Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,548 members, 7,816,334 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm - Agriculture (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm (193858 Views)

My Pepper Planting Challenge / Fresh Pepper Farm / My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 3:41pm On Apr 26, 2020
veggieman2be:

Thank you Sir. But I can't see any hose running through or will it be introduced later
Thanks
the hose is not fixed,it is moved all around the farm from row to row,that is one drawback of hose irrigation it needs labour,time and skill , standing and dragging hose around an acre farm for 4-5 hours is not a laughing matter.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by freshrose: 5:21pm On Apr 26, 2020
Good day,
Please, I want to purchase as a matter of urgency cucumber seed this week. Where and how can I get it at this period of lock down. I need to occupy myself this week.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by waxingmoon: 8:13pm On Apr 26, 2020
Pls where can I get Hot pepper seed in Kwara state?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 8:34pm On Apr 26, 2020
waxingmoon:

Pls where can I get Hot pepper seed in Kwara state?
what quantities? it can be waybilled to you in kwara once the lockdown lifts but what we have is improved high yielding Cameron pepper variety.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by waxingmoon: 5:02am On Apr 27, 2020
okoroemeka:
what quantities? it can be waybilled to you in kwara once the lockdown lifts but what we have is improved high yielding Cameron pepper variety.
Thanks Boss!
The Lockdown is really affecting. Kwara State Government allows movement from 8 am to 12 pm on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by codeQue: 5:20pm On Apr 27, 2020
Please how do you store your peppers if you do not wish to sell to market immediately?

Keeping them in a well ventilated cool dry place, they lasted 7 days before showing signs of decay.

Are there tips on how they can be stored for a longer period?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FarmTech(m): 8:26am On Apr 28, 2020
numen:
Hi,

Is there a reason to transplant to grow bags first instead of directly to soil?

Transplanting to grow bags give them the opportunity to grow bigger and stronger. But it is not a must. Once they reach 4-9 weeks u can't transplant to farm, but do so in the evening and water them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FarmTech(m): 8:28am On Apr 28, 2020
bassey25:

Thanks for your advice... The issue is I have already planted on nursery bed and they are four weeks old now.. So I have been thinking if should transfer them to cans as medium for single grow since nursery bags isn't readily available here in my area and I have am t of cans. Is it still good if I transfer them to the cans ?
U can use pure water satchet or all those small nylon use by market women.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FarmTech(m): 8:29am On Apr 28, 2020
codeQue:
Please how do you store your peppers if you do not wish to sell to market immediately?

Keeping them in a well ventilated cool dry place, they lasted 7 days before showing signs of decay.

Better to sell as soon as possible.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by codeQue: 11:31am On Apr 28, 2020
FarmTech:

Better to sell as soon as possible.

Okay thanks. That does leaves the farmers at the mercy of the off takers.

I've watched several documentaries on storage methods used by the indians, where they build cold rooms using charcoal. It increases the shelf life by another week.

I'll give it a trial, even if it isn't this season.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ahmedio2017(m): 8:39pm On Apr 28, 2020
FarmTech:

Transplanting to grow bags give them the opportunity to grow bigger and stronger. But it is not a must. Once they reach 4-9 weeks u can't transplant to farm, but do so in the evening and water them.

Can I transplant it to nylon n leave it to grow n harvest it there
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FarmTech(m): 10:14pm On Apr 28, 2020
codeQue:

Okay thanks. That does leaves the farmers at the mercy of the off takers.

I've watched several documentaries on storage methods used by the indians, where they build cold rooms using charcoal. It increases the shelf life by another week.

I'll give it a trial, even if it isn't this season.
I've read about that too. Very interesting and I have it in mind to build one. But for now, I sell as soon as possible. But it seems like the charcoal cooler will work well only during the dry season when humidity is low. I'm not sure but if that is the case, it may not solve your problem as perishables normally go up in price during dry season.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FarmTech(m): 10:15pm On Apr 28, 2020
ahmedio2017:

Can I transplant it to nylon n leave it to grow n harvest it there
. No oo. The roots will find the space very small.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 5:49am On Apr 29, 2020
codeQue:

I don't see the reason why any farmer will wish to store his pepper harvest if he is not planning to dry it and add more value to it,I don't see the reason why, because pepper is a commodity that is consumed by also everyone in Nigeria at least once daily and the demand is always strong or less the farmer could not think out of the box to get other buyers from other places he will be tied to the monopolistic agenda of the marketers close to him,I went on market survey yesterday and I remove my hat to anyone that struggled to farm peppers this year because the payoff is surely coming,one flour bag is ₦17,000 while a vital feed bag or blue garri/rice bag is ₦12,000 in barracks market onitsha,I was just laughing when some analysts said that farm produce will fall in price during this health crisis,it is obvious they have not learnt about the simple economics of supply and demand,the supply is now seriously affected by the lockdown and the demand is just at 30-40% due to restrictions, when the demand will increase by 80% from 4th may when all the 63 markets and all businesses will start in anambra,your guess is as good as mine because prices will have no were else to go but up

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ahmedio2017(m): 7:54am On Apr 29, 2020
FarmTech:

No oo. The roots will find the space very small.

Thank you sir, but what about bag I.e
Cement bag
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 12:27pm On Apr 29, 2020
Please what could be wrong with this pepper plant

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 12:37pm On Apr 29, 2020
More

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FarmTech(m): 10:02pm On Apr 29, 2020
ahmedio2017:

Thank you sir, but what about bag I.e
Cement bag
U can use cement bags. But why go thru the stress? Irrigating it esp in dry season is not easy. Search NL for sack farming to see samples.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FarmTech(m): 10:15pm On Apr 29, 2020
okoroemeka:
I don't see the reason why any farmer will wish to store his pepper harvest if he is not planning to dry it and add more value to it,I don't see the reason why, because pepper is a commodity that is consumed by also everyone in Nigeria at least once daily and the demand is always strong or less the farmer could not think out of the box to get other buyers from other places he will be tied to the monopolistic agenda of the marketers close to him,I went on market survey yesterday and I remove my hat to anyone that struggled to farm peppers this year because the payoff is surely coming,one flour bag is ₦17,000 while a vital feed bag or blue garri/rice bag is ₦12,000 in barracks market onitsha,I was just laughing when some analysts said that farm produce will fall in price during this health crisis,it is obvious they have not learnt about the simple economics of supply and demand,the supply is now seriously affected by the lockdown and the demand is just at 30-40% due to restrictions, when the demand will increase by 80% from 4th may when all the 63 markets and all businesses will start in anambra,your guess is as good as mine because prices will have no were else to go but up
Hmm. I'll check the market and see.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FarmTech(m): 10:17pm On Apr 29, 2020
Olaleyeabdullah:
Probably a fungal disease. Spray fungicide asap - a mixture of a contact fungicide (eg mancozeb) and a systemic fungicide ( metalaxyl, carbendazim).
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Choiceagric(m): 11:46pm On Apr 29, 2020
Hummm,I can't believe I read all the post from beginning to the end,at all contributors,you are doing well,keep it up
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by bassey25(m): 12:56am On Apr 30, 2020
Please I intend intercropping my pepper with other crops please which crop is adviceable. I was thinking of cocumber, or egusi melon. Any other suggestion please!
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FarmTech(m): 9:15pm On Apr 30, 2020
bassey25:
Please I intend intercropping my pepper with other crops please which crop is adviceable. I was thinking of cocumber, or egusi melon. Any other suggestion please!
okra, corn, tomato etc
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by numen(m): 9:58pm On May 01, 2020
Did you uproot it before taking the picture or you took the pic as it was in your farm? If the latter, it looks like the roots are exposed.

Olaleyeabdullah:
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by austinomd(m): 10:24pm On May 01, 2020
FarmTech:

I haven't grew that intercrop b4. Prune out those diseased leaves. Can u post a picture?

Thanks for your response, I've cut off some affected leaves earlier on, fresh ones came out looking very green and fresh but later turned out the same way after a few weeks

Pictures attached

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 6:16am On May 02, 2020
austinomd:

Thanks for your response, I've cut off some affected leaves earlier on, fresh ones came out looking very green and fresh but later turned out the same way after a few weeks

Pictures attached
use one plastic takeaway spoon of urea fertilizer per crop,you will see immediate change

2 Likes

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 3:41pm On May 02, 2020
FarmTech:

okra, corn, tomato etc
any precaution to take when planting with corn
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Supernatural19: 4:18pm On May 02, 2020
Pls text your phone number to me
+2347068293478
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FarmTech(m): 10:49pm On May 02, 2020
Olaleyeabdullah:
any precaution to take when planting with corn
Check https://luv2garden.com/peppers_companions.html
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FarmTech(m): 10:56pm On May 02, 2020
austinomd:

Pictures attached
Seems like the ugu lack manure. Good fertilization can help wade off diseases to a great extend. Fertilize with manure and prune out diseased leaf. Staking will also help a great deal.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by icure: 8:45am On May 04, 2020
House please I need nursed avenir pepper, I planted those I nursed early last month but I had an accident so while I was on trauma my labourer use herbicides on the farm and damage my plant. So I need I need ready to plant nursery to help my self 08066658438 ondo town
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by veggieman2be(m): 2:09pm On May 04, 2020
I visitedd my farm and saw some pepper been cut off. What can be done to wade off insects or pest that will just cut off one's pepper on its stand

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (61) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farming: My Story / Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.