Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

4mula22's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 4mula22's Profile / 4mula22's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (of 6 pages)

Travel / Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 4mula22(m): 3:05pm On Jan 17, 2018
IMMI Grant Notification...!

TIMELINE STORYLINE:

Jan 2016: MSC in the UK. BAE travellled from the UK to Canada for a conference. Met a total stranger that told her about Australia's 476 visa. BAE did her research and alerted me immediately. BAE was done with studies so BAE went back to naija.

June 2016: Graduation

July 2016: first IELTS... 7, 8.5, 8, 7 L R W S
July 2017: BAE's IELTS... 7,7,8,8.5 L R W S

July 2016 BAE applied for 476 visa. Grant received in October 2016.

Sept 2016: I Applied for 476 visa. Grant received on 20th Sept 2016

Sept 2016: I went back to naija from UK

Nov 2016: met BAE's parents.

3rd Dec 2016: got married to BAE. BAE is now WIFEY.

28th Dec 2016: I and WIFEY left Abuja for Melbourne.
30th Dec 2016: arrived Melbourne.

Feb 2017: submitted EA assessment

March 2017: EA CO contact to provide another CDR.

April 2017: submitted a 2nd CDR.
April 2017: EA Assessment outcome.... Engineering Technologist. That was a big blow.

8 June 2017: WIFEY submitted EA assessment
15 June 2017: EA CO contact to provide an updated CV.
20 June 2017: WIFEY's EA assessment outcome... professional Mechanical Engineer. Chai... diaris God ooo

July 2017: WIFEY's 2nd IELTS... 9,8.5,8,7.5 R L S W
July 2017: WIFEY ported to PTE... 90,84,82,79. R L S W. 20 points in the bag

3rd Aug 2017: EOI lodged for 189. 70 points, Mechanical Engineering. Principal applicant?... WIFEY. Bit at least I contributed 5 points and was her cheerleader coach.

9 August 2017: ITA received for 189
11 August 2017: application submitted, medical and all necessary documents attached.

12 Sept 2017: CO contact to provide polio vaccination or certificate. Uploaded same day. We thought it wasn't necessary since we were already in Australia.

29 Dec 2017: last working day of the year. Last working hour of the day. IMMI Grant Notification received for me and WIFEY!!

It's been a sweet ride. Best friend turned BAE. BAE turned WIFEY. WIFEY turned knight in shining armour!!

I wanna thank all those that contributed positively to this thread. Special shout to Mamajaz and Bellong.

Although it's coming late, someone might be gingered for the rest of their journey to Aussie.

May the Lord God bless y'all real good.

19 Likes 1 Share

Travel / Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 4mula22(m): 3:26pm On Nov 08, 2017
skibby:
hello everyone, me and my family are planning to apply for 476 visa which is for 18 months, I want to know if it is easy to change to to another visa type (189, 190 or 489) before the 476 visa elapse. Thanks

It all depends on how fast you want it to be. It's very possible as so many engineers go through that route. It's perhaps the cheapest and easiest way to get into the country. Just get the necessary documents and submit an EOI ASAP.

If you can submit an EOI, get invited and submit an application before the 18 months visa expires, you'll automatically be granted a bridging visa pending the outcome of your application.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Travel / Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by 4mula22(m): 1:29pm On Nov 03, 2017
FYI

Cheap flights here. I used same route to Melbourne and I had no issues. I paid 300k for a one-way ticket from Abuja to Melbourne.
Those of you coming to Melbourne you might not need IOM afterall.
Hint: You may wanna have a handful of snacks in your hand luggage.

https://www.travelstart.com.ng

May the Melbourne community continue to grow.
#Nairabourne

*Disclaimer*

5 Likes

Travel / Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by 4mula22(m): 11:43am On Sep 13, 2017
I'm on 476 and I travelled with a one way ticket, alongside several others. As long as your intended stay is more than a year.

I hope this helps

All the best!

Taofiq01:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

Hello everyone

First let me hail everyone that has contributed to this thread, either by asking the right questions or giving the answers. Got great deal of info on here.

Now to my issue (s)

I got my 476 some few months back but couldn't travel immediately cause of NYSC. Now I'm ready but having issues deciding what type of flight ticket to book (one way or return)

I'd personally prefer one way but apparently I might not be allowed to board the plane from Nigeria cause I don't have student visa nor do I have a PR ( although I can use the visa to study or work). Therefore here goes my question,

* How true is this?? Not being able to travel to Australia with one way flight ticket.

* And if it true, how do I get a cheap return ticket? (I'm not planning on returning anyway)

Furthermore, I'm planning on going to Melbourne first, how can meet up with Nigerians over there?

1 Like

Travel / Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 4mula22(m): 3:14am On Sep 05, 2017
I just saw this... and I've been in Melbourne for 9 months now.
Please feel free to send me a pm if it ain't too late.

lalaazo:
Dear e-family,
Just booked an air ticket for a family of 3 with IOM; amounting to NGN 1,029,663.94 to Melbourne, Victoria. Should be arriving in few weeks from now. I would appreciate any assistance from anyone within this area to assist in showing us the ropes. For accommodation, I am considering a BnB till we get a place but I really dont mind if anyone could be of help in this regard.
***IOM delivered in 4days after my first mail.
I am open to suggestions from every corner. Thanks all
Travel / Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 4mula22(m): 1:11pm On Jan 24, 2017
jamson:

send me a PM pls
Sent
Travel / Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 4mula22(m): 12:41am On Jan 24, 2017
Hello house

Writing a CDR for EA has proven to be more challenging than I thought it would be. Could anyone help me with a sample CDR? I'm a Mechanical Engineer, but a sample from any engineering discipline will be highly appreciated.

PS: I arrived Melbourne about a month ago and so far it has been good. Yet to get a job (casual, part time, or professional), but I'm working on it. Accommodation and transportation are relatively expensive. The weather is okay although it fluctuates a lot. Aussies hail from all over the world with the Brits and Asians dominating (relative population). I'm yet to discover a Nigerian network or community here (well, I'm indoors most times). So if you're in Melbourne or any other part of Australia, Holla @ me. I'll be happy to connect.

cc: Bellong, Bnimz, Mctowel, Ibiyemiara, Ifexsco

1 Like

Travel / Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 4mula22(m): 1:17am On Dec 31, 2016
Hey pals

Compliments of the season.

I arrived Melbourne yesterday and settled for a temporary accommodation.

Just a quick question... What's the best place to convert currency in Melbourne?
I didn't do it at the airport.

1 Like

Travel / Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 4mula22(m): 7:48am On Dec 19, 2016
bellong:

If you are single, your best bet for now is use a backpacker. Google backpacker in Melbourne and book for about three to four days.

I'm married. 2 weeks old. smiley
Been using flatmates and Gumtree but sometimes accommodations are not as advertised. Best to have someone on ground to check them out. Them been do me strong thing for UK.
Travel / Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 4mula22(m): 6:58am On Dec 19, 2016
@bellong
I don try my best but it seems it ain't enough. So I had to cry out.
Travel / Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 4mula22(m): 6:56am On Dec 19, 2016
Bnimz:

Student, PR or 476?

476. Will work on pr when I land
Travel / Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 4mula22(m): 11:56pm On Dec 18, 2016
Hello house
I'm due to land in Melbourne Australia in a week and I'm still trying to figure out accommodation. I'd love to avoid hotel bills as much as possible.
Can anyone help a brother out? Is it possible to secure accommodation from Nigeria?
Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 4mula22(m): 5:45am On Oct 07, 2016
Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 4mula22(m): 5:44am On Oct 07, 2016
Solitin40:

cheapflights.com.ng
Mytrip.com
Tripsta.com
Travelocity.com

Thanks
Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 4mula22(m): 10:09pm On Oct 06, 2016
Please how do I get affordable flight tickets to australia in January 2017? Any hint/tips?
Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 4mula22(m): 10:25pm On Oct 03, 2016
WestAfrican:

Www.seek.com.au
Www.manpower.com.au
There are few other job sites to help you.
For now, job should be your priority instead of location. After 6month to a year of work and you like moving or have better opportunity then you go for it.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate.

1 Like

Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 4mula22(m): 6:54pm On Oct 03, 2016
Hello everyone

I have been reading through this thread and I am in page 20 at the moment. I intend to read through but it's painstakingly painstaking.

For those who have appreciable knowledge of Australia, please what is the best region to move to as a new migrant in terms of jobs and accommodation? I will be moving to Australia soon and I have no idea where to begin to look. I studied engineering so I'll be searching for engineering or similar jobs. I intend applying for my pr as soon as I settle in.

I will really appreciate any help and advice I can get.

Thanks
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by 4mula22(m): 8:23am On May 28, 2016
So I got an email from our dearest NLNG stating that the process has been concluded and their final email will be issued on Monday the 2nd. I checked my calendar for Monday the 2nd and it would have been 2nd May 2016 or 2nd January 2017 or....

And I woke up from my dream this morning, disappointed.

I guess #thewait just started for me...

4 Likes

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by 4mula22(m): 1:10pm On May 07, 2016
The wait...

I look forward to new episodes of Game of Thrones every week.

Indeed, Winter is coming... Whether in this season or next.

1 Like

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by 4mula22(m): 3:13pm On Mar 06, 2016
Dfavouredone:

Thanks for the confirmation.

I needed to ask you that question openly bcoz some few other people are yet be reimbursed but are skeptical about contacting NLNG.

If you don't mind, u can share ur experience from contacting them till they finally reimburse you for those guys yet to be reimbursed to take a cue.

I contacted them via mail and followed up with a call. Well.... Several calls till I got tired and left them alone. I got an alert thereafter.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by 4mula22(m): 9:08am On Mar 06, 2016
Dfavouredone:
4mula22

Nice to hear from you.

Have NLNG reimburse you after you contacted them?

They did.

How's everything? Have you heard from our people?
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by 4mula22(m): 11:50pm On Mar 05, 2016
Worldwide, 128.1 MTPA of liquefaction capacity was under construction as of the first quarter of 2015. The majority of capacity is being constructed in Australia (57.6 MTPA) and the US (44.1 MTPA). Additional projects are under construction in Russia (16.5 MTPA), Malaysia (7.0 MTPA), Indonesia (2.5 MTPA) and Colombia (0.5 MTPA).
Australia is already a major source of LNG in 2014, it was the third largest LNG capacity holder, behind Qatar and Indonesia. It will be the predominant source of new liquefactioncapacityover the next five years. Seven projects are under construction in the country and all are expected online before 2018.

Those are people that mean business.

I will continue to pray for Nigeria everyday.....

6 Likes

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by 4mula22(m): 8:29pm On Jan 26, 2016
ItsTime4me:
Just trying to do a bit of comparison between this thread and the one for 2007. Seems like we have more 'supposed successful' followers here than they had on the 2007 thread. Well, kudos to all who received the mails, however the content. We are all superb. Everyone that reached the AC is irrefutably good. I respect one and all of you. # I still believe in Jah's undeserved kindness

2007.... My early university years.... People been still dey learn how to browse.

Abi na Nokia 3310 u wan take post for nairaland?

1 Like

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by 4mula22(m): 7:40pm On Jan 26, 2016
okoope:
Is anyone yet to receive the reimbursement?

Me!
Me!
Me!
Me!
Me!
Me!
Me!
Me!
Me!
Me!
Me!
Me!

I just tire
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by 4mula22(m): 9:16pm On Jan 25, 2016
So what happens to our transport refund?
The economy needs that money shaaa....

1 Like

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by 4mula22(m): 12:58am On Dec 09, 2015
cashme28:

08039074000. Ask to be re-directed to HR dept

Thanks.
Will definitely call them tomorrow
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by 4mula22(m): 8:44pm On Dec 08, 2015
DeeBlacque:

I'm yet to get my t-fare, too.

Sent a mail about a month after the assessment centre and I'm yet to receive even an acknowledgement. I decided not to bother sending further mails, cos I didn't seem to find any reason why I'd get a response if there wasn't any for the initial one sent.

Same here. I intend calling them as soon as I can get a hold of their number. There should be some sort of explanation cos I made sure I activated my account and I still receive alerts.

1 Like

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by 4mula22(m): 7:21pm On Dec 06, 2015
whatsupguys:
How far with pH guys and their T-fare sef?

That's my main concern right now...
Why haven't they paid me and some Ph guys the T-fare?
These days I check my account balance even more than I check my mail...
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by 4mula22(m): 5:24am On Oct 27, 2015
DeeBlacque:

I also haven't been re-imbursed.

Did you do your AC in Port Harcourt?
Is there any PH AC candidate that has been reimbursed?
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by 4mula22(m): 8:29pm On Oct 26, 2015
Nobody is talking about transportation refund anymore... or am I the only one left?

Please how can I get across to them? I want to call them asap.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by 4mula22(m): 5:38pm On Oct 08, 2015
DeeBlacque:
iro the transportation fare reimbursement, is there anyone yet to receive his/hers?

I haven't got mine yet. Is there any other person who hasn't been reimbursed?
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by 4mula22(m): 9:21am On Jun 14, 2015
I really missed the days of naijahotjobs. What happened to them anyway?

I went through Shell Recruitment Day in 2013 and gave enough hint from A-Z, cos I knew that if you ain't capable, you'll still flop.

It is one thing for candidates to refuse to give hints.... and another for some MOD to be deleting comments unnecessarily. The later is just an abuse of power.

Some MOD just playing God here, and soon enough we will lose the essence of this forum.

If you like delete this comment and ban me for life. I really don't care!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (of 6 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.