Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,697 members, 7,831,177 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child (10180 Views)

Job 22:28: Did God Tell Us To Decree And Declare When We Pray? / Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child / Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by CodeTemplar: 7:13am On Jan 30, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:

Prove to whom exactly
To all.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by LordReed(m): 7:50am On Jan 30, 2019
malvisguy212:

" they do all kinds of detestable things the Lord hates. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as
sacrifices to their gods."

surly God hate child sacrifice . Abraham was only doing the RIGHT thing.
" they do all kinds of detestable things the Lord hates. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as
sacrifices to their gods."

surly God hate child sacrifice . Abraham was only doing the RIGHT thing.

How is Abraham sacrificing his son the right thing?

1 Like

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by CodeTemplar: 8:35am On Jan 30, 2019
LordReed:

That doesn't answer the question of how the god giving an instruction to do something it hates and expecting compliance makes sense.
But it made sense to you when Abraham and Sarah conceived at advance age right?
It is funny how you leave man and face God out of your subconscious state of confusion.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by CodeTemplar: 8:37am On Jan 30, 2019
LordReed:

Did he sacrifice his son? You lack comprehension man.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by MuttleyLaff: 8:37am On Jan 30, 2019
LordReed:
The right thing was Abraham going about doing exactly what God commanded him to do, and stopping from doing it, as soon as when told something else otherwise.
cc malvisguy212

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by malvisguy212: 8:54am On Jan 30, 2019
LordReed:

wow. atheists. well, nothing much to say. I cannot draw a 4HD on a 2HD screen.

obeying God is the right thing to do.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by LordReed(m): 10:17am On Jan 30, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Did he sacrifice his son? You lack comprehension man.

Don't be stupid. Even the bible acknowledges that Abraham had already killed Isaac in his mind because he was confident the god will raise him from death. You are a real dumbass.

1 Like

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by LordReed(m): 10:19am On Jan 30, 2019
malvisguy212:
wow. atheists. well, nothing much to say. I cannot draw a 4HD on a 2HD screen.

obeying God is the right thing to do.

If you can't that is your problem not mine.

So if the god asks you to kill your child you will obey? And the god hates child sacrifice?

I think I am beginning to understand why priests think it ok to prey on children.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by LordReed(m): 10:21am On Jan 30, 2019
CodeTemplar:
But it made sense to you when Abraham and Sarah conceived at advance age right?
It is funny how you leave man and face God out of your subconscious state of confusion.

You really are dumb. You believe in 4000 year old stories of angels and demons and have the temerity to call me confused. You are a dumbass of a special order.
Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by LordReed(m): 10:28am On Jan 30, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
"2Joshua said to all the people, “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says:
‘Long ago your ancestors, including Terah the father of Abraham and Nahor, lived beyond the Euphrates River and worshiped other gods.
3But I took your father Abraham from the land beyond the Euphrates and led him throughout Canaan and gave him many descendants. I gave him Isaac
"
- Joshua 24:2-3

Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child?

Before answering the question, let's acknowledge and get a few things into perspective first
1/ Abram, before becoming Abraham, was a worshipper of idols, an idolater, in short.
2/ Child sacrificing to these idols was a common and prevailing practice then and Abram was accustomed to it
3/ Deuteronomy 12:30-31 was formalized 400 years plus after the historic Abraham's near-sacrifice of his son Isaac
4/ It is a well known historical and documentated fact that Abram tithed in line with the prevailing Mesopotamia custom to tithe
Artifacts shows and testifies to heathens practice of tithing. Like few other things, tithing was a status quo, same as child sacrifices and/or ritualistic killing of children with Abraham then.

People then and even to date, are doing detestable things God hates and they really, are things, deserving intense dislikes. They are, things like, people believing that by performing child sacrifices and/or carrying out ritualistic killing of children they are pleasing or appeasing the god(s). Off track, another is, performing ritual sex acts, allegedly to get blessings, where males offer themselves as temple prostitutes to patrons for sacred sexual rituals purpose(s) believing they will receive divine blessing, favour, power etcetera at the end or back of it. Anyway back on track, from the slight diversion, so the reason why God told Abraham to sacrifice his child, funnily and ultimately enough, is to end the disgusting, foolish and senseless child human sacrifice practice.

A new Sheriff is in town, a new Person has come to power, the new Person has come into Abraham's life and is going to make changes. This new authority figure in Abraham's life, is taking charge, laying down the rules and letting Abraham know that the line on child sacrifice(s) is drawn. Sure Abraham was tested, to see, if he will carry out the command but fact is, God, from the word, go, and on principle, disagrees with the practice and so, we have it that, ultimately did not allow the sacrifice to happen and so the experience, presented Abraham with the knowledge, the understanding and the discernment that God is not into the business of child sacrifices nor into ritualistic killing of children, done supposedly by those looking for wealth, riches, fame and power or done to curry divine favour from these wicked and cruel acts

Many wont see the wood for the trees, as "test loyal servant... ask him to do something the god hates" is a red herring. It doesnt have to make sense to mortals, God is more sensible than the most sensible ever lived or living man

He does already know the outcome HenryDion, but does the testee know?

Self-discovery, is finding oneself, its taking the journey within, discovering who you truly are and finding out all the mystries that lies within you. Abraham, from that experience, got to know and learned many lessons that day.

"A wise man, can learn more from a foolish question, than a fool, can learn from a wise answer."
- Bruce Lee
cc CodeTemplar, tintingz,

So in order to distinguish itself from the other gods being worshiped at time, the god gives the exact same command as the other gods do? And this makes sense to you? The god also doesn't tell Abraham, yeah I really hate this stuff but I just had to test you so don't ever do this again. It straight up pronounces a blessing on Abraham for obeying the command to go sacrifice his son.

This is a pattern of behaviour we see throughout the bible, the god blesses actions it has explicitly condemned elsewhere, yet Christians will have us believe the god's morality is absolute. Y'all are confused.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by malvisguy212: 10:49am On Jan 30, 2019
LordReed:

If you can't that is your problem not mine.

So if the god asks you to kill your child you will obey? And the god hates child sacrifice?

I think I am beginning to understand why priests think it ok to prey on children.
the Bible verse the op quote say God hate child sacrifice. did Abraham sacrifice Isaac? NO !! so what are you saying ?

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by LordReed(m): 11:07am On Jan 30, 2019
malvisguy212:
the Bible verse the op quote say God hate child sacrifice. did Abraham sacrifice Isaac? NO !! so what are you saying ?

So why would the god ask Abraham to do something the god hate's?

BTW this is what your bible says

Hebrews 11
17 By faith Abraham, when God tested him, offered Isaac as a sacrifice. He who had embraced the promises was about to sacrifice his one and only son, 18 even though God had said to him, “It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned.”[c] 19 Abraham reasoned that God could even raise the dead, and so in a manner of speaking he did receive Isaac back from death.
Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by malvisguy212: 11:14am On Jan 30, 2019
LordReed:

So why would the god ask Abraham to do something the god hate's?

BTW this is what your bible says

Hebrews 11
17 By faith Abraham, when God tested him, offered Isaac as a sacrifice. He who had embraced the promises was about to sacrifice his one and only son, 18 even though God had said to him, “It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned.”[c] 19 Abraham reasoned that God could even raise the dead, and so in a manner of speaking he did receive Isaac back from death.
no my brother, you need to consider what God did not allow Abraham do .

1 Like

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by Dantedasz(m): 12:54pm On Jan 30, 2019
Question, question, question??

If God does not support human sacrifice, why didn't he stop Jephthah from burning his daughter to him as a human sacrifice?

It is there in the Bible.

Judges chapter 11,verses 30-40

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by Dantedasz(m): 1:01pm On Jan 30, 2019
^^^

Judges 11:30-40 New International Version (NIV)
30 And Jephthah made a vow to the Lord: “If you give the Ammonites into my hands, 31 whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the Lord’s, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering.”

32 Then Jephthah went over to fight the Ammonites, and the Lord gave them into his hands. 33 He devastated twenty towns from Aroer to the vicinity of Minnith, as far as Abel Keramim. Thus Israel subdued Ammon.

34 When Jephthah returned to his home in Mizpah, who should come out to meet him but his daughter, dancing to the sound of timbrels! She was an only child. Except for her he had neither son nor daughter. 35 When he saw her, he tore his clothes and cried, “Oh no, my daughter! You have brought me down and I am devastated. I have made a vow to the Lord that I cannot break.”

36 “My father,” she replied, “you have given your word to the Lord. Do to me just as you promised, now that the Lord has avenged you of your enemies, the Ammonites. 37 But grant me this one request,” she said. “Give me two months to roam the hills and weep with my friends, because I will never marry.”

38 “You may go,” he said. And he let her go for two months. She and her friends went into the hills and wept because she would never marry. 39 After the two months, she returned to her father, and he did to her as he had vowed. And she was a virgin.

From this comes the Israelite tradition 40 that each year the young women of Israel go out for four days to commemorate the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by Dantedasz(m): 1:33pm On Jan 30, 2019
Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by MuttleyLaff: 2:28pm On Jan 30, 2019
LordReed:
So in order to distinguish itself from the other gods being worshiped at time, the god gives the exact same command as the other gods do?
What's wrong with that

LordReed:
And this makes sense to you?
Of course it does, it actually does makes a great deal of sense to me. Why bother reinventing the wheel, when you can make do with what is already a prevailing practice

LordReed:
The god also doesn't tell Abraham, yeah I really hate this stuff but I just had to test you so don't ever do this again. It straight up pronounces a blessing on Abraham for obeying the command to go sacrifice his son.
God is sovereign, he can use even what He hates to test anybody. Even, me, sometimes, have to do certain things I hate, for example, I hate taking the rubbish out but I hardly have any choice, not to. I hate mowing the lawn, so sometimes, pay or get someone else to do it. Well Abraham deserved to be rewarded now, dont you think. That would have been a traumatic experience you wouldnt want to relive

LordReed:
This is a pattern of behaviour we see throughout the bible, the god blesses actions it has explicitly condemned elsewhere, yet Christians will have us believe the god's morality is absolute. Y'all are confused.
Now you are putting the cart before the horse here. Where and when before the Abraham-Isaac incident, was child sacrifice explicitly condemned huh?

Dantedasz:
Question, question, question??

If God does not support human sacrifice, why didn't he stop Jephthah from burning his daughter to him as a human sacrifice?

It is there in the Bible.

Judges chapter 11,verses 30-40
"They have built pagan shrines at Topheth, the garbage dump in the valley of Ben-Hinnom, and there they burn their sons and daughters in the fire. I have never commanded such a horrible deed; it never even crossed my mind to command such a thing!"
- Jeremiah 7:31

Dantedasz, Jephthah DID NOT use his daughter as a burnt offering and this because human burnt offering is an anathema to God. Jephthah knew this and so never was he planning nor had any intention of offering God a human burnt offering. Besides burnt offering always had to do with animals anway, and never had anything to do with human sacrifices

Dantedasz:
^^^Judges 11:30-40 New International Version (NIV)
30 And Jephthah made a vow to the Lord: “If you give the Ammonites into my hands,
31 whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the Lord’s, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering.”

32 Then Jephthah went over to fight the Ammonites, and the Lord gave them into his hands.
33 He devastated twenty towns from Aroer to the vicinity of Minnith, as far as Abel Keramim. Thus Israel subdued Ammon.

34 When Jephthah returned to his home in Mizpah, who should come out to meet him but his daughter, dancing to the sound of timbrels! She was an only child. Except for her he had neither son nor daughter.
35 When he saw her, he tore his clothes and cried, “Oh no, my daughter! You have brought me down and I am devastated. I have made a vow to the Lord that I cannot break.”
36 “My father,” she replied, “you have given your word to the Lord. Do to me just as you promised, now that the Lord has avenged you of your enemies, the Ammonites.
37 But grant me this one request,” she said. “Give me two months to roam the hills and weep with my friends, because I will never marry.”
38 “You may go,” hesaid. And he let her go for two months. She and her friends went into the hills and wept because she would never marry. 39 After the two months, she returned to her father, and he did to her as he had vowed. And she was a virgin.
From this comes the Israelite tradition
40 that each year the young women of Israel go out for four days to commemorate the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite.
For anyone interested in knowing. Two vows were made by Jephthah. None of the vows was about barbequing suya human beings nor about seminary school but if being lenient, then, maybe in a kind of non-technical way, we can accept "seminary school" as being one of the two vows.

Dantedasz:
h t t ps://youtu.be/Pt66kbYmXXk
Dantedasz and his worthless YouTube animated video again. The only person the clip has any worth to is nonstampcollector because of the sweet kerching sound when YouTube sends him crispy dollar cheques at the end of the month

This Jephthah controversy has been flogged enough times and long time laid to rest on nairaland. I wonder why, some are still tearing hairs out and getting hard-ons over it
cc CodeTemplar, tintingz, malvisguy212

1 Like

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by LordReed(m): 2:42pm On Jan 30, 2019
malvisguy212:

Lemme ask you, if the police caught you about to kill someone, will they charge you for an offence or not?
Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by MuttleyLaff: 2:49pm On Jan 30, 2019
malvisguy212:

LordReed:
Lemme ask you, if the police caught you about to kill someone, will they charge you for an offence or not?
If they charge, then police will have to meet the person in court, which I am confidently sure the judge will most likely throw out the case, as a crime hasnt been committed yet. Prosecution will have a hard time getting the charge to stick sef

1 Like

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by LordReed(m): 2:56pm On Jan 30, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
What's wrong with that

Of course it does, it actually does makes a great deal of sense to me. Why bother reinventing the wheel, when you can make do with what is already a prevailing practice

God is sovereign, he can use even what He hates to test anybody. Even, me, sometimes, have to do certain things I hate, for example, I hate taking the rubbish out but I hardly have any choice, not to. I hate mowing the lawn, so sometimes, pay or get someone else to do it. Well Abraham deserved to be rewarded now, dont you think. That would have been a traumatic experience you wouldnt want to relive

Now you are putting the cart before the horse here. Where and when before the Abraham-Isaac incident, was child sacrifice explicitly condemned huh?

You are the one who said the god wanted to distinguish itself you are now saying it did not condemn child sacrifice which was a common practice. Dude did it want to distinguish itself or not? How can it give a command for child sacrifice that the god HATES? Why did it not from the onset condemn the practice to Abraham? Slice it anyway you like, this was a most senseless story if you are making this your god out to be a benevolent intelligent entity.

I can assure you you do not hate taking the thrash out, you probably dislike it but hate no. Hate is a very strong word and the usage in the bible indicates pure abhorrence such that it even says it will make the god to turn away from its people, then the god casually tells its loyal servant to go perform a deed it hates?

So this your intelligent god who supposedly destroyed the earth for wickedness when there was no express command as you now require for Abraham's case, would now have to wait more than 400years to have the law written down condemning the practice? It needs a law to express how much it hates the practice? Why then did it supposedly destroy Sodom and Gomorrah? Where was the law forbidding what they did? Are not seeing how these things make no sense?

1 Like

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by LordReed(m): 2:57pm On Jan 30, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

If they charge, then police will have to meet the person in court, which I am confidently sure the judge will most likely throw out the case, as a crime hasnt been committed yet. Prosecution will have a hard time getting the charge to stick sef

Ever heard of attempted murder or conspiracy to commit murder?
Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by MuttleyLaff: 3:21pm On Jan 30, 2019
LordReed:
You are the one who said the god wanted to distinguish itself you are now saying it did not condemn child sacrifice which was a common practice.
Are you sure you havent mistaken my moniker for another one. When and when did I say anything about God distinguishing Himself?

LordReed:
Dude did it want to distinguish itself or not? How can it give a command for child sacrifice that the god HATES? Why did it not from the onset condemn the practice to Abraham? Slice it anyway you like, this was a most senseless story if you are making this your god out to be a benevolent intelligent entity
Did what you are accusing God off actually got done? Did God not say what is stance is concerning child sacrifices etcetera?

LordReed:
I can assure you you do not hate taking the thrash out, you probably dislike it but hate no. Hate is a very strong word and the usage in the bible indicates pure abhorrence such that it even says it will make the god to turn away from its people, then the god casually tells its loyal servant to go perform a deed it hates?
Trust me, I know me more than you know me. I hate taking out the trash, I having to go to work everyday, but then mortgage hasnt been paid off yet, so I just have to slug it out

LordReed:
So this your intelligent god who supposedly destroyed the earth for wickedness when there was no express command as you now require for Abraham's case, would now have to wait more than 400years to have the law written down condemning the practice? It needs a law to express how much it hates the practice? Why then did it supposedly destroy Sodom and Gomorrah? Where was the law forbidding what they did? Are not seeing how these things make no sense?
Good question about Sodom and Gomorrah, unfortunately answering the question, will derail the thread apart from being beyond the thread's scope.

Has it not yet entered your mind, that God would had intelligently thought and considered all options before settling for what specific decision and action He took?

LordReed:
Ever heard of attempted murder or conspiracy to commit murder?
You still need to convincingly prove attempted murder or conspiracy to commit murder in court. Ever heard of police inducement or entrapment?

1 Like

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by Dantedasz(m): 4:32pm On Jan 30, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
What's wrong with that

"They have built pagan shrines at Topheth, the garbage dump in the valley of Ben-Hinnom, and there they burn their sons and daughters in the fire. I have never commanded such a horrible deed; it never even crossed my mind to command such a thing!"
- Jeremiah 7:31

Dantedasz, Jephthah DID NOT use his daughter as a burnt offering and this because human burnt offering is an anathema to God. Jephthah knew this and so never was he planning nor had any intention of offering God a human burnt offering. Besides burnt offering always had to do with animals anway, and never had anything to do with human sacrifices

For anyone interested in knowing. Two vows were made by Jephthah. None of the vows was about barbequing suya human beings nor about seminary school but if being lenient, then, maybe in a kind of non-technical way, we can accept "seminary school" as being one of the two vows.

Dantedasz and his worthless YouTube animated video again. The only person the clip has any worth to is nonstampcollector because of the sweet kerching sound when YouTube sends him crispy dollar cheques at the end of the month

This Jephthah controversy has been flogged enough times and long time laid to rest on nairaland. I wonder why, some are still tearing hairs out and getting hard-ons over it
cc CodeTemplar, tintingz, malvisguy212

I know religionists develop selective amnesia when confronted with the facts of delusion but this has got to take the cake.
There are two verses in the Bible where Yahweh appears to condone burning human beings as sacrifice to his insatiable lust for killings.
1. Abraham and his son Isaac. Genesis chapter 22 verse 9.

2. Jephthah and his unnamed daughter. Judges chapter 11.

It is there in your Bible. Read it. There is no wriggling out of this one.
Let us assume the case of Abraham and Isaac was a test by an OMNISCIENT entity to test it's creations free will, what about the second case?
The omniscient creator stopped Abraham from sacrificing Isaac by providing an animal to be sacrificed in Isaac's case but this same loving creator fails to do the same in the second case of Jephthah's unnamed daughter?
And you can see how sexist the writers of the Bible were, because in the case of Jephthah's daughter,her name does not need to be provided since she is just a statistic in Yahweh's horror movie of killings and burning of human beings.

As for the YouTube video's,you may call them useless or stupid but when you watch them with a critical mind,the simplicity of those videos exposes the hypocrisy of the Bible.

Thou shall not kill------What is Yahweh's body count in the Bible?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by Dantedasz(m): 4:39pm On Jan 30, 2019
Dantedasz:
^^^

Judges 11:30-40 New International Version (NIV)
30 And Jephthah made a vow to the Lord: “If you give the Ammonites into my hands, 31 whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the Lord’s, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering.”

32 Then Jephthah went over to fight the Ammonites, and the Lord gave them into his hands. 33 He devastated twenty towns from Aroer to the vicinity of Minnith, as far as Abel Keramim. Thus Israel subdued Ammon.

34 When Jephthah returned to his home in Mizpah, who should come out to meet him but his daughter, dancing to the sound of timbrels! She was an only child. Except for her he had neither son nor daughter. 35 When he saw her, he tore his clothes and cried, “Oh no, my daughter! You have brought me down and I am devastated. I have made a vow to the Lord that I cannot break.”

36 “My father,” she replied, “you have given your word to the Lord. Do to me just as you promised, now that the Lord has avenged you of your enemies, the Ammonites. 37 But grant me this one request,” she said. “Give me two months to roam the hills and weep with my friends, because I will never marry.”

38 “You may go,” he said. And he let her go for two months. She and her friends went into the hills and wept because she would never marry. 39 After the two months, she returned to her father, and he did to her as he had vowed. And she was a virgin.

From this comes the Israelite tradition 40 that each year the young women of Israel go out for four days to commemorate the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite.

Here is the passage again since according to MuttleyLaff, Jephthah did not barbecue his daughter as an offering to please Yahweh. It is there in your Bible. What a horror show.
JUDGES CHAPTER 11 VERSES 30-40.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by LordReed(m): 5:21pm On Jan 30, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Are you sure you havent mistaken my moniker for another one. When and when did I say anything about God distinguishing Himself?

Did what you are accusing God off actually got done? Did God not say what is stance is concerning child sacrifices etcetera?

Trust me, I know me more than you know me. I hate taking out the trash, I having to go to work everyday, but then mortgage hasnt been paid off yet, so I just have to slug it out

Good question about Sodom and Gomorrah, unfortunately answering the question, will derail the thread apart from being beyond the thread's scope.

Has it not yet entered your mind, that God would had intelligently thought and considered all options before settling for what specific decision and action He took?

It has and it damn sure doesn't look like this your god has any intelligence beyond what the men that wrote the stories were capable of. We see no sign that anything in the bible was intelligently thought out with an eye to the future contrary to what christians would have us believe.

As for its stance on child sacrifice, you said that it was not written prior to its command to Abraham, were you not trying to imply that it gave it the leverage to so order?

You still need to convincingly prove attempted murder or conspiracy to commit murder in court. Ever heard of police inducement or entrapment?

My guy, you know that if the police got a hold of a document outlining how a "god" commanded you to kill someone, you'll be sent to an asylum, if not tried under different laws for like terrorism and threat to life.

1 Like

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by LordReed(m): 5:34pm On Jan 30, 2019
Dantedasz:

Here is the passage again since according to MuttleyLaff, Jephthah did not barbecue his daughter as an offering to please Yahweh. It is there in your Bible. What a horror show.
JUDGES CHAPTER 11 VERSES 30-40.

When I was a Christian I struggled with this passage because it didn't gel with anything we knew of the god. So in other to make it make sense I was taught that she wasn't given as a burnt offering, she instead became a "nun". Nevermind all the other problems that interpretation throws up, the sanctity of the god was preserved. LMFAO!
Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by Dantedasz(m): 5:41pm On Jan 30, 2019
LordReed:

When I was a Christian I struggled with this passage because it didn't gel with anything we knew of the god. So in other to make it make sense I was taught that she wasn't given as a burnt offering, she instead became a "nun". Nevermind all the other problems that interpretation throws up, the sanctity of the god was preserved. LMFAO!

I have never been able to wrap my head around the horrible story even when I was a kid. Who was he expecting to welcome him home except a human being?
Christian apologists try every dirty trick in the book to explain the incident away.
From saying Jephthah's nameless daughter became a nun,to pointing out Jephthah as a holy man who obeyed God and gave the ultimate sacrifice,to the essence of making a vow to God and keeping it.
All more astounding rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by LordReed(m): 5:48pm On Jan 30, 2019
Dantedasz:

I have never been able to wrap my head around the horrible story even when I was a kid. Who was he expecting to welcome him home except a human being?
Christian apologists try every dirty trick in the book to explain the incident away.
From saying Jephthah's nameless daughter became a nun to pointing out Jephthah as a holy man who obeyed God and gave the ultimate sacrifice to the essence of making a vow to God and keeping it.
All more astounding rubbish!

Truly astounding rubbish.
Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by Dantedasz(m): 5:54pm On Jan 30, 2019
LordReed:

Truly astounding rubbish.

When they are confronted with the absurdity of their ridiculous religious pamphlet called the Bible,they take to their heels and run away only to return surreptitiously to make amendments to their posts.There is one Catholic guy that normally runs away when confronted with superior arguments, only to come back weeks later to amend his posts under the cloak of darkness. I always see the mentions but I just chuckle and ignore him.

1 Like

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by LordReed(m): 6:14pm On Jan 30, 2019
Dantedasz:

When they are confronted with the absurdity of their ridiculous religious pamphlet called the Bible,they take to their heels and run away only to return surreptitiously to make amendments to their posts.There is one Catholic guy that normally runs away when confronted with superior arguments, only to come back weeks later to amend his posts under the cloak of darkness. I always see the mentions but I just chuckle and ignore him.

Seriously? What a lame arse.
Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by CodeTemplar: 6:22pm On Jan 30, 2019
Dantedasz:

I know religionists develop selective amnesia when confronted with the facts of delusion but this has got to take the cake.
There are two verses in the Bible where Yahweh appears to condone burning human beings as sacrifice to his insatiable lust for killings.
1. Abraham and his son Isaac. Genesis chapter 22 verse 9.

2. Jephthah and his unnamed daughter. Judges chapter 11.

It is there in your Bible. Read it. There is no wriggling out of this one.
Let us assume the case of Abraham and Isaac was a test by an OMNISCIENT entity to test it's creations free will, what about the second case?
The omniscient creator stopped Abraham from sacrificing Isaac by providing an animal to be sacrificed in Isaac's case but this same loving creator fails to do the same in the second case of Jephthah's unnamed daughter?
And you can see how sexist the writers of the Bible were, because in the case of Jephthah's daughter,her name does not need to be provided since she is just a statistic in Yahweh's horror movie of killings and burning of human beings.

As for the YouTube video's,you may call them useless or stupid but when you watch them with a critical mind,the simplicity of those videos exposes the hypocrisy of the Bible.

Thou shall not kill------What is Yahweh's body count in the Bible?

The man vowed and fulfilled his vow? How is that God's fault?

1 Like

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by budaatum: 6:22pm On Jan 30, 2019
malvisguy212:
let me ask you this. if Abraham decided to sacrifice Issac on his own. will God accept his sacrifice ?
This is a stupid question! If Abraham sacrificed Isaac without God telling him to do so, wouldn't that be murder?!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do Churches Pay Salaries To Musicians? / Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? / Our Orphic World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.