Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? (39070 Views)

Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed / Breaking: FG Asks CJN Onnoghen To Vacate Office Over Asset Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by Sunmolar(m): 10:19am On Feb 01, 2019
defenders of adversary over to you.
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by mbjsuki(m): 10:21am On Feb 01, 2019
But how can I learn if there's no one to teach me!
Imagine,this huge amount of money in the hand of an individual.
Ignorance is not an excuse before the law that's what they all say. I don't expect any reasonable thinking individual to support this man and the crime he committed.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by neyobills: 10:21am On Feb 01, 2019
omonaijiria:

TILL NOW NJC had not even been served with the said CCT initial NGO letter.

Its new letter from another new NGO from Kano that was served to NJC on Monday ahead of their Tuesday meeting

I guess they thought they were messing with some ignorant dolts,let's see how it all pans out....

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by EduC(m): 10:24am On Feb 01, 2019
anjigirl:
Forex trading? a potential CHIEF JUSTICE OF NIGERIA even when he wasnt yet appointed? Even if he was into forex trading he wont make that much.You seriously need to get your brain checked

Poor you, you are really the one whose brain needs to be checked. You sound so pathetic and irredeemable! Have you ever heard of passive streams of income? Proving the proceeds of his Forex trades can be easily verified. There is no iota of truth from Buhari et al, and coming from old men who should exhibit high level of integrity makes it more unfortunate.
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by neyobills: 10:29am On Feb 01, 2019
mbjsuki:
Ignorance is not an excuse before the law that's what they all say. I don't expect any reasonable thinking individual to support this man and the crime he committed.

How can anyone teach u when u are clearly afflicted by a disease called ignorance,last time I checked its not a crime for an individual to own a huge amount of money,I'm sure u know he has been practicing since 1979 besides have u ever heard of the word inheritance or must everyone come from a lineage of peasants like u?

3 Likes

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by EduC(m): 10:33am On Feb 01, 2019
mbjsuki:

Huge amount of money? An allegation from a government that lacks integrity and is desperate to hold onto power. Never support tyranny, you may be the next victim!
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by Francisayo(m): 10:38am On Feb 01, 2019
neyobills:

How can anyone teach u when u are clearly afflicted by a disease called ignorance,last time I checked its not a crime for an individual to own a huge amount of money,I'm sure u know he has been practicing since 1979 besides have u ever heard of the word inheritance or must everyone come from a lineage of peasants like u?

You are a shame to your family and this generation
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by frankson1(m): 10:41am On Feb 01, 2019
QuotaSystem:

From trying to pretend he's innocent to trying to play victim. Lol.

It's alright. Present your protest to the court, the date Onnoghens trial resumes is Feb. 4th.

Meanwhile you've not answered the question.

[size=14pt]Why did Onnoghen try to frustrate the case by indefinitely postponing NJC sittings when they were supposed to look into the allegations against him?

Is that the constitutional process?[/size]

Bro, I keep asking this same question but they always find a way of dodging it and sometimes, they go violent.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by neyobills: 10:44am On Feb 01, 2019
Francisayo:

You are a shame to your family and this generation

Is that your final conclusion, if yes then u are nothing but an unsalvageable misfit from a lineage of peasants.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by frankson1(m): 10:45am On Feb 01, 2019
EduC:

Huge amount of money? An allegation from a government that lacks integrity and is desperate to hold onto power. Never support tyranny, you may be the next victim!

Sir, but the CJN has not denied the "huge amount of money" found in his account.
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by WrathOfHadez(m): 10:45am On Feb 01, 2019
QuotaSystem:

I expected that if you had the mental capacity to start a thread that seeks opinions, you'd be responsible and mature enough to express yourself in a sane and civil manners, not looking for who you'll drag down to the gutter with that gutter language. Let's try this again.

Why did Onnoghen try to frustrate the case by indefinitely postponing NJC sittings when they were supposed to look into the allegations against him? Is that the constitutional process?

And what powers does Buhari have to suspend/remove the the CJN?

Let us assume the CJN was frustrating the NJC, why did Buhari still have to appoint Tanko without recourse to the NJC?

Why are you shielding the undemocratic coup plotter and law breaker?
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by neyobills: 10:50am On Feb 01, 2019
frankson1:

Sir, but the CJN has not denied the "huge amount of money" found in his account.

I don't see any reason why he should he has been practicing since 79 and has been a supreme court judge since 05 who has a verifiable source of income.
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by bigfish3k: 10:54am On Feb 01, 2019
QuotaSystem:

The real tyrant is the one who indefinitely suspended NJC sittings at the time the NJC was supposed to look into his case (abusing the constitutional process right from the start).

Using his position to rob the innocent of justice by selling judgements to the highest bidder, and then using the same position to try to stop investigation into his activities all for his selfish, wicked and greedy interests.

That is the true definition of a TYRANT.

stop saying that he cancelled the NJC meeting because of onnogens case. or is that the first time NJC meeting was cancelled. Dont FG cancel FEC meetings to accommodate the president inability to attend or his sicknesses?
NJC was not going to debate onnogens case in that meeting because there was no petition submitted to it by the FG as at when they were to hold the meeting.
stop calling a dog a bad name in order to kill it

3 Likes

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by bigfish3k: 10:57am On Feb 01, 2019
frankson1:

Bro, I keep asking this same question but they always find a way of dodging it and sometimes, they go violent.

stop saying that he cancelled the NJC meeting because of onnogens case. or is that the first time NJC meeting was cancelled. Dont FG cancel FEC meetings to accommodate the president inability to attend or his sicknesses?
NJC was not going to debate onnogens case in that meeting because there was no petition submitted to it by the FG as at when they were to hold the meeting.
stop calling a dog a bad name in order to kill it

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by smalls001: 11:03am On Feb 01, 2019
So many hypocrites here. When the then British PM said Nigeria was fantastically corrupt, many of you were banging your heads here. Did you think he did not know what he was saying....May God help us in this country......
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by Kay17: 11:03am On Feb 01, 2019
CityNGR:

Can you please read this to clear your doubts:
Section 3 of the Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal Act, Chapter C15, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004 provides as follows;

The functions of the Bureau shall be to – receive assets declarations by public officers in accordance with the provisions of this Act; examine the assets declarations and ensure that they comply with the requirements of this Act and of any laws for the time being in force; take and retain custody of such asset declarations; and Receive complaints about non-compliance with or breach of this Act and where the Bureau considers it necessary to do so, refer such complaints to the Code of Conduct Tribunal established by Section 20 of this Act in accordance with the provisions of sections 20 to 25 of this Act;

Provided that where the person concerned makes a written admission of such breach or non-compliance, no reference to the Tribunal shall be necessary.

That proviso appears to leave prosecution or reference to the CCT to the discretion of CCB. It is not a defence, it gives CCB the freedom of choice to prosecute or not to.
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by DerrickzB: 11:07am On Feb 01, 2019
helinues:
No be only innocent, na Idibia

Did u know this about Tanko mohamed?? The acting CJN.. hypocrisy is a disease ooo

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by olajide8(m): 11:09am On Feb 01, 2019
omonaijiria:

And where was it stated that he did not fill the form when his attention was pointed to it.

I know you are not a public or civil servant from all you have said- please grab a copy of the public service rules, no amount of knowledge is lost - you would see it expressly mentioned, and before anybody is promoted in the civil/public service they do exams to test their knowledge of the rules and principles in the public service- if you pass then you get promoted (set aside availability and federal character, not for this discussion) to the next level - so that is also not an excuse which holds water in my opinion

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by Foolishbuhari: 11:11am On Feb 01, 2019
CityNGR:
CONCOCTED ALLEGATIONS AND WISHFUL THINKING OF A DRUGGED MIND

Bro please don't waste your data and wisdom on foolish zomnified minds. It's like throwing pearls to swine. They lack objective thinking and what ever buhari says is true and stands as thus.

When I witnessed the hypocrisy and moronic side of them was tinubu vs Ambode. The latter who was a pride jewel whom many of them praised to the high heavens even here on this very platform suddenly became a demon and unfit and corrupt because the brown toothed ugly beast of bourdillon said so. They would never appreciate whatever anyone else says because buhari didn't say so. They are incapable of self discovery because they've sold themselves to foolishness and have promised to die so.

I watched them try to justify buhari's unconstitutional act by saying morals. So morals now supercedes our constitution? By the way, how does a man with morals order the presidential guard unit directly under his watch in Aso rock to kill and maim UNARMED citizens who are merely on a procession to register their grievances to government. I watched the france protests some weeks back and all I could say was "this is definitely not Nigeria"

Modified: They said they have traced billions to the said man but we only heard it on media. They said he has 55 houses, we heard it only on media. If these things are true how difficult would it be for us to see bank statements and details? This government is very good at demonizing people through the media. They are the kings of media trials ;Saraki comes to mind. They just give a dog a bad name to hang the dog but with this they over chewed

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by Edojoma(m): 11:13am On Feb 01, 2019
neyobills:

Are u just trying to be mischievous or u are really this slow,it is written in black in white in the constitution that judicial officers can only be sanctioned, suspended, removed or whatever by the NJC and not any court of law or tribunal,and there is also no fraud whatsoever its only an omission and it has been rightly updated and there is no penalty for omission in the first place,as at when the meeting was postponed there was no petition relating to Onnoghen before the NJC,what part of this is hard for u to understand?

My brother,, don't b too rigid on a zombie, u already no Wat dey sacrificed(brain) to b able to defend dia lifeless boss,, he didn't no dat Wen oda acts clashes, like d CCB,, d CCT,,, n d constitution,,,,, he doesn't know dat d constitution supersedes all,,,

Constitution first,, b4 any oda tin,,,,, pity a zombie,,, life is already hard as a zombie,, stop making it harder,,,,,

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by professorchuks(m): 11:19am On Feb 01, 2019
helinues:
No be only innocent, na Idibia

If you have sense u will note the place he mentioned he was a private lawyer even before you were born. Is he not supposed to make more than that amount? Infact he made a mistake for not saving up to 3billa. Is poverty that is making you think it's not possible. Did you also note were he said he kept money for his investments? Infact I respect the guy joor. No level for buhari and him government of change

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:19am On Feb 01, 2019
Caseless:

This man no get shame. Foreign currencies gotten from where?

just read !!! That's the problem of the blackman!!! You simply cant read
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by omonaijiria: 11:21am On Feb 01, 2019
frankson1:

And when does it becomes a crime to hold huge money in account.

GBOGBO Eniyan ni APC to wipe won je Apa ni.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by iykejackchree: 11:25am On Feb 01, 2019
hustler2828:
I sorry for una well well Onoghen, Buhari, and all other rogues called politicians are busy enjoying their lives with their families. And you are all here quoting stupid laws, and arguing nonsense with your cheap phones and 2mb subscriptions.
Do these people give a bleep about your esxistence? Nigeria politicians are not worth arguing for. They are all thieves. Non is without sin down from the highest office in the country to the lowest, they are criminals.
God bless you my dear, two bottle of Heineken for u.
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by Jolite(m): 11:35am On Feb 01, 2019
CityNGR:

GUILTY FOR?

I bet you, up to 90% of those accusing CJN online and on TV sets have not read the details of this response, neither have they read section 3 of the CCB Act.
The only thing they borrowed from FG is that the man said he forgot to declare his asset, when? They don’t know. They believe he never declared it, and that he operates foreign account, while the man has only domicilary account, not a foreign bank account.
They even believe that the man has 100 million dollars in his account...
I tell you these people have been so brainwashed and programmed to shout corruption, whenever you are not aligned with Buhari; on the other hand they ask for proof, if Buhari’s allies are accused; when you bring the proof, they tell you it is doctored
there is nothing to forget it's a law scam,let him explain it to his children if they will believe him.
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:35am On Feb 01, 2019
Jolite:
there is nothing to forget it's a law scam,let him explain it to his children if they will believe him.

Thank God its not for you to decide.Law is law and there are no sentiments in law
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:37am On Feb 01, 2019
Kay17:

That proviso appears to leave prosecution or reference to the CCT to the discretion of CCB. It is not a defence, it gives CCB the freedom of choice to prosecute or not to.

This is a lie from the very pit of hell

Provided that where the person concerned makes a written admission of such breach or non-compliance, no reference to the Tribunal shall be necessary.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by omonaijiria: 11:38am On Feb 01, 2019
olajide8:

I know you are not a public or civil servant from all you have said- please grab a copy of the public service rules, no amount of knowledge is lost - you would see it expressly mentioned, and before anybody is promoted in the civil/public service they do exams to test their knowledge of the rules and principles in the public service- if you pass then you get promoted (set aside availability and federal character, not for this discussion) to the next level - so that is also not an excuse which holds water in my opinion

Stop living in fool paradise.

See him shouting am not sure of what.

As if you're the one am working for.

Grab your constitution and read.

And learn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Little Girl Threatens To Beat Buhari In Warri / Dino Melaye Beats Smart Adeyemi In Mopamuro LGA, Kogi / APC Tweet About Linda Ikpeazu 'Pretty Female' That Set Twitter On Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.