Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,166 members, 7,957,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:19 AM

I Want A Divorce; How Right Or Wrong? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Want A Divorce; How Right Or Wrong? (314 Views)

Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? / House On The Rock Communion Day Outfits: Right Or Wrong? (Pics) / Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want A Divorce; How Right Or Wrong? by amyblessed(f): 12:50pm On Feb 01, 2019
The rate of divorce in the world today is becoming so alarming, even among Christians.

Why do some Christians still see divorce and remarrying as the right action to take when a marriage is not working, when the Bible is very clear on that? Luke 16:18 says "Whoever divorces his wife, and marries another, commits adultery: and whoever marries her that is divorced from her husband commits adultery", Mark 10:11-12 says, So he said to them, "Whoever divorces his wife, and marries another, commits adultery against her". "And if a woman divorces her husband, and marries another, she commits adultery".

So how come that even Pastors that preach the gospel divorce their spouses and marry another? Is it that those portions of the bible are not really part of the bible? Why do some Christians only claim the blessings and the favourable parts of the bible and disregard the ones that do not favour them? If you believe that any part of the bible is true, then you must believe that the bible as a whole is true, if not, that means that even the favourable ones you claim are equally not true.

But the word of God is true and He cannot change His word because of anyone.

As a Christian, if you must divorce your spouse, then remain unmarried, otherwise, you are committing adultery. It's the bible that said it, not me. That's why one needs to be careful before jumping into marriage.
Re: I Want A Divorce; How Right Or Wrong? by CreepyBlackpool: 1:09pm On Feb 01, 2019
Yes I 100% support you!

If your husband is abusive, even if he has become a threat to your life, even if he has unsuccessfully tried to kill you, you must remain with him!

Even if you do divorce him you have no right, I mean no right to seek happiness by remarrying.

And you must do this because a story book says that an invisible non existent God instructed so!smiley
Re: I Want A Divorce; How Right Or Wrong? by amyblessed(f): 2:32pm On Feb 01, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:
Yes I 100% support you!

If your husband is abusive, even if he has become a threat to your life, even if he has unsuccessfully tried to kill you, you must remain with him!

Even if you do divorce him you have no right, I mean no right to seek happiness by remarrying.

And you must do this because a story book says that an invisible non existent God instructed so!smiley

Sorry, I'm actually addressing Christians, those who believe in the word of God. Not you or people who don't believe in the existence of God nor in His word.

1 Like

Re: I Want A Divorce; How Right Or Wrong? by QnVee: 8:10pm On Feb 01, 2019
Matthew 5:31-32 (KJV)
31 It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:

32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Too many Christians are using this as a cover for selfishness while pretending to be righteous. The first verse of this scripture does not say Jesus said. It says, IT HAS BEEN SAID(man). The Scriptures clearly states that He said if you divorce your wife you are responsible for making her an adulteress, unless she was already sexually promiscuous in the marriage. And if you marry such a divorced adulteress then you are automatically an adulterer yourself.
You can't use a legal documents to cover up a moral failure and disobeying His word.

(1) (Reply)

I Curse Every Spirit Of Disfavour In Jesus Mighty Name. / Oyo Police Parade Redeemed Pastor For Stealing Girlfriend’s Car / A Wholehearted Appeal To Pastors To Stop CALL One ATHEIST Fools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.