couple wants was to be strong despite alll, any challenges that come their way.

Yeah some of these homes weren't that happy, but it survived.
The men also knew when to apologize to their wives, etc.

But now the term "irreconciable differences" (whatever that means) has broken more homes than a bulldozer would to 1000cartons of glass plates.

Some rather pray for a longer marriage, alongside with the toughness of skin to be able to go thru it, than have all the stupid knowledge and be unable to survive some lil storm before parting in the name of divorce, miserability.

Some may say its archaic, but they wont really get it.

Some granpas saw infidelity and still stayed. Some women heard rumor of their husband having a wife somewhere else, yeah the anger was the same, if not worse(we know most of them went very diabolic) grin

wo, we can't have the cake again after eating it. Neither can you expect eggs to be intact after placing it all in one basket.

The whites even have this tradition of telling the younger ones about to wed the history of their old ones with longer marriages.

E no help ba? grin

Couldn't have said it any better, this is what i was trying to tell that guy before he concluded my mum endured an abusive marriage, since i can't let one faceless prick disrespect my family i had to cut it short, you never learn from arguing with people like him.
Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by Martin0(m): 12:03pm On Jan 30, 2019
mhisbliss:
Lol you don't look bad sha sounds like a pity compliment and i know how nairalanders behave, I'll not say thank you. tongue
hahahahaha abeg oooo see dont think like that jor smiley smiley smiley ok you re beautiful tongue
Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by mhisbliss(f): 12:10pm On Jan 30, 2019
Martin0:
hahahahaha abeg oooo see dont think like that jor smiley smiley smiley ok you re beautiful tongue
smileyNow i can say thanks.
Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by Martin0(m): 12:15pm On Jan 30, 2019
mhisbliss:
smileyNow i can say thanks.
mehn wait wait ummm see packages cheesy cheesy lefulefu abeg come see this babe dp oo i sure you go like her smiley
Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by mhisbliss(f): 12:35pm On Jan 30, 2019
Martin0:
mehn wait wait ummm see packages cheesy cheesy lefulefu abeg come see this babe dp oo i sure you go like her smiley
He has seen me before unless he's not an old timer.
Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by Martin0(m): 2:32pm On Jan 30, 2019
mhisbliss:
He has seen me before unless he's not an old timer.
eheh na wa oo
Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by aigbekan111: 2:59pm On Jan 30, 2019
Modern days are the best ooooo......

See what husband did to his wife i think this will make you feel bad.........

So i bumped into this story on IG, on Joro's timeline to be precise. I was touched. I read and saw a

woman in pains. Some were laughing but I saw pains. Read;

Uncle joro God bless you for the good work u r doing to our relationships Pls hide my identity Happy new year This is my first time writing to you I can't believe what I heard
today.

I had a son for him oct Since then I've been avoiding cex I was actually scared of pains So finally I summoned courage to do it 2nights ago After 2rounds I wanted more but my husband was like he's..........

https://www.worldgistentertainment.com/2019/01/husband-said-my-honepot-stinks-today.html

Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 30, 2019
Here's the possible outcome of this thread :

Men will support the olden days marriage because of the power and benefits it gave them

Women will support the Modern day marriage because of the freedom it gives them.

That shows Women never benefited from olden days marriage, men are suffering from modern day marriages.

It's simply pay back grin

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 30, 2019
most ppl who engage in arranged marriage tend to cheat on their partner codedly.
Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 30, 2019
MariaLavina:

Men will support the olden days marriage because of the power and benefits it gave them

Women will support the Modern day marriage because of the freedom it gives them.

That shows Women never benefited from olden days marriage, men are suffering from modern day marriages.

not all guys cheesy.i can never be a party to arranged marriage cheesy.its always better ppl marry who they like so there will be happiness and peace in dat marriage cheesy
Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 30, 2019
Martin0:
na u come mk me check d dp cheesy
yea d melons set cheesy
Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by MISEDUCATIONS: 6:54pm On Jan 30, 2019
virgoquin:

love grows with time....by the way it isn't going to be a forced marriage jare.

totally agreed
Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by MISEDUCATIONS: 6:58pm On Jan 30, 2019
MariaLavina:

freedom to do what exactly? Divorce.?
Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by Martin0(m): 7:20am On Jan 31, 2019
lefulefu:
na u come mk me check d dp cheesy yea d melons set cheesy

omo she set ooogrin

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by godofuck231: 4:09pm On Sep 29, 2019
true

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies What Would You Do If You Just Married And This Happened / 3 Natural Foods That I Use To Boost My sexual well-being / MEN ONLY : 5 Foods You Must Avoid Before Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.