Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,513 members, 7,954,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:59 PM

There's No God But Allah? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / There's No God But Allah? (4475 Views)

Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? / Man Says He "Found Allah's Name On Ram Meat" In Lagos / Eid: What You Need To Know About Udhiya (slaughtering Animals For Allah) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There's No God But Allah? by abdulazeez1002(m): 11:38am On Jan 29, 2019
tintingz:
Run like a chicken. grin
Ok
Re: There's No God But Allah? by tintingz(m): 11:41am On Jan 29, 2019
lanrexlan:
He can't live without mocking and ridiculing religious people and their beliefs. That's the foundation of his belief. That thread is an eye opener but he is not ready to learn. To him, he already knows and religious people are deluded. He and his folks are the ones walking upright! Pathetic.
Can you define argumetum ad absurdum?

I have told him something similar. An atheist worried about multiple gods. For example, I believe Esther is barren and can't give birth to a baby. Then, how will the questions: "When did Esther put to bed? " "What's the gender of the baby?" "What's the complexion of the baby? " be relevant? Asking such questions will make me look plain stupid. But, he just wanna argue.
How does this relate to multiple Gods or their existence?

It is insecurity. He is looking for means to validate his misguidance. It is obvious with his meaningless threads and jumping from religion section to Islam section. He is NEVER sincere with himself.

Ad hominem fallacy, projection fallacy, red herring, Strawman. grin
Re: There's No God But Allah? by tintingz(m): 11:47am On Jan 29, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Islam and idolatry is separate and distinct. Some Suffis are guilty of idolatry and this varies! Some of there deeds turns them to non-Muslims!

Fortune telling is not a Muslim thing. It belongs to the idol worshipers and the magicians! What is being portrayed in the Yoruba movies is disbelief in Islam.
Why are you dodging the question I asked you?
Re: There's No God But Allah? by true2god: 12:42pm On Jan 29, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Islam and idolatry is separate and distinct. Some Suffis are guilty of idolatry and this varies! Some of there deeds turns them to non-Muslims!
But they are still regarded as Muslims and equally made up of the estimated 1.5 billion Muslims worldwide. Mind you, the shia are equally regarded as non-muslims in saudi arabia where the sunnis are the majority.

Rashduct4luv:
Fortune telling is not a Muslim thing. It belongs to the idol worshipers and the magicians! What is being portrayed in the Yoruba movies is disbelief in Islam.
I never said fortune telling is a Muslim thing but both of us know that there are many Islamic cleric who are fortune tellers. Most of them use the quran to sanction their trade. I have seen many bro. As I said earlier, the Yorubas, just like many black Africans, have their traditional religion that their forefathers have practiced for hundreds of years and it will be unfair and unwise to make Arabian god superior to theirs. The mantra there is no god but Allah is a statement that denies Africans and non-muslims' spirituality which is an anathema to the plurality of human religious consciousness. Separate and diverse cultures will always have a god indigenous to their society and culture.
Re: There's No God But Allah? by Rashduct4luv(m): 2:49pm On Jan 29, 2019
true2god:
But they are still regarded as Muslims and equally made up of the estimated 1.5 billion Muslims worldwide. Mind you, the shia are equally regarded as non-muslims in saudi arabia where the sunnis are the majority.

I never said fortune telling is a Muslim thing but both of us know that there are many Islamic cleric who are fortune tellers. Most of them use the quran to sanction their trade. I have seen many bro. As I said earlier, the Yorubas, just like many black Africans, have their traditional religion that their forefathers have practiced for hundreds of years and it will be unfair and unwise to make Arabian god superior to theirs. The mantra there is no god but Allah is a statement that denies Africans and non-muslims' spirituality which is an anathema to the plurality of human religious consciousness. Separate and diverse cultures will always have a god indigenous to their society and culture.

Don't confuse yourself. We do not regard everyone as Muslims. They are better regarded as marabout posing as a Muslim. We also have atheist posing as Christians/Muslims. In actuality, they are not Muslims.

In Summary:

Fortune telling throws one out of Islam.
It's either Islam or Idol worship and never both!
Re: There's No God But Allah? by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:23pm On Jan 29, 2019
tintingz:
Why are you dodging the question I asked you?

What question?
Re: There's No God But Allah? by AryEmber(f): 3:30pm On Jan 29, 2019
This Op has got deep issues, his confusion is out of this world.
Re: There's No God But Allah? by Empiree: 3:50pm On Jan 29, 2019
AryEmber:
ready to work on him bcuz, he's coming for you cheesy
Re: There's No God But Allah? by AryEmber(f): 4:00pm On Jan 29, 2019
Empiree:
ready to work on him bcuz, he's coming for you cheesy
Wetin I do? His confusion is just amusing to me, that's all.
Re: There's No God But Allah? by Rilwayne001: 4:15pm On Jan 29, 2019
true2god:
There are gods that control the affair of every nation and territory. The idea that an Arabian god is the only god that trumps all other culture's and people gods is a supremacist ideology that doesn't add up.

The Igbos have Arunsi, Amadioha (god of thunder), Olisa, etc are their gods. The Yorubas have Ifa (god of divination), Ogun (god of iron), Osun (the river goddess), Sango (god of thunder), etc and these gods have been very practically effective in the society in the pre-islamic Igbo and Yoruba era.

Saying it is impossible to have another god except Allah is outright downgrading of our African mysticism to promote an Arab mysticism. And FYA, over 90% of Yoruba alfa still practice African religion but most of them hide it while some do not care. I have many Alfa (muslim clerics) friends who are 100% involved in IFA divination as a source of livelihood. Even in Saudi Arabia, they have some Islamic sect, especially the sufis, that are totally engaged in black magic and mysticism, most of who are patronized by the rich and influntial people.

The idea of 'there is no god but Allah' is a lie; other people and culture have their own gods and concepts of god.

What of the 3in1 God?

1 Like

Re: There's No God But Allah? by tintingz(m): 4:15pm On Jan 29, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

What question?
Why did you choose Allah over another God?.

Any logical reason, evidence one exist and the other doesn't or one is the true one and other is not?
Re: There's No God But Allah? by tintingz(m): 4:19pm On Jan 29, 2019
AryEmber:
Kindly address the OP premise.
Re: There's No God But Allah? by Empiree: 4:21pm On Jan 29, 2019
Rilwayne001:

What of the 3in1 God?
grin

he is now a reformed christian. Not sure if he still believe in that bullsh!t grin
Re: There's No God But Allah? by Rilwayne001: 4:28pm On Jan 29, 2019
Empiree:
grin

he is now a reformed christian. Not sure if he still believe in that bullsh!t grin

I know.. I know. I deliberately asked that even though I know he'll deflect it. He's always being a closet atheist that passionately hate Islam. I'm sure Truthman2012 is somewhere doing same too. Or probably somewhere collecting tithe. That one appears to like money than anything.. Haha grin grin
Re: There's No God But Allah? by Empiree: 4:31pm On Jan 29, 2019
Rilwayne001:

I know.. I know. I deliberately asked that even though I know he'll deflect it. He's always being a closet atheist that passionately hate Islam. I'm sure Truthman2012 is somewhere doing same too. Or probably somewhere collecting tithe. That one appears to like money than anything.. Haha grin grin
grin grin and malvisguy2012. Damn, we missed crazy ppl here. The way true2god sounds lately got me thinking where he stands between christianity and atheism
Re: There's No God But Allah? by Rilwayne001: 4:38pm On Jan 29, 2019
Empiree:
grin grin and malvisguy2012. Damn, we missed crazy ppl here. The way true2god sounds lately got me thinking where he stands between christianity and atheism

He's certainly not a true follower of Jesus. I'm sure of that. The Bible and Christianity has been exposed so much on the religion section for him to remain one. He's only here wishing and trying to make Islam appear usless like his Christianity is. He's on a futile mission with Taiwo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There's No God But Allah? by Rilwayne001: 4:41pm On Jan 29, 2019
tintingz:
Can you define argumetum ad absurdum?

How does this relate to multiple Gods or their existence?

Ad hominem fallacy, projection fallacy, red herring, Strawman. grin

He made a very good analogy about Ester being a barren there, I don't know why you chose to ignore that. Besides, Albaqir showed a link where this topic was dealt with, why the need to recycle a dead argument? Why are you so desperately seeking attention? Wise people don't do this.

1 Like

Re: There's No God But Allah? by Empiree: 5:03pm On Jan 29, 2019
Rilwayne001:

He's certainly not a true follower of Jesus. I'm sure of that. The Bible and Christianity has been exposed so much on the religion section for him to remain one. He's only here wishing and trying to make Islam appear usless like his Christianity is. He's on a futile mission with Taiwo.
he is on suicide mission with that
Re: There's No God But Allah? by tintingz(m): 5:03pm On Jan 29, 2019
Rilwayne001:

He made a very good analogy about Ester being a barren there, I don't know why you chose to ignore that. Besides, Albaqir showed a link where this topic was dealt with, why the need to recycle a dead argument? Why are you so desperately seeking attention? Wise people don't do this.
I still don't understand the analogy of "Esther being barren", can you make it more understandable? Maybe I've forgotten.

That thread ended up with fallacies. It was base on assumptions upon assumptions, as well base on deistic, Spinoza concept of God.

This thread here is focused on Allah existence.

Why do Muslims think Allah exist and other Gods don't exist or Allah is the true God and other Gods are not?
Re: There's No God But Allah? by Rilwayne001: 5:32pm On Jan 29, 2019
tintingz:
I still don't understand the analogy of "Esther being barren", can you make it more understandable? Maybe I've forgotten.

[Then, how will the questions: "When did Esther put to bed? " "What's the gender of the baby?" "What's the complexion of the baby? " be relevant? Asking such questions will make me look plain stupid.]

In a nutshell, what this^ analogy is saying is that, since you don't believe any first cause or God exist at all, it is silly and dumb to now start ask questions about the attributes of what you believe to not exist. It's just like saying, you don't believe there's a country called America, and yet still you're asking whether there's Ohio in the America you don't believe exists, it's illogical.

That thread ended up with fallacies. It was base on assumptions upon assumptions, as well base on deistic, Spinoza concept of God.

Is your disbelieve in the existence of a supreme first cause not based on assumptions?

This thread here is focused on Allah existence. Why do Muslims think Allah exist and other Gods don't exist or Allah is the true God and other Gods are not?

This goes back to the Esther being Barren analogy. If only you grab.
Re: There's No God But Allah? by Rashduct4luv(m): 5:57pm On Jan 29, 2019
tintingz:
Why did you choose Allah over another God?.

Any logical reason, evidence one exist and the other doesn't or one is the true one and other is not?

Which other gods exist apart from Allaah?
Re: There's No God But Allah? by tintingz(m): 7:25pm On Jan 29, 2019
Rilwayne001:

[Then, how will the questions: "When did Esther put to bed? " "What's the gender of the baby?" "What's the complexion of the baby? " be relevant? Asking such questions will make me look plain stupid.]

In a nutshell, what this^ analogy is saying is that, since you don't believe any first cause or God exist at all, it is silly and dumb to now start ask questions about the attributes of what you believe to not exist. It's just like saying, you don't believe there's a country called America, and yet still you're asking whether there's Ohio in the America you don't believe exists, it's illogical.
The concept of God vary in each religion and philosophy, their attributes are available to argue with. If we're to argue about God which God are we arguing about? Are you just arguing about a deistic God or a pantheistic God? God is just a word, it's the attributes we need to work with, these attributes are not universal or applied to all Gods.

I don't need to believe in God before arguing about it existence, there are his attributes available, it's nonsensical to follow this logic, like i said above we don't need to believe in Superman before we know his attributes, we know he can fly as narrated in the comics.

Is your disbelieve in the existence of a supreme first cause not based on assumptions?
Nope, it's based on lack of evidence!

This goes back to the Esther being Barren analogy. If only you grab.
We have many people bearing Esther, I don't know which Esther you're talking about, you need to describe this Esther you saw.

That analogy is flawed.
Re: There's No God But Allah? by tintingz(m): 7:38pm On Jan 29, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Which other gods exist apart from Allaah?
Are you now grasping straw or what?

We have over thousands of Gods in religions and cultures. Do you want me to start mentioning them?

Now answer the premise.

1 Like

Re: There's No God But Allah? by Empiree: 8:10pm On Jan 29, 2019
Interesting. Never knew this alfa

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa_Apalara

Re: There's No God But Allah? by Empiree: 8:12pm On Jan 29, 2019

Re: There's No God But Allah? by Empiree: 8:14pm On Jan 29, 2019

Re: There's No God But Allah? by tintingz(m): 8:29pm On Jan 29, 2019
Empiree, how does your post above relate to the topic of this thread?

Are you trying to divert the thread topic or what?

Kindly stop trolling before I report you to the mods.
Re: There's No God But Allah? by Empiree: 9:40pm On Jan 29, 2019
tintingz:
Empiree, how does your post above relate to the topic of this thread?

Are you trying to divert the thread topic or what?

Kindly stop trolling before I report you to the mods.
you didnt do the same recently?.

Seriously speaking, you need to read story of Alfa Bisiriyu Apalara. It was gruesome murder that shook nigeria especially entire lagos by those other "gods" that you claim exist besides Allah.
Re: There's No God But Allah? by tintingz(m): 9:45pm On Jan 29, 2019
Empiree:
you didnt do the same recently?.
Where??

Seriously speaking, you need to read story of Alfa Bisiriyu Apalara. It was gruesome murder that shook nigeria especially entire lagos by those other "gods" that you claim exist besides Allah.
Stick to the premise and stop this trolling.

Violence happens everywhere, even in your religion.
Re: There's No God But Allah? by Empiree: 10:49pm On Jan 29, 2019
tintingz:
Where??

You just did by asking silly questions about gay and apostate in the other thread
Re: There's No God But Allah? by tintingz(m): 11:04pm On Jan 29, 2019
Empiree:
You just did by asking silly questions about gay and apostate in the other thread
You said atheists don't know what's right and wrong and I tested you with that question for you to see how fallacious you sound.

Now back to the OP premise, kindly address it.
Re: There's No God But Allah? by najib632(m): 12:37am On Jan 30, 2019
true2god:
There are gods that control the affair of every nation and territory. The idea that an Arabian god is the only god that trumps all other culture's and people gods is a supremacist ideology that doesn't add up.

The Igbos have Arunsi, Amadioha (god of thunder), Olisa, etc are their gods. The Yorubas have Ifa (god of divination), Ogun (god of iron), Osun (the river goddess), Sango (god of thunder), etc and these gods have been very practically effective in the society in the pre-islamic Igbo and Yoruba era.

Saying it is impossible to have another god except Allah is outright downgrading of our African mysticism to promote an Arab mysticism. And FYA, over 90% of Yoruba alfa still practice African religion but most of them hide it while some do not care. I have many Alfa (muslim clerics) friends who are 100% involved in IFA divination as a source of livelihood. Even in Saudi Arabia, they have some Islamic sect, especially the sufis, that are totally engaged in black magic and mysticism, most of who are patronized by the rich and influntial people.

The idea of 'there is no god but Allah' is a lie; other people and culture have their own gods and concepts of god.
I am a Borgu from Kaima, Kwara state the name for the one true diety in my language is "Luda" and most of the time when our scholars are preaching they use the word, we swear by it, ask for a favour with and many more. If there was anything wrong with the word Islamic scholars would have preached against it already. We used to be a people that worshipped fire in the ancient times before Islam and also we had other lesser dieties like the god of calabash(hahaha! Crazy right), I never knew we even had other lesser dieties because of how profound Islam is amongst my people even though I heard there are still some that are pagans, but they're a different dialect(sister tribe). So your aim of saying it's impossible for a single Diety is demeaning, Ifa in the language of the Yoruba's can be considered as the word Allah, if they consider the word to represent the supreme God and the Islamic scholars from their tribe deem it fit, due to attributes the people consider their Supreme diety to have and also from the theological perspective of their culture they can replace the word Allah with Ifa, Just like my tribe does. The greek mythology of Zeus as their Supreme God is a very degrading and weak portrayal and hence Zeus cannot to be used as the word to replace Allah in their language, Just like how the Hausas discarded the word representing their supreme diety due to it's weakness. A tribe can also do that out of preference, Indian scholars use the word Allah even though they have their own word for it[It's not that blue god you see, some researchers have identified it to be the devil himself due to the symbolism of the serpent, and the occultic karbala Jews (may Allah's curse be upon them) use it.] You should do more research on occults before concluding your atheism and you will definitely see proof of the devil's handiwork against you. I will tell you once again watch the series titled the arrivals, download it from the internet from torrent sites, or YouTube(but some of the videos are deleted because of the evidence they contain)

Allah knows best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ask Me About Islam / I Know Jesus Christ To Be A Son Of God But Who Is Muhammed? / Islamic Perspective On BJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.