Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine (32756 Views)

FACT-CHECK: Did The Economist Magazine Really Endorse Atiku? / Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election / Biography Of Elishama Rosemary Ideh, Female 2019 Presidential Aspirant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 02, 2019
senatordave1:

Results from south south will shock you.tired of analysing,cant wait for 16
Hahaha. Can't wait for that shock.
Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by saintandsinnerz: 2:57pm On Feb 02, 2019
olujastro:

You don't expect Saraki or Atiku to appear like they expect to lose. I believe their hidden routes back to power have been and are still being uncovered.

GEJ had incumbency factor.
Look at the numbers from INEC and you'll see why a Buhari victory is almost inevitable. The NW has over 20 million registered voters while the SE and SS combined have 22 million. These 3 zones will cancel out as both candidates will get at least 70% in their strongest holds.
Aboki doesn't make noise on social media. PMB is the only politician they trust that he isn't after enriching himself with public funds. No other northern politician enjoys such respect. You cannot buy Aboki's electoral conscience as it happens down south.
So those saying Atiku will divide the votes in the north simply because he's a Northerner are just reducing their much anticipated wailings. I can bet you that Atiku will lose his own Adamawa state.

The NE is there for PMB where he should get at least 60-70%.And around 50-55% victory in the SW and NC.

I expect a wider margin of victory for PMB than in 2015.
You maybe right in your analysis but the only flaw in your projection maybe your thinking that Buhari will have a landslide in the north. Though I believe he will win in the NW but I'm not so sure he will win in the NE. This is because the NE have not produced the Nigerian president in the history of Nigeria (not so sure),hence they may see this time as their best opportunity. Also, moreover, the dynamics that made Buhari to win convincingly in 2015 is not playing out this time. The north are wise politically, they know Atiku will give them the opportunity to be in power for a longer period than Buhari will do. Some of them I've interacted with are of this view. I repeat again, the zones that will be crucial in this election is the SE and SS because they normally vote in block and if Buhari fails to score a good number of votes there, forget it, he will lose the election.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by ChimaAgbalajob: 2:58pm On Feb 02, 2019
Nigerians are well ATIKULATED!

Nigeria must be RESCUED !

Nigeria must be BETTER !!

Nigeria must be PROSPEROUS !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4qjId5u0tI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37yA_eqiIxI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FZVom-35FI

Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by Charly68: 3:07pm On Feb 02, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Will the Economist come and vote on February 16
Atiku must have paid some writers to put up the fake view ..they must be dreaming big time
Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by omohayek: 3:49pm On Feb 02, 2019
grandstar:

Who told you Yoruba's are voting for Buhari because they want their "brother" to be there in 2023? Who?

These are just wild assumptions by you and not based on any serious empirical research

Did you know Jonathan won every Southwest state in 2011 except Osun states. He even won Kwara state. I don't know where you guys get the notion that Yoruba's are fueled by ethnic sentiments.

For your information Yoruba's voted for Jonathan in 2011 because they felt he would perform. He was charismatic, affable and well educated (A PHD holder to boot). Unfortunately he disappointed. Corruption boomed under his watch and he was largely ineffective.

Hence they rooted for Buhari in 2015 believing he could deliver the goods. He seemed very principled and incorruptible and that's why they voted for him. He seemed to be the one to clean up the country

Though he hasn't met up this sadly isn't that discernable. The infrastructure works to many mean he is performing. And many just see Atiku as a thief and that means regression to them. If people like Sagay and Keyamo can believe in Buhari don't blame Yoruba's.

Anyway win by Buhari will most likely be very slim. This Yoruba being pro-Buhari is overdone. He might even win some states. And again Atiku's campaign here was lacklustre
The funniest thing about this repeated insistence on Yoruba “tribal” voting, despite all the evidence to the contrary, is that the very people who are most insistent on this false claim invariably hail from the one part of country which goes in more for tribalistic block-voting than any other! Who has ever heard of a group giving 95% of its votes to one of two major parties in any part of the developed world? Even a blatant racist like Donald Trump got more of the black vote than that, and Buhari for all his glaring shortcomings hasn’t come anywhere close to Trump in terms of voicing and encouraging prejudice.

All that is going on here is sheer projection by diehard tribalists who can’t even imagine how others could possibly divorce tribal considerations from questions of governance and policy. The irony is that by their insisting all Yorubas suffer from the blinkered worldview they best exemplify themselves, they are turning the election into a tribal contest with Atiku being portrayed as an Igbo proxy, which in turn drives many wavering Yorubas into the Buhari camp, for fear of what the Igbo tribalists will do if Atiku wins. Talk about a self-fulfilling prophecy!

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by Tareq1105: 4:03pm On Feb 02, 2019
[quote author=chozzy post=75335194]I can't imagine how any true Nigerian will go
queue and vote for Buhari on Feb 16.

I mean, for what reason?
Is his current performance not enough lessons?
[/quote

Just like I wonder why a right thinking person would queue up in the sun to vote a treasury loooooooter like your Atiku who plan to sell national assets, as he did during Obasanjo, to his friends.
Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by olujastro: 4:05pm On Feb 02, 2019
saintandsinnerz:

You maybe right in your analysis but the only flaw in your projection maybe your thinking that Buhari will have a landslide in the north. Though I believe he will win in the NW but I'm not so sure he will win in the NE. This is because the NE have not produced the Nigerian president in the history of Nigeria (not so sure),hence they may see this time as their best opportunity. Also, moreover, the dynamics that made Buhari to win convincingly in 2015 is not playing out this time. The north are wise politically, they know Atiku will give them the opportunity to be in power for a longer period than Buhari will do. Some of them I've interacted with are of this view. I repeat again, the zones that will be crucial in this election is the SE and SS because they normally vote in block and if Buhari fails to score a good number of votes there, forget it, he will lose the election.
The above bolded are another sets of mythical analysis flying around which do not hold water. The masses there don't even recognise nomenclatures like NE and NW. It's the same people with the same culture and religion.
Buhari will convincingly win Borno, Yobe, Bauchi and Gombe in the NE. He'll narrowly win Adamawa and only lose Taraba. Take that to the bank.
The second one is funnier because the north hasn't been voting for only Northern candidates. PMB is the only person that enjoys such privilege of sweeping northern votes for reasons mentioned earlier.
Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by paq1: 4:19pm On Feb 02, 2019
olujastro:

The above bolded are another sets of mythical analysis flying around which do not hold water. The masses there don't even recognise nomenclatures like NE and NW. It's the same people with the same culture and religion.
Buhari will convincingly win Borno, Yobe, Bauchi and Gombe in the NE. He'll narrowly win Adamawa and only lose Taraba. Take that to the bank.
The second one is funnier because the north hasn't been voting for only Northern candidates. PMB is the only person that enjoys such privilege of sweeping northern votes for reasons mentioned earlier.
Rather Atiku will win taraba,adamawa then checkmate buhari in bauchi/gombe. He will equally garner 25% in yobe/borno two states GEJ got meagre 50k
Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by ogenyi1: 5:28pm On Feb 02, 2019
Atiku my man cheesy
Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by chozzy: 7:29am On Feb 03, 2019
Abbymart777:
Propaganda!! Buhari is the better choice

In your life, not Nigerians
Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by bender79: 7:52am On Feb 03, 2019
saintandsinnerz:

The average northerner does not identify whether the presidency is NW or NE. So you are wrong by saying that they recognise that presidency has never reached the NE. I still believe that Buhari will take NE including adamawa
Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by chozzy: 6:29pm On Feb 05, 2019
Racoon:
The signs are imminent.Reality is becoming more clearer.

Exactly
Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by WonderManly(m): 8:17am On Feb 25, 2019
We're now waiting for INEC to declare ATIKU O.
Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by Basic123: 8:28pm On Sep 20, 2022
dockokwus:
Buhari can only win if he massively rigs the elections and the crisis that would throw up would threaten the whole existence of Nigeria.
SS and SE are fully for Atiku.
Atiku would also win the Middle Belt maybe with a smaller margin.
Kano that was APC's joker has been massively eroded by Kwankwaso rooting for Atiku,so maybe 50:50.
Lagos may also go Atiku's way or at worse 50:50 because of the Agberos that would be coerced to vote APC.
The North West in a free fair election would be even with Buhari winning in the NorthEast but with smaller margin than the tsunami he had against GEJ.
So how can Buhari defeat Atiku in any free fair election?It's impossible.
Lemme screenshot your comment to remind myself that IPOB terrorists delusions did't start from today!

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by Nyamuri: 8:39pm On Sep 20, 2022
Omo see permutation and analysis!!!! grin grin cheesy

The tin cum fear me!!!
Basic123:

Lemme screenshot your comment to remind myself that IPOB terrorists delusions don't start from today!
Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by Basic123: 8:49pm On Sep 20, 2022
Nyamuri:
Omo see permutation and analysis!!!! grin grin cheesy

The tin cum fear me!!!
I am happy you comment.

My problem with them is that,they don't learn from history. They are all time deluded

There current analysis is not different from the one they made in 2019 and before APC primary.

The same delusional line of thoughts and convictions
Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by Nyamuri: 8:55pm On Sep 20, 2022
Their permutations and analysis are base on social media! They don't know politics is local.. 70% of voters are in rural areas who are not on social media

Basic123:

I am happy you comment.

My problem with them is that,they don't learn from history. They are all time deluded

There current analysis is not different from the one they made in 2019 and before APC primary.

Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by Basic123: 9:05pm On Sep 20, 2022
Nyamuri:
Their permutations and analysis are base on social media! They don't know politics is local.. 70% of voters are in rural areas who are not on social media

Exactly.

The same analysis they are giving Peter obi now.They have never learnt. Peter obi defeat will be worse,no single councillor talkless of LG chairman,senator, rep members ans governor!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by Nyamuri: 9:18pm On Sep 20, 2022
They will surely fail as usual! Tinubu will certainly win this election
Basic123:

Exactly.

The same analysis they are giving Peter obi now.They have never learnt. Peter obi defeat will be worse,no single councillor talkless of LG chairman,senator, rep members ans governor!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by Abdu81: 9:34pm On Sep 20, 2022
Basic123:

I am happy you comment.

The same analysis in 2019, please who is winning the core north in 2023?

APC abi?

Who is winning the south south and southeast, pdp abi?

Oga 2023 is different child, cool down and watch political games.
Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by Okoroawusa: 9:34pm On Sep 20, 2022
Basic123:

Lemme screenshot your comment to remind myself that IPOB terrorists delusions did't start from today!
Na wa o! I had to go and start this thread from the beginning and it seemed like I stepped into today. The same pattern of thoughts, the same narratives, the same fake stats, the same way of threatening opposing views and most importantly the same people.....

As an Igbo man I am saddened by what this thread represents for my tribe in terms of political calculation in Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by Owontime: 10:47pm On Sep 20, 2022
IPOB daydreamers will not be happy after hearing this news. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by Basic123: 10:50pm On Sep 20, 2022
Okoroawusa:

Na wa o! I had to go and start this thread from the beginning and it seemed like I stepped into today. The same pattern of thoughts, the same narratives, the same fake stats, the same way of threatening opposing views and most importantly the same people.....

As an Igbo man I am saddened by what this thread represents for my tribe in terms of political calculation in Nigeria
Seriously bro.
That is why I have soo much confidence that BAT is the next president

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by Buckeyemedia1: 11:00pm On Sep 20, 2022
Owontime:
IPOB daydreamers will not be happy after hearing this news. grin grin grin
Only the Mumu ipobians will be saddened about a news referring to the 2019 election.

Read properly, before you are in a hurry to make ludicrous statements.
Re: BREAKING: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections - The Economist Magazine by CilicMarin: 11:14pm On Sep 20, 2022
dockokwus:
Buhari can only win if he massively rigs the elections and the crisis that would throw up would threaten the whole existence of Nigeria.
SS and SE are fully for Atiku.
Atiku would also win the Middle Belt maybe with a smaller margin.
Kano that was APC's joker has been massively eroded by Kwankwaso rooting for Atiku,so maybe 50:50.
Lagos may also go Atiku's way or at worse 50:50 because of the Agberos that would be coerced to vote APC.
The North West in a free fair election would be even with Buhari winning in the NorthEast but with smaller margin than the tsunami he had against GEJ.
So how can Buhari defeat Atiku in any free fair election?It's impossible.

grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Inner Streets Of Aba Are Becoming Relatively Neater_pics / Osama Couldn't Identify Senator Dino Melaye / How DSS Held Oshiomhole Hostage For 8 Hours, 6 Governors Implicated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.