Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,792 members, 7,813,621 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures (37985 Views)

How I Survived Ogbunike Cave And Its Colony Of Bats (photos) / My Visit To Willow Wood: Hotel Allegedly Owned By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri / My Visit To The Ancient Cave Of Ashes... Isarun In Ondo State. (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures by lilmax(m): 6:29pm On Feb 04, 2019
won't say what's on my mind about the op
Re: My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures by zsamorano(m): 6:39pm On Feb 04, 2019
lool.....OP, u self pass Iyin Ekiti cave o....olorun, many guys here don't av interest in your story, because u alone sweet pass that story.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures by Bbsharon(f): 6:41pm On Feb 04, 2019
Gengetiele:

I don't know that somewhere like this is in my village.
It should be after odoro...

It is before you get to Ado.

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures by Pocoloco: 6:55pm On Feb 04, 2019
A somewhat safer place to hide incase nuclear war breaks out.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures by SkinnyNigga: 6:55pm On Feb 04, 2019
Are you pregnant? Why is your tummy that fat?
Re: My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 04, 2019
what exactly am I supposed be looking at in that rusty forest? angry
Re: My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures by ofiko123(m): 6:59pm On Feb 04, 2019
nice one.
Re: My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:08pm On Feb 04, 2019
Hahjascho:
I laugh..... change your mindset it's just an observation sir...

loool
Just kidding though
Re: My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures by babtoundey(m): 7:16pm On Feb 04, 2019
This is impressive OP. Maybe one day, I will be able to embark on adventures as this.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures by TemmyT002(m): 7:24pm On Feb 04, 2019
Wow. I feel like visiting too sha
Re: My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures by lx3as(m): 7:39pm On Feb 04, 2019
Bbsharon:
The cave has an age long history of having been the safe harbor for the Iyin and Ado-Ekiti warriors during the inter-township fight with the Ikere-Ekiti people of Ekiti state. The warriors and the people would run to the cave for safety till the land is restored back to normalcy. On the long run many of the people decided to stay back and live in the cave instead than running about anytime there is a war. Gradually a lot of Iyin Ekiti people abandoned their main town and started living in the cave till about the 1930's when few of them begin to return back to their town. The cave has a capacity of about 35,000 people at a time.

The farmer's resting place and the little village around the site.

Full story on my blog @ ;
https://www.demitalks.com/2019/02/01/my-visit-to-the-ancient-esa-cave-iyin-ekiti/

Very nice OP.

However, the account was not completed, the wars were mainly with the Bini forces on one hand and Ibadan forces on the other hand; and these happened before 1895. Iyin warriors did not live in Esa caves but the Aged, Women and children and the place stocked with food. Iyin forces would rather fight to finish than lose a war; the 'Odun Opa' was created to instill toughness and perseverance in every age group from Eso, Origbo, Egiri, Agba-akin, etc. The four Quarters and sub-quarters of Iyin have different war chiefs being led by Saruku, Oisangan, Oisa, Balogun, etc. They are all being led by a General called Saribi. Iyin warriors were well organised and sometimes, the Oluyin, the king followed 'Omo Owas' to war. Two kings were captured by Ibadan but one was ransomed and came back to Iyin....

Iyin only had base around Ureje to join Ado forces against Ikere that was backed by temporary Bini forces in Akure and Ikere. The four Quarters of Iyin were not really together because of her wars until 1950.
In those days, the cave could house all Iyin people and more.

I don't know why the cave's mouth is still being closed; the ancient guards: a leopard and some rock pythons should be dead by now (don't even believe there are those animals there but to scare children away from entering the cave then).

3 Likes

Re: My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures by Kunlesina: 7:46pm On Feb 04, 2019
The world is devoid of true journalism, Iyin Ekiti is my home country and I know Esa cave very well.That's not d picture.
Esa cave is an "untaped"place of tourist attraction in Ekiti State.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures by Icon79(m): 7:48pm On Feb 04, 2019
Thanks for sharing, Sharon.

O pari

Bbsharon:

I just uploaded.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures by Bbsharon(f): 8:23pm On Feb 04, 2019
lx3as:

Very nice OP.

However, the account was not completed, the wars were mainly with the Bini forces on one hand and Ibadan forces on the other hand; and these happened before 1895. Iyin warriors did not live in Esa caves but the Aged, Women and children and the place stocked with food. Iyin forces would rather fight to finish than lose a war; the 'Odun Opa' was created to instill toughness and perseverance in every age group from Eso, Origbo, Egiri, Agba-akin, etc. The four Quarters and sub-quarters of Iyin have different war chiefs being led by Saruku, Oisangan, Oisa, Balogun, etc. They are all being led by a General called Saribi. Iyin warriors were well organised and sometimes, the Oluyin, the king followed 'Omo Owas' to war. Two kings were captured by Ibadan but one was ransomed and came back to Iyin....

Iyin only had base around Ureje to join Ado forces against Ikere that was backed by temporary Bini forces in Akure and Ikere. The four Quarters of Iyin were not really together because of her wars until 1950.
In those days, the cave could house all Iyin people and more.

I don't know why the cave's mouth is still being closed; the ancient guides: a leopard and some rock pythons should be dead by now (don't even believe there are those animals there but to scare children away from entering the cave then).

Wow... Thanks for this. I got my own narration from the man at the farm. I didn't even get all this information you stated here online. Thanks for this insight.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures by Bbsharon(f): 8:26pm On Feb 04, 2019
babtoundey:
This is impressive OP. Maybe one day, I will be able to embark on adventures as this.

Thank you so much.
Re: My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures by Bbsharon(f): 8:28pm On Feb 04, 2019
Kunlesina:
The world is devoid of true journalism, Iyin Ekiti is my home country and I know Esa cave very well.That's not d picture.
Esa cave is an "untaped"place of tourist attraction in Ekiti State.

You've been there?? I was directed to this place by an elderly man in the town. I did not just go to take pictures for posting sake. I also saw a documentary on YouTube channel on the place and it's same place I visited.
Re: My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures by Bbsharon(f): 8:30pm On Feb 04, 2019
Icon79:
Thanks for sharing, Sharon.

O pari

You are welcome

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures by Bbsharon(f): 8:31pm On Feb 04, 2019
mhisbliss:
I'd love to do this too, travel around Nigeria and write about it, but the fear of skull mining, once chance robbers and ritualists, rapists on the prowl, infact Nigeria as a country is what I'm worried about.

You have to overcome those fears somehow somehow. At least one thing will have to kill a man.

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures by Bbsharon(f): 8:37pm On Feb 04, 2019
Ayoslimzy:
Nice one op
Thanks
Re: My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures by Bbsharon(f): 8:38pm On Feb 04, 2019
daveP:
Bbsharon, are you still in Ado?

Guess u love daring task. noticed for quite a while.

No, left already.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures by Bbsharon(f): 8:38pm On Feb 04, 2019
qanda:
Well done and thank you for sharing.
Thanks
Re: My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures by Bbsharon(f): 8:40pm On Feb 04, 2019
pinkcottoncandy:
Cocoa farm or cave

You jus want to show ur face and sell your market on nairaland shebi?

Yes, sell my blog content.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures by Bbsharon(f): 8:41pm On Feb 04, 2019
TIDDOLL:
Nice one Bbsharon..

You still need a boogie boogie boot though. cheesy

Lol... Yes, thanks I would when money comes.
Re: My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures by Bbsharon(f): 8:41pm On Feb 04, 2019
bigclem22:
I advice u get a good phone with good camera before u spend money on ur next trip
grin grin grin

I'm saving the money for it grin

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures by Bbsharon(f): 8:42pm On Feb 04, 2019
olyrayy:

Cool. You appear quite intelligent. That's hard to find nowadays with other babes clicking on Instagram. Does your website have an email signup form? I want to be a regular reader. I don't do social media.

No, but you can bookmark for now. Thanks a lot.
Re: My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures by mhisbliss(f): 9:29pm On Feb 04, 2019
Bbsharon:

You have to overcome those fears somehow somehow. At least one thing will have to kill a man.
Yes absolutely, but they're better ways to go naw.
Re: My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures by huntila(m): 9:43pm On Feb 04, 2019
Bbsharon:
At the entrance of the ancient Esa cave magnificently sitted at the outskirt of Iyin-Ekiti.

https://www.demitalks.com/2019/02/01/my-visit-to-the-ancient-esa-cave-iyin-ekiti/

How do you source for funds. These things are a little more expensive in terms of logistics. Care to open tourist company where you charge to take people to visit or it's just for the fun ?
Re: My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures by babtoundey(m): 9:50pm On Feb 04, 2019
Bbsharon:

Thank you so much.
You're welcome
Re: My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures by Konquest: 9:56pm On Feb 04, 2019
Bbsharon:
At the entrance of the ancient Esa cave magnificently sitted at the outskirt of Iyin-Ekiti. Located about 3 kilometres from Iyin Ekiti and 6 kilometres from Ado-Ekiti, the state capital of Ekiti State, Nigeria.

I actually did not plan on visiting this site on my way to Ado Ekiti. I had plan to go to somewhere else at Ilupeju Ekiti, unfortunately, things did not go well as I planed as I was not given good access to my site of visit. So, on my way back I checked google and I saw the Esa cave as part of the historical place to visit when you are around Ekiti state. So I visited.

The entrance of the cave...

^^^^^
^^^^^
Beautiful... You must be having the fun of
your life visiting all those places... grin

Would love to visit there and other tourist
destinations soon.

All the best!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures by olyrayy(m): 10:06pm On Feb 04, 2019
Bbsharon:

No, but you can bookmark for now. Thanks a lot.

Bookmark?? We're nearing the end of the second decade of the twenty-first century.
Re: My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures by Bbsharon(f): 11:08pm On Feb 04, 2019
mhisbliss:
Yes absolutely, but they're better ways to go naw.

Okay ma'am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Biggest Things Ever To Be Transported By Sea / Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver / Black Box From Crashed Ethiopian Airline Arrives Paris For Investigation(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.