Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,450 members, 7,954,766 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:50 AM

Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. (5889 Views)

Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. / @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here / All Atheists Are Evil According To Image123! Christians, Defend Your Bros! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Rhino3dm: 6:24am On Sep 18, 2010
Yes I believe in my own concept of GOD which no word, attributes can qualify him or any living brain can fathom his majesty. So i dont have the capacity to go futher with my description cos when ever i take some of his signs as example my brain shuts down try to imagine his majesty.

Do you know that no living will survive for 30 min when he sucks out the air we breath?

Do you know that even if the whole scientist that ever lived on this earth were to be present they cant produced a design which equals an ant? Even by helping each other

. . . .and if the sun was to be off for just one day who among the so called scientist can produced an alternative equal to the sun for just 1 min?

by even using HIM in my above statement i have make HIM even lesser

How straight was my answer?

Even though i ve been very busy yesterday to remember NL.

Next one please, or i should fire down with mine,
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by seyibrown(f): 10:36am On Sep 18, 2010
Rhino.3dm:

Yes I believe in my own concept of GOD which no word, attributes can qualify him or any living brain can fathom his majesty. So i dont have the capacity to go futher with my description cos when ever i take some of his signs as example my brain shuts down try to imagine his majesty.

Do you know that no living will survive for 30 min when he sucks out the air we breath?

Do you know that even if the whole scientist that ever lived on this earth were to be present they cant produced a design which equals an ant? Even by helping each other

. . . .and if the sun was to be off for just one day who among the so called scientist can produced an alternative equal to the sun for just 1 min?

From your answer, I can infer that you do believe in an Almighty God who created all beings, without whom we would not be/live/survive! He is so great that you cannot describe him enough or fathom his Majesty; and no human being can produce any thing that will match the superiority, complexity and wonder of his designs.

Thanks for taking time to answer. Please fire on with your question number 5!
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 18, 2010
From the aforementioned, rhino should be a deist, who ignorantly think the 'christian God' is different from his own version of God just like deep sight&jenwitemi
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by nopuqeater: 12:35pm On Sep 18, 2010
@Seyibrown: « #129 on: Today at 10:36:54 AM »
[Quote]Quote from: Rhino.3dm on Today at 06:24:18 AM

From your answer, I can infer that you do believe in an Almighty God who created all beings, without whom we would not be/live/survive! He is so great that you cannot describe him enough or fathom his Majesty; and no human being can produce any thing that will match the superiority, complexity and wonder of his designs.]/Quote]ANd Seyibrown has call this GOD, Jesus who fails each of what Rhino.3dm could not even accurately described. How unjust to That True God! How unjust to the effort of Rhino.3dm. Just my comment. [/quote]
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by seyibrown(f): 5:27pm On Sep 18, 2010
Toba,

Please, withold your comments till Rhino & I have finished our 21 Questions. We will declare the thread open to others when we are finished.

nopuqeater (Why do I suspect you don't like pork from your name?  grin),

Rhino is yet to tell me whether the Almighty God he described is the same as you serve; If you wish to know why I follow Jehovah's son instead of your God's servant or if you wish to convince me that I should follow your God's servant rather than Jesus (with sufficient explanation, not insults and just plain hatred), we can trash it out on another thread, not Rhino's thread. It is something I will look forward to as I am open to enlightenment. Please start the new thread now, I will bookmark it and come to start the debate once I have concluded this with Rhino. In the mean time, please, also withold your comments till Rhino & I have finished our 21 Questions. We will declare the thread open to others when we are finished.

Thank you all.

Rhino, next please!
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Rhino3dm: 5:41pm On Sep 18, 2010
Thanx seyi i have to admit that i have learnt something from you. . .

seyibrown:

Toba,

Please, withold your comments till Rhino & I have finished our 21 Questions. We will declare the thread open to others when we are finished.

nopuqeater (Why do I suspect you don't like pork from your name?  grin),

Rhino is yet to tell me whether the Almighty God he described is the same as you serve; If you wish to know why I follow Jehovah's son instead of your God's servant or if you wish to convince me that I should follow your God's servant rather than Jesus (with sufficient explanation, not insults and just plain hatred), we can trash it out on another thread, not Rhino's thread. It is something I will look forward to as I am open to enlightenment. Please start the new thread now, I will bookmark it and come to start the debate once I have concluded this with Rhino. In the mean time, please, also withold your comments till Rhino & I have finished our 21 Questions. We will declare the thread open to others when we are finished.

Thank you all.

Rhino, next please!

Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Rhino3dm: 5:46pm On Sep 18, 2010
5. Do you believe in miracle(s)? ?
If yes give me some scenario.
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2010
Padi mi, o de fi girl yi sile. Se ofe fe ni? Tell me i can be a medium
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2010
Padi mi, o de fi girl yi sile. Se ofe fe ni? Tell me i can be a medium
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Rhino3dm: 9:43pm On Sep 18, 2010
^^ se otin bere sin kpe me ni padi ti tori iyawo, ni ijosi olo ro ejo mi fun modirato to ri mon ba ye sere?. Bawoni maa fe ayon ti mi ti rii? Se ni ilu ye won fe iyawo ni internet? Medium ko medium ni.
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by nopuqeater: 11:26pm On Sep 18, 2010
^^^^^Rhino.3d, there is no kp in yoruba written or spoken. Pe is pe, not kpe. Ke is another word.

carry on. I am enjoying your dialogue with seyibrown, Whatever side you are on, is fine with me. Am just enjoying it.
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by seyibrown(f): 1:07pm On Sep 19, 2010
[b]I believe in miracles! I have many testimonies there’s no space to share them on here!

My family is a living example! In 2005, a man made a death threat against my father, he still continues pronouncing to people that my father would die. Every other person this man had in the past made a death pronouncement against died. I am talking of not less than 20 people (before my family cut ties with him, probably more since that time), they usually die within 30 days of his pronouncement or fall sick within the 30 days and die after a prolonged illness. He also keeps pronouncing all sorts against my family. It has some years now and I thank God that every weapon that has been fashioned by this man against my family has not prospered. Yes, he tried to keep his promise but the Spirit of God raised a standard against him. Whenever this evil man is planning something it is always revealed in a dream to one or more members of my family. My family has passed through a lot but God has always been there for us. He has made sure that the waters have never overflowed us. Today, my family is fine and doing well contrary to the evil man's pronouncements. Every minute that my father breathes is a miracle for me; every day that each member of my family spends on this earth is a miracle.

I don’t know if you are looking for testimonies of a specific kind of miracle but this one above is one that I am continually grateful to God for because salvation and the gift of life are greater than any other type of miracle. We continually cling to his promise in Psalm 91 and all the other promises.

Psalm 91 (King James Version) [/b]
1He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
9Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
10There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
12They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
13Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
14Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
15He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
16With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

[b]It has not been by our power or by our might. It is not because we are good people who go to Church every day. It is by the Spirit of God. We recognise the power that is in the blood of Jesus Christ and the truth that is able to set us free. We have faith in God and he has been faithful to us all these years! He has fought our battles for us! He has been good to us! We have tasted the Lord and know that he is good! ‘If God be for be for us, who can be against us’ (Romans 8:28 -31)! ‘When the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him’ (Isaiah 59:19).

When all sorts come your way in life and you can’t handle them on your own, who do you turn to? Who do you call on? Who do you ask for a help? Who do you ask for a miracle? Whose promises do you stand on?

I ask Jehovah who is tried and tested, in Jesus name. I check the Bible and hold on to him and say if did this miracle here, he can do mine! His word says ask and it shall be given to; seek and you shall find; knock and the door shall be opened to you (Matthew 7:7). He will move mountains for me; He will make a way where there seems to be no way.

Are you looking for a particular miracle? You know just who to ask now! [/b]
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Rhino3dm: 6:22pm On Sep 19, 2010
Hmm. Very thrilling!
Ok. Lets assume what happen to you was to happen to someone who is not a christain will it be called miracle? ? Be it that the person hates christianity with all passion.
I have been through several near death experinces for instance in 1991 there was a bloody religiuos crisis in Bauchi state and i was very carefree with the situation irrespective of several warnings on the extent of killings . . .
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Rhino3dm: 6:39pm On Sep 19, 2010
. . . And national festival of sport was going on, i refuse to hid to the warning and went a head to watch basket ball in an indoor sport hall, unknowing to me the then military administrator has giving a shoot on sight order to the military. I was among the only survivor in a number of closed to 100 death bodies. It was very terrifying at the moment cos i was soak in pool of blood, but i was ok. Later that night my uncle warned me and ask me to stay in door. The next was a dusk to down curfew and just took a walk within my vicinity to see my friend. . .
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Rhino3dm: 6:58pm On Sep 19, 2010
. . . I was with him in thier house and we were alone cos his parents had taking refuge in the military barracks. Suddenly he excuses me with the intention of just buying biscuit in the neighbourhood. For a while something crosses my mind that i should scare him of,f when he his back then i decided to hid at the back of the entrance door and scream at him. The sound of foot steps caused me to tip-toed pause for a moment at the back of the door. All of a sudden i notice that he was not alone from the irregular foot steps, the next thing i hear was a loud bang on me been that i was already at back of the door. My best friend led some group of people to come and kill me in thier house. I was virtually dead at that moment. The one of the said that "dan buran uban ya fita" . . . Meaning the stupid guy has left.
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Rhino3dm: 7:13pm On Sep 19, 2010
I was traumatised and hospitalized for like a month and keep on visualizing that moment for a long period of time. Since then i conquered death and i was virtually living on a borrowed life. Could i be right if i called the above a miracle? ? And if yes to whom should i creadited it to if miracle is a patentship of christains. Waiting for your candid response please.
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by seyibrown(f): 11:28pm On Sep 20, 2010
Rhino.3dm:

I was traumatised and hospitalized for like a month and keep on visualizing that moment for a long period of time. Since then i conquered death and i was virtually living on a borrowed life. Could i be right if i called the above a miracle? ? And if yes to whom should i creadited it to if miracle is a patentship of christains. Waiting for your candid response please.

Are you sure you are not James Bond?  grin  grin

If those things did happen to you, you can consider your escapes miraculous! Someone's definitely watching over you for some reason but whom you choose to credit your protection and preservation to is your choice. Whether you are giving credit to the right person is the real matter.

People define miracles in many ways. I see miracles as divine interventions where human and physical efforts fail. When you say ‘miracle is a patentship of Christians’, do you mean that Christians more readily acknowledge God for almost everything? Yes, I think they do. I attribute every goodness and favour I have found to God Almighty. I have no power of my own to protect myself from this world.

I credit my protection and preservation to my Creator Jehovah. His plans for me are plans for good, not of evil, to give me an expected end (Jeremiah 29:11). Psalm 121 says more of our protector.

Psalm 121 (King James Version)

1I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
3He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
4Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
6The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
7The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
8The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

I do not put my trust in horses and chariots (Psalm 20:7), or in worldly ‘connections’. I am ‘connected’ to the most high God – not ‘jekuredu gods’.

You said in an earlier response that you believe in an Almighty God. You say that you ‘conquered death and have virtually been living on a borrowed life’. This makes me say that you do think someone is responsible for your still being alive today.

Who has been preserving you? For what purpose? Do you credit your life to him? Do you worship him? Do you seek to please him in all you do? Do you communicate with him? Do you hear from him? How have you appreciated the one who has protected you? What relationship have you got with him? Father –Son/Daughter; Master – Servant; Groom – Bride, Father-in-law – Daughter-in-Law or Friend – Friend?

Who deserves credit? How can we give credit to him that deserves it? We can do so by living our lives in a way that lets others see him in our lives and praise him!

Matthew 5:16 (Amplified Bible)

16Let your light so shine before men that they may see your moral excellence and your praiseworthy, noble, and good deeds and recognize and honor and praise and glorify your Father Who is in heaven.

What more can you give to that someone who gave you your life (You said borrowed life) back other than your life?

Make sure you have been giving credit to the one who deserves it. Imagine your son thanking the gateman instead of you every time you buy him a present! Give credit to the one who truly deserves it!
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by aletheia(m): 11:52pm On Sep 20, 2010
@Rhino.3dm:
I have been following your dialogue with seyibrown with interest. Concerning your experiences, I would say that it is God Almighty that preserved you through those encounters, I believe He has a plan for your life. You did say that you came out from a "Christian" background. No doubt, some things you observed or experienced made you turn your back on man-made religion (which is what most churches are anyway) but this need not mean that you turn your back on God the Father and Jesus Christ, who is Lord over all. Almighty God holds out a promise to all who seek him in truth. He says:
Jeremiah 29:13. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
My prayer is that you find peace and be reconciled with Him through Jesus His Son.
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Enigma(m): 3:00am On Sep 21, 2010
^^^ Amen.
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Rhino3dm: 4:57am On Sep 21, 2010
Late last year i came to the country to see a friend after like 4 days in jos i decided to make some delivaries in portharcourt. The next morning we were about to depart then a lady came pleading with an issue that her husband informed her this morning that thier maide has abondoned thier thier three kids and she has to be in portharcourt as early as possible. . . . . .
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Rhino3dm: 5:05am On Sep 21, 2010
. . . Then thier was this rowdy moment in the bus"go and take a flight", "you are lying" this and that. I thought about it for a while and i said take my seat the guy next to me says " you dont know this women" i told him no wahala afteral what am i going to do with her truth. Then they left. I join the next bus, infact at point in time i was about to start regreting my actions.
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Rhino3dm: 5:16am On Sep 21, 2010
. . . Then after the normal routine we depart and i notice our deriver was over speeding and i cautioned him he refused. At about 60km to markurdi we started visualizing a kind of chaos in the middle of the road and when we came very close we notice i was an accident, the first bus i was supposed be in had an head to head collision with another and the village rescuers were busy looting thier belongings while all you hear is a pain-like sound and struggling form different dirction. We make a quick effort vacate our bus serach for the few survivors. . . .
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Rhino3dm: 5:47am On Sep 21, 2010
. . .some of the occupant of my bus were so scared and couldnt even come close to the scene, some were crying. Before we could make any meaningful effort they all died. Took the bodies to the motuary, make a police entries and take our bus to car wash cos it was so messed up.
Every body was saying iam so lucky i  should make a thanks giving i'd never wanted to disappoint them by telling them i dont even go church
All i know is thier has to be a proper explanations.
to my mysterious life other than the above you guys mentioned. Beside i dont even believe in jesus and he knows that too.   
lets not make this thread a 'mysterious history class' cos there was a time i have this chronic typhoid  and  i was in a comma for three days, at a point my uncle says am dead and i should quickly be taking to the cemetry if not for a medical doctor that insisted that am still alive  by now i  wont be typing this .     i have seen it all and i know that am not going to live longer for sure. Holla me when you are ready for my next question. . .
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by seyibrown(f): 7:34pm On Sep 22, 2010
Rhino3.dm,

The decision to acknowledge those who do us good in our lives is ours alone to take. Nobody can force us to acknowledge or give credit to those who deserve it. It is your choice alone to seek out and acknowledge the true source of your protection and preservation! Read the story of Nebuchadnezzar in the Book of Daniel (In the Bible) to see what happened when Nebuchanezzar did not give glory to the right person!

We do nothing by our own power or might; (The true)God deserves all the Glory, Honour and Praise!

Ready for your next question, Rhino!
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Rhino3dm: 12:43pm On Sep 24, 2010
O.k
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 24, 2010
Jesus
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 24, 2010
Jesus
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Rhino3dm: 1:37pm On Sep 24, 2010
^^^What's the meaning of that. . . What are you on to ? ? Are you in need of help or what?? Better go fix your keyboard or buy new one and stop spamming this section with your double posting.
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by seyibrown(f): 1:06pm On Sep 29, 2010
Rhino3.dm,

Have I answered all your 21 questions in the 5 or so questions you have asked? Please confirm this so I can start posing my questions to you.
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Rhino3dm: 6:15pm On Sep 29, 2010
No. You have not been on line for while and notice my last question was answered after like 2days. thought you are kind of busy and i am just having a change of scene. . . . To be continue tonight

seyibrown:

Rhino3.dm,

Have I answered all your 21 questions in the 5 or so questions you have asked? Please confirm this so I can start posing my questions to you.

Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by nopuqeater: 9:02pm On Sep 29, 2010
@Rhino.3dm; « #155 on: September 24, 2010, 01:37 PM »
[Quote]^^^What's the meaning of that. . . What are you on to ? ? Are you in need of help or what?? Better go fix your keyboard or buy new one and stop spamming this section with your double posting.[/Quote] Please see the below for the answer to your question of double posting.

[Quote]« #153 on: September 24, 2010, 12:53 PM »

Jesus
Report to moderator Logged
toba

Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith.
« #154 on: September 24, 2010, 12:54 PM »

Jesus
Report to moderator Logged[/Quote]Truly. The first Jesus was the killing machine Yahweh, Jehovah, Adonia, Elohim, Eloi (Take your choice), of the Old Testament.

The second Jesus was the meek, only talk, but encouraging people to buy sword, parable talking god, son of god trinitarian entity of New Testament. Note that by the time of NT he had killed so many people that he was not interested in actual killing any more, and he had to , as the christian say put himself up for the experience of the killing which he had done so many time in such and efficient and huge number of lives lost. He finally realised it is painful to die, the reason he yelled out to another God or as the christians love to say himself in a different form "My God, my God , why forsake me?

@Toba; One who ives by the sword dies by the sword. One who ordered the purchases of sword dies by hanging? Toba, that is a question for you to answer.
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Rhino3dm: 9:45pm On Sep 29, 2010
^^ watch out for your own thread and all the muslims on NL tag

" No hiding place for Nopugeater et al"

by then i will stretch you to the limit cos i can understand Arabic language if you know what i mean . . . . Coming soon!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

youtube videos debunking Evolution? / secular act P Diddy hosts pastor TD jakes for dinner In million Dollar Mansion. / Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.