Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,211 members, 7,811,572 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm - Agriculture (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm (193320 Views)

My Pepper Planting Challenge / Fresh Pepper Farm / My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Redomi(m): 11:13pm On Oct 01, 2023
TRIACE:

Good morning, Nairalanders.
Talking about 'very nice AROMA' from Piquante brings me to my own pepper farm. I ordered CARIBEAN RED HABANERO (1000 seeds satchet) and sowed the nursery in May 2023. The plants did well and produced beautiful fruits. I started HARVESTING 2nd week of September but now found that the hybrid pepper DID NOT HAVE ANY AROMA OR GOAT SCENT at all and now rejected at the market. Is this the nature of the variety or was my production wrong? Where can I find pepper seeds that will produce GOAT MEAT AROMA? Thank you, Sirs.
Piquante red is the only pepper that has that
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by TRIACE: 3:53am On Oct 06, 2023
Redomi:
Piquante red is the only pepper that has that

Thank you, Redomi.
I would appreciate a link to purchase 100 grams of seeds of this PIQUANTE RED to farm 1 acre in the next cropping season.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by TRIACE: 4:11am On Oct 06, 2023
Kehfie:
What's your location. I think the pepper you are referring is Avenir from Technisem seeds. It doesn't have goat meat aroma but has a nice hot scent that can be perceived from a long distance.

Hello Kehfie.
My location is Delta State. The pepper I planted is CARIBEAN RED HABANERO produced by POP VRIEND SEEDS in Holland. The fruits were beautiful and quite healthy. I would like to sample the AVENIR by Technisem if the seeds are available to be delivered by parcel service (waybill). I would appreciate the link to purchase trial quantities.
Thanks for the hint.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Kehfie(f): 9:51am On Oct 06, 2023
zero eight zero nine eight two five six six eight five for a rep in Ibadan
and zero eight zero three five three eight four one two eight for the rep in Calabar.. haven't been in touch with the guy in Calabar for a while though... all the best.

TRIACE:

Hello Kehfie.
My location is Delta State. The pepper I planted is CARIBEAN RED HABANERO produced by POP VRIEND SEEDS in Holland. The fruits were beautiful and quite healthy. I would like to sample the AVENIR by Technisem if the seeds are available to be delivered by parcel service (waybill). I would appreciate the link to purchase trial quantities.
Thanks for the hint.

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Redomi(m): 10:00pm On Oct 06, 2023
TRIACE:

Thank you, Redomi.
I would appreciate a link to purchase 100 grams of seeds of this PIQUANTE RED to farm 1 acre in the next cropping season.
I am from Ondo, but I buy everything I use in my farm from Solokad agro, I chat them online and pay into the companies moniepiint account and I get my order through waybill the next day
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Adaba0803(m): 11:29am On Oct 09, 2023
We have acres of land available At Alabata area of Abeokuta few minutes drive from FUNAAB at 200k and 250k per acre... Come to my WhatsApp if you are interested 08118888592.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Hossanafarm: 5:54pm On Oct 25, 2023
Good evening my fellow farmers, please has anyone have tried piquante f1 pepper and what's the production like? Thanks
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by fashtos(m): 5:47am On Jan 07
Redomi:
I am from Ondo, but I buy everything I use in my farm from Solokad agro, I chat them online and pay into the companies moniepiint account and I get my order through waybill the next day
Where is ur farm in ondo?I farm in Ekiti.which pepper variety did u use to plant sir
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by chetaraph(m): 5:42pm On Jan 10
Nice thread....very informative and inspiring.

Read up to page 20 and all I can say is...not an easy ride at all!

Kudos to all the farmers putting in the hardwork.

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ogbongenet: 10:36pm On Jan 10
Good evening my people..long time I updated the trend due my location with poor Network. This is another beautiful year, planning on going for this year pepper farming. God willing I will have some hybrid pepper seedlings for sale both habernero (rodo) and chilli pepper(sombo). You can contact me on 08060115253 for booking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by oyinlekan1: 10:52pm On Jan 10
ogbongenet:
Good evening my people..long time I updated the trend due my location with poor Network. This is another beautiful year, planning on going for this year pepper farming. God willing I will have some hybrid pepper seedlings for sale both habernero (rodo) and chilli pepper(sombo). You can contact me on 08060115253 for booking.
Good evening bros I just sent a message to you
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ogbongenet: 11:43pm On Jan 11
I have decided to go for this Cayenne pepper seed..

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ogbongenet: 11:55pm On Jan 11
Undecided on the variety of habernero seed that I should go for..super habernero F1 seed with the following features:
Colour: Green when unripe, red when ripe
Taste: Hot and Spicy Taste
Size: Big Pepper Fruits
Package Size: Pack of 10 grams
Time to Maturity: 75 - 85 days after transplanting
Growth Habit: Determinate
Weight of Fruit: 10 - 20 g
Disease Resistances: Fusarium Wilt, Verticilium Wilt, pepper yellow leaf curly disease and pepper mosaic virus disease
Brand: Dizengoff

Priceb:90k

Or this..

Mawenzilli RZ F1 – Hot Red Pepper Seed (1,000 Seeds)

Price:₦70,422

High-yielding and pungent hot red pepper seed variety (habanero pepper) from Rijk Zwaan. An early variety (60 – 75 days) with high vigour and a good heat set. Suitable for outdoor and indoor production.

Description

Good heat set
For outdoor and indoor production
Upright growth habit
High uniformity and vigour
Attractive red colour when mature
Light green colour when immature
Fruit shape blocky
Average length of fruits: 4-5cm
Average weight of fruits: 12-15 gr
Aromatic, high pungency
Maturity in days after transplanting
Good continuation
Adapted for long cycles

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ogbongenet: 11:58pm On Jan 11
Motto for 2024: No gree for anybody..we must make money from pepper farming
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by chetaraph(m): 9:47am On Jan 12
is any of these a piquante red variety?

ogbongenet:
Undecided on the variety of habernero seed that I should go for..super habernero F1 seed with the following features:
Colour: Green when unripe, red when ripe
Taste: Hot and Spicy Taste
Size: Big Pepper Fruits
Package Size: Pack of 10 grams
Time to Maturity: 75 - 85 days after transplanting
Growth Habit: Determinate
Weight of Fruit: 10 - 20 g
Disease Resistances: Fusarium Wilt, Verticilium Wilt, pepper yellow leaf curly disease and pepper mosaic virus disease
Brand: Dizengoff

Priceb:90k

Or this..

Mawenzilli RZ F1 – Hot Red Pepper Seed (1,000 Seeds)

Price:₦70,422

High-yielding and pungent hot red pepper seed variety (habanero pepper) from Rijk Zwaan. An early variety (60 – 75 days) with high vigour and a good heat set. Suitable for outdoor and indoor production.

Description

Good heat set
For outdoor and indoor production
Upright growth habit
High uniformity and vigour
Attractive red colour when mature
Light green colour when immature
Fruit shape blocky
Average length of fruits: 4-5cm
Average weight of fruits: 12-15 gr
Aromatic, high pungency
Maturity in days after transplanting
Good continuation
Adapted for long cycles
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ogbongenet: 3:46pm On Jan 12
Piquante red is brand name under Eastwest brand
chetaraph:
is any of these a piquante red variety?

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ogbongenet: 8:26pm On Jan 12
Cayenne pepper is the most simplest of all the pepper . From nursery to planting, maintenance of the farm, diseases management etc. Harvesting is very easy and small quantity filled sack unlike habernero,bird eye.

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Antibettings: 10:30pm On Jan 12
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ogbongenet: 10:20pm On Jan 15
ogbongenet:
Cayenne pepper is the most simplest of all the pepper . From nursery to planting, maintenance of the farm, diseases management etc. Harvesting is very easy and small quantity filled sack unlike habernero,bird eye.
Cayenne pepper seed is very easy to propagate, the germination rate is also very high up to 90% under good agricultural practice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ogbongenet: 7:47am On Jan 24
Good morning. Farm clearing started for this year pepper farming,there's no time to check...with current situation in Nigeria, farming is the only sure way for the masses to survive.
My boys killed this pregnant grass cutter today when clearing. It's very painful,I pity the animal,just some few months to give birth

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Ebowo(f): 8:34am On Jan 24
ogbongenet:
Good morning. Farming clearing started for this year pepper farming,there's no time to check...with current situation in Nigeria, farming is the only sure way for the masses to survive.
My boys killed this pregnant grass cutter today when clearing. It's very painful,I pity the animal,just some few months to give birth

As a mum, i feel like crying right now...
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ogbongenet: 6:40pm On Jan 24
Ebowo:

As a mum, i feel like crying right now...
I'm also disturbed , i can't sleep very well yesternight. It's a pity

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Orwasen: 6:22am On Jan 25
BEST AGRO SEEDLINGS
Call or Whatsapp Best Agro +2347069670428
*Palm tress
*Orange
*Mango
*Ogbono
*Guava
*Plantains suckers
*Cashew
*Pawpaw
*Kola nut
*Bitter kola
*Coco
*Coconut
*Moringa
*Pears
*Avocado etc

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Ebowo(f): 12:51pm On Jan 25
ogbongenet:
I'm also disturbed , i can't sleep very well yesternight. It's a pity

Eya! Quite disturbing,May her soul rest in peace cry cry
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by DeejaywonDJ1(m): 12:26am On Jan 26
ogbongenet:
Longest time

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by DeejaywonDJ1(m): 12:27am On Jan 26
ogbongenet:
I have decided to go for this Cayenne pepper seed..
Are you going to use drip for your pepper farming?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ogbongenet: 8:51pm On Jan 26
DeejaywonDJ1:

Are you going to use drip for your pepper farming?
I'm farming with rain. The land I'm using doesn't have any river nearby, neither borehole
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by DeejaywonDJ1(m): 10:42pm On Jan 26
ogbongenet:
I'm farming with rain. The land I'm using doesn't have any river nearby, neither borehole
OK bossss
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Redomi(m): 9:32pm On Jan 27
I intercrop my pepper with maize. Just 500 pepper for dry season alone
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Alashi(m): 7:55am On Jan 28
I am also into pepper farming this year. Will be sharing the experience here if it is not offensive.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ogbongenet: 10:07pm On Jan 28
Alashi:
I am also into pepper farming this year. Will be sharing the experience here if it is not offensive.
which kind offensive be that ,we are all hear to learn , nobody knows all
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Redomi(m): 2:57pm On Jan 29
Pls boss dint forget to keep us updated on the price so that market women don't continue cheating us

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farming: My Story / Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.