Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,089 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

How To Stop 419? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Stop 419? (3928 Views)

Oduah Loses Bid To Stop Bulletproof Cars Probe / MMA: GEJ 419 Airport Transformation. Ugly Pics. / Court Refuses To Stop Jonathan’s Impeachment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Stop 419? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 25, 2007
It starts with you and me determining not to be a part of the problem in our own little way.
When we hail and don't condemn contractors defrauding the government we are part of the problem.
And those of us who find our feet in the government ought to be upright and teach such people a lesson they'll never forget.
We have a very long way to go because as a nation,we've strayed so far far away,kids in Nigeria today don't know bribery is not a virtue.
Re: How To Stop 419? by angel101(f): 6:55pm On Jul 25, 2007
Thanks babyosisi I quite agree
Re: How To Stop 419? by MILITIA(f): 7:20pm On Jul 25, 2007
We have actually done our best by not indulging in such scams!!!  Nothing else to do.  You want to carry placade and start going from door to door to proclaim you are not one "them"?  Well, it will work out in the end!  The very Nigerians who engage in this kind of nonsense should find a way to stop.  When people do not here that Nigerians are into every "Shady deal" in the world, then the reputation will correct itself.  Right now, there is nothing we can do about it! Nigeria just happens to be a hot bed for scam artists. Due to the high rate of umemployment and lack of positive economic drive, I am afraid it will only get worse!
Re: How To Stop 419? by denex: 7:24pm On Jul 25, 2007
The simple solution to the 419 problem is to prosecute the victims. In about 90% of cases, 419 letters are an invitation to commit a crime:

recieve prizes for lottery you did not play.
Pose as next of kin for someone you do not know.

Transfer money you did not earn to your account.

Benefit from contracts you did not win.

Generally, criminologist have found out that the desperation of the perpetuator is strong enough to risk punishment. But the victim is not desperate enough to risk conviction. They just want to earn easy risk free money.

By the time one or two of those maga that come crying on the shoulder of the EFCC are convicted and thrown into Kirikiri for conspiracy to launder money, abetting fraud and impersonating an inexistent next of kin, the rest will run away.

Jobs are being created in Nigeria gradually, but any attempt to generally agitate the business of 419 will lead those boys back to armed robbery. The 419 market itself is gradually thinning out. Its no more paying that much.

This proposal should be taken seriously and victims of 419 should be invited to Nigeria to aid in investigation, but if they are found to be involved in any complicity like our friend rolandwhy. He is a victim but that doesn't mean he didn't commit a crime. He was soliciting a criminal service and should be sent to a maximum security prison.

rolandwhy, I'm not wishing you evil, but the truth is that you "victims" are also involved in the crime and you are the ones that can be easily apprehended by law enforcement agents because you come out to confess your crime thinking you haven't done anything wrong.

Please I am sending this message to the EFCC. Those of you who feel this is a line of action that could work should join me in sending your views to the EFCC.

info@efccnigeria.org
scam@efccnigeria.org
nribadu@efccnigeria.org

With the rate at which these scams are being pulled, none of you will believe what I just discovered recently. Knowing that a lot of people have been scammed by them, these scammers are now re-scamming the already scammed by posing as the EFCC and telling them that they are helping to investigate their case. They have a fertile field of victims to harvest from by simply going to internet groups formed by those that have already been scammed. Can you beat that?!
Re: How To Stop 419? by MILITIA(f): 7:25pm On Jul 25, 2007
As we are here now one person is trying to 419 me by trying to show me cheap tickets to Nigeria for less than $1000 with one stupid pop up screen!  When I know what it costs for a round trip ticket to Nigeria!  I say it will be difficult! sad If I dare so much as provide my credit card #, I am finished for life! angry
Re: How To Stop 419? by MILITIA(f): 7:29pm On Jul 25, 2007
@denex
There is no end to it! I say it can only get worse! No economic drives for our youths and the culture of curruption is now a genetic mutation! grin
Re: How To Stop 419? by denex: 7:33pm On Jul 25, 2007
@MILITIA

If you do not believe in change then good for you. But for those that believe it would work, they are the ones I invite to send just a single mail to 3 email addresses.
Re: How To Stop 419? by angel101(f): 7:42pm On Jul 25, 2007
I totally agree with u denex. biz can only thrive where/when there are customers. This is what i told rolandwhy and he totally cussed me out. sad
Re: How To Stop 419? by MILITIA(f): 7:50pm On Jul 25, 2007
denex:

@MILITIA

If you do not believe in change then good for you. But for those that believe it would work, they are the ones I invite to send just a single mail to 3 email addresses.

I do believe in change but not when the change has nothing to do with me!  Did I cause the scamming? I have never scammed anyone in my life.  So what can I do to prevent it? shocked  Please let us stop beating about the bush.  It is not in our hands anymore!  The people that are ruining Nigeria and it's image at home and abroad should stop! 

So which type of change are you talking about?  Please I have done my part as a law abiding citizen of any nation I live in visit from! If the rest of you cannot do your part, then let it be as it is--GETTING WORSE!!!!    You do your own part! cool  na for talk talk matter?  Is not by shouting like a lone voice in the wilderness that you can effect change!  Are you not part of the system in Nigeria?  So do your part na  Go and arrest all 419ners in Nigeria!
Re: How To Stop 419? by denex: 7:59pm On Jul 25, 2007
As for me, I've already sent my emails to Ribadu and his people at the EFCC. I know they may be very busy with the ex-governors, but if we come together and send in as many messages as possible around this same issue, they will have to take action.

@angel101

I suggest you send in a message too in your own words, using the same topic. A copy of my own message is below. I said it almost exactly as I said it here. I no send anybody.

Subject: Victims of 419

The simple solution to the 419 problem is to prosecute the victims. In about 90% of cases, 419 letters are an invitation to take part in committing a crime:

recieve prizes for lottery you did not play.
Pose as next of kin for someone you do not know.
Transfer money you did not earn to your account.
Benefit from contracts you did not win.

Generally, criminologist have found out that the desperation of the perpetuator is strong enough to risk punishment. But the victim is not desperate enough to risk conviction. They just want to earn easy risk free money.

By the time one or two of those maga that come crying on the shoulder of the EFCC are convicted and thrown into Kirikiri for conspiracy to launder money, abetting fraud and impersonating an inexistent next of kin, the rest will run away.

Jobs are being created in Nigeria gradually, but any attempt to generally agitate the business of 419 will lead those boys back to armed robbery. The 419 market itself is gradually thinning out. Its no more paying that much.

This proposal should be taken seriously and victims of 419 should be invited to Nigeria to aid in investigation, but if they are found to be involved in any complicity, they should be punished. They are victims but that doesn't mean they didn't commit a crime. Some of them were soliciting a criminal service or conspiring to launder stolen money and should be sent to a maximum security prison.

It's not like am evil but the truth is that these "victims" are also involved in the crime and they are the ones that can be easily apprehended by law enforcement agents because they come out to confess their part in the crime thinking they're innocent.

PS: With the rate at which these scams are being pulled, none of you will believe what I just discovered recently. Knowing that a lot of people have been scammed by them, these scammers are now re-scamming the already scammed by posing as the EFCC and telling them that they are helping to investigate their case. They have a fertile field of victims to harvest from by simply going to internet groups formed by those that have already been scammed. Can you beat that?! They're actually a document I saw on the internet supposedly written by Mallan Nuhu Ribadu.

info@efccnigeria.org
scam@efccnigeria.org
nribadu@efccnigeria.org

Yeah that's my idea of what a formal letter is!
Re: How To Stop 419? by druid06(m): 11:30am On Apr 21, 2013
Ummh, let the government create employment. The power sector should be in good working order to let small business grow. Our roads and infratructions need some major repairs. The government should reduce the price of education and make schooling be fun and enticing. Scholarships to be award for youths to study in Nigeria and abroad. Our government should first stop embarrassing us international by looting all our funds and transfering them into swizz accounts. Our funds should be utilized always in Nigeria for the betterment of the country.
Re: How To Stop 419? by tck2000(m): 9:05pm On Jun 05, 2019
Nice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Untold Beginning Of Economic Recession In Nigeria / Cnn’s I-list Heads To Nigeria – As Nigeria Gears Up To Celebrate 50 Years Of Ind / Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.