Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,795 members, 7,820,792 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine (32759 Views)

FACT-CHECK: Did The Economist Magazine Really Endorse Atiku? / Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election / Biography Of Elishama Rosemary Ideh, Female 2019 Presidential Aspirant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by Winning123: 7:31am On Feb 02, 2019
I can imagine how any sane and honest Nigerian will vote for Atiku except rogues

chozzy:
I can't imagine how any true Nigerian will go
queue and vote for Buhari on Feb 16.

I mean, for what reason?
Is his current performance not enough lessons?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by WIDETHOUGHT: 7:38am On Feb 02, 2019
I got a revelation on November that Buhari or whoever posing as him(if alleged is true) will win 2019 presidential election but it will lead to serious crisis and unrest if not civil war.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 02, 2019
No doubt. They have always predicted right. They said same to buhari in 2015. These are the people who would say the truth any day without being bribed. They know about the happenings and goings-on in my country more than the myopic and gullible minds who always attack without reasoning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by Nobody: 8:00am On Feb 02, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Will the Economist come and vote on February 16
They are more current about our situations more than we are. They spend hugely to conduct surveys and researches without approaching our government, based on the realities on ground. In 2015, they predicted buhari would win...did he not win? It's only in Nigeria we apply sentiments into issues without reasoning logically....I think it's because we're still illiterate here to some extent. We will get it right sooner than later.
Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 02, 2019
dockokwus:
Buhari can only win if he massively rigs the elections and the crisis that would throw up would threaten the whole existence of Nigeria.
SS and SE are fully for Atiku.
Atiku would also win the Middle Belt maybe with a smaller margin.
Kano that was APC's joker has been massively eroded by Kwankwaso rooting for Atiku,so maybe 50:50.
Lagos may also go Atiku's way or at worse 50:50 because of the Agberos that would be coerced to vote APC.
The North West in a free fair election would be even with Buhari winning in the NorthEast but with smaller margin than the tsunami he had against GEJ.
So how can Buhari defeat Atiku in any free fair election?It's impossible.
Free and fair or not, Atiku will still win, but the margin would be slim. He will sweep middle belt , except Nasarawa. He will also win Niger in the north west and kaduna but elrufai may win kaduna again as governor. Kano won't be an easy win for buhari because those who made it happen in 2015 have left the party for the PDP. Only Ganduje cannot declare kano for buhari because he's not a strong politician. The governor of zamfara is not happy because there would be no governorship election there this year. The APC in the state felt cheated with the rules applied in their primaries by Oshiomohle. It's at the Atiku's advantage. The opposition in Zamfara which is the PDP will win both at the state and national levels. Buhari would win in borno in the east except Gombe, Adamawa,Bauchi states. Buhari will also win the restive yobe state. Atiku will win Ekiti, Osun and Oyo states but Lagos, Ondo not likely but the margin will be very slim
Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by saintandsinnerz: 8:14am On Feb 02, 2019
olujastro:
People rooting for Atiku - the corrupt elites and Igbos who have no PVCs.

People rooting for Buhari - the ordinary people with PVCs.

The most populated states with the highest voting strengths are APC strongholds: Kano, Kaduna, Katsina, Lagos, Oyo.
Those expecting Atiku to win are only trying to make themselves temporarily happy just like fake orgasms.

On Febuhari 16 evening, their wailings and sifia pains will commence.
Me I go 'just dey watch them like bat'.
4+4

Assuming that everybody there will vote for Buhari. You know that's impossible. Seriously, if you must be sincere, this election will be very difficult to predict because of alot of factors. The problem is that people think that the north will be a landslide for Buhari, but that may not be the case. Atiku will put a strong showing in the north as a result of him being a Northerner. Remember Atiku also has a lot of money and you know the influence of money in Nigerian politics. Voting buying will be too much in this election. The SW doesn't always vote in block like the SE. The vote of SW is always divided, though Buhari may win there slightly. Check the 2105 results you will see what I'm saying. Despite the anti GEJ sentiment in the SW prior to the 2015 election, he actually put in a strong showing. Where APC may have problem is in the SE and SS, especially the SE. If they vote massively for the PDP the way they did in 2015, forget it Atiku may likely win the election. Seriously there is something about Atiku and Saraki that is strange, these guys are sure they will win the election and the dynamics favour them. Don't rule them out.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by alimology: 8:15am On Feb 02, 2019
The two are not worthy of my vote. Leave economist to its predictions, stewpid stay wey no fit work do Nigeria
Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by truthisgood: 8:40am On Feb 02, 2019
dheilaw1:
Just to make ipob dogs happy for a day
They have been sad in the last few days cos of onoghen and several people leaving athifku to join buhari. Oya, let d terrorists rejoice while it lasts, cos sadness is beffaling you in 15days time

DREAMER WAKE UP THERE IS FIRE ON THE MOUNTAIN!
Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by Caseless: 8:43am On Feb 02, 2019
dockokwus:
Buhari can only win if he massively rigs the elections and the crisis that would throw up would threaten the whole existence of Nigeria.
Kano that was APC's joker has been massively eroded by Kwankwaso rooting for Atiku,so maybe 50:50.
Lagos may also go Atiku's way or at worse 50:50 because of the Agberos that would be coerced to vote APC.
The North West in a free fair election would be even with Buhari winning in the NorthEast but with smaller margin than the tsunami he had against GEJ.
it's offensive to analyse like a "duck" running on a water.
Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by AntiWailer: 8:54am On Feb 02, 2019
They should swear him in on the magazine.

Mchewww

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by olujastro: 8:56am On Feb 02, 2019
saintandsinnerz:

Assuming that everybody there will vote for Buhari. You know that's impossible. Seriously, if you must be sincere, this election will be very difficult to predict because of alot of factors. The problem is that people think that the north will be a landslide for Buhari, but that may not be the case. Atiku will put a strong showing in the north as a result of him being a Northerner. Remember Atiku also has a lot of money and you know the influence of money in Nigerian politics. Voting buying will be too much in this election. The SW doesn't always vote in block like the SE. The vote of SW is always divided, though Buhari may win there slightly. Check the 2105 results you will see what I'm saying. Despite the anti GEJ sentiment in the SW prior to the 2015 election, he actually put in a strong showing. Where APC may have problem is in the SE and SS, especially the SE. If they vote massively for the PDP the way they did in 2015, forget it Atiku may likely win the election. Seriously there is something about Atiku and Saraki that is strange, these guys are sure they will win the election and the dynamics favour them. Don't rule them out.
You don't expect Saraki or Atiku to appear like they expect to lose. I believe their hidden routes back to power have been and are still being uncovered.

GEJ had incumbency factor.
Look at the numbers from INEC and you'll see why a Buhari victory is almost inevitable. The NW has over 20 million registered voters while the SE and SS combined have 22 million. These 3 zones will cancel out as both candidates will get at least 70% in their strongest holds.
Aboki doesn't make noise on social media. PMB is the only politician they trust that he isn't after enriching himself with public funds. No other northern politician enjoys such respect. You cannot buy Aboki's electoral conscience as it happens down south.
So those saying Atiku will divide the votes in the north simply because he's a Northerner are just reducing their much anticipated wailings. I can bet you that Atiku will lose his own Adamawa state.

The NE is there for PMB where he should get at least 60-70%.And around 50-55% victory in the SW and NC.

I expect a wider margin of victory for PMB than in 2015.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by Abbymart777(m): 9:10am On Feb 02, 2019
Propaganda!! Buhari is the better choice
Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by senatordave1(m): 9:21am On Feb 02, 2019
awelekiti:
Free and fair or not, Atiku will still win, but the margin would be slim. He will sweep middle belt , except Nasarawa. He will also win Niger in the north west and kaduna but elrufai may win kaduna again as governor. Kano won't be an easy win for buhari because those who made it happen in 2015 have left the party for the PDP. Only Ganduje cannot declare kano for buhari because he's not a strong politician. The governor of zamfara is not happy because there would be no governorship election there this year. The APC in the state felt cheated with the rules applied in their primaries by Oshiomohle. It's at the Atiku's advantage. The opposition in Zamfara which is the PDP will win both at the state and national levels. Buhari would win in borno in the east except Gombe, Adamawa,Bauchi states. Buhari will also win the restive yobe state. Atiku will win Ekiti, Osun and Oyo states but Lagos, Ondo not likely but the margin will be very slim
Results from south south will shock you.tired of analysing,cant wait for 16
Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 02, 2019
SPOT-ON! THE REDUNDANT ANCESTOR IS THE RUBBISHEST THING I EVER WASTED MY VOTE ON!

#NEVER AGAIN!
Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by biggestmanhood(m): 9:25am On Feb 02, 2019
that lifeless thing in aso rock will b booted out
Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 02, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Will the Economist come and vote on February 16
GOOD QUESTION.THEY ARE THIEVES THEY KNOW BUHARI HAS PUT MANY OF THESE FOREIGN COMPANIES OUT OF JOB.THEY WANT THE ONE THAT WILL AUCTION NIGERIA ASSETS TO THEM.[i][/i][b][/b]
Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 02, 2019
olujastro:
People rooting for Atiku - the corrupt elites and Igbos who have no PVCs.

People rooting for Buhari - the ordinary people with PVCs.

The most populated states with the highest voting strengths are APC strongholds: Kano, Kaduna, Katsina, Lagos, Oyo.
Those expecting Atiku to win are only trying to make themselves temporarily happy just like fake orgasms.

On Febuhari 16 evening, their wailings and sifia pains will commence.
Me I go 'just dey watch them like bat'.
4+4

The only sad thing about this forthcoming election is that you zombies are actually showing us the NEXT LEVEL of your stupidity
Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by RemiOAjayi: 10:04am On Feb 02, 2019
dockokwus:

See analysis if a self deluded person. Buy enough tissue papers for tears drying and buy BP drugs una case go worse than 2015
Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by Chuksxyview(m): 10:10am On Feb 02, 2019
I think Buhari might have done good but his good is just not good enough or rather too poor. Moreover, a population of about 200million should not even leave the affairs of her government in the hands of an old and outdated pilot. The result is evidenced in our crashed economy,this leaves me wondering each time the basis on which some Nigerians support this very poor government built on the foundation of lies and propagandas. Common, we are too good to allow dounce over see our nation's affairs. In respect to competency,I think we should rather choose Atiku to Buhari,perhaps we will be presented with another opportunity or reason to jilt same Atiku after 4 years,if he performs poorly too. And so the circle will continue till God raise for us a visionary and transparent leader. Nigeria must be great,we must play our role. Vote wisely
Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by paq1: 10:11am On Feb 02, 2019
franchasng:
Please sir don't waste your vote, its either Atiku or Buhari that will win the election.

Sowore just want to make name and maybe prepare for next 8 years election. Same with Olawepo Hashim and Moghalu.

Due to Nigeria's unofficial but recognized Presidential zoning system, the battle is between Atiku and Buhari.

And we have tried Buhari and have seen the best of Buhari which is far below average, it is safer and saner we try Atiku and see his own best and if its not good enough, we try another person.

This is the only way to change Nigeria. We need to reach Nigerian Presidents and Governors that there is nothing like power of incumbency to win reelection again in Nigeria but based on great performance only.

If we achieve to vote out Buhari, believe me, every incoming Nigerian President will never take Nigerians for granted again, they will work hard to deliver on their key campaign promises but if Buhari succeeds in rigging the election and wins, it spells doom for Nigeria's democracy and future.

It hurts me that majority of so called enlightened Yorubas aren't seeing this reality. It hurts that Yoruba youths just want to sacrifice Nigeria's future on the promise of making Osinbajo next Nigeria's President that they are not 100% sure out of following a selfish, corrupt man Tinubu even when some wise Yoruba elites have seen the handwriting on the walls, this was why I wanted Atiku to pick Yoruba VP so Yorubas can rest since they love VP and power more than national development, it hurts to share a nation with foolish dafts angry angry
Stop generalization on yorubas the most liberal people in Nigeria. SW is 50:50 and that is a massive plus for Atiku.
Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by grandstar(m): 10:16am On Feb 02, 2019
franchasng:
Please sir don't waste your vote, its either Atiku or Buhari that will win the election.

Sowore just want to make name and maybe prepare for next 8 years election. Same with Olawepo Hashim and Moghalu.

Due to Nigeria's unofficial but recognized Presidential zoning system, the battle is between Atiku and Buhari.

And we have tried Buhari and have seen the best of Buhari which is far below average, it is safer and saner we try Atiku and see his own best and if its not good enough, we try another person.

This is the only way to change Nigeria. We need to reach Nigerian Presidents and Governors that there is nothing like power of incumbency to win reelection again in Nigeria but based on great performance only.

If we achieve to vote out Buhari, believe me, every incoming Nigerian President will never take Nigerians for granted again, they will work hard to deliver on their key campaign promises but if Buhari succeeds in rigging the election and wins, it spells doom for Nigeria's democracy and future.

It hurts me that majority of so called enlightened Yorubas aren't seeing this reality. It hurts that Yoruba youths just want to sacrifice Nigeria's future on the promise of making Osinbajo next Nigeria's President that they are not 100% sure out of following a selfish, corrupt man Tinubu even when some wise Yoruba elites have seen the handwriting on the walls, this was why I wanted Atiku to pick Yoruba VP so Yorubas can rest since they love VP and power more than national development, it hurts to share a nation with foolish dafts angry angry

Who told you Yoruba's are voting for Buhari because they want their "brother" to be there in 2023? Who?

These are just wild assumptions by you and not based on any serious empirical research

Did you know Jonathan won every Southwest state in 2011 except Osun states. He even won Kwara state. I don't know where you guys get the notion that Yoruba's are fueled by ethnic sentiments.

For your information Yoruba's voted for Jonathan in 2011 because they felt he would perform. He was charismatic, affable and well educated (A PHD holder to boot). Unfortunately he disappointed. Corruption boomed under his watch and he was largely ineffective.

Hence they rooted for Buhari in 2015 believing he could deliver the goods. He seemed very principled and incorruptible and that's why they voted for him. He seemed to be the one to clean up the country

Though he hasn't met up this sadly isn't that discernable. The infrastructure works to many mean he is performing. And many just see Atiku as a thief and that means regression to them. If people like Sagay and Keyamo can believe in Buhari don't blame Yoruba's.

Anyway win by Buhari will most likely be very slim. This Yoruba being pro-Buhari is overdone. He might even win some states. And again Atiku's campaign here was lacklustre

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:26am On Feb 02, 2019
grandstar:

Who told you Yoruba's are voting for Buhari because they want their "brother" to be there in 2023? Who?

These are just wild assumptions by you and not based on any serious empirical research

Did you know Jonathan won every Southwest state in 2011 except Osun states. He even won Kwara state. I don't know where you guys get the notion that Yoruba's are fueled by ethnic sentiments.

For your information Yoruba's voted for Jonathan in 2011 because they felt he would perform. He was charismatic, affable and well educated (A PHD holder to boot). Unfortunately he disappointed. Corruption boomed under his watch and he was largely ineffective.

Hence they rooted for Buhari in 2015 believing he could deliver the goods. He seemed very principled and incorruptible and that's why they voted for him. He seemed to be the one to clean up the country

Though he hasn't met up this sadly isn't that discernable. The infrastructure works to many mean he is performing. And many just see Atiku as a thief and that means regression to them. If people like Sagay and Keyamo can believe in Buhari don't blame Yoruba's.

Anyway win by Buhari will most likely be very slim. This Yoruba being pro-Buhari is overdone. He might even win some states. And again Atiku's campaign here was lacklustre

The only states I see Atiku winning in southwest with slim margin are Lagos and Ondo state being a commercial city business communities in Lagos prefer Atiku/Obi, Buhari with others states in southwest with slim margin just like 2015
L win other Western states with low margin just like 2015

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by oldschoollapel(m): 10:49am On Feb 02, 2019
PDP and propaganda+ misinformation una no dey tire sef . anyway febuhari 16 will tell.

Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by SalamRushdie: 10:54am On Feb 02, 2019
supereagle:

The people that will win the election for Buhari are not on social media , they have seen the light improved, roads rehabilitation, railway system working again. Rice farmers many of them don't even have android phone, you can Atikulate here, FeBuhari is here.

The first time in a recent time budgetary unspent money being returned.
Nigeria ranking improved on IT ranking and that of USA dropped because of Atiku visit.

with 27 points you say our ranking improved ...you clearly don't know how to translate the TI report
Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by Basher8583: 11:44am On Feb 02, 2019
chozzy:
I can't imagine how any true Nigerian will go
queue and vote for Buhari on Feb 16.

I mean, for what reason?
Is his current performance not enough lessons?
Crook please speak for yourself. Your imagination is solely yours. Unless you already no that Atiku does not have a fighting chance which from all indication is really paining you
Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by dedos(m): 12:17pm On Feb 02, 2019
dockokwus:

you're day dreaming with this your petus analysis.... feBUHARI 16 will reset your brain to functional mood.

#KeepDreaming till we enter next level.
Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by chozzy: 12:46pm On Feb 02, 2019
id911:
Atikulate everywhere you go!

Our country will be librated from Nepotism and lack of respect for our laws

Our country will be librated from inefficiency and incompetence

Our country will be delivered from the hands of certificate forgersĀ 

Buhari's depature from the Villa and Atiku's take over of govt on May 29, will herald a period of peace, prosperity, jobs, and above all a return of hope to our country men and women

Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by franchasng: 1:18pm On Feb 02, 2019
grandstar:

Fashola, Osinbt and Tinubu, including APC leaders have all been going about telling Yorubas to vote for Buhari so power can return to Southwest in 2023, and even Nairaland Southwest region Zone Bs have been bragging about that on nairaland and all social media platforms
Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by naijajobspost(m): 2:09pm On Feb 02, 2019
Atiku will win we only pray for real change not this one we are experiencing

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Orji Kalu's Posters Flood Katsina, Kano, Gasau, Lagos, Osun, Owerri, Others / Soon-To-Wed Soldier Killed By Boko Haram In Maiduguri (Photos) / Hanan Buhari Graduates With Masters Degree From Royal College Of Art, UK (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.