Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,151 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Is It Better To Be Your Own Boss? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Better To Be Your Own Boss? (3749 Views)

Be Your Own Boss With Oriflame Business Opportunities!!! / Hiit?niit?aptech?which One Is Better To Study It? / Public Sector Vs Private Sector: Which One Is Better To Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Better To Be Your Own Boss? by smartsoft(m): 3:17pm On Jul 23, 2006
i prefer to be my own boss, but u got to learn the techniques on how da business you into works well if not, men 4get it
Re: Is It Better To Be Your Own Boss? by Oracle(m): 5:49pm On Jul 23, 2006
Itz definitely better but really challenging, it requires your extra time, strength and everything but since the money is coming you can still relax
Re: Is It Better To Be Your Own Boss? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 23, 2006
Not really better, most people work best with a leader in charge. Many work best as team players. This being the boss idea is only prevalent in Nigeria/Africa where unemployment is rife. In developed countries, the issue is not about being the boss but about being productive in your endeavour whether as the boss or not. In nigeria where almost everyone is the boss of a million and one roadside conpanies, how has that improved the economy? much of the economy is carried on the backs of the same giant multinationals we all love to hate, we remain a consumerist nation, sprouting new pseudo companies that are not viable either because of unemployment or just because we love being the boss. There are not that many "bosses" in developed countries and yet their economies are far superior.
Re: Is It Better To Be Your Own Boss? by asscend: 1:55am On Jul 24, 2006
Its one thing to be "a boss" its another thing to be "the Boss". If ur not good at followership level, how can u lead others? So before u become "The Boss" of ur own business make sure u've been a good follower. Having a Job is good because it trains u for tomorow; but the problem with many is that they get stuck to it and forget they are just on a journey. For ur info; the meaning of JOB is "JUST OVER BROKE". Ur job can never sustain u. Enterprenuarship is the way to go. Think big and dream big.  As long as u don't let the dream and the vision become stale u'll arrive at ur destination. THE QUESTION IS CAN U DREAM Ur mind is ur CAPITAL.
Re: Is It Better To Be Your Own Boss? by diyobdw(f): 1:02pm On Jul 24, 2006
@asscend
THE QUESTION IS CAN U DREAM your mind is your CAPITAL.!

That a fact cheesy
Re: Is It Better To Be Your Own Boss? by topdollar1(f): 6:26pm On Jul 26, 2006
I prefer to do both actually. I love the exposure, challenge, social aspect, flexibilty, income, and opportunites to collaborate that I enjoy with my emplyer, at the same time, I also love the flexibility of earning and generating income, on my own terms, via a venture I have going on, I'm having fun right now. However, ultimately, I think I'll focus on doing my own thing. They say the American dream is no longer owning your home but owning your own (succesful) business. I agree.
Re: Is It Better To Be Your Own Boss? by diyobdw(f): 7:44am On Jul 27, 2006
They say the American dream is no longer owning your home but owning your own (succesful) business.
I agree too!!.
It me dream too.
Re: Is It Better To Be Your Own Boss? by Keisha(f): 9:07pm On Jul 27, 2006
[color=#770077][/color]Of course its better to be your own boss! Think about it come and go as you please you decide if and when you want to go to work and not to mention pay.
Re: Is It Better To Be Your Own Boss? by nilla(f): 9:11pm On Jul 27, 2006
Yup

i think its better to be your own boss. But with the experience of havin worked under someone before.
Re: Is It Better To Be Your Own Boss? by Dinosky(m): 6:38pm On Jul 28, 2006
Hey, nobody that wouldn't like to be the master of his own artistery. Working on my own has been my greatest dream to come. Though i work now to make some cash because i know that i am creative and will make it working for myself.

There is this joy attached to it not for the money, but you will utilize your time very well.
Re: Is It Better To Be Your Own Boss? by segedoo(m): 6:17am On Jul 29, 2006
Hell YES. and it ain't 4 the chicken.
Re: Is It Better To Be Your Own Boss? by salam12(m): 11:43pm On Feb 11, 2008
Being on your own could be the primary target of all nigerians working and living in Nigeria, because our system don't have a solid system to care take of the future of the people. For any vocation you decide on; the first rule is to learn everything about it either by attending training seminal, asking questions and discussion with professional in the field. The beginning would always be rough but the knowledge could be highly rewarding. Moreover we should remember that if you are working somewhere now, there would be a time you'll need to leave the job or the job would leave you.
Re: Is It Better To Be Your Own Boss? by almondjoy(f): 12:09pm On Feb 12, 2008
It depends on the personality, goals and aspirations of the individual.  In the true sense of the word you are never your own boss.  Either you work for people or people work for you.  Your customer is always your boss! kiss

Most people are just in love with the idea of owning their own thing. Good! Comes with a lot of responsibity and discipline MOST Nigerians do not have--the reason 99% of busisnesses collapse within 2 years.

Without the proper education, discipline, professional and ethical conducts in place--you can never be qualified to have a successful business or serve your clients.

Like I said--don't wake up from your dreams please! kiss

You can never work for yourself---it is just a dream we all have.  Please do not wake up!

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do You Know About Cima (chartered Institute Of Management Of Accountants) / Cbt Nugget Training Video For Cissp,c|eh,ccna,ccnp And Ips / Interswitch Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.