Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,321 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

2019 Presidency: SERAP Reacts To Atiku’s Plan To Grant Amnesty To Looters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Presidency: SERAP Reacts To Atiku’s Plan To Grant Amnesty To Looters (23526 Views)

Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu / Nnamdi Chude Rearrested, SERAP Reacts / Shehui Sanni Reacts To Atiku's Plan To Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019 Presidency: SERAP Reacts To Atiku’s Plan To Grant Amnesty To Looters by feddis(m): 1:53pm On Jan 31, 2019
Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project, SERAP, has countered presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party,PDP, Atiku Abubakar over plans to grant amnesty to corrupt Nigerians if elected president.

Atiku said he may consider granting looters amnesty provided they are willing to reinvest their loot in Nigeria, thereby creating jobs.

The former Vice president said this on Wednesday while answering questions on ‘The Candidates’, a presidential town hall co-production on the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA).

But, SERAP , reacting in a post on its official Twitter handle condemned Atiku’s plan to grant amnesty to looters.

According to SERAP, the corrupt must be held accountable and not escape justice.

The post read: “Dear Atiku, granting amnesty for corrupt persons will exacerbate impunity for corruption in Nigeria.

“SERAP Nigeria will challenge any such amnesty if it’s ever adopted as a policy, should you be elected into the office. The corrupt must be held to account, and not escape.”

Source : http://dailypost.ng/2019/01/31/2019-presidency-serap-reacts-atikus-plan-grant-amnesty-looters/

46 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: SERAP Reacts To Atiku’s Plan To Grant Amnesty To Looters by feddis(m): 1:57pm On Jan 31, 2019
Most people will just jump on condemnation instead of trying to understand the whole reasons behind such decisions.
Buhari has made so many bright minds shallow in thoughts in this country.

100 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: SERAP Reacts To Atiku’s Plan To Grant Amnesty To Looters by Born2Breed(f): 2:06pm On Jan 31, 2019
feddis:
Most people will just jump on condemnation instead of trying to understand the whole reasons behind such decisions.

grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidency: SERAP Reacts To Atiku’s Plan To Grant Amnesty To Looters by Sholaco: 2:07pm On Jan 31, 2019
grin
Re: 2019 Presidency: SERAP Reacts To Atiku’s Plan To Grant Amnesty To Looters by NOC1(m): 2:08pm On Jan 31, 2019
feddis:

there is no justifiable reason for that, if a man who stole 500 Naira because of hunger will be cooling of in prison why will a public/civil servant who stole billions out of greed be pardoned.
Is this how China, USA etc survived and sustained growth?

202 Likes 21 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: SERAP Reacts To Atiku’s Plan To Grant Amnesty To Looters by princechurchill(m): 2:08pm On Jan 31, 2019
And Buhari is granting amnesty to boko Haram members

Releasing some of their leaders back and even giving them fund.

Tell serap abi seraphim to shut up

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: SERAP Reacts To Atiku’s Plan To Grant Amnesty To Looters by kufre2010: 2:08pm On Jan 31, 2019
WHICH ONE IS THE BEST.

PDP- INVEST IN YOUR COMMUNITY AND ESCAPE JAIL.

APC-JOIN APC AND ESCAPE JAIL

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: SERAP Reacts To Atiku’s Plan To Grant Amnesty To Looters by hisexcellency34: 2:09pm On Jan 31, 2019
Better than joining APC and keeping the loot

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Presidency: SERAP Reacts To Atiku’s Plan To Grant Amnesty To Looters by cmikel: 2:09pm On Jan 31, 2019

How many people has Pres. buharis gov. convicted over corruption?

They only use corruption as political tool to drive their pursuit , at the end all corrupt people find them selves in your party and are made safe.

its all garbage in garbage out .. they still retain their loot either in your party or in never ending court cases..

Were is IDP funds and babachar's case ?

but in the other news ...Internet never forgets with below.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: SERAP Reacts To Atiku’s Plan To Grant Amnesty To Looters by ShameOnAPC: 2:09pm On Jan 31, 2019
It would have been paining me if I didn't have PVC, I can't wait to vote for AtikuObi

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: SERAP Reacts To Atiku’s Plan To Grant Amnesty To Looters by adem30: 2:09pm On Jan 31, 2019
feddis:

What more are you expecting one to understand from someone that clearly said he will give amnesty to his co looters? Is that not clear enough for you to understand?

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: SERAP Reacts To Atiku’s Plan To Grant Amnesty To Looters by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 31, 2019
Who dosent know that atiku is bad market. Imagine giving alisson maduake amnesty to bring some of the money she stole. Or gabriel suswam or dansuki or ex cjn onnoghen or bashir lawal or dino melaye chai.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: SERAP Reacts To Atiku’s Plan To Grant Amnesty To Looters by Onyekachi419(f): 2:10pm On Jan 31, 2019
shocked
Re: 2019 Presidency: SERAP Reacts To Atiku’s Plan To Grant Amnesty To Looters by MrTobi94: 2:11pm On Jan 31, 2019
This is more like giving freedom to looters to loot freely...afterwards they will be granted amnesty and nothing will be done to that

7 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidency: SERAP Reacts To Atiku’s Plan To Grant Amnesty To Looters by Sannisege: 2:12pm On Jan 31, 2019
Atiku wants to grant himself amnesty

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Presidency: SERAP Reacts To Atiku’s Plan To Grant Amnesty To Looters by netpro(m): 2:12pm On Jan 31, 2019
Atiku and his PDP cohorts want to Bring Back Corruption. They will loot anything not nailed to the ground.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: SERAP Reacts To Atiku’s Plan To Grant Amnesty To Looters by Lanre4uonly(m): 2:13pm On Jan 31, 2019
One just have to expect the unexpected when it comes to Nigeria politics.
Re: 2019 Presidency: SERAP Reacts To Atiku’s Plan To Grant Amnesty To Looters by ainas247: 2:13pm On Jan 31, 2019
smiley When I heard that yesterday, I was like this people are ready to loot Nigeria to the bottom...

Put your business on Google and get more clients check my profile to see results

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Presidency: SERAP Reacts To Atiku’s Plan To Grant Amnesty To Looters by Larryfest(m): 2:13pm On Jan 31, 2019
I believe this present government is doing the same also so what's the fuss.. Atiku made reference to Turkish government on this and how it has helped them over there, looters returns whatever they have stolen and those who are even trying to loot won't dare to in as much as they know it would be collected from them in addition also punishment will be handed out to the intending looters... Obanikoro and co are they in jail presently after returning their loots

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidency: SERAP Reacts To Atiku’s Plan To Grant Amnesty To Looters by gaskiyamagana: 2:13pm On Jan 31, 2019
feddis:
"... .. whole reason behind such decisions. "
P..... D..... P!!!!!!
LOOOOOOOOOOOTEEEERRRSSSSSS!!!!!!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Presidency: SERAP Reacts To Atiku’s Plan To Grant Amnesty To Looters by CHRISDMANAGER(m): 2:14pm On Jan 31, 2019
Naso
Re: 2019 Presidency: SERAP Reacts To Atiku’s Plan To Grant Amnesty To Looters by sunlin(m): 2:15pm On Jan 31, 2019
Just passing as I sell my data jeje. Check my signature jare
Re: 2019 Presidency: SERAP Reacts To Atiku’s Plan To Grant Amnesty To Looters by Wilstino: 2:15pm On Jan 31, 2019
What I heard and understood him say was that he will consider granting amnesty for them to return the loot and he will 'Draw A Line...'why are they not including that. He didn't say he will grant amnesty and allow looting to go on.... He cited Turkey as a reference I.e how successful such policy was for the country.

SERAP is bias. I watched their MD on Channel the other day...

4 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidency: SERAP Reacts To Atiku’s Plan To Grant Amnesty To Looters by livelymatilda22: 2:16pm On Jan 31, 2019
Wailing zombies won't like this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Presidency: SERAP Reacts To Atiku’s Plan To Grant Amnesty To Looters by mu2sa2: 2:16pm On Jan 31, 2019
Atiku himself is a shady character, according to Obasanjo. I am not surprised he is making this open confession of his intentions . Look at how he is being surrounded by people of questionable integrity. The saving grace for Nigeria is that this is Atiku's last attempt to actualize his diabolical intentions - he no go ever be resident for Aso rock.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Presidency: SERAP Reacts To Atiku’s Plan To Grant Amnesty To Looters by gretblue: 2:17pm On Jan 31, 2019
feddis:
China economy didn't attain their greatness through this process. Stop supporting mediocrity.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Presidency: SERAP Reacts To Atiku’s Plan To Grant Amnesty To Looters by galadee(m): 2:18pm On Jan 31, 2019
Dog no dey eat Dog meat nah

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Presidency: SERAP Reacts To Atiku’s Plan To Grant Amnesty To Looters by Felixv: 2:18pm On Jan 31, 2019
feddis:

When a thief talks about amnesty he is only einforcing the notion that HE is trying to escape justice.

Let’s look at the scenario - Jonathan’s wife will continue to build her magnificent hotel ( with her stolen loot) and pay the absolute minimum wage to those who are unfortunate enough to find themselves at her mercy.

Madam diazeni will miraculously recover from cancer, and then come back to claim her banana island apartments claiming she is boosting the Nigerian economy by investing in real estate ( with her stolen loot).

The list goes on and on.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Presidency: SERAP Reacts To Atiku’s Plan To Grant Amnesty To Looters by gaskiyamagana: 2:19pm On Jan 31, 2019
Is that how China, India, MALAYSIA that Atiku /Obi often made references to managed their economy and political affairs?
Praise singers of Atiku /Obi, you don see urself now. I mean Atikulators, Atikulooting, atikuloosers.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Presidency: SERAP Reacts To Atiku’s Plan To Grant Amnesty To Looters by Jamobaba(m): 2:19pm On Jan 31, 2019
netpro:
Atiku and his PDP cohorts want to Bring Back Corruption. They will loot anything not nailed to the ground.
Well I don't belive this will happen, let give Atiku a chance to change the face of this country.
We must get this country working again .

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oshiomole: I Sold Bad Product To Edo People In 2016 / 24 Boko Haram Insurgents Operating As Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Edo / Court Grants 49 Yoruba Agitators N300k Bail Each

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.