Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) (44906 Views)

Zambian Currency Is Now Best In Africa After We Voted In A Good Leader. / Pictures From The Inauguration Of Hakainde Hichilema, Zambian New President / Zambia's First Lady Takes 25 Man Team To Receive 4 Used Fire Trucks In U.S.A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by JaceBlaze: 8:26am On Feb 04, 2019
Princedapace:

[s]That is not the issue.. But have u thought about this..

Why were we not the ones to colonize whites? Why were they the ones to colonize us?

That only shows one thing: whites are superior. Na who strong pass u dey rule over u.

As for leadership, blacks can't rule them selves. Since whites left, we have been fighting and killing our selves with no end.

Look at how nigerians kill one another. Is that not crazy? Whatever our differences are, why can't we solve them? Look at some parts of Europe where they had multiple differences, they were sensible enough to separate and allow countries to form nations and govern them selves. Today, they are doing fine. But blacks have been stupid, forcing unity and fighting since after independence. Blacks get sense like this?

Asians who were also colonized have moved on and are far ahead of us. We are still here discussing 20km of road as an achievement. Blacks get problem. To me, it is a cursed race.[/s]
Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by IronGalaxy: 9:20am On Feb 04, 2019
Princedapace:

What is the typical here?
Since whites left, we have been killing our selves like sey tomorrow no dey.

Blacks kill one another like no other.. Since they left over 50 years ago, we can't even do anything without their help.

From the medicine u take, to ur clothes, ur wedding, ur culture, yr food, financial aid, etc, we need them to survive..

One of our biggest problems is sentiments. Until we accept that we can't rule our selves, we will continue like this..

Now, answer this question, what has stopped us from developing at least to the level of the Asians? Pls don't say leadership. If leadership is the problem, why have we not solved that problem since? The truth is that blacks can't rule themsleves.
the answer is in this long response
Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by Codes151(m): 9:27am On Feb 04, 2019
Africa my Africa
Africa my grandmothers .....

I don forget
Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by dnawah(m): 10:43am On Feb 04, 2019
chiteny:
It may come as a personal feeling, but i can't help but think Africa is cursed with a leadership problem.

The news has it that 24 persons plus the wife of the president First Lady Esther Lungu, totalling 25 in number went to Los Angeles to receive the donation of 4 fire trucks. The entourage were also meant to spend 2 weeks in the US. They were mostly cooks, waitresses, bedroom assistant, cleaner, staff officers, photographers, reporters and of course body guards or trained military personnel.

Information about the truck indicated that they were not brand new trucks. These were trucks that have served the US for decades. Their commissioning years were in 1985, 1995, and 1996.

So i ask, would it not have been better using the expenses of have 25 persons in US for a period of 2 weeks to buy brand new fire trucks?

Who has bewitched Africa?

Of course there was the up roar, but just give it a matter of days, or maybe hours the whole issue would be forgotten. There will be no massive protests or rejection of this move by the government of the day. This is the same with Nigeria. cry cry

https://www.lusakatimes.com/2019/01/16/stop-first-lady-from-travelling-to-us-to-receive-four-fire-trucks-laura-miti-ask-us-envoy-to-zambia/
na who i go ask?but wait if each one of them carried $1 million dollars or just 5 kg of coko nko?surprise those trucks will be fill with goodies and they need more hands.
Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by edupedia: 11:42am On Feb 04, 2019
dvdwed:
That's Africa for you. I asked myself if Nigerians would ever protest against election rigging the way we see it in Venezuela, and will the police force be ever loyal to the people.

...there will be no need for election rigging...your Atiku has no hope...
Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by TMKsouth: 1:45am On Feb 05, 2019
Princedapace:

What is the typical here?
Since whites left, we have been killing our selves like sey tomorrow no dey.

Blacks kill one another like no other.. Since they left over 50 years ago, we can't even do anything without their help.

From the medicine u take, to ur clothes, ur wedding, ur culture, yr food, financial aid, etc, we need them to survive..

One of our biggest problems is sentiments. Until we accept that we can't rule our selves, we will continue like this..

Now, answer this question, what has stopped us from developing at least to the level of the Asians? Pls don't say leadership. If leadership is the problem, why have we not solved that problem since? The truth is that blacks can't rule themsleves.

There are different types of blacks just as there are different types of Asians. Think twice next time before dragging South Africans down to your level. Nigeria is the African equivalent of the worst of Asia - - Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh.

SA was doing brilliantly under Mandela, Mbeki and Motlanthe. Joined the G20 and BRICS as proof. Also hosted Africa's only soccer World Cup. cool Zuma was a bleep but we're back on track with Ramaphosa (Mandela's preferred successor). So, we're not in your league - compare Nigeria with Togo and Burundi instead.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by chiteny(m): 4:38am On Feb 05, 2019
litdutchboy:

Not all of us-only the leaders and their brainless low I.Q supporters.

In your statement lies my worry. The leaders of today were the common masses of yesterday. So does it mean this trait is in all of us just waiting to show itself when we get into that place of authority?
Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by chiteny(m): 4:40am On Feb 05, 2019
rahazaqa:
Fake news everywhere, i choose what i believe these days, i don't let anyone do that for me. Believe anything you read or see at your own peril. I am going to find the truth about this for myself. Although i did not counter the OP statement on Africa being bewitched, we are truly cursed.

This is not fake news. I'm not into peddling suck. it was also on a us news channel. CBS new i believe. I will confirm if you want.
Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by chiteny(m): 4:52am On Feb 05, 2019
rahazaqa:
Where does the picture explain the news? Where in the picture is it written that the officials actually came to take 4 fire trucks? What if the OP is misinterpreting the story as we always see on this forum and on social media(Lift Pictures and build story around it to trend). What if it is a partnership/training launch for Firefighters from Zambia? What if the officials came to check their equipments and study their operation so that they can do same in the country?

I do not blame you, you may be one of the new kids on the Internet or maybe you are just a low IQ person.

Don't depend on picture. If you can still read, please click on the links to read the full story yourself. Except you want to say the source is fake too.
Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by chiteny(m): 4:54am On Feb 05, 2019
bigiyaro:
OP, even the 1985 truck is in far more better shape than your country's best fire truck.

Your mentality is what keeps us in this predicament. Look at the larger picture. think outside the box a bit. the cost of have 25 people spend 2 weeks in US can but 4 brand new latest model truck with better equipment and fire fighting abilities.
Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by chiteny(m): 4:57am On Feb 05, 2019
toprealman:
I blame the US embassy for allowing this shit. People traveling for good reasons.... medical, education, conferences etc, are denied visa. Yet crap like this gets at least 2yrs multiple visa

The US is not to be blamed. They are capitalists. They feed on the stupidity of mostly African Countries.
Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by chiteny(m): 5:09am On Feb 05, 2019
Princedapace:

That is not the issue.. But have u thought about this..

Why were we not the ones to colonize whites? Why were they the ones to colonize us?

That only shows one thing: whites are superior. Na who strong pass u dey rule over u.

As for leadership, blacks can't rule them selves. Since whites left, we have been fighting and killing our selves with no end.

Look at how nigerians kill one another. Is that not crazy? Whatever our differences are, why can't we solve them? Look at some parts of Europe where they had multiple differences, they were sensible enough to separate and allow countries to form nations and govern them selves. Today, they are doing fine. But blacks have been stupid, forcing unity and fighting since after independence. Blacks get sense like this?

Asians who were also colonized have moved on and are far ahead of us. We are still here discussing 20km of road as an achievement. Blacks get problem. To me, it is a cursed race.

Try to look into the history of Africa before the colonial masters came. You will see where the problem started.
Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by Princedapace(m): 7:16am On Feb 05, 2019
TMKsouth:

There are different types of blacks just as there are different types of Asians. Think twice next time before dragging South Africans down to your level. Nigeria is the African equivalent of the worst of Asia - - Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh.

SA was doing brilliantly under Mandela, Mbeki and Motlanthe. Joined the G20 and BRICS as proof. Also hosted Africa's only soccer World Cup. cool Zuma was a bleep but we're back on track with Ramaphosa (Mandela's preferred successor). So, we're not in your league - compare Nigeria with Togo and Burundi instead.

Hahahahahahaha. U are funny. It is well. SA would do better under Helen of AC
Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by bigiyaro(m): 9:18am On Feb 05, 2019
chiteny:

Your mentality is what keeps us in this predicament. Look at the larger picture. think outside the box a bit. the cost of have 25 people spend 2 weeks in US can but 4 brand new latest model truck with better equipment and fire fighting abilities.
Guy! let me break it down for you, as at 2016 a fire truck with a ladder and platform cost 1.2 million dollars, a normal fire truck without a pumper cost about 500k-600k, this is the link
h.ttps://ww.w.quora.com/How-m.uch-does-a-firefighter-tr.uck-cost ( remove the dots) Now you are talking about four brand new state of the art latest fire trucks, pls find out the cost the four trucks, cost of maintenance for one year, in addition, state the expenses of the 25 people, including the hotel they lodged, their flight tickets (wether first class or economy) then we will compare and see the one with lower and stuppiidd mentality. don't forget to include the links.
Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by chiteny(m): 10:21pm On Feb 05, 2019
bigiyaro:
Guy! let me break it down for you, as at 2016 a fire truck with a ladder and platform cost 1.2 million dollars, a normal fire truck without a pumper cost about 500k-600k, this is the link
h.ttps://ww.w.quora.com/How-m.uch-does-a-firefighter-tr.uck-cost ( remove the dots) Now you are talking about four brand new state of the art latest fire trucks, pls find out the cost the four trucks, cost of maintenance for one year, in addition, state the expenses of the 25 people, including the hotel they lodged, their flight tickets (wether first class or economy) then we will compare and see the one with lower and stuppiidd mentality. don't forget to include the links.

I am not here to insult but to put records right.
A simple google search for fire trucks gave me the below results:
https://www.firetruckmall.com/AvailableTruck/10875/2018-Sinotruk-6x4-60'-Snorkel
https://www.firetruckmall.com/AvailableTruck/11189/2019-Helie-Freightliner-Elliptical-Tandem-Axle-Tanker?price=0-1200000&year=1950-2020&chassis=Both&brand=All&pumpsize=All&tanksize=All&category=All&warranty=All&region=All&mileage=Any%20Mileage
A 2018 model fire truck costs $150,640. Or better still a 2019 model costs $185,500. Instead of going to receive a 1985 – 1996 model of fire truck with 25 persons, don’t you think a used 2019 model would have been better? My quotes are from a site that sell used fire truck not some discussions from people about how much a fire truck costs. So your figure of $1.2m or $500k-$600k may not be realistic.
Let’s assume a business class ticket for all 25 persons using KLM (which would be the bare minimum for such “African personalities”). Each costs $6,583 on a one way trip. So to and fro for all 25 persons would be $329,150. An average hotel in LA would cost for such dignitaries, if they so choose to keep a low profile (including the “princess”) would be $400 per room per night per person. So for 25 persons for 14 days would be $140,000.

I will stop here. Clearly the cost of flight and hotel accommodation alone, not the food, shopping, transportation within the city etc is about three 2019 model fire truck. And bear in mind that this is a very conservative estimate.

So what was your argument again?
Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by bigiyaro(m): 12:36am On Feb 06, 2019
chiteny:

I am not here to insult but to put records right.
A simple google search for fire trucks gave me the below results:
https://www.firetruckmall.com/AvailableTruck/10875/2018-Sinotruk-6x4-60'-Snorkel
https://www.firetruckmall.com/AvailableTruck/11189/2019-Helie-Freightliner-Elliptical-Tandem-Axle-Tanker?price=0-1200000&year=1950-2020&chassis=Both&brand=All&pumpsize=All&tanksize=All&category=All&warranty=All&region=All&mileage=Any%20Mileage
A 2018 model fire truck costs $150,640. Or better still a 2019 model costs $185,500. Instead of going to receive a 1985 – 1996 model of fire truck with 25 persons, don’t you think a used 2019 model would have been better? My quotes are from a site that sell used fire truck not some discussions from people about how much a fire truck costs. So your figure of $1.2m or $500k-$600k may not be realistic.
Let’s assume a business class ticket for all 25 persons using KLM (which would be the bare minimum for such “African personalities”). Each costs $6,583 on a one way trip. So to and fro for all 25 persons would be $329,150. An average hotel in LA would cost for such dignitaries, if they so choose to keep a low profile (including the “princess”) would be $400 per room per night per person. So for 25 persons for 14 days would be $140,000.

I will stop here. Clearly the cost of flight and hotel accommodation alone, not the food, shopping, transportation within the city etc is about three 2019 model fire truck. And bear in mind that this is a very conservative estimate.

So what was your argument again?
since you are working on assumptions, I will also assume the Zambian air Force one was use for transportation, or the donor sponsored the trip, four brand new trucks will cost $742k. so i find nothing wrong in spending $140k on 4 clean and easier and cheaper to maintain trucks than spending $742k on 4 latest trucks that are costlier and harder to maintain in the long run. do please next time, you should look at things objectively before getting carried away by sentiment, Mr mentality!
Re: Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) by chiteny(m): 8:20am On Feb 06, 2019
bigiyaro:
since you are working on assumptions, I will also assume the Zambian air Force one was use for transportation, or the donor sponsored the trip, four brand new trucks will cost $742k. so i find nothing wrong in spending $140k on 4 clean and easier and cheaper to maintain trucks than spending $742k on 4 latest trucks that are costlier and harder to maintain in the long run. do please next time, you should look at things objectively before getting carried away by sentiment, Mr mentality!

I give up on u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Taliban Honours Suicide Bombers Who Killed US Soldiers In Twisted Ceremony(Pics) / Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People / Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.