Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) (99077 Views)

I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man / Priscilla Emasoga Buys 2 Cars For Her Parents (Pictures) / Zambian Girl Who Was "Buried" 2 Years Ago Walks Back To Her Parents' House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) by Omudia11: 2:43pm On Feb 03, 2019
I'm sure they must've impregnated themselves.
sulasa07:

Human knowledge decreases everyday, 15yr old girls cannot marry but can be fucking around.Them plenty for my area,at least each of them have aborted a pregnancy

1 Like

Re: 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) by Omudia11: 2:46pm On Feb 03, 2019
That is an achievement right?
enemyofprogress:
Return or no return, I'm sure the man don already chop am

Re: 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) by victorian(f): 2:57pm On Feb 03, 2019
She doesn't look happy she has been returned back to her parents.

This situation looks dicey.

If ministry do not keep to their promise. She will run back to igwilo, and what's his name sef.

It seems she was happy with her marriage him. Just look at both pics and the expressions on her face.
Re: 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) by Yemi7up: 3:08pm On Feb 03, 2019
haladadon:

does that picture with the downy guy look as if she was sad?

how do you know what's best for her more than her parents.
Igbó re, owó rẹ. They can't change
Re: 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) by Mizwisdom(f): 3:14pm On Feb 03, 2019
It seems they were trying to give the man a child through this lady by adopting her baby. Poverty is a disease
Re: 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) by Bobkayz: 3:15pm On Feb 03, 2019
haladadon:

does that picture with the downy guy look as if she was sad?

how do you know what's best for her more than her parents.

So being married off is best for her? Let's me moral for Heaven's sake! We're talking about an under age child; having no right for marriage and being under her parents custody.

Sequel to this story, she's from a poor family and her parents definitely gave her hand in marriage based on financial security.

Truly she may not look sad from the picture, do you know what she has been promised or the threats attached?

It could have been no man's business if this young girl was given the right to education or other skills till she clocks 18 or above. Seriously, the downy guy's family weren't fair. They won't do that to their daughter.

I just hope Human right or any association attached to this case see to her welfare and that of her baby. Kudos to the activist else we will keep saying... Na wa o without any action.

1 Like

Re: 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) by OdiaI(f): 3:16pm On Feb 03, 2019
haladadon:

you can't go back to school until your baby is grown, and can take care f itself.

r do you want them to take a house maid. another punishment.

you don't know what pregnancy is so don't comment.

Lol, your last line is not necessary. Thanks for your first sentence though, I see where you are coming from.
Re: 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) by Yankiss(m): 3:17pm On Feb 03, 2019
Me observed that she looked happier in the first picture with her man. The emphasis on Down syndrome may get you people on the way of the anti-discrimination law. The issue is, the girl hasn't reached age of consent. Down syndrome here or up syndrome there ought not to be emphasized.
Re: 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 03, 2019
Born2Breed:
The girl is a nursing mother, who got pregnant at a tender age and the man with special needs decided to marry her despite her situation.

The man did no wrong, infact both of them are doing each other favour.

I can't believe a woman actually said this.
There is always a marriage stigma that comes to girls who get pregnant at home, but this is terrible. Why give her to a 56-year-old? With down syndrome? At the age of 15? Chai.
Re: 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) by hizeeksheun(m): 3:29pm On Feb 03, 2019
1 fucking extra chromosome

1 Like

Re: 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 03, 2019
dominique:
Do they intend to follow this up to ensure the girl remains with her parents? If the dust settles, she could be sent back to her husband. From my understanding, If a lady's bride price has been paid in that part of the country, the family owns her except the bride price is returned.
Not necessarily. It's not a do or die affair. If she's taken out of the environment, she can move on with her life and forget the wicked family that paid her bride price.

It may only be a problem if she wants to get Married again. It all depends on the particular custom in their town, but I'm sure if her intended pays the man's family back, they can go ahead.
Re: 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) by Chubhie: 3:32pm On Feb 03, 2019
computergeek:
I can't believe a woman actually said this.
There is always a marriage stigma that comes to girls who get pregnant at home, but this is terrible. Why give her to a 56-year-old? With down syndrome? At the age of 15? Chai.
Where are people getting the 56 year old from? This report expressly stated 25 year old importer from Eko.
Re: 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 03, 2019
martineverest:
exactly the same thing dat came to my mind...I don't support underaged marriage.but that lady look older than 18 and he story went haywire because the man has down syndrome,which is discriminatory.

the '16 year-old and out-of-wedlock baby' story was formulated to hide the discriminatory attitude towards the down syndrome man
Hypocrite. She's 15 and even if she was an adult, she was forced into the marriage.

Don't worry. Shey you're in support. I prophesy unto your life. May you accept it when your 26-year-old daughter tells you she wants to marry a 56-year-old man with down syndrome, since you feel it's okay for someone else's daughter.
Re: 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 03, 2019
haladadon:
downs syndrome guy needs love too.

no slay queen will marry the downs syndrome guy.

note: a down syndrome guy can look older than his age.
Hypocrite. The girl was "forced" into the marriage, at the age of 15. Your comment makes me sick.

Don't worry. Shey you're in support. I prophesy unto your life. May you accept it when your 15-year-old daughter tells you she wants to marry a 56-year-old man with down syndrome, since you feel it's okay for someone else's daughter.
Re: 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) by porshie(f): 3:40pm On Feb 03, 2019
please those in support of this wicked act should release their sisters to down syndrome patients all over the world.

case closed

*spits*
Re: 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) by martineverest(m): 3:44pm On Feb 03, 2019
computergeek:
Hypocrite. She's 15 and even if she was an adult, she was forced into the marriage.

Don't worry. Shey you're in support. I prophesy unto your life. May you accept it when your 26-year-old daughter tells you she wants to marry a 56-year-old man with down syndrome, since you feel it's okay for someone else's daughter.
u are such a Dumbo....did u read my comment with comprehension?
Re: 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) by Ayobami7(m): 3:52pm On Feb 03, 2019
Nice
Re: 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) by AMvanquish: 3:56pm On Feb 03, 2019
Omudia11:
Since it happened in the south, didn't you see everyone speaking against it and have even returned her to her parents?

If it was in the north won't you all support it? When Senator Yerima married a 13year old, didn't you people support him? Wasn't it Southerners that spoke against it?

Oga. Emphasis is on it happens in the south too. Infact , it happens in most very rural parts of Nigeria. Just because Northerners don't come online to speak against it does not mean we support it..
And how did we support yerima?? You think I would want my sister married off at 13yrs.
You guys stereotype alot and that is not cool...

2 Likes

Re: 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) by Midastorch(m): 4:05pm On Feb 03, 2019
Born2Breed:

There is nothing wrong with people with special need if only you've had the opportunity to relate with them. Your problem is the man disability not the girls age.

Otedola's son has special needs and I know people like you who types before you think will beg your under age sister to marry him.

I don’t have any problems with any autistic or Down syndrome individuals....the girl is small she’s not even up to 18....you can have the otedola slowpoke to yourself.... apologies to all mentally informed persons...
Re: 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) by Born2Breed(f): 4:07pm On Feb 03, 2019
Midastorch:

I don’t have any problems with any autistic or Down syndrome individuals....the girl is small she’s not even up to 18....you can have the otedola slowpoke to yourself.... apologies to all mentally informed persons...

Please give him to your sister.
Re: 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) by Fantazy(m): 4:18pm On Feb 03, 2019
Atleast it seems the girl is even happy
why not let their union be
Re: 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) by Enugupikin: 4:26pm On Feb 03, 2019
this Anambala almajiriis again... osagyefo98 your people are a very big disgrace to SE ...you guys needed to be merged with your brothers up north...
Re: 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) by IjebuWarrior: 4:28pm On Feb 03, 2019
CaptainGOOD:
Now this is for the yorubas u were shouting and making the former post tribal,
U have seen that IGBOS are educated and civilized they don't support that kind of marriage ,
but If it were in Hausa land, nobody will be bothered, in fact it is a normal thing that happens there everyday

If it were in Yoruba they would look for a way to twist the story just to support the marriage.

Kudos to the people that fought to bring this girl back

Utter Nonsense! You Okoro pple will do anything for $$$. Yorubas value cultural norms and ethics and would never endanger anyone in the name of $$$.

1 Like

Re: 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) by ogenyi1: 4:30pm On Feb 03, 2019
Enugu is cursed slaves to Anambra people. Ask Michael cheesy

[s]
Enugupikin:
this Anambala almajiriis again... osagyefo98 your people are a very big disgrace to SE ...you guys needed to be merged with your brothers up north...
[/s]

Re: 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 03, 2019
martineverest:
u are such a Dumbo....did u read my comment with comprehension?
Comprehension is a big word for an uneducated asshole like you.
Re: 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) by CaptainGOOD: 4:31pm On Feb 03, 2019
IjebuWarrior:

[s]Utter Nonsense! You Okoro pple will do anything for $$$. Yorubas value cultural norms and ethics and would never endanger anyone in the name of $$$[/s].

Trash! Afonja and evil are like 5 and 6
Re: 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) by IjebuWarrior: 4:36pm On Feb 03, 2019
CaptainGOOD:

Trash! Afonja and evil are like 5 and 6

Like how you pple kill ur mothers and fathers for money, abi? undecided
Re: 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) by Afritop(m): 4:41pm On Feb 03, 2019
And we will be blaming the North for underage marriage. Not knowing that our brothers in the East are doing theirs in secret
Re: 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) by CaptainGOOD: 4:46pm On Feb 03, 2019
IjebuWarrior:

Like how you pple kill ur mothers and fathers for money, abi? undecided

Like how u killed ur parents and siblings and mined their skull for money
Re: 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) by saucemanny(m): 4:47pm On Feb 03, 2019
Fishermancom:
Update: 15-year-old nursing mother married off to man with down syndrome in Anambra has been returned to her parents
15-year-old girl, Miss Chinwe, that was recently married off to an older man, Izuchukwu Igwilo, from Anambra state, has been rescued.
Last week, there was a public outcry on all media platforms after photos from the introduction ceremony of Chinwe and Izuchukwu surfaced online.
Activist, Prince Harrison Gwamnishu, who championed the course for Chinwe to be rescued, gave an update on Saturday. According to the Gwamnishu, Chinwe who is 15 going on 16, has a six-month old baby and she has been taken back to her parents' house. He also stated that on Monday February 4th, she will be officially handed over to the Anambra state Ministry of Women Affairs.

''I promise to #RetrieveChinwe and I kept to my promise.
#Correction: Her baby is six months old and not one year. Igwilo's family married a nursing mother.
#Handed over to Ministry of Women and Child Welfare Anambra State.
Thanks to Commissioner Ministry of Women and Child Welfare Anambra State, Barr. Ajuebor Favour Kene Ezika Efficient Grace Ume Anwulika E. Udanoh Young Boss and Nigeria Police Anambra command for their quick response.
They alleged Izuchukwu Igwilo is 25yrs old and a Business man base in Lagos
The mantle has been handed over to the ministry. They are trained and strongly believe they will deliver.
Thank you great family for your prayers. The struggle continues to end CHILD MARRIAGE and abuse of the girl child '' he wrote

Update: 15-year-old nursing mother married off to man with down syndrome in Anambra has been returned to her parents
Chinwe and her baby pictured above with activist, Harrison Gwamnishu

Update: 15-year-old nursing mother married off to man with down syndrome in Anambra has been returned to her parentsUpdate: 15-year-old nursing mother married off to man with down syndrome in Anambra has been returned to her parentsUpdate: 15-year-old nursing mother married off to man with down syndrome in Anambra has been returned to her parents

https://vipsglobal..com/2019/02/update-15-year-old-nursing-mother.html

illiterate people of igboland
Re: 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) by mechanics(m): 4:52pm On Feb 03, 2019
Better.
Re: 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) by martineverest(m): 4:54pm On Feb 03, 2019
computergeek:
Comprehension is a big word for an uneducated asshole like you.
thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Goes For Photoshoot With Her Father; He Outshines her (photo) / Martha, The Pregnant Lady Commits Suicide After Husband Caught Her With A Pastor / Mother Of Six Paraded For Sleeping With Her Neighbor (pix, Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.