Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? (12586 Views)

Should I Raise My Car For Better Ground Clearance? / Air Suspensions. How Do They Work? / The Best Way To Raise My Camry 2001 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? by Hoodbilonia: 8:18am On Feb 05, 2019
Dats why i hate sedans
Suv only
My kind of suv
4runner
Fj cruiser
Hummer
Pathfinder 06 and above

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? by Nobody: 8:18am On Feb 05, 2019
Readonee35L:
smiley

Is there a link to a video of this?
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? by mjbaba: 8:18am On Feb 05, 2019
madgoat:

You are very funny. Why should you even be driving that fast at 140km/hr. Are u sure u have sense at all?
When u crash now, we will see ur graphic pix on Nairaland and people will be feeling sorry for you not knowing its senselessness that caused it.

Bush man. What is mere 140km/hr
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? by ehissi(m): 8:20am On Feb 05, 2019
whyteteeth:
I am using a Honda Rover and I want to raise the car as in raise the tires, because i think the under is too close to the ground and that could be the reason why my exhaust pipe keeps leaking every now and then. Now I am just wondering if it’s a good idea because I wouldn’t want the car to start developing issues thereafter in connection to that lifting.

Bro which wan come be honda rover again?
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? by oppsyij: 8:21am On Feb 05, 2019
my take on this is very simple
i have driven both raised and unraised cars. if the raising is just a bit, your car is safe as long as your are mindful of your speed.
the fact remains that 'this is Nigeria' and you must do things to safe you of various cars agony except you have much money to spend on repairs.
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? by Frankiss44(m): 8:26am On Feb 05, 2019
I won't advice you to raise it if you travel frequently with the car and you are lover of speed.. I raised my Honda CRV and I notice that anytime I am on 100km per hour and above, the car is never balance...

1 Like

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? by whyteteeth: 8:37am On Feb 05, 2019
Iyammi iyammi iyammi!!!! U mean I am on front page oh iyammi!!! Okon lagos come and help me...
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? by MztrChukwu(m): 8:38am On Feb 05, 2019
whyteteeth:
I am using a Honda Rover and I want to raise the car as in raise the tires, because i think the under is too close to the ground and that could be the reason why my exhaust pipe keeps leaking every now and then. Now I am just wondering if it’s a good idea because I wouldn’t want the car to start developing issues thereafter in connection to that lifting.

Stop using panel beaters to fix your exhaust pipe... use welders instead. You will enjoy it
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? by airsaylongcon: 8:43am On Feb 05, 2019
greenhulk:

ur moniker says it all. Actually we don't entertain ur kind on cartalk, I blame the mod that brought this to front page. Now run along.

U should not have dignified his trolling with a response o!
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? by Emeo12: 8:45am On Feb 05, 2019
See below

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? by whyteteeth: 8:50am On Feb 05, 2019
ehissi:

Bro which wan come be honda rover again?

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 05, 2019
You people are just lucky, you don't pass Abia state, you will not only raise your suspension you will welder one on top it, panel beaters are making good business along ikot Ekpene umuahia road. All my cars have their suspensions double lifted, which road you go even use speed more than 80km, the road is very bad. You can lift your suspension to save you going to panel often but speed less if you have good road.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? by chukiz(m): 9:14am On Feb 05, 2019
I raise my toyota avalon suspension and today I have no regret. Because Nigeria road is horrible.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? by Nobody: 9:33am On Feb 05, 2019
Frankiss44:
I won't advice you to raise it if you travel frequently with the car and you are lover of speed.. I raised my Honda CRV and I notice that anytime I am on 100km per hour and above, the car is never balance...

Why would u raise a Honda CR-V? It has enough ground clearance from factory. Now if u dey raise an SUV, then wetin make people wey dey drive sedan come do? Even I would not raise a Camry or Honda Accord.
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 05, 2019
chukiz:
I raise my toyota avalon suspension and today I have no regret. Because Nigeria road is horrible.

Oshey, team raising.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? by Carlyscales: 9:42am On Feb 05, 2019
dumo1:

Don't raise the suspension but buy slightly higher wheels than the current wheels that you have. Raising the suspension might bite you in the ass later on high speed and at sharp corners.
High speed at sharp corners abi?

Kwantinuuu

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? by Frankiss44(m): 9:50am On Feb 05, 2019
greenhulk:

Why would u raise a Honda CR-V? It has enough ground clearance from factory. Now if u dey raise an SUV, then wetin make people wey dey drive sedan come do? Even I would not raise a Camry or Honda Accord.

The so called ground clearance from factory wasn't good enough for my hilly zone.. So I felt a little raise won't be harmful
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? by Solatium(m): 10:42am On Feb 05, 2019
whyteteeth:

You can,but don't let it be more than one inch or else you will have issues of constant shock absorber replacement
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? by Jeterry(m): 11:02am On Feb 05, 2019
Don't raise the suspensions, get high tyres instead. The roads are bad but raising em will do more harm to your vehicle on the run

1 Like

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? by Fixitgood(m): 11:18am On Feb 05, 2019
Emeo12:
See below

Thunder fire you and the bloody matches wey your papa fix for you. Oloshi!
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? by MotorGuru: 11:20am On Feb 05, 2019
Readonee35L:
smiley

Thank you sir for this post.

If you know you know!
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? by agarawu23(m): 11:51am On Feb 05, 2019
chukiz:
i raised my own car too after spending so much on exhaust repear and bumber.

It will only disfigure the car a little bit but I am pleased. I know we are tampering the manufacturer spec but this is Nigeria and not abroad with good roads tongue

No regrets so far after raising mine.
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? by mechanics(m): 12:10pm On Feb 05, 2019
Use bigger wheels with big tyres, but you will spend much o.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? by lateefx(m): 12:21pm On Feb 05, 2019
I did both. Raised my shocks on accord 04,and then got bigger tyres to compensate. I dey blow 140km/hr, Lagos to ibadan and have no handling difficulty whatsoever. I even feel cool on untarred streets cos I never hear any scratches below my car. No matter how bad the road may be.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? by lateefx(m): 12:28pm On Feb 05, 2019
My car still looks sporty and cool despite the adjustment. Js ensure the increment is 1inch or less.
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? by Readonee35L(m): 1:51pm On Feb 05, 2019
Palmerbarry:

Is this truck a Mercedes?
Yes This is the mercedes Benz ACTROS smiley wink
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? by Readonee35L(m): 1:56pm On Feb 05, 2019
Admin401:

Is there a link to a video of this?
This is the mercedes benz actros

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-eBUZP0FJ0
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? by Readonee35L(m): 2:02pm On Feb 05, 2019
MotorGuru:

Thank you sir for this post.

If you know you know!
Actros smiley kiss
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? by diportivo: 3:50pm On Feb 05, 2019
Readonee35L:

This is the mercedes benz actros

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-eBUZP0FJ0

chai

see badass ride kiss
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? by Palmerbarry: 3:58pm On Feb 05, 2019
Readonee35L:
Yes This is the mercedes Benz ACTROS smiley wink
Thanks boss
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? by uboma(m): 10:25am On Feb 10, 2019
lateefx:
I did both. Raised my shocks on accord 04,and then got bigger tyres to compensate. I dey blow 140km/hr, Lagos to ibadan and have no handling difficulty whatsoever. I even feel cool on untarred streets cos I never hear any scratches below my car. No matter how bad the road may be.

The handling cannot be as it was with factory settings.

Again, have you noticed that your car consumes more fuel since you raised the suspension?
Re: Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? by uboma(m): 10:28am On Feb 10, 2019
My Baby, BMW E46 has a low ground clearance but I will never raise the suspension. I have learnt to be extra careful when driving through bad roads.

Looking at buying an X5 soon.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Overheating Headache With Honda Accord 1997 Model / What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? / Alert: Car Suddenly Jerks With Intermittent Blinking CEL!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.