Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,258 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm - Agriculture (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm (195330 Views)

Today I Went To Work On My Pepper Farm (video/pictures) / My Pepper Planting Challenge / Fresh Pepper Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Dubem50: 9:39am On May 12, 2020
You all can attest to the fact that Pepper nursery is a nightmare, we will start today by taking a close look at my past mistakes, and then, we talk about my current nursery ( about two weeks on Friday) then I give my own little tip on getting nursery bed right with pictures and demo
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Dubem50: 9:42am On May 12, 2020
So today, pictures will start doing more talking than long essays and theories

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by nzedon2(m): 6:38am On May 14, 2020
Please where can a get good pepper seeds for planting in IMO state?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by veggieman2be(m): 6:42am On May 16, 2020
please my guys. There seems to be issues with my trend I can't view it or reply to messages but I can my two topics and I can login, I have even changed my password. I always receive error message saying "Sorry something went wrong. Please try religion or refresh" Any solution
Thanks
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by veggieman2be(m): 10:47pm On May 17, 2020
Dubem50:
You all can attest to the fact that Pepper nursery is a nightmare, we will start today by taking a close look at my past mistakes, and then, we talk about my current nursery ( about two weeks on Friday) then I give my own little tip on getting nursery bed right with pictures and demo

I can't wait bro
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Welwilstchia(m): 9:40pm On May 20, 2020
I started cultivating my land for pepper farming, I hope it's not too late? I Will post pics soon to give update.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by veggieman2be(m): 9:34pm On May 21, 2020
Good Evening Fellow Farmers.
I Have good news for you all
For those that need pepper seedling ( Benin Republic variety) for start-up or those behind schedule because preparing pepper bed now will enter dry season except you want dry season farming.
The good part is that 80% will start bearing fruit within a month isn't that wonderful.
Chat me up on wasapp for more details on pricing and packaging.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by veggieman2be(m): 10:06pm On May 21, 2020
Quick one I forgot to add is just limited quantity about 300 seedlings is going to be 1st come 1st serve. Majority are pruned already so you will Have well studed plant and more Y meaning more yield.
See pix of the one I have transplanted fruiting already

1 Share

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 5:14am On May 22, 2020
nzedon2:
Please where can a get good pepper seeds for planting in IMO state?
don't despair, whatsapp 08119942049,meglee farms,IMO state for your seeds and seedlings.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Dubem50: 9:30pm On May 22, 2020
This is the size of the Pepper fruit we are going to be nursing, I got them from a friend and then I extracted the seeds myself.
It has a consistent result as the farmer has been planting and recycling this particular verity for some years now with out stories that touch the heart

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Dubem50: 9:34pm On May 22, 2020
Just like I promised, I am going to give my little best, I will share some common tips that are not common.
So to start with, I will be teaching simple seed extraction and storage process.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Dubem50: 9:43pm On May 22, 2020
I saw an old woman ( very old, she even relies on walking stick to aid her movement) complaining bitterly while trying to remove some sprouting grasses in her ugu farm that her ugu plants have been dealt with by the heavy sun and late arrival of rain this year.
As at then, she has. Lost close to 45% of her plants
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Dubem50: 9:45pm On May 22, 2020
I felt for her as it was her grandson that was primarily in charge of my own little watermelon pilot plot
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Dubem50: 9:48pm On May 22, 2020
I went closer to for a careful observation on what happened.
As soon as I was approximately half a pole, the answer to her problem jumped out and stared me right in the eye
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Dubem50: 9:58pm On May 22, 2020
"Ahhh, mama y u do ridge nah, y u go do ridge for late planting of ugu nah, u for plant am for groud." I said
Mama has contracted the house guys arround to make ridges for her during November period then planted first week of December hoping portharcourt rain will smile on her during December.
I bet the old woman never heard of the word " climate change"
It only rained once or twice and that was all for the month.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Dubem50: 10:02pm On May 22, 2020
The ridges did drain water with the speed of jet and d sun had no pity for the juvenile ugu plants and so, death was inevitable
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Dubem50: 10:06pm On May 22, 2020
I then advised her to always plant on the ground with zero ridge during late planting and to make use of ridges during rainy season since she had no irrigation system in place
The poor woman thanked me graciously while I left for my own patch of land
The
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Dubem50: 10:23pm On May 22, 2020
All these happened late January this year
Fast forward to March, i observed that the old woman could not keep up with weeding and maintenance of her ugu farm as her attention was buried in her cucumber farms.
Mama has about two acre of cukes that she was tending to as rain has arrived.
She would contract housa. Boys to prepare ridges while her duty is to do the planting all alone. Her son ( who is also a local champion in cuke production as he farms minimum of 5 acres per planting section) would support her with some bags of fertilizer,,, while her daughters and their kids would use paraforce to weed before the cukes start crawling and producing side shoots and runners.
She wants to take advantage of the early planting. Market. Price as it was obvious that the price of ugu leaves would soon drop as it has started to rain.
Cukes na Sharp Sharp money nah, who won miss out ,, not even mama
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Dubem50: 7:20am On May 23, 2020
Den a. Crazy thought came to me
.... I will meet the old woman, make her an offer to rent her ugu farm (which at this time, u barely see the ugu as grass has taken over the entire farmland) at a good price of 10k per plot, then I will use it for my pepper farm. I will also maintain her ugu and protect the entire land from Fulani heardsmen .
All mama needs to do is to feed her ugu plants with manure once in a blue moon while waiting for it fruit, while I keep weeds and insects at Bay since I am planting pepper ( which happens to be a companion crop for ugu) on same piece of land.!!
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by codeQue: 8:10am On May 23, 2020
Dubem50 sorry though, cant you just sum up all the post and post once
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Dubem50: 8:14am On May 23, 2020
I consulted with her grandson ( who happens to be my watermelon pilot supervisor) who told me it was a symbiotic partnership that would even benefit the old woman more as she would be getting money from rent with out more labor input in her pumpkin farm.
He also went ahead and narrated how Fulani heardsmen consistently partied in her farm with their cattles.
Then I ran off to Mama's house to make the deal
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by lifestyle1(m): 8:33am On May 23, 2020
Dubem50:
I will meet the old woman, make her an offer to rent her ugu farm (which at this time, u barely see the ugu as grass has taken over the entire farmland) at a good price of 10k per plot, then I will use it for my pepper farm.

Per plot or acre ?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Dubem50: 9:51am On May 23, 2020
Brothers, that was how a business partnership was done. And d birth of a new pepper planting era
I have instructed my staff to use a mixture of paraforce and glyphosphate to weed the farm while we start our nursery for transplanting.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Dubem50: 9:55am On May 23, 2020
lifestyle1:

Per plot or acre ?
Per plot, 50*100 feet
Land lease in Rivers State is a nightmare
And I was happily paying that amount because the farm land already has ridges in place + I had to make her a mouth watering offer.
But all in all, my profit is sure. grin

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by nzedon2(m): 2:19pm On May 23, 2020
I was told that water from catfish pond is very OK for pepper farming without much manure,please how truth is this?.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by frankedoka: 5:56pm On May 23, 2020
House, is it good to use rain gun irrigation sprinkler to water a pepper farm right from transplant to maturity?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FMCASH(m): 8:54pm On May 23, 2020
nzedon2:
I was told that water from catfish pond is very OK for pepper farming without much manure,please how truth is this?.
100% valid

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FarmTech(m): 10:06pm On May 23, 2020
frankedoka:
House, is it good to use rain gun irrigation sprinkler to water a pepper farm right from transplant to maturity?
Yes it is. but try to make ur ridges to have a flat top, not a sloppy one. So that water can soak deep into the soil instead of running off into the furrow. Also, when u side dress with manure, water will not wash them down into the furrow.
It is best to allow rain to irrigate ur farm when they have not mature. Pepper start fruiting at 3 months or so. Can u imagine what irrigation will cost u?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by FarmTech(m): 10:11pm On May 23, 2020
Dubem50:
Brothers, that was how a business partnership was done. And d birth of a new pepper planting era
I have instructed my staff to use a mixture of paraforce and glyphosphate to weed the farm while we start our nursery for transplanting.
I appreciate ur contribution. But give us summary, straight to the point. Tnks.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Richfarmer(m): 11:31pm On May 23, 2020
I have been wanting to startup a pepper farm,

if i can invest 25million only on pepper cultivation,

how much in total can i be able to make after all harvest?

Any remarkable farmer that gives me a benefitting answer will i give to run this for me
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Dubem50: 1:05am On May 24, 2020
PEPPER SEEDS EXTRACTION HACK
As soon as mama agreed to lease her ugu farm, I ordered some pepper fruits from a long time farmer friend who has also been in the Pepper production game. This guy spends no dime on hybrid cultivars but has been recycling his seeds from his harvest with consistent high yield and zero crop failure. And this is how I extracted the seeds with zero stress, no pepper burn ( the first batch I did with my neighbor was a horrible experience as we both had our palms on fire for five hours even with our gloves on) and high viability and purity.
1. I poured the whole pepper fruits in a plastic basin or any container and mashed properly/light pounded with an empty vodka bottle without damaging the pepper seeds.
The reason for this is to infect or introduce microbes to the pulp to help us break it down via partial fermentation (as this pulp plays a key role of preventing seed germination inside plant pod) and also help separate seeds from the pepper core( where they are tightly held together)
2. Pour some water ( it should be tepid water, ie, not hot not cold, just normal.) Into the basin, cover it up and keep in a room temperature for between 12 to 24 hours.
This creates good breeding condition for the microbes that breaks down the fruit pulp.
3. After 12 or 24 hours, put on a thick rubber glove, like the one u saw me wear on the pic first mash or squeeze the pepper with your hands ( protected with rubber gloves to avoid pepper burn) and with the aid of a sieve, continuously but gently scoop out the Pepper flesh and skin. Also sieve out any seeds that float because 98% of these floating seeds are not mature and hence ,not viable. But care must be taken not to agitate the seeds that are below as they are the real deal
4. Gently tilt and drain out the water in the basin and boom, the treasure would be staring right in ur. Eyes.
5. Pour clean water to rinse the seeds ,then tilt the basin to drain out the water completely while u use your sieve to collect your seeds.
5 sundry the seeds under the sun till it's properly dried, then go and start your nursery with it
6. If it is for storage, continue to dry under partial shade for some days before storing them.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (61) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farming: My Story / Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.