Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,623 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. (3126 Views)

Man Explains Why "Bad Girls" Get Married Faster While "Good Girls" Don't / Why Do Girls Get Angry About "Virginity" - My Personal Experience / Why Runs Girls’ Get The Good Guys & The Decent Girls Don’t – Joro Olumofin Expla (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. by Martinez39(m): 1:46pm On Feb 04, 2019
If you like a boy, go and tell him. Which one is "I am giving him signs and signals"? grin Is he a radio antenna? cheesy What if to him, you are just being nice and friendly? Not every boy's mindset is twisted to think that boys and girls can't be deep friends and any little nice gesture or play means one is romantically interested in the other. If you like him, go and tell him. Will he kill you? Will asking him out make your life miserable?

If boys can ask girls out, girls too can ask boys out. If Muhammad don't go to the mountain, the mountain must go to Muhammad. Don't be afraid of rejection, after all you can't always get what you want and not every boy would like you just as you don't like every boy. If you approach him and he says yes, good for you. If you approach him and he says no, life goes on and that doesn't mean you are not worth it or you are inferior to him, every boy you like cannot like you and every girl a boy likes cannot like him in return. Such is life.

This attitude of "I am giving him signs and signals" must stop this 2019. I want to see ladies breaking tradition and making that bold step.

Cc. Martinez19.

Makydebbie, funmisticqueen and other nairaland girls, what are your take on this? Which would you prefer : giving him signs or approaching him? If you would approach him, care to drop your lines for the sake of other girls? wink

2 Likes

Re: Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. by habsydiamond(m): 1:55pm On Feb 04, 2019
Na that signal thing funny pass....when guys are not radio antenna... If u love a guy and he is not reciprocating ur love, the best is for u to express it feeling for him to know... But in our world in africa, people see ladies that express their love for guys as a prostitute which is not to be so... Ladies make Una dey follow African China song ooo....if u love anybody walk up to am and tell am u love am eh....it is no crime no crime at all.

5 Likes

Re: Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. by Martinez39(m): 2:05pm On Feb 04, 2019
habsydiamond:
Na that signal thing funny pass....when guys are not radio antenna... If u love a guy and he is not reciprocating ur love, the best is for u to express it feeling for him to know... But in our world in africa, people see ladies that express their love for guys as a prostitute which is not to be so... Ladies make Una dey follow African China song ooo....if u love anybody walk up to am and tell am u love am eh....it is no crime no crime at all.
Gbam. Correct guy.
Re: Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. by Immaculatesnow(m): 2:51pm On Feb 04, 2019
grin na so

I need a verified Nigerian adsenseee
Re: Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. by labanj1(m): 3:40pm On Feb 04, 2019
The thing is they fear rejection, which guys face every time.

1 Like

Re: Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. by AmazonTopaz(f): 4:06pm On Feb 04, 2019
In this part of the world.It is usually men that do the toasting.
Men are encouraged to do such and if a lady approaches a guy some would claim that she is desperate or has a low self esteem which is not entirely true.

OP,I agree with you ladies should also approach guys.Signal is not enough.If you like a guy do not wait for him to tell you first you tell him be genuine to yourself.Personally,I have approached a guy before.
One of the first things I told a guy I approached was that I had feelings and was ready to mingle cool.

4 Likes

Re: Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. by Headlesschicken(m): 4:11pm On Feb 04, 2019
undecided Coughs,spits,vomits on d thread,n walks off... angry
Re: Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. by DMerciful(m): 5:31pm On Feb 04, 2019
They reject guys all the time but afraid to know how it feels to be rejected!
Re: Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. by ubunja(m): 5:37pm On Feb 04, 2019
Girls can't handle rejection.

See what Potifah's wife did to Joseph

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 04, 2019
Martinez39:
If you like a boy, go and tell him. Which one is "I am giving him signs and signals"? grin Is he a radio antenna? cheesy What if to him, you are just being nice and friendly? Not every boy's mindset is twisted to think that boys and girls can't be deep friends and any little nice gesture or play means one is romantically interested in the other. If you like him, go and tell him. Will he kill you? Will asking him out make your life miserable?

If boys can ask girls out, girls too can ask boys out. If Muhammad don't go to the mountain, the mountain must go to Muhammad. Don't be afraid of rejection, after all you can't always get what you want and not every boy would like you just as you don't like every boy. If you approach him and he says yes, good for you. If you approach him and he says no, life goes on and that doesn't mean you are not worth it or you are inferior to him, every boy you like cannot like you and every girl a boy likes cannot like him in return. Such is life.

This attitude of "I am giving him signs and signals" must stop this 2019. I want to see ladies breaking tradition and making that bold step.

Cc. Martinez19.

Makydebbie, funmisticqueen and other nairaland girls, what are your take on this? Which would you prefer : giving him signs or approaching him? If you would approach him, care to drop your lines for the sake of other girls? wink
I have nothing to say on this topic.
Re: Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. by Randy100: 6:00pm On Feb 04, 2019
It is wrong for a girl to approach a guy. It is like telling antelop to approach a lion for it to be eaten, trust me the lion won't enjoy such meal. As a guy I see myself as a hunter who must hunt the girl of my choice, subdue her and take her home. There is abnormality in a girl approaching a guy.

1 Like

Re: Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. by Undertaker001: 6:06pm On Feb 04, 2019
You are looking for reasonable answers and you are mentioning funmisticqueen.. Makydebbie.. Empty headed feminists.. Ugly looking hippos that even that 56 years old anambra man with down syndrome would reject..

You didn't see girls like Tamar.aprerty and co

5 Likes

Re: Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. by Martinez39(m): 7:32pm On Feb 04, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
In this part of the world.It is usually men that do the toasting.
Men are encouraged to do such and if a lady approaches a guy some would claim that she is desperate or has a low self esteem which is not entirely true.

OP,I agree with you ladies should also approach guys.Signal is not enough.If you like a guy do not wait for him to tell you first you tell him be genuine to yourself. Personally,I have approached a guy before.
One of the first things I told a guy I approached was that I had feelings and was ready to mingle
cool.
Better pickin, carry go nothing do you. wink

1 Like

Re: Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. by Martinez39(m): 7:37pm On Feb 04, 2019
ubunja:

Lol. Seriously, can you speak for all girls? Don't you know some boys too can't handle rejection? Naturally, everyone, both boys and girls, appreciate the idea of feeling special. It takes maturity to be able to handle rejection.

By the way, Potifah's wife didn't exist. The bible is a book of fairytales, ridiculous garbages and falsehoods with no sound basis in reality. It's not a smart thing to use the bible to inform yourself about reality.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. by Biglittlelois(f): 7:44pm On Feb 04, 2019
Martinez39:

Cc. Martinez19.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. by Martinez39(m): 7:45pm On Feb 04, 2019
Randy100:
It is wrong for a girl to approach a guy. It is like telling antelop to approach a lion for it to be eaten, trust me the lion won't enjoy such meal. As a guy I see myself as a hunter who must hunt the girl of my choice, subdue her and take her home. There is abnormality in a girl approaching a guy.
Sometimes the hold of arbitrary traditional rules and perspectives can be strong on the mind. You had better drop that misogynistic ego and learn to embrace the equality of both sexes. It's this same misogynistic pride that makes men feel ashamed when they are outclassed by a woman in a combat or in the game of chess. It's that same pride that makes men mildly bitter and intimidated by intelligent strong career women that are doing better than them. This nonsense must stop.

There is nothing wrong if a woman approaches you. I dare you to explain, without insulting my intelligence, why it's abnormal for a girl to approach a boy.

1 Like

Re: Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. by Martinez39(m): 8:17pm On Feb 04, 2019

Re: Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. by Randy100: 8:24pm On Feb 04, 2019
Martinez39:
Sometimes the hold of arbitrary traditional rules and perspectives can be strong on the mind. You had better drop that misogynistic ego and learn to embrace the equality of both sexes. It's this same misogynistic pride that makes men feel ashamed when they are outclassed by a woman in a combat or in the game of chess. It's that same pride that makes men mildly bitter and intimidated by intelligent strong career women that are doing better than them. This nonsense must stop.

There is nothing wrong if a woman approaches you. I dare you to explain, without insulting my intelligence, why it's abnormal for a girl to approach a boy.
Ok, I won't insult you cos you are not Buhari that is destabilizing my country. I have a questions for you. Is the girl ready to continue with the thing involve in wooing like taking the guy on a date(which means she is paying for the food, pay for the taxi and all those stuff we do for women) and she got to be consistent with it as the relationship goes on. Now my reason are 1. The lady who does that is tagged desperate by guys like you. 2. Leave men to be men. It takes enough testosterone in men to woo. Any lady who does that could be termed aggressive. 3. Pushy women tends to have the characteristic of wooing men. 4. Is the guy into the lady, which will result in the guy using and dumping such lady. And finally it is against nature. A coc.k will chase the hen, the he goat will go after the she goat. Thank you.
Re: Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. by TimiRume(f): 8:35pm On Feb 04, 2019
Beta weaklings at it, this time begging women to approach them cheesy gosh i love to see how shameless some men can be grin
Re: Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. by DanDeeBoss(m): 8:50pm On Feb 04, 2019
If I like you then the signal is enough, I'll be the one to approach you first.... Many ladies would rather die in silence than approach a guy....

1 Like

Re: Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. by kingkuntaval: 8:53pm On Feb 04, 2019
ubunja:

Which Joseph?
Joseph Yobo abi Joseph Benjamin?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. by Martinez39(m): 9:10pm On Feb 04, 2019
TimiRume:
Beta weaklings at it, this time begging women to approach them cheesy gosh i love to see how shameless some men can be grin
Seems my posts in my last topic struck nerves grin . Strawmanning is for losers and id1ots. Telling women to break away from tradition and fully embrace their equality is a good thing. Now, tell me what is objectively wrong in a woman asking a man out? I dare you to tell me without saying rubbish. Beta cuck.

1 Like

Re: Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. by Martinez39(m): 9:43pm On Feb 04, 2019
Re: Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. by Martinez39(m): 10:25pm On Feb 04, 2019
Randy100:
Ok, I won't insult you cos you are not Buhari that is destabilizing my country. I have a questions for you. Is the girl ready to continue with the thing involve in wooing like taking the guy on a date(which means she is paying for the food, pay for the taxi and all those stuff we do for women) and she got to be consistent with it as the relationship goes on. Now my reason are 1. The lady who does that is tagged desperate by guys like you. 2. Leave men to be men. It takes enough testosterone in men to woo. Any lady who does that could be termed aggressive. 3. Pushy women tends to have the characteristic of wooing men. 4. Is the guy into the lady, which will result in the guy using and dumping such lady. And finally it is against nature. A coc.k will chase the hen, the he goat will go after the she goat. Thank you.
No need to insult, we are cool. There are many logical fallacies, non sequiturs, assumptions and false equivalences in your write up. First of all, human beings are not chickens and goats. We have a highly intelligent brain that makes us masters of our own destinies and endows us with the immense ability to adapt and define our roles. While other animals may be governed by instincts, man is mainly governed by his rationality and ability to learn. Men and women can both define their roles. The idea that it is shameful for a woman to approach a man is a subjective nonsense that no one is obliged to follow.

No woman should be concern about what men choose to think about them. It's not their business what boys choose to think about them and women can't please everyone. Who told you that wooing is meant for men alone? Your culture? Your tradition? Who told you that it's a man's thing? That's a load of assumptions. Testosterone helps in the secondary sexual characteristics of males not enable them to woo women. Wooing a spouse comes from the desire to form a relationship and guess what? both men and women have that desire and why shouldn't they go for what they want? Who the hell is any man to tell a woman that she can't go for what she wants? Women should be themselves and not give a damn about what boys think they should be. It's not a boys duty to determine what makes a real woman instead it's the woman's job.

Finally, in this age of equality, the role both spouses shall have in a relationship shall be discussed and agreed upon by them. A woman asking a man out doesn't mean that she automatically takes up certain roles in the relationship and asking someone out does not, by any means, give you the position of authority. Relationship is by love and mutual agreement. As for the following up stuffs you talked about, who pays for the food, taxi or whatever depends on the voluntary decision of any of them. The woman may ask a man out but the man may insist on paying and vice versa.

wink

2 Likes

Re: Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. by TimiRume(f): 11:02pm On Feb 04, 2019
Martinez39:
Seems my posts in my last topic struck nerves grin . Strawmanning is for losers and id1ots. Telling women to break away from tradition and fully embrace their equality is a good thing. Now, tell me what is objectively wrong in a woman asking a man out? I dare you to tell me without saying rubbish. Beta cuck.
Beta loser, grow some back bone and ask a girl out...see? very easy. Don't belabour women into playing your role in courtship. Do the man stuff and save us this salty beta tears... everyday, haba angry
Misery loves company, gtfo of my face with your failed career in winning women over. Women don't want you, what are you going to do about it? bully them into misery, gtfoh grin
Re: Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. by ubunja(m): 11:14pm On Feb 04, 2019
kingkuntaval:

Which Joseph?
Joseph Yobo abi Joseph Benjamin?
how many potifahs do you know??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. by ubunja(m): 11:16pm On Feb 04, 2019
TimiRume:
Beta loser, grow some back bone and ask a girl out...see? very easy. Don't belabour women into playing your role in courtship. Do the man stuff and save us this salty beta tears... everyday, haba angry
Misery loves company, gtfo of my face with your failed career in winning women over. Women don't want you, what are you going to do about it? bully them into misery, gtfoh grin

no harm in asking a woman to woman-up. It's 2019 let them walk the talk of equality.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. by TimiRume(f): 11:20pm On Feb 04, 2019
ubunja:
no harm in asking a woman to woman-up. It's 2019 let them walk the talk of equality.
Feminism is not reversing gender roles, it is creating equal opportunities for men and women. And giving women all the rights they need. Women are not fighting to ask men out, they are fighting for themselves.
Re: Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. by Martinez39(m): 11:35pm On Feb 04, 2019
TimiRume:

I don't have your time. Your are desperately looking for that "I got him" moment but you just can't see your strawmanning and inability to comprehend my point. Seems my points in my last topic struck nerves grin. There is no point giving insight to a mind bent on irrationality.

Only shameless beta cucklings like you think getting a woman or being the centre of their attraction is an achievement. With this mentality, you are the h0es' mugu. Trying to force the beta label on me won't work, you've got nothing on me. grin

Re: Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. by Martinez39(m): 11:42pm On Feb 04, 2019
TimiRume:
Feminism is not reversing gender roles, it is creating equal opportunities for men and women. And giving women all the rights they need. Women are not fighting to ask men out, they are fighting for themselves.
So asking someone out is a gender role? grin 5thElement is that you? Who the hell are you to tell women that it's not in their place to express their feelings to the one they love?

Don't go and have sense. Keep trying to forcefully label me a beta male by misrepresenting my point. Yeye dey smell. grin
Re: Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. by Randy100: 9:30am On Feb 05, 2019
Martinez39:
No need to insult, we are cool. There are many logical fallacies, non sequiturs, assumptions and false equivalences in your write up. First of all, human beings are not chickens and goats. We have a highly intelligent brain that makes us masters of our own destinies and endows us with the immense ability to adapt and define our roles. While other animals may be governed by instincts, man is mainly governed by his rationality and ability to learn. Men and women can both define their roles. The idea that it is shameful for a woman to approach a man is a subjective nonsense that no one is obliged to follow.

No woman should be concern about what men choose to think about them. It's not their business what boys choose to think about them and women can't please everyone. Who told you that wooing is meant for men alone? Your culture? Your tradition? Who told you that it's a man's thing? That's a load of assumptions. Testosterone helps in the secondary sexual characteristics of males not enable them to woo women. Wooing a spouse comes from the desire to form a relationship and guess what? both men and women have that desire and why shouldn't they go for what they want? Who the hell is any man to tell a woman that she can't go for what she wants? Women should be themselves and not give a damn about what boys think they should be. It's not a boys duty to determine what makes a real woman instead it's the woman's job.

Finally, in this age of equality, the role both spouses shall have in a relationship shall be discussed and agreed upon by them. A woman asking a man out doesn't mean that she automatically takes up certain roles in the relationship and asking someone out does not, by any means, give you the position of authority. Relationship is by love and mutual agreement. As for the following up stuffs you talked about, who pays for the food, taxi or whatever depends on the voluntary decision of any of them. The woman may ask a man out but the man may insist on paying and vice versa.

wink
Eloquently written but it won't sway me to your side. First of all you brush off my own argument and according to you they are logical fallacies. Let it be know to you that Man is an animal, and we are referred as higher animals. The only difference between us and those lower animals is because of our technological advancement. I strongly disagree with you when you said that men and women could define their roles. Nature gives us our role in the society, women were given the role of pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding of the baby and nature provided the basic body part for this function, you can't tell a man to fill this role because nature didn't favour a man to do such. Secondly, you claimed that no woman should think about what men think about them, my brother you are wrong again. We all live to impress the opposite sex so we should be worried about what they think about you. Women rub mary-k, design their hairs, wear fine cloths. Why do they do that? To impress the guys and vice versa for the guys too. Thirdly, it is define by our culture that it is the man who goes to look for a woman and when he finds, he calls his kinsmen and they all go to the girls place and seek for her hand in marriage. I hope you will allow a girl to come and ask your hand in marriage after all to you we define our role in the society. Finally, we are Africans not Europeans. It won't work here at least for now maybe in the year 3000.

1 Like

Re: Don't Limit Yourself To Signs And Signals. Girls Get In Here. by khiaa(f): 9:59am On Feb 05, 2019
Randy100:

Randy, the woman is the one who does the choosing, men do the chasing. A guy can approach 10 girls in 15 minutes and only get the names of 3 girls and a girl can approach 10 guys in 15 minutes and get the names, numbers, and dates with all of them, at the end of the day the woman holds the cards.

There is nothing wrong with a woman approaching a man but telling him you have feelings and is ready to mingle is not only corny but too forward, it opens the door for him to think that you are desperate and horney. To the ladies, approach the man that your heart desires provided that he is single but be smooth in your approach and conversation, smile a lot, give him a nice compliment, make him feel comfortable with you, flirt with him, also make him feel that you are doing him a huge favor by giving him some of your time. grin grin Just be nice and mind your manners.

If he appreciates you admiring him he will respect your confidence in the approach, of course I'm speaking about interactions between a man and a woman but if you are approaching immature boys, well you know what to expect. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Most Girls In Nigeria Has 4 Boyfriends.. Bestie, Boo, Big Head And Shuga Daddy. / Meet Uche Mba, The 24-year-old Igbo Lady That Transformed Her Body Naturally / I’m In Trouble Guys!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.