Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? (39072 Views)

Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed / Breaking: FG Asks CJN Onnoghen To Vacate Office Over Asset Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by omonaijiria: 11:40am On Feb 01, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

This is a lie from the very pit of hell

You dey mind the zombies

They've been fed with propaganda and are now o8ving in fools paradise
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by olajide8(m): 11:49am On Feb 01, 2019
omonaijiria:

Stop living in fool paradise.

See him shouting am not sure of what.

As if you're the one am working for.

Grab your constitution and read.

And learn

Even your constitution says the same thing- the court of appeal has effected same - Monday the case resumes so what exactly are you trying to justify- you know more then the constitution you are brandishing, or you know more then the justices of the appeal court- or what exactly is the basis for your argument? Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:51am On Feb 01, 2019
olajide8:

Even your constitution says the same thing- the court of appeal has effected same - Monday the case resumes so what exactly are you trying to justify- you know more then the constitution you are brandishing, or you know more then the justices of the appeal court- or what exactly is the basis for your argument? Rubbish

is the court of appeal the highest court in Nigeria?
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by Edojoma(m): 11:58am On Feb 01, 2019
Caseless:

This man no get shame. Foreign currencies gotten from where?

We make our money via different ways,, becos u r ignorant of one way doesn't mean it's wrong,, lemme ans ur question,,,aboki's ar dere,, banks as well,, I was like u until 2015 Wen buhari messed d economy up,, den a friend of mine suspected tinx will go dat way,, xo he bought a lot of dollars with his Naira,,, immediately dollar went up to 380 per Naira,, big boy,,, d tin pain ME I swear,, there is always a rise n fall in all currencies daily,,, dats y u av forex market,, binary option,,

Guy,,,, if he has a good manager running his forex for him,, I swear,,, with d capital of $10,000,,,he will become a billionaire in less dan 5 yrs,,, cos I no a guy dat bank managers strike deal with to trade for dem using bank moni,, d guy is exceptionally good,, he can triple any amount in a month,, xo don't criticize Wat u don't understand
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by olajide8(m): 11:58am On Feb 01, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

The same supreme court ruled in the same matter - and it was a ruling by the same onnoghen - which is a precedent in law as we speak- so?
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by omonaijiria: 12:00pm On Feb 01, 2019
olajide8:

Am sure you're aware that NJC had already taken over the issue.

So watch what will happen on Monday.

3days away.

Till then
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by omonaijiria: 12:01pm On Feb 01, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

I wonder.

Not minding that NJC had already wade in serving Onnoghen with the complain.

Which render CCT further case hold at the moment
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by omonaijiria: 12:03pm On Feb 01, 2019
olajide8:

The same supreme court ruled in the same matter - and it was a ruling by the same onnoghen - which is a precedent in law as we speak- so?

And what What the ruling.

If I may ask.

Don't tell me it's about Saraki case.

Then if that's what you're reffering to.

You're 100% out of point
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by Jolite(m): 12:07pm On Feb 01, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

Thank God its not for you to decide.Law is law and there are no sentiments in law
Who told you there is no sentiments in nigeria law? do you think he Onnoghen as a judge will not rule against any victim of his kind in the court?

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by olajide8(m): 12:09pm On Feb 01, 2019
omonaijiria:

3days away.

Till then

Don't mix things up- the NJC did not take anything over- the NJC is not a court, they are only a regulatory body which regulates the affairs of justices in the dispensation of judicial activities - they have served those involved with queries and are awaiting the responses for further deliberation, on the next line of action - simple, their powers stop at recommendations to effect - that's all

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:11pm On Feb 01, 2019
Jolite:
Who told you there is no sentiments in nigeria law? do you think he Onnoghen as a judge will not rule against any victim of his kind in the court?

what do you mind by victims of his kind? Kindly explain
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by nwabobo: 12:12pm On Feb 01, 2019
QuotaSystem:

I know what the CCB act says (stop sounding like a scratched CD).

You have still not answered the question. Aren't you a defender of the constitution anymore?

Why did Onnoghen try to frustrate the case by indefinitely postponing NJC sittings when they were supposed to look into the allegations against him? Is that the constitutional process?

If he was truly innocent, he would have allowed the case run its course and establish his innocence, instead of trying to his position to frustrate it.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/01/25/exclusive-how-onnoghen-postponed-njc-meeting-indefinitely-fear-being-suspended

Your thread seeking his innocence lacks substance without answering the above question.

Was the alleged postponement of the NJC meeting a breach of the constitution?

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:13pm On Feb 01, 2019
olajide8:

Don't mix things up- the NJC did not take anything over- the NJC is not a court, they are only a regulatory body which regulates the affairs of justices in the dispensation of judicial activities - they have served those involved with queries and are awaiting the responses for further deliberation, on the next line of action - simple, their powers stop at recommendations to effect - that's all

lol very funny.You think Tanko will remain a judge if the NJC sacks him? You people joke too much.All th same I know where you are going.Thats why the senate approached the supreme court.The supreme court will do the needful after the NJC delivers its verdict
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by olajide8(m): 12:15pm On Feb 01, 2019
omonaijiria:

And what What the ruling.

If I may ask.

Don't tell me it's about Saraki case.

Then if that's what you're reffering to.

You're 100% out of point

Without me quoting it verbatim or as he delivered it- he said, if any public officer is charged to the ccb it has coordinate jurisdiction with a high court and only the court of appeal can sit in the matter and determine if the public officer has a case to answer or not if he does have a case to answer it should be established and then forwarded to the cct - for further adjudication - before an appeal for or against the ruling can be forwarded to the court of appeal, or to the supreme court if it's a case of the state against a defendant

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by olajide8(m): 12:20pm On Feb 01, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

lol very funny.You think Tanko will remain a judge if the NJC sacks him? You people joke too much.All th same I know where you are going.Thats why the senate approached the supreme court.The supreme court will do the needful after the NJC delivers its verdict

The NJC cannot sack him - only the judicial service commission they can only recommend to the president and if the president does not align with the reasons given after - it's his discretion.

2ndly the senate did not approach the supreme court, the senate president approached the supreme court, and the response he wants is subjudice, if any response is given to him for now, so if you want to know my own personal opinion - the senate president wants to play, we are doing something but in actual terms/fact they just kicked the problem down the road- because they can't do anything about it-

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:27pm On Feb 01, 2019
olajide8:

The NJC cannot sack him - only the judicial service commission they can only recommend to the president and if the president does not align with the reasons given after - it's his discretion.

2ndly the senate did not approach the supreme court, the senate president approached the supreme court, and the response he wants is subjudice, if any response is given to him for now, so if you want to know my own personal opinion - the senate president wants to play, we are doing something but in actual terms/fact they just kicked the problem down the road- because they can't do anything about it-

lol Justice Tanko will no longer be regarded as ajudge of the supreme court if the NJC indicts him.Even if the President does not implement the sacking he will no longer be assigned cases nor will he be eligible to adjudicate over any trial.The only difference will be that he will still be receiving salaries as a SC Judge.

On the othErhand if the supreme court responds that the president's action was unconstitutional and null and void Justice Onnogen will automatically return as CJN.The supreme court does not make recommendations to the president.They make ORDERS.

The senate leadership approached the supreme court not the senate president.A majority of the senate principal officers voted to take the issue to the supreme court for intepretation
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by bigfish3k: 12:38pm On Feb 01, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

lol Justice Tanko will no longer be regarded as ajudge of the supreme court if the NJC indicts him.Even if the President does not implement the sacking he will no longer be assigned cases nor will he be eligible to adjudicate over any trial.The only difference will be that he will still be receiving salaries as a SC Judge.

On the othErhand if the supreme court responds that the president's action was unconstitutional and null and void Justice Onnogen will automatically return as CJN.The supreme court does not make recommendations to the president.They make ORDERS.

The senate leadership approached the supreme court not the senate president.A majority of the senate principal officers voted to take the issue to the supreme court for intepretation

zombies tire me , i swear. always arguing and reasoning in a zig-zag manner
i just believe that they all know the truth just like amaechi in the leaked audio but choose to play the devils advocate
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by olajide8(m): 12:46pm On Feb 01, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

You see you vocal minorities have forgotten that there is a silent majority, the constitution that you referred to, spells out everybody function - the judicial service commission, like the police service commission, federal civil service commission is the only statutory body that has the power to sack and not the NJC - the NJC is a self regulatory body, and they can only make recommendations - now to the issue you raised - what offense has tanko committed, he accepted to be sworn in by the president in acting capacity* and how would that query be answered simple - by the ruling of the justice oputa - where he said a judge should not be found wanting because we are God representative on earth - (that's why he is one of the most revered justices of the supreme court, he was a philosopher) and where the chief justice in this case following all antecedents has been found wanting, by a self confession then the ideal thing for him to do is to step aside - and there cannot be a vacuum in the judiciary* further more justice at the supreme court is more about moral standing and not precedents, because the supreme court churns out the precedents used by the lower courts- and if a case falls within any of the precedents, they have churned out previous- that is what the judge at that lower level uses to judge the case, it's that simple

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by Afonjas: 1:01pm On Feb 01, 2019
Firefire:
Smoke screen.
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by omonaijiria: 1:25pm On Feb 01, 2019
olajide8:

Without me quoting it verbatim or as he delivered it- he said, if any public officer is charged to the ccb it has coordinate jurisdiction with a high court and only the court of appeal can sit in the matter and determine if the public officer has a case to answer or not if he does have a case to answer it should be established and then forwarded to the cct - for further adjudication - before an appeal for or against the ruling can be forwarded to the court of appeal, or to the supreme court if it's a case of the state against a defendant

You still don't answer the questions naaa.

Sooooo and soooo vs spook sssooop and so
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by omonaijiria: 1:27pm On Feb 01, 2019
olajide8:

Haaaaaaa

Senate President not the Senate indeed.

I hope you read the letter I think
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by Jolite(m): 1:33pm On Feb 01, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

what do you mind by victims of his kind? Kindly explain
he is a victim of the the law already by saying he forgot to declare his account,when he himself knows ignorance is not an excuse in the law.So if i were him i would have resign even before making such comment.
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:34pm On Feb 01, 2019
Jolite:
he is a victim of the the law already by saying he forgot to declare his account,when he himself knows ignorance is not an excuse in the law.So if i were him i would have resign even before making such comment.

you are the one ignorant of the law.He did not break any law of the country by forgetting to declare his assets in 2009
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:36pm On Feb 01, 2019
olajide8:

You see you vocal minorities have forgotten that there is a silent majority, the constitution that you referred to, spells out everybody function - the judicial service commission, like the police service commission, federal civil service commission is the only statutory body that has the power to sack and not the NJC - the NJC is a self regulatory body, and they can only make recommendations - now to the issue you raised - what offense has tanko committed, he accepted to be sworn in by the president in acting capacity* and how would that query be answered simple - by the ruling of the justice oputa - where he said a judge should not be found wanting because we are God representative on earth - (that's why he is one of the most revered justices of the supreme court, he was a philosopher) and where the chief justice in this case following all antecedents has been found wanting, by a self confession then the ideal thing for him to do is to step aside - and there cannot be a vacuum in the judiciary* further more justice at the supreme court is more about moral standing and not precedents, because the supreme court churns out the precedents used by the lower courts- and if a case falls within any of the precedents, they have churned out previous- that is what the judge at that lower level uses to judge the case, it's that simple

The NJC is the only body that disciplines judges in Nigeria and not the Federal judicial service commission.The FJSC has absolutely nothing to do with the disciplining of judges.

Justice Onnogen's suspension by Buhari is null and void and will be rightly declared so by the supreme court.Thus there was never any vacancy.In that same vain Tanko's purported swearing in as the Ag CJN will also be nullified.

BTW the supreme does not churn out precedents from the lower courts.That statement of yours is a legal aberration
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by 27Pushing30: 1:40pm On Feb 01, 2019
You cannot claim to be educated and not see through the lies In his statement.

Worse still the “I DID NOT KNOW” is too much how can a judge NOT KNOW and don’t they have secretaries, p.a’s et al who also handle this kinda thing.

Before you support this man especially the average Nigerian ask yourself “IF I EVER STAND BEFORE A JUDGE WILL I DID NOT KNOW OR I FORGOT” save me

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by Jolite(m): 1:41pm On Feb 01, 2019
omonaijiria:

3days away.

Till then
Nothing will happen so long as PMB still presides,Onnoghen bye bye.
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by Jolite(m): 1:48pm On Feb 01, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

you are the one ignorant of the law.He did not break any law of the country by forgetting to declare his assets in 2009
Buhari has said it long ago & i quote:the interest of the country is considered first above the rule of law. Onnoghen is a bye gone.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by TB27: 1:54pm On Feb 01, 2019
27Pushing30:
You cannot claim to be educated and not see through the lies In his statement.

Worse still the “I DID NOT KNOW” is too much how can a judge NOT KNOW and don’t they have secretaries, p.a’s et al who also handle this kinda thing.

Before you support this man especially the average Nigerian ask yourself “IF I EVER STAND BEFORE A JUDGE WILL I DID NOT KNOW OR I FORGOT” save me

Don’t twist the facts please, he said he didn’t believe the account was opened after the period he had declared noticing this error he on his own filled out a form covering the omitted period, nothing they are brandishing wasn’t already known as he had owned up since 2016. Please what’s the crime here!
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by Jolite(m): 1:55pm On Feb 01, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

is it not still tanko who is incharge of the supreme court now?

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:55pm On Feb 01, 2019
Jolite:
Buhari has said it long ago & i quote:the interest of the country is considered first above the rule of law. Onnoghen is a bye gone.

Just wait until the NJC and the Supreme court rules then who will know for sure who is above the rule of law.Una never see anything yet.Just wait,we will soon get there
Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:57pm On Feb 01, 2019
Jolite:

is it not still tanko who is incharge of the supreme court now?

LOL TANKO IS IN CHARGE OF WHAT COURT? grin grin grin AN INTERIM NJC CHAIRMAN WAS ELECTED THIS WEEK.WAS THAT TANKO? INJUSTICE TANKO MOHAMMED HAS ONLY NEXT WEEK LEFT ON HIS CAREER AS A SUPREME COURT JUDGE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election / Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators / Adebanjo: Tinubu Had Always Won In Lagos Through Thuggery, Bribery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.