Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,181 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) (44907 Views)

Zambian Currency Is Now Best In Africa After We Voted In A Good Leader. / Pictures From The Inauguration Of Hakainde Hichilema, Zambian New President / Zambia's First Lady Takes 25 Man Team To Receive 4 Used Fire Trucks In U.S.A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by bigiyaro(m): 11:06pm On Feb 03, 2019
OP, even the 1985 truck is in far more better shape than your country's best fire truck.
Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by iswallker(m): 11:06pm On Feb 03, 2019
You cant sit in Zambia and receive technology-or you think those trucks are self driving... undecided

The asian American lady though.... shocked
Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by uuzba(m): 11:15pm On Feb 03, 2019
dvdwed:
That's Africa for you. I asked myself if Nigerians would ever protest against election rigging the way we see it in Venezuela, and will the police force be ever loyal to the people.
You see, because people have villages to run to, they feel they can mess up or corrupt the Democratic processes, steal some money, bribe villagers and gain a local chieftaincy title. Be hailed as big hero!!!
When all the villages are removed, there with be nobody to prove anything to..no. Chieftaincy title to gain. Then we will sit up and realise that we are all responsible for democracy to work. Then we will be like Venezuela.
Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by tayor3(m): 11:23pm On Feb 03, 2019
dvdwed:
That's Africa for you. I asked myself if Nigerians would ever protest against election rigging the way we see it in Venezuela, and will the police force be ever loyal to the people.
not in dis generation.
Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by McAausim: 11:24pm On Feb 03, 2019
shocked

So I ask, would it not have been better using the expenses of have 25 persons in US for a period of 2 weeks to buy brand new fire trucks?

Who has bewitched Africa? cry

Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by ogbonti: 11:25pm On Feb 03, 2019
Teewhy2:
Sometimes you can't but wonder if there is an issue with the black skin when you hear somethings, I won't be surprised that the people meant to operate those trucks didn't go along so that they will know the basics of the vehicles but people who will be there are more of politicians and the maids.

I have a feeling this trip is a racket to get US visas for the spouses of some highly connected Zambians.... their better half’s are already in the US, so First Lady is delivering them as diplomatic packages to their US resident spouses who may not have their greeen cards yet, if you know, you know!

Let’s see how may of these “servants” will return with her to Zambia
Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by Chinashopping84: 11:34pm On Feb 03, 2019
rubbish
Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by toprealman: 11:37pm On Feb 03, 2019
I blame the US embassy for allowing this shit. People traveling for good reasons.... medical, education, conferences etc, are denied visa. Yet crap like this gets at least 2yrs multiple visa
Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by musicwriter(m): 11:43pm On Feb 03, 2019
ElChidi:
There's a fundamental problem with the black man

There's nothing fundamentally wrong with the black man. I used to hold that opinion until I did my research.

However, if you're really interested, be informed that Europeans have placed a curse on us through hundreds of years of control which imposed a foreign language, education, religion on us. In essence they imposed their culture on us and left, but its not compatible with us. That's why you see these weird behaviors that we now have. We act this way because we now have experiences that don't belong to us.

The other day, I saw youths competing in a BBNaija audition selection to go run naked on live TV in South Africa. There's no way we would have done so, if we were ourselves.

''The secret Europeans discovered early in their history is that culture carries rules for thinking, and that if you could impose your culture on your victims, you could limit the creativity of their vision, destroying their ability to act with will and intent and in their own interest.''........... Marimba Ani.

While we have removed the chains on our feet but the chains (language, education, religion) on our minds, we have not removed.

Intellectual slavery; the worst legacy of colonialism https://www.nairaland.com/4595660/intellectual-slavery-worst-legacy-colonialism

2 Likes

Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by handsomeyitayo(m): 11:50pm On Feb 03, 2019
I just dey observe......

Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by Nobody: 12:10am On Feb 04, 2019
Africans are cursed with the crab mentality.

I can't understand how a group of people will willingly want to chain and enslave themselves physically and mentally.

This is beyond melanin pigment overproduction because even the bleached ones act dumber.

Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by JaceBlaze: 12:10am On Feb 04, 2019
The begging continent,never accomplished shìt,never will accomplish shìt.Just imagine an entourage travelling all the way to America for 4 rusty fire trucks.

Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by LeanonGOD(m): 12:10am On Feb 04, 2019
You are absolutely right - you know Africans very WELL.
Teewhy2:
Sometimes you can't but wonder if there is an issue with the black skin when you hear somethings, I won't be surprised that the people meant to operate those trucks didn't go along so that they will know the basics of the vehicles but people who will be there are more of politicians and the maids.
Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by Whoeppme(m): 12:18am On Feb 04, 2019
The firetrucks no be bad idea,

What I don't get is the � team 25 persons just to go collect fire truck?

Haha....

Africa why?
grin grin cry cry
Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by marabout(m): 1:00am On Feb 04, 2019
RTSC:
No wonder, American citizens see Africa as a country and don't care to know better.

SMH .

I am sure those white guys would laugh in their closet that an African First Lady came all the way to America to get 4 fire trucks as donation.
They will think that we're that poor in Africa.
Not knowing that the first lady will do shopping worth more than those 4 tokunbo trucks while in USA.
Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by Kennydoc(m): 1:05am On Feb 04, 2019
Cacawa2:
this may have included a management team that went for training

They were mostly cooks, waitresses, bedroom assistant, cleaner, staff officers, photographers, reporters and of course body guards or trained military personnel.
Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by marabout(m): 1:08am On Feb 04, 2019
JaceBlaze:
The begging continent,never accomplished shìt,never will accomplish shìt.Just imagine an entourage travelling all the way to America for 4 rusty fire trucks.

We need to get a new generation of people with fire in the belly, angry at our subservient nature, willing to progress and sweep away the dinosaur fossils in charge now.

But most youth have been defeated, cowered, given poor orientation that quick money by any mean is more important.
No genuine national identity or patriotism.

You're a Yoruba, an Igbo, an Hausa, an Izon, an Edo, a Berom, Tiv, Kanuri and so on First. Then a Christian or Muslim then maybe thirdly a Nigerian.
We cannot succeed this way.
Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by planetx: 1:43am On Feb 04, 2019
Stupid senseless comments all over the place, if you hate being an African get a pistol put it in your mouth and blow your worthless brain to kingdom come.
Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by Inspectahdeck(m): 3:46am On Feb 04, 2019
Estacode my brother.

MaziOmenuko:
Were they planning to tow the trucks back to Lusaka? Couldn't they stay back and have it delivered to them and then they could do all the Snapchat in their own country?
Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by tolani4real: 3:57am On Feb 04, 2019
chiteny:
It may come as a personal feeling, but i can't help but think Africa is cursed with a leadership problem.

The news has it that 24 persons plus the wife of the president First Lady Esther Lungu, totalling 25 in number went to Los Angeles to receive the donation of 4 fire trucks. The entourage were also meant to spend 2 weeks in the US. They were mostly cooks, waitresses, bedroom assistant, cleaner, staff officers, photographers, reporters and of course body guards or trained military personnel.

Information about the truck indicated that they were not brand new trucks. These were trucks that have served the US for decades. Their commissioning years were in 1985, 1995, and 1996.

So i ask, would it not have been better using the expenses of have 25 persons in US for a period of 2 weeks to buy brand new fire trucks?

Who has bewitched Africa?

Of course there was the up roar, but just give it a matter of days, or maybe hours the whole issue would be forgotten. There will be no massive protests or rejection of this move by the government of the day. This is the same with Nigeria. cry cry

https://www.lusakatimes.com/2019/01/16/stop-first-lady-from-travelling-to-us-to-receive-four-fire-trucks-laura-miti-ask-us-envoy-to-zambia/

Same like government of my country that will commission a transformer or borehole.
Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by Princedapace(m): 4:19am On Feb 04, 2019
ElChidi:
There's a fundamental problem with the black man

Oh, na now our eyes dey open? Take a look at south Africa.. That country would av become a first world country if whites were allowed to continue ruling..

But since blacks took over, blacks are getting poorer. The country keep sliding down to third world country.

Blacks have a curse placed on them. It is a race that has been dominated.
Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by IronGalaxy: 5:01am On Feb 04, 2019
Princedapace:

Oh, na now our eyes dey open? Take a look at south Africa.. That country would av become a first world country if whites were allowed to continue ruling..

But since blacks took over, blacks are getting poorer. The country keep sliding down to third world country.

Typical Naija mindset

2 Likes

Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by JaceBlaze: 5:24am On Feb 04, 2019
Princedapace:

were the blacks richer under white rule? I would really like to hear the answer to this one

2 Likes

Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by IronGalaxy: 5:34am On Feb 04, 2019
JaceBlaze:
were the blacks richer under white rule? I would really like to hear the answer to this one
good question.they never miss an opportunity to praise white people Nigerians smh. Some idiot on another thread attributed the greenery of our villages to whites. Imagine!

3 Likes

Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by JaceBlaze: 5:51am On Feb 04, 2019
IronGalaxy:
good question.they never miss an opportunity to praise white people Nigerians smh. Some idiot on another thread attributed the greenery of our villages to whites. Imagine!
Those Extremely hot west African temperatures must be melting their brains.

3 Likes

Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by tillaman(m): 6:21am On Feb 04, 2019
This isn’t the Zambia Kenneth Kaounda ruled, No wonder the Americans keeps thinking Africa is a country
Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by planetx: 6:23am On Feb 04, 2019
Princedapace:

You are really dumb just like all the other morons that thinks like you. SA is actually doing better under black majority rule, unlike before when only the tiny white minority was enjoying the country's wealth now the government has to cater to every body including mIlliions of unproductive African immigrants fleering from their countries. You people are really dumb and ignorant with this white worshipping mentality, I doubt if you people have ever traveled to live with this your white god and see that they are not really better than you and actually see that they dont lIke you. It's ridiculous when you find Africans start throwing around white supremacist talking points like blacks where better of under colonialism, apartheid or that slavery was a benefit to Africans. Why are you people this dumb and unintelligent.

2 Likes

Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by Belmot(m): 6:36am On Feb 04, 2019
Here is another one.
Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by Princedapace(m): 7:37am On Feb 04, 2019
planetx:
You are really dumb just like all the other morons that thinks like you. SA is actually doing better under black majority rule, unlike before when only the tiny white minority was enjoying the country's wealth now the government has to cater to every body including mIlliions of unproductive African immigrants fleering from their countries. You people are really dumb and ignorant with this white worshipping mentality, I doubt if you people have ever traveled to live with this your white god and see that they are not really better than you and actually see that they dont lIke you. It's ridiculous when you find Africans start throwing around white supremacist talking points like blacks where better of under colonialism, apartheid or that slavery was a benefit to Africans. Why are you people this dumb and unintelligent.

Guy, u are the most stupid human being i have ever seen. One of the problems of black race is sentiments..

Blacks are great people why are u all running to developed countries to survive? Was in Germany few years back and the number of black people there was intimidating..

Germans even think African is a country.. Blacks are good, why are ur people dying in meditetian sea trying to escape the black barbaric leadership and economic hardship?

Blacks and Asians were also colonized, but today, majority of the Asian countries are miles and miles ahead of the entire black race..

blacks are great when Ebola hit this region, we all started begging the whites to help us produce vaccine against Ebola. What stopped us from producing it?

I can go on and on. No one stopped u all from developing. What has stopped u black countries from developing? What has made black race the most traveled race in the world, always running away from their homeland?

From the clothe u wear to the language u use to write, they are all not yours. Humble bro, black is a defeated race. I used to ask those who cared to listen, if we were that strong, we would have gone over to colonize whites instead of them coming to colonize us.

Na who strong pass u dey colonize u, abi no be so? I don't even want to talk about the number of blacks who die in the desert trying to escape their hardship countries.

Abi the number of blacks running to Canada. What has stopped the entire black countries from fixing their own countries?

Asians have done well for them selves after colonizialism. Japan is a world class country today, China is a top class country today, the list goes on. But black race, especially, west Africa, where u have more blacks than any other race in one region, the region is the head quarters of under-development. My question is, why are u all not fixing ur countries after over 50 years of independence? 99% of all u use are produced by whites and Asians, we sell off our raw materials and they produce stuff and sell the stuff back to us as a higher rate. Is that not madness?

Why didn't we conquer whited and rule them as they did?

1 Like

Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by Princedapace(m): 7:43am On Feb 04, 2019
JaceBlaze:

That is not the issue.. But have u thought about this..

Why were we not the ones to colonize whites? Why were they the ones to colonize us?

That only shows one thing: whites are superior. Na who strong pass u dey rule over u.

As for leadership, blacks can't rule them selves. Since whites left, we have been fighting and killing our selves with no end.

Look at how nigerians kill one another. Is that not crazy? Whatever our differences are, why can't we solve them? Look at some parts of Europe where they had multiple differences, they were sensible enough to separate and allow countries to form nations and govern them selves. Today, they are doing fine. But blacks have been stupid, forcing unity and fighting since after independence. Blacks get sense like this?

Asians who were also colonized have moved on and are far ahead of us. We are still here discussing 20km of road as an achievement. Blacks get problem. To me, it is a cursed race.

2 Likes

Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by Princedapace(m): 7:47am On Feb 04, 2019
IronGalaxy:
Typical Naija mindset

What is the typical here?
Since whites left, we have been killing our selves like sey tomorrow no dey.

Blacks kill one another like no other.. Since they left over 50 years ago, we can't even do anything without their help.

From the medicine u take, to ur clothes, ur wedding, ur culture, yr food, financial aid, etc, we need them to survive..

One of our biggest problems is sentiments. Until we accept that we can't rule our selves, we will continue like this..

Now, answer this question, what has stopped us from developing at least to the level of the Asians? Pls don't say leadership. If leadership is the problem, why have we not solved that problem since? The truth is that blacks can't rule themsleves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ / Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals / Taliban Honours Suicide Bombers Who Killed US Soldiers In Twisted Ceremony(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.