Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,729 members, 7,820,523 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. (39065 Views)

Man Stabs Lover To Death In Broad Day Light In Ajegunle Lagos / Video Footage Captures Robbers Operating In Broad Day Light In Benin (Video) / 2 UNN Microbiology Students Raped In A Broad Day Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by dochenaj: 5:16am On Feb 08, 2019
PremiumLeaks:

You guys keep hyping this Lagos street background nonsense and more people are scammed in Lagos than anywhere else in this country!! Shey they have Madagascar background no? Abegi!! We Nigerians always hype ourselves as some very smart fellas and some Russian was able to scam us finish in the name of MMM!

See I have come to realise that one should just pray not to fall for such evil such evil schemes because if boys set format for you ehn...hmm...I know tales where folks experienced such and you can't even wrap your head around how they pull it off!!

God bless you geek4k for the courage to share so that others will learn, I guess if you were told you will fall for something like this, you might have said NEVER!!
Tell me any of these your highfalutin schemes they pulled on people and I'll show you how it hinged on greed, naivety, desperation, dishonesty. If you don't have any of these elements, no carefully crafted plot or scam can work on you. If you pray at Everest and have any of those virtues, you're scammable

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by topeorekoy(m): 9:46am On Feb 08, 2019
Also, do not allow anyone you don't know transfer cash to your account for you to help him ot her withdraw.

It could be that your account is being used to receive ransome.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by pomide(m): 2:01pm On Feb 08, 2019
Your story ended here

“You walk barefooted, it’s too dangerous”. What tha..?!! I think his proverb to me translate how spiritually vulnerable I am. My mom had always said that too."
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:16pm On Feb 08, 2019
ClixMaster:
My brother pray you dont see yourself in a hypnotized state one day. This was how they entered my shop one day as if they wanted to buy phone, jazed and made away with Canon CX. My eyes clear immediately they left.

bro educate yourself so i dont have to do it for you.... this shit happen also here in South America and it has nothing to do with "jazz" and all to do with a substance called SCOPOLAMINE (Google it). they will give it to you or spray it on you and the next minute that person could ask you for your pin number and you will gladly hand it to them with no hassle from you etc. when these people get you, they take EVERYTHING you got, and empty your bank account! the difference here is that it is AGAINST YOUR WILL because you were drugged, while the above OP was simply tricked like a common dumbass, blinded by religion and nonsense.

Eze2000:

Go and google and read about hypnosis then come back and apologize to the op.

Hypnosis is a simple process most fraudsters use now. The victim's eyes are open but his mind is dumbed.

the OP was NOT hypnotized.... he was simply tricked/duped, just like many gullible religious fools out there. at least get your facts right!!!!

dammy207:

Believe me I always have this opinion too that nobody can duped me not until last year. I was driving a hilux company bus and this guy approached me telling me he works with glo and even showed me his ID card .. He told me he needed to carry some chips that their vehicle broke down. Initially I resisted but he begged me and promised to pay 30k. I was happy, I had to drive him down to Ikeja immediately and when we got there because of hold up he started telling me that I can't move around anyhow that my vehicle is a commercial vehicle because of the red plate number that my vehicle will be impounded because we re at airport road. He said I should borrow him like 20k that he needs to pay some gate fees. Probably he used jazz immediately I dropped the money for him. He went to the bank to pay the money and came back with a receipt . immediately he said we should rush down to the place he carry the goods. When we got there he told me his phone his dead that he used to use my phone to call the person. I don't know why I was so relaxed with him probably he has use jazz to hold me. This guy left with my phone, it was after five minutes that my eyes cleared. That day my loss was almost 80k. I almost cried that even that day I almost got accident while driving home. So the issue is this people use jazz forget that you're smart. The truth is I have never said this thing to anyone close to me because they will laugh at me just because they know me to be very smart and intelligent. The same thing happened to my mum b4, she was duped of 150k. They called her on phone and told her to go and withdraw the money for them. She did it was after she got home that her eyes opened. When she told me and my bro we didn't believe. We asked her to give us the number, it was my brother that called the number first trying to pretend to do business with him. Immediately he called the man he was having serious headache holding his head tightly. I did called home too and was having the same feelings that I couldn't do anything for good 10mins. This is to tell you that all this scammer usually use jazz not that they only sweet talk alone. And believe me my people jazz pass jazz ooo

as i dont want to insult you, let me just say this..... out of all the rich people in the world AND with all the better stuff to rob (with this seemingly infallible "jazz"wink 150K is all what they are going after, really?! why not enter the bank and do the same with bank teller, and ask for MILLIONS/BILLIONS instead, if this jazz is the shiit?! why not call DANGOTE, OBASANJO or any of these rich Nigerian Billionaires?! come on bro!

the reality is that many of you are gullible, and as much as you can get drugged by these criminals, when they get you they take ALL you got. now ask yourself this simple question: why didnt they take the company bus you were driving (as it was worth much more than anything they took from you)?! are you saying that these people are stoopid enough to "jazz" you out of 80k, but leave you with a bus worth millions?!?!? keep deceiving yourself bro!

KingDann:
Maybe you're right. Maybe you should as well stick to the cause of the post, he only wrote about it to make you not to fall as he did. It takes nothing to be grateful atleast.

i can NEVER fall fo such foolish trick, NEVER EVER! now dont get me wrong....i can get hit by a car, while leaving home, and die.... i can even get hit by a stray bullet right now and die... i can get poisoned by a jilted ex etc BUT falling for such trick?! abeg!

here is something that most Nigerians dont like to hear..... there is a reason why most of these tricks are common in Nigeria and nowhere else, and the reason is that Nigerians are easily gullible people that can easily be duped, thanks to GREED, RELIGION and their belief in mambo jambo juju nonsense.
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by davidtella(m): 12:17am On Feb 09, 2019
frenzyduchess:
The average Nigerian is a miracle seeker. the most successful con in Nigeria is done through religion. Just mention God and the average Nigerian drops his guard.It must have been the easiest target for those con men. They are mentalist who know how to drive their marked to the direction they want.

Miracle churches are filled to the brim every Sunday that you would think thats the only place of worship.People would rather fast and pray than actually work. Mr Op ,you were gullible and fell for a religious con ,but dont be dismayed, there are people who dont even know they are still being conned till now, they have and are still being milked by their con men of god.

But then again,why would a man of God ask for your pin? Thats one sensible question even your hypnotized self(even tho there is nothing like hypnosis here,you were just gullible and malleable) should have asked.

Your profile says you are a female. Are you actually a female?. 99.9% of Nigerian ladies are overly religious. I am very lucky to see one of the minute 0.01% on here.
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Nobody: 6:45am On Feb 09, 2019
davidtella:

Your profile says you are a female. Are you actually a female?. 99.9% of Nigerian ladies are overly religious. I am very lucky to see one of the minute 0.01% on here.
of course I am a female . There is always that one person who doesnt go with the crowd. Atleast I for one didnt invest in MMM either grin after recollecting how "plan well" ruined people in the 90's.
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by otokx(m): 7:04am On Feb 09, 2019
Thanks for sharing.
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by davidtella(m): 2:11pm On Feb 09, 2019
frenzyduchess:
of course I am a female . There is always that one person who doesnt go with the crowd. Atleast I for one didnt invest in MMM either grin after recollecting how "plan well" ruined people in the 90's.

Wow, I am impressed! I will like to be your friend. Mind if I send you a PM?
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 09, 2019
KingDann:
Y’al judging this nigga are such an ingrate. He obviously didn’t put this up to count his lost but to make awareness.

I’ve had similar experience and it’s not funny. I guess it’s just easier to judge, what does it take to do it anyway?
Finally! Thanks 4 this post, i nor won talk since make i nor insult person
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Austinmiles: 6:39pm On Feb 09, 2019
Preetti:
And you had to quote everything to type this
I know youre jobless..i just want to keep you busy
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Gudiza(m): 7:44pm On Feb 09, 2019
KingDann:
Y’al judging this nigga are such an ingrate. He obviously didn’t put this up to count his lost but to make awareness.

I’ve had similar experience and it’s not funny. I guess it’s just easier to judge, what does it take to do it anyway?

I agree with the bolded. Still, talk your mumu...we are waiting. angry

I know at least 5 different people who have fallen for this 'one chance' peeps at some point. They claim hypnosis, but guess what ??

I would describe each one as 'overly religious'.
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by baratech: 10:45am On Feb 11, 2019
Lolzzz
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Jhoanner(f): 7:11pm On Feb 11, 2019
frenzyduchess:
The average Nigerian is a miracle seeker. the most successful con in Nigeria is done through religion. Just mention God and the average Nigerian drops his guard.It must have been the easiest target for those con men. They are mentalist who know how to drive their marked to the direction they want.

Miracle churches are filled to the brim every Sunday that you would think thats the only place of worship.People would rather fast and pray than actually work. Mr Op ,you were gullible and fell for a religious con ,but dont be dismayed, there are people who dont even know they are still being conned till now, they have and are still being milked by their con men of god.

But then again,why would a man of God ask for your pin? Thats one sensible question even your hypnotized self(even tho there is nothing like hypnosis here,you were just gullible and malleable) should have asked.

You're representing out gender well. Kudos!!
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Nobody: 8:15am On Feb 15, 2019
Jhoanner:

You're representing out gender well. Kudos!!
thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Commuters Run As Armed Men Rob Motorists On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) / Gideon Morik's Daughter Killed By Fulani Herdsmen In Kaduna (Graphic Photos) / Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.