Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,096 members, 7,828,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Relocating To Lagos, Any Advice? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating To Lagos, Any Advice? (950 Views)

Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice / I Need A Hotel Just Around Murtala Airport Lagos. Any Helps? / RN-BSC Nursing In The UK. Any Advice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocating To Lagos, Any Advice? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Feb 04, 2019
Please I need advice on majorly the best place to stay in Lagos, I am relocating newly and the houses I saw online differ in price with area and my budget for accommodation is about 250-300k.

The houses in ikorodu appear to be cheaper like a 2 to 3 bedroom flat for 300k and most other areas like ajah, yaba etc have mini flats for same price.

Please advice me on the areas to consider in terms of security, light etc. Thank you.

Please modes, not really sure if this is the right place to post this.
Re: Relocating To Lagos, Any Advice? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Feb 04, 2019
Are u coming to lag to resume work or hustle
Re: Relocating To Lagos, Any Advice? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 04, 2019
Joromi12:
Are u coming to lag to resume work or hustle

Bro, hustle embarassed
Re: Relocating To Lagos, Any Advice? by jasper83: 9:41pm On Feb 04, 2019
I must say I'm impressed with your hustling spirit for making up your mind to relocate to Lagos. Now we need more info to advise you properly , are you married with kids? If yes you must factor them in your accommodation arrangements in terms of the size of the house and the neighbourhood should be conducive for proper upbringing of children. If you are single and starter why not look for a self contain first then upgrade later when you have understood the dynamics of living in crazy city like Lagos.

I believe 250-300k is high for a starting hustler unless you a regular source of income because 1 year is not long ooo, to avoid stories with ruthless landlords. In terms of security I know ikorodu is relatively calm,but why your choice of Ikorodu.? Why not pick a place that is somehow strategic like Ifako ijaye. It's an epicentre, not far from Ikeja, few kilometre from Lagos ibadan expressway In case your travelling and entering Lagos at night, few minutes drive to connect 3rd mainland bridge if visiting the island. And cost of living ain't bad too. But if you have made up your mind to stay in ikorodu avoid new sites area, live in areas that are fully developed with activities and not lonely neighbourhood that your safety and security can easily be compromised.

Cheers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating To Lagos, Any Advice? by murphy02(m): 9:43pm On Feb 04, 2019
vowsng:

Bro, hustle embarassed

Ikorodu eko nii

Ikorodu is an outskirts town in Lagos, you will surely get a good accomodation for that price, but if u gonna be moving outside Ikorodu daily, is going be hectic, I will suggest a place like yaba, or somewhere not too far from oshodi, won't suggest Ajah also.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relocating To Lagos, Any Advice? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 04, 2019
jasper83:
I must say I'm impressed with your hustling spirit for making up your mind to relocate to Lagos. Now we need more info to advise you properly , are you married with kids? If yes you must factor them in your accommodation arrangements in terms of the size of the house and the neighbourhood should be conducive for proper upbringing of children. If you are single and starter why not look for a self contain first then upgrade later when you have understood the dynamics of living in crazy city like Lagos.

Cheers

Thank you very much for your detailed analysis, first, I would say I'm single, but I will be staying with my younger brother who is just 20, I'm a graduate though I have not served, I would want to register for e-hailing, i.e taxify to earn a living the first few months until I settle fully, and when I do, I would want to venture into so many business like clothings, cosmetics etc, ikorodu is not a choice already, just considering the area cause of the cheap accommodation. Hope I answered you in detail.
Re: Relocating To Lagos, Any Advice? by mourinhob: 11:56pm On Feb 04, 2019
Not to disrespect ikorodu. I think you should be better off in some parts of surulere or yaba. You can definitely get a miniflat of 300k at aguda, jibowu, bariga, ebute mettA, orile, kilo. I think you should consider these areas cos they are very close to the island.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Lagos, Any Advice? by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 05, 2019
mourinhob:
Not to disrespect ikorodu. I think you should be better off in some parts of surulere or yaba. You can definitely get a miniflat of 300k at aguda, jibowu, bariga, ebute mettA, orile, kilo. I think you should consider these areas cos they are very close to the island.
The last few years i visited Bariga, it was not habitable at all.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Selling Citizenship Is Now Big Business / Given Australia And Canada, Which Would You Opt For, And Why? / How Do One Get To Kebbi From Port Harcourt By Flight?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.