Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,786 members, 7,844,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

No VP Acted In Presidential Capacity More Than Atiku – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No VP Acted In Presidential Capacity More Than Atiku – Obasanjo (763 Views)

Atiku: Obasanjo's Face Should Be On The New Naira Notes / Here Is The Moment Oshiomhole Exposed How Atiku & Obasanjo Fought At Wuse Market / Oyedepo, Kukah, Sheik Gumi, Atiku, Obasanjo Meet In Abeokuta (More Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No VP Acted In Presidential Capacity More Than Atiku – Obasanjo by happney65: 3:51pm On Jan 30, 2019
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has said no Nigerian vice president acted in the stead of his principal as much as former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar.

Obasanjo, who was the guest speaker at the Island Club Quarterly Business Lecture, which held Wednesday, stated that, contrary to popular belief, Abubakar presided over several Federal Executive Council meetings under his 1999-2007 administration.
The former President took a jibe at President Muhammadu Buhari, who spent 104 consecutive days on medical vacation, and Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, who was appointed as “acting president.”

According to Obasanjo, one of the most ridiculous claims he has heard is that he did not trust Atiku, who is the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, to preside over the FEC.

He added, “That is not true because he had occasion to preside a few times that I was out of the country on duty. On those occasions, he was in charge of the FEC meetings and no Nigerian chief executive has devolved to his deputy as much as I did to Atiku.
“I did not need to designate him ‘acting president’ because the constitution is clear; once the president is not available, the vice president automatically acts with full powers, and he consults when and if he considers it necessary.

“But since I was not absent from home for 104 days at a time, people may not know that Atiku actually stood in for me whenever I was out (of the country).

“You have a man who has what it takes in experience, exposure, lessons that he has learnt and he has learnt his lessons. I tried to teach him a few of them. You have a man who has what it takes at this time for us to have a change and we need a change for the better.”

https://punchng.com/no-vp-acted-in-presidential-capacity-more-than-atiku-obasanjo/
Re: No VP Acted In Presidential Capacity More Than Atiku – Obasanjo by Baawaa(m): 3:53pm On Jan 30, 2019
Baba you are a liar,Nigerians know your style grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: No VP Acted In Presidential Capacity More Than Atiku – Obasanjo by Xclusivegrin007(m): 3:54pm On Jan 30, 2019
Re: No VP Acted In Presidential Capacity More Than Atiku – Obasanjo by jlinkd78(m): 3:54pm On Jan 30, 2019
104 days angle is really a savage. If u know u know
Re: No VP Acted In Presidential Capacity More Than Atiku – Obasanjo by Okoroawusa: 3:54pm On Jan 30, 2019
Does this man think we were born yesterday?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: No VP Acted In Presidential Capacity More Than Atiku – Obasanjo by olajizz01(m): 3:56pm On Jan 30, 2019
This man is a bloody liar.
May be he thought we were born yesterday.

Atiku was completely isolated and stripped during this super story teller's second term in office

Did you know the number of Senate presidents you impeached.

In fact,you are an usurper, you usurped other two organs of govt during your notorious reign

Corrupt Man,your are one of the tyrant in the world during your regime,no minister will address the press in his/her ministry without your consent and telling him what to say,if anyone of them did so,he will be fired with immediate effect.

1 Like

Re: No VP Acted In Presidential Capacity More Than Atiku – Obasanjo by rusher14: 3:57pm On Jan 30, 2019
So we should commence burning the books you penned.

2 Likes

Re: No VP Acted In Presidential Capacity More Than Atiku – Obasanjo by helinues: 3:58pm On Jan 30, 2019
Wait oo.

Has Obj forgotten all what he spewed in his book about Atiku or is this about what he is going to benefits should Atiku wins ?

This old man don dey do Oro rituals like kiddo..

2 Likes

Re: No VP Acted In Presidential Capacity More Than Atiku – Obasanjo by livelymatilda22: 3:59pm On Jan 30, 2019
Lol..Obasanjo is indirectly replying Pdp, who earlier replied Tinubu.

Pdp told Tinubu that all his allegations against Atiku wasn't his fault,because he wasn't the President as at when the allegations occurred...

Sooner or later, Obasanjo and Atiku/Pdp will surely clash again. Probably after Atiku has lost the coming general election..

Buhari is busy campaigning as much as 2 states per day.. But Atiku will do one day campaign and rest for 2 days.... OK ooo

1 Like

Re: No VP Acted In Presidential Capacity More Than Atiku – Obasanjo by Sakamaje: 4:00pm On Jan 30, 2019
It's funny hearing OBJ try to speak positively about Atiku's person. As a matter of fact it sounds really really weird considering how much he has decimated and done more harm to his character than any other person alive.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No VP Acted In Presidential Capacity More Than Atiku – Obasanjo by Nogodye(m): 4:16pm On Jan 30, 2019
Now i know that baba dey high on Ota weed...Of all the VPs Nigeria has ever produced Osinbajo is the greatest of all.Even in acting capacity.

1 Like

Re: No VP Acted In Presidential Capacity More Than Atiku – Obasanjo by Zaufanjinba(m): 5:04pm On Jan 30, 2019
Actually Osinbajo is the best VP Nigeria ever had .we northerners will elect him as president in 2023

1 Like

Re: No VP Acted In Presidential Capacity More Than Atiku – Obasanjo by Omeokachie: 5:16pm On Jan 30, 2019
Atiku, a man with practical 'on-the-job' experience.
Re: No VP Acted In Presidential Capacity More Than Atiku – Obasanjo by MrAJQ(m): 5:31pm On Jan 30, 2019
All I can say is IPOB listen to your best governor.
OBJ the pathetic liar. You and I know that all what he said is absolute lie.

1 Like

Re: No VP Acted In Presidential Capacity More Than Atiku – Obasanjo by kmaster007: 5:58pm On Jan 30, 2019
I wonder Wetin atiku promise dis obj... no b dis obj don spoil atiku before... atiku now a gud man...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

INEC: A Need To Review Nigeria's Electoral Laws / Let’s Acknowledge Mahmood Yakubu, the New Face of Electoral Fraud in Nigeria! / What Will You Do, If You Meet Them Like This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.