Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread - Car Talk (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread (62897 Views)

5 Best Kept Secrets Your Mechanic Doesn’t Want You To Know / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... / How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by UncutSk(m): 12:05pm On Jun 14, 2021
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Midex88(m): 3:01pm On Jun 14, 2021
Nice thread
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 3:20pm On Jun 14, 2021
UncutSk:
PLEASE. what is this rx300 car part and is it normal for it to bring out water and steam... also it buzzes for a few minutes after riding then stop
is this normal? thanks in advance

What part are saying directly can you point it out
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by UncutSk(m): 3:27pm On Jun 14, 2021
larrixauto2017:

What part are saying directly can you point it out
look at the arrow bruh
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 3:36pm On Jun 14, 2021
UncutSk:
look at the arrow bruh
The Abs..
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 3:44pm On Jun 14, 2021
UncutSk:
PLEASE. what is this rx300 car part and is it normal for it to bring out water and steam... also it buzzes for a few minutes after riding then stop
is this normal? thanks in advance
That is your anti lock breaking system (abs).. did you have any light on your instrument cluster.. displayed.??

If you have any light on your cluster what is that... Is it abs.? Light or vac.? Any of those sir you need too go get your ride scan by a professional Technician.. he will give you the break down of what is wrong with the system if it probably throw up a code.

Cos Abs Buzzing it a sign of getting failed soon... Cos you might experience break failure soon..

But what Is the symptoms while stepping on break pedals while driving.. and what Is the condition of fluid.. Is there any leakage in the system or what.??

And for the water it brings out sir.. it might be sign of rust.. soon the silver paint on it will be falling out.. what you just need too do is too get anti rust too correct that...

The ride should be 20 or + years now so it normal once the abs is still active or of itz bad.. then you change it Completely..

Thanks
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Alisha4U(f): 4:02pm On Jun 14, 2021
Hello house, I really need a good, dedicated and sincere mechanic for my Acura MDX 2008 in Kaduna. I've had a lot of bad experiences with mechanics who are not thorough, money conscious and insincere mechanics and despite spending a lot of money, my vehicle is depreciating every day with recurring problems. Please help me with a reference, I'm almost giving up on my vehicle.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 4:18pm On Jun 14, 2021
Alisha4U:
Hello house, I really need a good, dedicated and sincere mechanic for my Acura MDX 2008 in Kaduna. I've had a lot of bad experiences with mechanics who are not thorough, money conscious and insincere mechanics and despite spending a lot of money, my vehicle is depreciating every day with recurring problems. Please help me with a reference, I'm almost giving up on my vehicle.
Wow Kaduna....

No .. No Ma.. But Why are some people like this what the heck..is wrong with them.. why can they say no we can't fix it than bringing more problem Again.....

Mtcheeww...

I can just help you with how too go about the fixing.. if you have a mechanic that is ready too take the guildline ma.. cos I don't have branch in Kaduna.. only Lagos and abuja....

Kindly Contact Me On WhatsApp.... 07083676583
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by UncutSk(m): 5:59pm On Jun 14, 2021
larrixauto2017:
That is your anti lock breaking system (abs).. did you have any light on your instrument cluster.. displayed.??

If you have any light on your cluster what is that... Is it abs.? Light or vac.? Any of those sir you need too go get your ride scan by a professional Technician.. he will give you the break down of what is wrong with the system if it probably throw up a code.

Cos Abs Buzzing it a sign of getting failed soon... Cos you might experience break failure soon..

But what Is the symptoms while stepping on break pedals while driving.. and what Is the condition of fluid.. Is there any leakage in the system or what.??

And for the water it brings out sir.. it might be sign of rust.. soon the silver paint on it will be falling out.. what you just need too do is too get anti rust too correct that...

The ride should be 20 or + years now so it normal once the abs is still active or of itz bad.. then you change it Completely..

Thanks
thanks for the response I just discovered this evening that the steam is not coming from the abs but from a disconnected radiator outlet hose that was under the abs smh
Took this car to a mechanic recently I think they disconnected the hose now I don't know where it was disconnected from smh
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Wilson5183(m): 8:13pm On Jun 16, 2021
Dear friends.

When am driving sometimes, I discover when am on the highway my gear D always blinks. Please who knows what the cause of it.

Please any solution to it.

Thanks
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by DMechyy: 4:58pm On Jun 20, 2021
Wilson5183:
Dear friends.

When am driving sometimes, I discover when am on the highway my gear D always blinks. Please who knows what the cause of it.

Please any solution to it.

Thanks

Scan the vehicle, there's an issue with the transmission
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by dru23(m): 9:46pm On Jun 27, 2021
personal59:

Thank you

But the sump and. Base is always dry or is there other ways it lick without noticing it?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by personal59: 11:41am On Jun 29, 2021
Please help...

My car got overheated that I didn't know until the car stop moving and refuse to start. Also the temperature signal dropped down instead of going up, ttere Is water inside the reserve but no more water inside the radiator... A muscle Camry
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by DMechyy: 12:51pm On Jun 29, 2021
personal59:
Please help...

My car got overheated that I didn't know until the car stop moving and refuse to start. Also the temperature signal dropped down instead of going up, ttere Is water inside the reserve but no more water inside the radiator... A muscle Camry

You possibly have a burnt gasket.

Remote diagnosis will be hard
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by personal59: 4:44pm On Jun 29, 2021
DMechyy:

Thank you brother I really appreciate your response but please is there anyway of it affecting the engine because am travelling Andi have to call a mechanic in the environment to help and move on so that I can come and pick it why coming back.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by crackhouse(m): 6:01am On Jun 30, 2021
larrixauto2017:
Wow Kaduna....

No .. No Ma.. But Why are some people like this what the heck..is wrong with them.. why can they say no we can't fix it than bringing more problem Again.....

Mtcheeww...

I can just help you with how too go about the fixing.. if you have a mechanic that is ready too take the guildline ma.. cos I don't have branch in Kaduna.. only Lagos and abuja....

Kindly Contact Me On WhatsApp.... 07083676583
where's your branch in Abuja? And do u work pontiac vibe?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by zuraking(m): 6:28am On Jun 30, 2021
DMechyy:

good morning sir, pls I lost my Honda Accord 08/09 key and the key they help program alws takes time to start (I will start it up to 7 times) and the engine do off on slow. It will blink key light and off then I will start it again.

Pls house help me. I am fed up with the car already
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 7:12am On Jun 30, 2021
crackhouse:
where's your branch in Abuja? And do u work pontiac vibe?
.. Kindly Chat Me Up On Whatsapp 07083676583
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by DMechyy: 10:50am On Jun 30, 2021
zuraking:
good morning sir, pls I lost my Honda Accord 08/09 key and the key they help program alws takes time to start (I will start it up to 7 times) and the engine do off on slow. It will blink key light and off then I will start it again.

Pls house help me. I am fed up with the car already

Does it start at the seventh crank and run fine?

Do this.

Insert key in ignition, turn to on position like you want to crank, but dont crank. Leave it for 1 minute. Take a picture of instrument cluster(dashboard showing all lights) and send. Want to see if key light goes off
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by DMechyy: 10:58am On Jun 30, 2021
personal59:

Thank you brother I really appreciate your response but please is there anyway of it affecting the engine because am travelling Andi have to call a mechanic in the environment to help and move on so that I can come and pick it why coming back.

If you have a burnt top gasket, it has already affected the engine, untill change.

I think you should just call your mechanic to check
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by chenny360(m): 11:39pm On Jul 12, 2021
Please help me.. I packed my car and rain fell heavily for about 2 hours and rain enter inside the car through the silencer . Now I start the car . The engine don't start but the light On . Toyota corolla 2006
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by fizcoo20(m): 9:01pm On Jul 14, 2021
Plz how much are they are selling Mazda 626 transmission.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by personal59: 5:14am On Jul 21, 2021
DMechyy:

Does it start at the seventh crank and run fine?

Do this.

Insert key in ignition, turn to on position like you want to crank, but dont crank. Leave it for 1 minute. Take a picture of instrument cluster(dashboard showing all lights) and send. Want to see if key light goes off
Good da
DMechyy post=103221

Please help me since the day my engine has been loose have been having problem with it, i do visit mechanic every week which have never been like that before because I hardly visit mechanic village aside servicing.

Now from gasket to crank shaft now to something have forgotten the name, now to verb or so being cut yesterday while coming home with the way the engine change voice.

Is it advice able to keep repairing or buy new engine because it's tiring with the money spent

Toyota Camry Muscle

How much is the engine now?

[quote author=DMechyy
:

If you have a burnt top gasket, it has already affected the engine, untill change.

I think you should just call your mechanic to check

And other guru please help me with response before I take it to the mechanic again
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by personal59: 6:08am On Jul 21, 2021
Please help me since the day my engine has been loose have been having problem with it, i do visit mechanic every week which have never been like that before because I hardly visit mechanic village aside servicing.

Now from gasket to crank shaft now to something have forgotten the name, now to verb or so being cut yesterday while coming home with the way the engine change voice.

Is it advice able to keep repairing or buy new engine because it's tiring with the money spent

Toyota Camry Muscle

Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Dozieson(m): 6:48am On Jul 21, 2021
personal59:

Toyota Camry Muscle

Hmmmm. Too bad. Mechanics are just being wicked. They continue to rob car owners of their hard earn money. If you are in Lagos, try gazzuzz. There is a thread in this section that talks about engine and transmission purchase. You can ask about the price of the engine. Know the name of the engine. Eg the 4 plugs is v4 2.7 2AZ FE
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Dozieson(m): 6:50am On Jul 21, 2021
Dozieson:

Hmmmm. Too bad. Mechanics are just being wicked. They continue to rob car owners of their hard earn money. If you are in Lagos, try gazzuzz. There is a thread in this section that talks about engine and transmission purchase. You can ask about the price of the engine. Know the name of the engine. Eg the 4 plugs is v4 2.7 2AZ FE

See the link here
https://www.nairaland.com/6571388/direct-tokunbo-engines-gearboxes/9
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:56am On Jul 21, 2021
personal59:

Toyota Camry Muscle

https://www.nairaland.com/6660965/toyota-lexus-engines-transmissions-sale

Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 6:37am On Jul 24, 2021
Ask Your Mechanic
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by mykah09: 11:45am On Jul 24, 2021
Hello sir,
Please my Hyundai sonata 07 when starting rave to over 2000rpm. . After scanning, the following are the fault codes displayed. Please advise

Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by oseluck: 12:06pm On Jul 24, 2021
Hello boss.
Recently, I noticed that when I'm in motion on the high way,. My steering vibrates for like 3 seconds and stops. During that vibration, the entire car shakes vigorously.
This is kind of strange and scary.

What could be the cause of such occurrence.?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Bioboy1213(m): 6:28pm On Jul 24, 2021
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 7:14pm On Jul 26, 2021
I will reply it too soon

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (31) (Reply)

Toyota Camry AGL627FT Snatched At Gunpoint In Kwara (Photo) / New Innoson Automated Vehicle Plant In Pictures / Ferrari And Lamborghini Spotted In Lagos By FreezeCoolFm (photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.