Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) (48484 Views)

Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough / Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos / Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by stagger: 11:59pm On Feb 04, 2019
xynerise:

Is N1m not too expensive to marry somebody you will still feed? grin

Seriously, these things are negotiable. Unless you wan form Alpha male grin

As in feed for life? I have stopped counting what I have spent on my wife since.
Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Nobody: 12:00am On Feb 05, 2019
Most Nowadays LADIES don’t worth more than a “CRATE OF EGG”

3 Likes

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Akuruoulo(m): 12:00am On Feb 05, 2019
pDudd:
When your stupid relatives are collecting all those gifts while selling you to me in the process, better know that after the sale, you become my property and you will do as I please.

If you wanna try that feminist nonsense in my house, please tell you relatives to kindly return all my shyt so I can seek out another wife.

Nailed it

1 Like

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by ibkayee(f): 12:00am On Feb 05, 2019
I'm sure there's a correlation between how much a guy struggles to pay a girl's bride price and the likelihood of him treating her like a purchased commodity

7 Likes

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by MPESA(m): 12:00am On Feb 05, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

Why waste 1 million for a wedding when you can use that money to invest in something profitable.

As for the thread this one na exchange of goods and services.In other words her husband has bought her.

What about the white Wedding that average Nigerian spend more than 1m so Mr investor what are we going to call that one...
Forget we are Africans so we have a tradition and culture we practice be it western African or Eastern or southern or Northern African we all have our different tradition, culture and believes.

1 Like

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by topboss: 12:01am On Feb 05, 2019
And Igbo people are still getting married daily....

na una go tire for propaganda...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by oyetpel(m): 12:03am On Feb 05, 2019
Airforce01:
Glad I jumped the bullet
Someone will also jump the bullet for your daughter.

1 Like

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Nobody: 12:04am On Feb 05, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

Why waste 1 million for a wedding when you can use that money to invest in something profitable.

As for the thread this one na exchange of goods and services.In other words her husband has bought her.
thank you ooo. I see it as poverty alleviation scheme. If the man is rich and wish to do unthinkable, cool. Buh imposing? nah. More like trade by batter. You bring what you have in exchange for what you need just like you've rightly said. This is even not what you have, cuz at the end they'd end up sweating to get what the other party needs to give them what they need/want. Rubbish. Total rubbish in the name of culture.

1 Like

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by topboss: 12:04am On Feb 05, 2019
Even last week, they were all crying that a man with down syndrome married a 15 year old girl.

Now, wen u consider that, how stupid does the OP look to bring a cheap picture, with cheap materials to FP?

If this guy can do it, then that speaks volumes about OP claims.

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Nobody: 12:07am On Feb 05, 2019
pocohantas:
Ishi, the thing we need to know is, some of our Igbo brothers are very egoistic. I have seen several cases where the man brought double the list (no jokes). Sometimes because he believes his wife is of so much value, other times for show off.

These items are not always the actual list.
It's not an Igbo thing. Most guys would do the same if they have the financial capacity. Wouldn't you love your man to prove he'd do anything just for you?

1 Like

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Princedapace(m): 12:07am On Feb 05, 2019
xynerise:

Is N1m not too expensive to marry somebody you will still feed? grin

Seriously, these things are negotiable. Unless you wan form Alpha male grin

Dont mind them.. When i look at black race, I laugh. Nigeria in particular. U will still do all these and the babe will still tell u, there is white wedding left..

If we want to copy white people, why cant we simply copy them and leave our culture? If we want to retain our culture, why cant we simply retain it?

Which one is traditional and white wedding? Black people are the most confused set of humans on earth. U can imagine the list of marrying a lady. That is not other expenses like the event proper. Then u have white wedding and reception again.

Blacks, who do us this? Blacks always bragging for stupid things.

8 Likes

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Nobody: 12:08am On Feb 05, 2019
Airforce01:
Glad I jumped the bullet

If you love her and you are man enough, you should do the right thing, certainly not now, whenever you can afford. Trust me, it boosts their self-confidence and you earn a level of respect that 'bullet jumpers' can only dream of.

Work very hard. It is too late to fail.

1 Like

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Danielpeter(m): 12:08am On Feb 05, 2019
Because of one girl
Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Effiongdbest: 12:09am On Feb 05, 2019
GBOKASINCHA:
Our igbo hunks aint complaining kiss they are always up to the task .....thats why we love them...most of the ppl that complain about igbo culture are afonja men...stick to your chimpazees if you dont have money to marry from igbo land

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by topboss: 12:10am On Feb 05, 2019
How much do Yoruba spend on owambe every saturday?

How many times you go marry?

Igbo marry just once, expenses are booked for once in a lifetime.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Princedapace(m): 12:11am On Feb 05, 2019
[quote author=Ishilove post=75421281]
I wonder why people do this- can a person's worth be tied to material things? Isn't bride price supposed to be symbolic? Why the extortion? [/quote

Dont mind black race, especially Nigerians. Always want to show off. This was how and why our forefathers sold our brothers and sisters to the whites. We av always been stupid.

In fact, after doing this yeye culture, they will still go and do white wedding. Very confused race. If u want ur culture, keep it, if na whites u want to copy, copy whites. Dont come and be mixing things up here and there.

3 Likes

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by topboss: 12:12am On Feb 05, 2019
[quote author=Princedapace post=75423239][/quote]

u nag worst than a pregnant woman and u are a man.

1 Like

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Effiongdbest: 12:13am On Feb 05, 2019
IntrovertedK:
thank you ooo. I see it as poverty alleviation scheme. If the man is rich and wish to do unthinkable, cool. Buh imposing? nah. More like trade by batter. You bring what you have in exchange for what you need just like you've rightly said. This is even not what you have, cuz at the end they'd end up sweating to get what the other party needs to give them what they need/want. Rubbish. Total rubbish in the name of culture.

But if you yourself are not poor why are you complaining bitterly like you are doing?? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by btwo(m): 12:13am On Feb 05, 2019
doctore212:
The thing no reach 200k.

You say? Oga you Sabi how much be one hollandis at all? Three traveling bags you Sabi d price? Those ones alone don eat up to 130k come add the remaining shoot wey dey ground. Revaluate bro ts way more than that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by imoh070: 12:13am On Feb 05, 2019
Damn!!!!!! This is hilarious
Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Nobody: 12:15am On Feb 05, 2019
pDudd:
When your stupid relatives are collecting all those gifts while selling you to me in the process, better know that after the sale, you become my property and you will do as I please.

If you wanna try that feminist nonsense in my house, please tell you relatives to kindly return all my shyt so I can seek out another wife.

This is harsh . lol
Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by topboss: 12:19am On Feb 05, 2019
Elder0001:

This is harsh . lol

The purpose of this thread is to promote hate and tribalism.

Let me make one thing clear here.

Bride price is very common across Africa.

President Buhari collected 12 gold coins as Zahra bride price. https://punchng.com/buhari-gives-daughter-12-gold-coins/

Yoruba are the only people not practicing Bride price and Yoruba is heavily into polygamy and highest divorce rate in Nigeria.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Biggers82(m): 12:20am On Feb 05, 2019
all this for just a piece of pussyy?

2 Likes

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Nobody: 12:22am On Feb 05, 2019
topboss:

The purpose of this thread is to promote hate and tribalism.

Let me make one thing clear here.

Bride price is very common across Africa.

President Buhari collected 12 gold coins as Zahra bride price. https://punchng.com/buhari-gives-daughter-12-gold-coins/

Yoruba are the only people not practicing Bride price and Yoruba is heavily into polygamy and highest divorce rate in Nigeria.

You lack wisdom.

6 Likes

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by topboss: 12:23am On Feb 05, 2019
ALL you Yoruba raising the issue thinking about Igbo, will be surprise to learn that it is nationwide with exception of Yoruba land.

It is not an Igbo only affair.

Learn to see the bigger picture and leave the Igbo people alone.

Even if u cannot leave them, allow them breathing space.

1 Like

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by chris51(f): 12:25am On Feb 05, 2019
With this type of extortion in the name of traditional marriage list, why won't young men go into yahoo, yahoo, kidnapping and all sorts of evil ways of making money.
No decent hard working young man can afford this type of list. Its unfair and unreasonable

3 Likes

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by chris51(f): 12:25am On Feb 05, 2019
chris51:
With this type of extortion in the name of traditional marriage list, why won't young men go into yahoo, yahoo, kidnapping and all sorts of evil ways of making money.
No decent hard working young man can afford this type of list. Its unfair and unreasonable
Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by 0koyeeboz: 12:25am On Feb 05, 2019
Why didn't they add vegetable oil and firewood with spoons?

Greedy flatheaded paupers selling their yam legged girls.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by samarine(m): 12:25am On Feb 05, 2019
Is all that for the marriage of only that thing girl or for the 6 girls because i am not understanding again
Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by uuzba(m): 12:28am On Feb 05, 2019
Ceede:
....na all the village people want get share? IMO sta** lipsrsealed
It is a bitter pill to swallow. But maybe this mind can help. No jobs in the country. Villagers are neglected people. No govt support. They need assistance. Though it is annoying that they pounce upon you for that assisatance and make it look as if you are owing them. They really need assistance. They will ever remain in poverty for this mind set.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Husband Presents Wife’s Love Messages, Nude Pictures In Court / Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps / My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.