Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,663 members, 7,862,033 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:52 AM

Only Tinubu Is Carrying Out Awolowo's Legacies - Sagay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only Tinubu Is Carrying Out Awolowo's Legacies - Sagay (484 Views)

2023: Vote Only Tinubu - South-West Muslims (MUSWEN) / Dele Momodu: Only Tinubu Could Appoint A ‘Certified Nuisance’ Like Festus Keyamo / APC Primaries: Only Tinubu Is Running On His Own Endorsement - Okolo Eteri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only Tinubu Is Carrying Out Awolowo's Legacies - Sagay by hisexcellency34: 1:24pm On Feb 06, 2019
Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC) on Tuesday declared that he is now a member of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

He however maintained that he did not join the party for material reward.

Sagay, in a statement made available to DAILY INDEPENDENT, said he joined the defunct Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN) founded by the late sage, Obafemi Awolowo, and later became a supporter of the defunct Alliance for Democracy (AD), Action Congress (AC) and Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) led by Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, who according to him, is the closest inheritor of Awolowo’s mantle.

Sagay, in the statement, also had some strong words for Yinka Odumakin, National Publicity Secretary of Afenifere, who he said supported and became the spokesman of President Muhammadu Buhari, then candidate of the Congress for Progressives Change (CPC) in the 2011 presidential election, but dumped him for former President Goodluck Jonathan, who won the election.

“I have never been involved in politics for gain in my life. In 1979, I joined the UPN of Chief Awolowo. I was a member of the UPN Think Tank, based in Ile-Ife and headed by no less a person than the late Prof. Sam Aluko. We asked for no material reward and were given none.

“I was a supporter of AD, AC and ACN led by Asiwaju Tinubu, who I regard as the closest inheritor of the Awolowo mantle. Now, I am a member of the APC and I am serving it just as I served the Action Group. I have not changed since 1962. I will never change.

“In 2011, Odumakin came calling at my house with a card from Gen. Buhari seeking my support. Odumakin spent two hours, vigorously putting across the high qualities of Gen. Buhari. Although, I was already inclined to support Buhari, Odumakin’s visit capped the whole matter.

“But, what of Odumakin himself? He was a chief supporter and spokesman for Buhari in 2011, but as the whole world knows, Buhari has no free money for anybody. And so, Odumakin packed his bag, abandoned Buhari and headed for Jonathan to become Jonathan’s errand boy.

“Jonathan lost the election and carpet bagger Odumakin pulled up his tent from Jonathan’s environment and headed for Atiku to pitch his tent there. Odumakin always follows the money…

“He is a man who moves from camp to camp in order to feed. Unfortunately, Odumakin brings bad luck to every principal he purports to serve. When he served Buhari, Buhari lost the presidential election in 2011. He moved on to Jonathan, and Jonathan lost the presidential election in 2015. Now that he has moved on to Atiku, Atiku’s fate can be foretold.”

Sagay, in the statement, also denied the claim allegedly made by Odumakin that he supported calls for the extradition in 2015 of the late Diepreye Alameiyeseigha, former governor of Bayelsa to the United Kingdom.

“For me, the most painful part of his savage attack on me is his assertion that I betrayed Deprieye Alameiyeseigha, former governor of Bayelsa State. Odumakin had made this assertion before in October 2017; I corrected it in the newspapers. That he has repeated these lies again shows that Odumakin is a chronic and unrepentant liar.

“Let me say straight away that I was strongly opposed to the rumoured move by government to extradite the former governor. I was certainly not consulted by the government and could therefore not have advised them on that subject. All these stories were concocted by his enemies in order to ruin my reputation.”
https://www.independent.ng/i-didnt-join-apc-for-material-gain-sagay/

1 Like

Re: Only Tinubu Is Carrying Out Awolowo's Legacies - Sagay by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 07, 2019
Re: Only Tinubu Is Carrying Out Awolowo's Legacies - Sagay by Ojoji(m): 7:04pm On Feb 07, 2019
I now know APC leaders are confirmed deceivers. There is sharp contrast between the two. Awo never believed in indivisibility of Nigeria, he never pretended that all is fine as Nigeria currently constituted. Tinubu was shouting true federalism when he was in opposition party, alas no one hears anything like that again because Buhari doesn't want that. Tinubu is a coward to the extent that whatever Buhari wants to hear that he will say. Comparing the two men based on legacy is an insult to Yoruba because Tinubu is after his belly simple.
Re: Only Tinubu Is Carrying Out Awolowo's Legacies - Sagay by BuhariLooter(m): 7:06pm On Feb 07, 2019
If a president should say he has not perform well in his govt andyou still want to vote for him you need a brain check
If a president should go out of the country to say the youths in his country are lazy when he hasn't provide jobs and you still want to vote for him you need a brain check
If a president doesn't answers questions correctly even after being explained to like he's in pry 2 and still the answer didn't hit the question and you still want to vote for him my brothers and sisters you have brain tumor
If the wife of the president should come out to say his husband govt has been hijack by the cabals and you still feel that president deserve second term you need a brain check I will pay the bills
Re: Only Tinubu Is Carrying Out Awolowo's Legacies - Sagay by BuhariLooter(m): 7:07pm On Feb 07, 2019
Atiku to be president WILL bring the future that we desire AND it would send a strong message to aspiring politicians that Nigerians have outgrown the habit that encourages failures and totalitatrians in Government. If Atiku fails we shall show him the door in 2023, but if we fail to make that bold statement now, then I can tell you that Nigeria's challenges may go beyond 2027. We cannot afford not to let this Government go, they have wronged and taken Nigerians for granted on too many levels. I just hope we are able to show our leaders that the power they wield was given to them by us.A Vote for buhari is SATANIC!
Re: Only Tinubu Is Carrying Out Awolowo's Legacies - Sagay by BuhariLooter(m): 7:08pm On Feb 07, 2019
#OperationBackToDauraWhat conscience has buhari to ask Benue, Taraba, Niger, kogi, Zamfara, Adamawa, Kaduna, Plateau, Nasarawa to vote for him after "deliberately" allowing fulani herdsmen to kill thousands of their people and rendering many homeless? Is it not shocking that over 73 people were killed in Benue in a day by people who are still in our midst? Why is Buhari protecting serial murderers like the fulani herdsmen? Why have we not seen any serious effort from the govt in arresting and prosecuting these mass murderers instead of asking Nigerians to submit their land for ranch or be killed? Is anything wrong with those supporting Buhari or are they part of the killer-herdsmen?anybody that supports Buhari is my enemy. Such person is evil and should be dreaded.
Re: Only Tinubu Is Carrying Out Awolowo's Legacies - Sagay by Kingspin(m): 7:13pm On Feb 07, 2019
If not for tribalism.
APC have nothing to campaign for
Maybe, Atiku victory will solve that epidemic
Re: Only Tinubu Is Carrying Out Awolowo's Legacies - Sagay by Kingspin(m): 7:13pm On Feb 07, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed and APC Condemned Mbu For Speaking Against Ballot Snatching / I Won’t Step Down, Says INEC Chairman / NEWS ALERT: Pdp's Plan To Orchestrate Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.