Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,538 members, 7,816,309 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

"Don't Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Before Election" - PDP: See Reactions - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Don't Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Before Election" - PDP: See Reactions (40385 Views)

"We'll Deliver Red Line Rail Before End Of Our First Term" - Sanwo-olu / APC State, Chapter And Ward Officers Declare For Udom Emmanuel And PDP (See List / Wave Of Resignations Hit Akwa Ibom PDP (See Resignation Letters) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Don't Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Before Election" - PDP: See Reactions by KunleyY19(m): 9:12am On Feb 06, 2019
ebujany:
Nigerians indeed, PDP just stated a fact....that project is incomplete but APC is ready to risk the life's of Nigerians just for political gain. Smh

So Engineer's there too will want to Risk their Career for politics... And risk all their licenses all in the name of Politics...
And Negate Safety to the masses which is The keyword of Engineers...

If it's not Safe the Engineers cannot Endorse it...

come on You can do better...SMH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Don't Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Before Election" - PDP: See Reactions by Edgektwo: 9:12am On Feb 06, 2019
chozzy:
Nigerians must note that Buhari did not negotiate nor pay a dime for ongoing railways and airport terminals projects.

May God bless GEJ and his super minister of Aviation, STELLA ODUAH for the
four international terminal buildings in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt and Kano.

May God Almighty bless GEJ and his super minister of Transport, Sen Idris Umar, for negotiating with
China and paying upfront in full, Nigeria's share of the 15% counterparts fund for the following rail projects.
(The Chinese govt is providing the balance of 85% as loans)

1) Abuja - Kaduna (99.9% completed in 2015)
2) Abuja MetroLine (98% completed in 2015)
3) Itakpe - Ajaokuta - Warri (65% completed in 2015)
4) Lagos - Ibadan (20% completed in 2015)

you better dont say what you dont know lagos-ibadan in particular i stay around that area Gej did nothing talking about starting a project without completing it, like you dont know its means to loot money and abandon the project lagos-ibadan express way for example
we take political party like a football club we support, politicians are no longer playing us we now playing ourselves
if atiku was running as president under APC would you ve supported him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Don't Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Before Election" - PDP: See Reactions by Jaideyone(m): 9:18am On Feb 06, 2019
chozzy:
Nigerians must note that Buhari did not negotiate nor pay a dime for ongoing railways and airport terminals projects.

May God Almighty bless GEJ and his super minister of Transport, Sen Idris Umar, for negotiating with
China and paying upfront in full, Nigeria's share of the 15% counterparts fund for the following rail projects.

you must think we are fools

the same Lagos Ibadan rail that fg paid 72b for in January 2017 is what you are crediting Jonathan for starting it?
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/fg-releases-n72bn-full-counterpart-funding-lagos-ibadan-rail/

you can only fool yourself

as for the others that were 99% completed why didn't Jonathan commission them?

itakpe-ajaokuta-warri has been on for over 20yrs now yet your PDP couldn't conclude it in 16yrs?

ori yin ti daru sir

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Don't Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Before Election" - PDP: See Reactions by youngakodex: 9:23am On Feb 06, 2019
chozzy:

Sorry is your name and forgot to add Cassava Bread Project (100% Completed in 2015 before Chief Looters left)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Don't Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Before Election" - PDP: See Reactions by Basic123: 9:25am On Feb 06, 2019
PVision2020:
I'll rather have my thumb cut than vote for PDP. Buhari may not be the best, but he his by far better than any good PDP can offer. I understand when kids born yesterday clamor for pdp, but for a grown adult who witnessed the brazen boldness and impunity pdp looted our treasury without doing anything, shows that the fellow either benefited from the rot or biased.
EXACTLY!

children born in 1999 and 2000s

people that benefited from PDP largesse and corrupted economy!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Don't Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Before Election" - PDP: See Reactions by KunleyY19(m): 9:26am On Feb 06, 2019
Even If I don't know other Roads I Know...
Ilorin-Jebba-Mokwa... Even the bridge that collapsed at Tatabu has been repaired...
Futmites can relate...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Don't Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Before Election" - PDP: See Reactions by murmee: 9:28am On Feb 06, 2019
chozzy:

Why are you lying? Which Lagos-Ibadan are you talking about? The 20% must have happened in your dreams!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Don't Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Before Election" - PDP: See Reactions by ogundeleai(m): 9:29am On Feb 06, 2019
the guy that first reacted to senseless tweet would have been blocked by now.......
Re: "Don't Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Before Election" - PDP: See Reactions by ebujany(m): 9:43am On Feb 06, 2019
KunleyY19:

So Engineer's there too will want to Risk their Career for politics... And risk all their licenses all in the name of Politics...
And Negate Safety to the masses which is The keyword of Engineers...

If it's not Safe the Engineers cannot Endorse it...

come on You can do better...SMH

Even APC admitted the rail will be ready by June. Now why the rush? Politics bra politics. You guys don't think. I wish you and your family ride that train next week
Re: "Don't Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Before Election" - PDP: See Reactions by Edgektwo: 9:49am On Feb 06, 2019
ebujany:

Even APC admitted the rail will be ready by June. Now why the rush? Politics bra politics. You guys don't think. I wish you and your family ride that train next week

Dont be an illitrate man just because of politics some part of the rail will be commissioned that the lagos-abk axis and it will be completed by june even the lagos axis is not completed the train will move from iju station to abk for now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Don't Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Before Election" - PDP: See Reactions by rusher14: 9:57am On Feb 06, 2019
jaxxy:

Stop thinking backwards. Go and study how developed countries did it and learn. Government never built everything or even most things. Power on the us is private, technology is private, transportation is private. Learn!

And PDP was waiting to privatise the roads that's why they left them untouched.

Person never cross airport go dey tell us about abroad.
Re: "Don't Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Before Election" - PDP: See Reactions by olaolaking: 9:58am On Feb 06, 2019
chozzy:

may God forgive you. The same railway that Amaechi submitted the design to pmb and he rejected it and asked that the design must pass through ekiti and ondo. The same project that Amaechi and Kemi adeosun went to China to negotiate the loan.

Lie can kee
Re: "Don't Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Before Election" - PDP: See Reactions by asunmoGGMU(m): 10:02am On Feb 06, 2019
DRSEGUNBABA:
All this Yoruba people talking nonsense check this out

When did Anambra turned to a Yoruba state? You that you are talking sense. Robot just copied and pasted this BS here and he is even acting like he found Uranus.
Re: "Don't Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Before Election" - PDP: See Reactions by asunmoGGMU(m): 10:09am On Feb 06, 2019
jaxxy:

Sani who? Who implemented it from scratch to completion? All credit goes to obj.

Stop saying what you don't know, GSM licences were first awarded under the Sani Abacha military regime in the late 1990s. You these kids just come here to spew BS.

Do you people know how PDP has plunged this country to an incorrigible state? PMB has not done fine AT ALL. However, going back to a PDP will show that Nigerians don't have sense AT ALL. PDP lowered the standard of governance in this country.
Re: "Don't Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Before Election" - PDP: See Reactions by Peacecore: 10:14am On Feb 06, 2019
Inec shud de_register dat bunch of vultures called pdp
Re: "Don't Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Before Election" - PDP: See Reactions by octavian(m): 10:20am On Feb 06, 2019
jamace:

So, youths should wait until they become grand daddies before they can be saddled with responsibilities, eh?

We focus on minor forgetting the major, the question we should be asking is, are these organizations working YES or NO? what is the succession plan in case the senior management retire from office?

But rather, we ask why are youths not heading those sectors. List 5 youths that have the competency to lead the sector
Re: "Don't Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Before Election" - PDP: See Reactions by JFT24(m): 10:22am On Feb 06, 2019
chozzy:

Your Mumu no get level at all.
Stop being myopic
Re: "Don't Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Before Election" - PDP: See Reactions by KunleyY19(m): 10:24am On Feb 06, 2019
ebujany:

The train was meant to reach Ibadan by that time...But they fast tracked it so they would finish that of Abeokuta first and embark on Ibadan own later...

I repeat Engr's there Are expert ...And They won't trade their licenses for politics...
Re: "Don't Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Before Election" - PDP: See Reactions by Mariory(m): 10:26am On Feb 06, 2019
PDP really have no shame.
Re: "Don't Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Before Election" - PDP: See Reactions by jamace(m): 10:30am On Feb 06, 2019
octavian:

We focus on minor forgetting the major, the question we should be asking is, are these organizations working YES or NO? what is the succession plan in case the senior management retire from office?

But rather, we ask why are youths not heading those sectors. List 5 youths that have the competency to lead the sector
Myself and many other youths can more than those daddies. The govt only need to have an open mind to source qualified and competent youths. Nepotism and godfatherism ruins Nigeria.
Re: "Don't Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Before Election" - PDP: See Reactions by Edgektwo: 10:32am On Feb 06, 2019
PDP CREATED POVERTY.

This comparative analysis below is important to common man...who are the majority voters in 2019 elections.

1. They said when Buhari took over from them a bag of rice was N11,500 but they took over when it was N2,500.

2. They said when Buhari took over from them one litre of petrol was N87 but they took over when it was N11.

3. They said when Buhari took over from them one dollar was N235 but they took over when it was N20.

4. They said when Buhari took over from them a bag of cement was N2,000 but they took over when it was N400.

Analysis between APC and PDP government of 16 years and 3 and half years.

ON MAJOR COMMODITIES.

Rice.
APC N15,000-N11,500 = N4,500
PDP N11,500-N2,500 = N9,000

Petrol.
APC N145-N87 = N58
PDP N87-N20 = N76

US Dollar.
APC N360-N235 = N125
PDP N235-N20 = N215

Cement.
APC N2,500-N2,000 = N500
PDP N2,000-N400 = N1,600

Who then created poverty and hunger in the land?

Spread it all to everyone out there on the street.

PYO Media Research Team
Re: "Don't Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Before Election" - PDP: See Reactions by octavian(m): 10:33am On Feb 06, 2019
otokx:

Add JAMB

Lolll, my brother most times Nigerians are blinded with sentiments forgetting or neglecting the fact that some of the sectors are now cash cow to the Federal Government. FIRS is another example, our oil is a thing that this administration promised not to focus on, though they renege on some of those promises which is unwise. However, we can see that in the past year or 2, sectors that we (Nigerians) never thought revenue existed are now cash cows, yet someone is asking must it always be granddaddies to lead them, see ehhh if na grandad go lead am successfully till the youths wake up from sleep then no wahala
Re: "Don't Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Before Election" - PDP: See Reactions by octavian(m): 10:37am On Feb 06, 2019
jamace:

Myself and many other youths can more than those daddies. The govt only need to have an open mind to source qualified and competent youths. Nepotism and godfatherism ruins Nigeria.

Without doubt or prejudice, I don't know your qualifications but even Donald Trump or Angela Merkel sourced for competent hands who happen to be top men in their careers. I'm yet to see a top US official in Trump's administration that is youth, whether he is performing is another story.
Re: "Don't Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Before Election" - PDP: See Reactions by jaxxy(m): 10:37am On Feb 06, 2019
asunmoGGMU:

Stop saying what you don't know, GSM licences were first awarded under the Sani Abacha military regime in the late 1990s. You these kids just come here to spew BS.

Do you people know how PDP has plunged this country to an incorrigible state? PMB has not done fine AT ALL. However, going back to a PDP will show that Nigerians don't have sense AT ALL. PDP lowered the standard of governance in this country.

I said Obasanjo I didn’t say Pdp generally. Who doesn’t know Abacha got license bt did u see any gsm? I’m talking about implementation Ure talking paper work and grammar.
Re: "Don't Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Before Election" - PDP: See Reactions by asunmoGGMU(m): 10:43am On Feb 06, 2019
jaxxy:

I said Obasanjo I didn’t say Pdp generally. Who doesn’t know Abacha got license bt did u see any gsm? I’m talking about implementation Ure talking paper work and grammar.

"Sani who? Who implemented it from scratch to completion? All credit goes to obj."

Bloody liar, see what you wrote above. Was Obj not under the platform of PDP. What are you saying really? Do you think you are conversing with a dunce?
Re: "Don't Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Before Election" - PDP: See Reactions by jaxxy(m): 10:46am On Feb 06, 2019
rusher14:

And PDP was waiting to privatise the roads that's why they left them untouched.

Person never cross airport go dey tell us about abroad.

I started traveling b4 I was 6. That said u don’t have to cross the airport to read up on developed nations and see what private bodies are doing. Even oil and gas is Totally or partially runned by private cooperations. Keep deceiving urself with archaic thinking.

Government only needs to monitor these private companies on compliance and regulation. Keep asking me about roads.

1 Like

Re: "Don't Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Before Election" - PDP: See Reactions by BluntBoy(m): 10:47am On Feb 06, 2019
jaxxy:

Sani who? Who implemented it from scratch to completion? All credit goes to obj.

The only credit that goes to Obasanjo is the transparent auctioning that he supervised. He was not the one who implemented it from the scratch. Nigeria had given out licenses right from the time of Sani Abacha. This means that implementation started from that time. General Abdulsalami did an auction but Obasanjo came in as president and redid the auction.
Re: "Don't Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Before Election" - PDP: See Reactions by rusher14: 10:48am On Feb 06, 2019
jaxxy:

I started traveling b4 I was 6. That said u don’t have to cross the airport to read up on developed nations and see what private bodies are doing. Even oil and gas is Totally or partially runned by private cooperations. Keep deceiving urself with archaic thinking.

Government only needs to monitor these private companies on compliance and regulation. Keep asking me about roads.

Travelling where?
Cotonou?
grin
Re: "Don't Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Before Election" - PDP: See Reactions by jaxxy(m): 10:48am On Feb 06, 2019
asunmoGGMU:

"Sani who? Who implemented it from scratch to completion? All credit goes to obj."

Bloody liar, see what you wrote above. Was Obj not under the platform of PDP. What are you saying really? Do you think you are conversing with a dunce?

Ur mixing up my point. I spoke of obj’s performance specifically not Pdp in my initial response and Obj implemented it yes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. / IMF: Nigerian Economy May Collapse If… / Police Officers Send-Off Former IG, Alkali Baba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.