Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,638 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread - Car Talk (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread (62973 Views)

5 Best Kept Secrets Your Mechanic Doesn’t Want You To Know / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... / How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Peppermintflav: 9:12pm On Oct 12, 2021
Good day guys. I scanned my colleagues Toyota sienna 2003 and got the following codes.
*The car hesitates to accelerate, even when stationary.

Raw code: 1155
ECU: 10
OBDII: Alternative Fuel Controller

============2==============
P1135
Raw code: 1135
OBDII: Pedal Position Sensor A Circuit Intermittent

============3==============
P0500
Raw code: 0500
OBDII: Vehicle speed sensor (VSS) - circuit malfunction
Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) Circuit Malfunction

============4==============
P0141
Raw code: 0141
OBDII: Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 2, bank 1, heater control - circuit malfunction
Secondary Heated Oxygen Sensor (Secondary HO2S) (Sensor 2) Heater Circuit Malfunction

============5==============
P0110
Raw code: 0110
OBDII: Intake air temperature (IAT) sensor - circuit malfunction

Pls what can be done?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by am4truth(m): 5:45am On Oct 14, 2021
larrixauto2017:
Ask Your Mechanic..

I drive a V6 2004 Toyota Camry Big for nothing and the servicing was done on Saturday last week. I noticed that the engine oil light was showing on Friday night before doing the servicing.
The oil again showed after the servicing. On Sunday morning, the oil didn't show at all. I decided to travel with the car but the engine packed up.
Can I replace the engine with a Sienna V6 engine? Someone is offering me this. Though I would be adding some money, he is also taking my engine.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Dozieson(m): 6:34am On Oct 14, 2021
am4truth:

I drive a V6 2004 Toyota Camry Big for nothing and the servicing was done on Saturday last week. I noticed that the engine oil light was showing on Friday night before doing the servicing.
The oil again showed after the servicing. On Sunday morning, the oil didn't show at all. I decided to travel with the car but the engine packed up.
Can I replace the engine with a Sienna V6 engine? Someone is offering me this. Though I would be adding some money, he is also taking my engine.

My guy go and buy tokunbo engine and have peace of mind. Wahala no good o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by DMechyy: 4:05pm On Oct 19, 2021
Peppermintflav:
Good day guys. I scanned my colleagues Toyota sienna 2003 and got the following codes.
*The car hesitates to accelerate, even when stationary.

Raw code: 1155
OBDII: Alternative Fuel Controller

============2==============
P1135
Raw code: 1135
OBDII: Pedal Position Sensor A Circuit Intermittent

============3==============
P0500
Raw code: 0500
OBDII: Vehicle speed sensor (VSS) - circuit malfunction
Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) Circuit Malfunction

============4==============
P0141
Raw code: 0141
OBDII: Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 2, bank 1, heater control - circuit malfunction
Secondary Heated Oxygen Sensor (Secondary HO2S) (Sensor 2) Heater Circuit Malfunction

============5==============
P0110
Raw code: 0110
OBDII: Intake air temperature (IAT) sensor - circuit malfunction

Pls what can be done?

Does not raise and rpm is high?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Hallenjay: 6:52pm On Oct 19, 2021
recommend a good rewire who has scanner that can help me check what's wrong wit my car around rumuomasi port harcourt

Gazzuzu pyke kingregn.

Kindly suggest who can be of help.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by afesco: 6:01am On Oct 22, 2021
Pls, I need help. I changed d alternator pulley after my mechanic told me to change it but d fan belt cut after five days. I have lost count of d number of fan belts I have changed in few months.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Dozieson(m): 8:13am On Oct 22, 2021
afesco:
Pls, I need help. I changed d alternator pulley after my mechanic told me to change it but d fan belt cut after five days. I have lost count of d number of fan belts I have changed in few months.

You have the answer to your question
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Originakalokalo(m): 12:25pm On Oct 26, 2021
My automatic transmission jerks before changing to gear 2 from gear 1....

I want to see a mechanic this weekend....

It's a Honda Accord 2007.

Kindly help me with what could be wrong.

Thank you all.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Dozieson(m): 12:44pm On Oct 26, 2021
Originakalokalo:
My automatic transmission jerks before changing to gear 2 from gear 1....

I want to see a mechanic this weekend....

Kindly help me with what could be wrong.

Thank you all.

You will only get assumed response here. Just scan and share codes for better help
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Originakalokalo(m): 12:46pm On Oct 26, 2021
Dozieson:

You will only get assumed response here. Just scan and share codes for better help

Okay.

Thanks sir.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by chccho(m): 11:28am On Oct 27, 2021
DominusPrime:
Hi. I drive a corolla 03. Its running smoothly but the issue I have is that it makes this loud, rumbling sound when I'm doing say 50 km/h and above. My mechanic said it was the shocks. I changed all 4 yet the noise persists. I don't know if its and engine problem but the engine runs smoothly when I start the car and no issues while driving at high speeds. The sound is like a high rumbling sound. It disappears when I decelerate and comes back when I'm doing those high speeds again. Any ideas how I can go about this pls?
Go and check the wheel bearings, u might need to replace them
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by bereiweris(m): 12:38pm On Oct 27, 2021
Good day Sir,
my 1999 sienna started by misfiring then due to bad road in my area i parked it for 3weeks after which i noticed starting it was difficult and now if i put it on any gear it wont move and on start up it vibrates alot and if throttled goes off. pls help a brother. Thanks
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Gause: 12:40pm On Oct 27, 2021
Good day Sir, Please my AC fan stopped working after my rewire changed my compressor from a faulty one to a new one,his has tried all he could do but its not working Please any Remedy cry??

Car Model is 2001 Camry Tiny Big(Fish Light),the car is Japan model converted from RHD to LHD
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 27, 2021
chccho:

Go and check the wheel bearings, u might need to replace them

Yes. Very true sir. I replaced them and the noise reduced drastically. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Hallenjay: 1:08pm On Oct 27, 2021
I can't find 5w-20 oil instead I used 5w-40 for my 2010 corrola, is der any problem I shd be worried about?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Dozieson(m): 7:01pm On Oct 27, 2021
Hallenjay:
I can't find 5w-20 oil instead I used 5w-40 for my 2010 corrola, is der any problem I shd be worried about?

Don't think so

1 Like

Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Betterlifesars: 9:38am On Oct 31, 2021
I have a problem with my honda accord 2003 transmission. When engaged in drive, the D light blinks on the dashboard. Immediately the oil was changed from the brownish one in it to a dw1 oil with red cap. The problem still persists with vehicle not even moving forward now backward. Vehicle was then scanned and returned P0756 as result (Shift Solenoid B performance stuck off). The issue at hand now is I need a reliable seller of the Solenoid and possibly the person that can fix it trusted by the seller.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by crystalking: 12:35pm On Nov 12, 2021
Pls on d thread of adding thinner to car fuel..i once did it few months ago, felt like it worked as it seems my my engine's performance was improved, i also advised a friend to do same(feeling cool on my latest discovery)..
So this morning i was about to do it again& was only looking for right quantity to use when i stumbled on this thread & alas! a scary revelation about this practice that "your dashbord will light up like xmas tree"- due to thinner's effect on your 'oxygen sensors'.�
Walahi my dashboard has enough lights to brightening inside@ night ,my speedometer,fuelguage, odometer,horns,etc suddenly stopped working...pls what can i do to rectify this and did all tis happened as a result of my 'wonderful discovery '�
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by ayo84(m): 3:15pm On Nov 12, 2021
Good day, please where can one get a good fairly used battery in Abuja
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Dozieson(m): 3:58pm On Nov 12, 2021
Betterlifesars:
I have a problem with my honda accord 2003 transmission. When engaged in drive, the D light blinks on the dashboard. Immediately the oil was changed from the brownish one in it to a dw1 oil with red cap. The problem still persists with vehicle not even moving forward now backward. Vehicle was then scanned and returned P0756 as result (Shift Solenoid B performance stuck off). The issue at hand now is I need a reliable seller of the Solenoid and possibly the person that can fix it trusted by the seller.

Please what is the update?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by oluyinkavic(m): 7:50pm On Nov 13, 2021
Dear all,

I got an Hyundai elantra 2009 and I noticed the dashboard has no temperature guage, how do I monitor the temperature of the car?

1 Like

Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by adubam(m): 9:19am On Nov 14, 2021
ayo84:
Good day, please where can one get a good fairly used battery in Abuja

There's one guy that supply on JiJi American used. Very good ones.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by ayomilore: 10:21am On Nov 14, 2021
Good afternoon boss.
Please my front right tire is making disturbing noise.
What could be the problem and steering seems to be hard but there is oil in power steering fluid case.

Thanks.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Felakezman(m): 10:33pm On Nov 16, 2021
Pls house how much is steering pump of toyota camry 03 4plug and also lower arm
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Dozieson(m): 6:58am On Nov 17, 2021
Felakezman:
Pls house how much is steering pump of toyota camry 03 4plug and also lower arm

Check jiji
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by 606thearena: 2:34am On Nov 19, 2021
Good morning Nairalanders please I need your advice and opinion . My car Toyotas Camry 010 is tilting to the right once I take my hands off the steering I was told it was alignment I have done it but still the problem persist. I was told buy another person that is vast in cars that it could be the suspension of the car please I need your advice and recommendations.

����
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by sandammy(m): 7:11pm On Nov 21, 2021
Please help in interpreting these codes from my scanner and provide solution

1) P1077-Powertrain

2)P2185-Powetrain
Engine coolant temperature sensor2 Circuit High

I have searched online but doesn't seem to understand them.
Vehicle is a 2007 Civic Japan
Attached is the screenshot of the codes.
cc.DMechyy and other gurus

Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Dozieson(m): 7:54pm On Nov 21, 2021
606thearena:
Good morning Nairalanders please I need your advice and opinion . My car Toyotas Camry 010 is tilting to the right once I take my hands off the steering I was told it was alignment I have done it but still the problem persist. I was told buy another person that is vast in cars that it could be the suspension of the car please I need your advice and recommendations.

����

Swap tyres in front
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Dozieson(m): 7:56pm On Nov 21, 2021
sandammy:
Please help in interpreting these codes from my scanner and provide solution

1) P1077-Powertrain

2)P2185-Powetrain
Engine coolant temperature sensor2 Circuit High

I have searched online but doesn't seem to understand them.
Vehicle is a 2007 Civic Japan
Attached is the screenshot of the codes.
cc.DMechyy and other gurus

Are you having any driving issues?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by chccho(m): 2:49pm On Nov 23, 2021
Pls whats the appropriate Spark plug to use for a 2004 toyota Sequoia and also the most suitable Engine oil type
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by chccho(m): 10:57am On Nov 24, 2021
chccho:
Pls whats the appropriate Spark plug to use for a 2004 toyota Sequoia and also the most suitable Engine oil type
Anyone suggestions
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by oluyinkavic(m): 5:56am On Nov 25, 2021
What is the best oil to service Hyundai elentra 2009.

oluyinkavic:
Dear all,

I got an Hyundai elantra 2009 and I noticed the dashboard has no temperature guage, how do I monitor the temperature of the car?

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply)

Toyota Camry AGL627FT Snatched At Gunpoint In Kwara (Photo) / New Innoson Automated Vehicle Plant In Pictures / Ferrari And Lamborghini Spotted In Lagos By FreezeCoolFm (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.