Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Breaking: Conspiracy As INEC Deny Igbos, Minority Tribes Their Pvcs In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Conspiracy As INEC Deny Igbos, Minority Tribes Their Pvcs In Lagos (21557 Views)

May You Have Peace After You Deny Igbos Their Right To Be The President In 2023 / Lady Caught With 5000 PVCs In Abia State. Photos / Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Conspiracy As INEC Deny Igbos, Minority Tribes Their Pvcs In Lagos by Chikiletta: 4:32pm On Feb 07, 2019
Breaking: Conspiracy As INEC Deny Igbos, Minority Tribes their PVCs in Lagos

Following the Issue of Permanent Voter’s Cards (PVC) by the INEC, a lot of complaints have been recorded concerning bottlenecks in the collection of PVCs, both on social media and help lines devoted to PVC collection. Most Nigerians have taken to Facebook and Twitter to show their frustration regarding the bottlenecks in PVC collection. In one of the hotlines for people having issues with collection of PVCs, a caller by name Ayomide has made scathing accusations against the INEC in Lagos, using Mushin INEC office as an example.

The INEC in Mushin local government was accused by the caller as sabotaging the collection of PVCs by Igbos and other minorities. He stated that the PVCs are sorted by tribe and Ward and the wards that promise high vote for the opposition, are usually withheld. The caller affirms that the people doing this, believe that the minorities in Lagos will likely vote for other candidates apart from the APC in Lagos Federal Constituency 2. He however made this discovery a week ago and made efforts to report the case to an officer at Itire Police Station. However, the officer discouraged him from taking up the case, citing threat to his life as an excuse.

Ayomide during his call, stated that Wards J, B and G have had their PVCs sorted out. He stated that “INEC is withholding the PVCs of people from Ward J and people with Igbo names because Ward J are filled with minority tribes and they think Igbos will vote PDP.” HE stated that this was not the same issue with people from Ward F (Idi Araba), who are mostly made up of Northerners whom the INEC believe will vote for the APC.

Recall that a Twitter user tweeted her disappointment upon being denied her PVC in Southern Kaduna because she is a Christian. She stated that the INEC had sorted out PVCs belonging to Christians in Southern Kaduna and were withholding them, with the excuse that INEC had not printed their PVCs and they would be ready after the election.

It is newsworthy to note that the INEC Chairman has mentioned that about 14 million PVCs have been printed and distributed across Nigeria. As such, Professor Yakubu in his press briefing notes that every collection point, already have the PVCs of the people who registered with them.

https://thepunditng.com/breaking-conspiracy-as-inec-deny-igbos-minority-tribes-their-pvcs-in-lagos/

5 Likes

Re: Breaking: Conspiracy As INEC Deny Igbos, Minority Tribes Their Pvcs In Lagos by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 07, 2019
This PDP pundit media and their false allegations all the time and fake news.

Mynd44 this is fake news

68 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Breaking: Conspiracy As INEC Deny Igbos, Minority Tribes Their Pvcs In Lagos by Dandsome: 4:45pm On Feb 07, 2019
Truth finally coming out

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Breaking: Conspiracy As INEC Deny Igbos, Minority Tribes Their Pvcs In Lagos by SpecialAdviser(m): 4:45pm On Feb 07, 2019
This is truthful. My wife have gone to collect PVC a number of times without succeeding. My luck is to have gotten mine in 2015.

146 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Breaking: Conspiracy As INEC Deny Igbos, Minority Tribes Their Pvcs In Lagos by morikee: 4:45pm On Feb 07, 2019
Sentiment and tribalism is killing this country

116 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Breaking: Conspiracy As INEC Deny Igbos, Minority Tribes Their Pvcs In Lagos by RockHard: 4:46pm On Feb 07, 2019
ThePunditNg = PDP propaganda mouthpiece.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Breaking: Conspiracy As INEC Deny Igbos, Minority Tribes Their Pvcs In Lagos by kehinde1588(m): 4:46pm On Feb 07, 2019
I notice PDP has been raising false alarm these days.

It cannot save them from losing this election.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breaking: Conspiracy As INEC Deny Igbos, Minority Tribes Their Pvcs In Lagos by 360degreess(m): 4:47pm On Feb 07, 2019
I doubt if this information is true...if this is true, they should quickly give those flat headed pigs their PVCs,because their votes are inconsequential.. it is not enough to stop the 4+4 level, we saw that in 2015..

Buhari all the way to 2023..

30 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Breaking: Conspiracy As INEC Deny Igbos, Minority Tribes Their Pvcs In Lagos by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 07, 2019
grin grin
Re: Breaking: Conspiracy As INEC Deny Igbos, Minority Tribes Their Pvcs In Lagos by maestroferdi: 4:48pm On Feb 07, 2019
INEC is working hand in glove with APC to compromise the electoral process but they will fail woefully.

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Breaking: Conspiracy As INEC Deny Igbos, Minority Tribes Their Pvcs In Lagos by obicentlis: 4:48pm On Feb 07, 2019
This is a serious allegation that should be looked into.

37 Likes

Re: Breaking: Conspiracy As INEC Deny Igbos, Minority Tribes Their Pvcs In Lagos by wyt(m): 4:48pm On Feb 07, 2019
same thing going on in Kaduna. there, if you are christian, nothing for you

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Conspiracy As INEC Deny Igbos, Minority Tribes Their Pvcs In Lagos by Escalze(m): 4:48pm On Feb 07, 2019
Is it a conspiracy or a deliberate attempt by the citizens not to collect their PVC.

Well, Sai Baba is still going whether they like it or not.

I mean going back to Daura

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breaking: Conspiracy As INEC Deny Igbos, Minority Tribes Their Pvcs In Lagos by Mystick: 4:49pm On Feb 07, 2019
Even my elder brother told me same thing. I don beat INEC on this, I have mine already since 2015.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Conspiracy As INEC Deny Igbos, Minority Tribes Their Pvcs In Lagos by senatepresido: 4:49pm On Feb 07, 2019
anything is possible with Oshiomhole as the head

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Conspiracy As INEC Deny Igbos, Minority Tribes Their Pvcs In Lagos by Bolo12: 4:49pm On Feb 07, 2019
Tetehjewels:

Mynd44 this is fake news
Keep being in denial

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breaking: Conspiracy As INEC Deny Igbos, Minority Tribes Their Pvcs In Lagos by theoldpretender(m): 4:50pm On Feb 07, 2019
Call me an APC supporter...but I don't believe this news.

All we have are two stories

1.Aquote from a resident of a part of Lagos...a single ward.

2.A quote from a woman in Southern Kaduna that 'christians are being denied voters card' (Southern Kaduna is predominatly Christian).

The problem with these stories is that in the abscence of corroborating evidence, there is no valid proof that 'they are true'.

The truth is,fake news is a serious problem in this country. I don't doubt that INEC ,under APC's influence,could be up to some chicanery...but at the same time, let's not run on hearsay.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: Conspiracy As INEC Deny Igbos, Minority Tribes Their Pvcs In Lagos by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 07, 2019
Chikiletta:

https://thepunditng.com/breaking-conspiracy-as-inec-deny-igbos-minority-tribes-their-pvcs-in-lagos/
No be naija we dey? I full ground to watch what Buhari and his clowns go unleash come nextweek weekend.
Re: Breaking: Conspiracy As INEC Deny Igbos, Minority Tribes Their Pvcs In Lagos by Bolo12: 4:50pm On Feb 07, 2019

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Conspiracy As INEC Deny Igbos, Minority Tribes Their Pvcs In Lagos by lafuria1(m): 4:50pm On Feb 07, 2019
FAKE NEWS

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breaking: Conspiracy As INEC Deny Igbos, Minority Tribes Their Pvcs In Lagos by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 07, 2019
Nigeria needs prayers more than ever. The church must intervene and discard any plan to sabotage this country and keep it in the control of the devil.

14 Likes

Re: Breaking: Conspiracy As INEC Deny Igbos, Minority Tribes Their Pvcs In Lagos by clintino700(m): 4:50pm On Feb 07, 2019
INEC is working fully for APC...
To collect my card from there office in pH is proving difficult since November 2018 till date

16 Likes

Re: Breaking: Conspiracy As INEC Deny Igbos, Minority Tribes Their Pvcs In Lagos by checkolatunji: 4:50pm On Feb 07, 2019
May be it's happening or not, I don't believe this cos I know alot of people that are yet to collect pvc and they don't fall in this category. But still you can't say this guys are lying cos this is Nigeria and anything can happen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Conspiracy As INEC Deny Igbos, Minority Tribes Their Pvcs In Lagos by Bolo12: 4:51pm On Feb 07, 2019
theoldpretender:
Callme an APC supporter...but I don't believe this news.

Ignorant. People are voicing out their complaints and all. You say yoy dont believe mssstchew

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Conspiracy As INEC Deny Igbos, Minority Tribes Their Pvcs In Lagos by clintino700(m): 4:51pm On Feb 07, 2019
INEC is working fully for APC...
To collect my card from there office in pH is proving difficult since November 2018 till date.
Re: Breaking: Conspiracy As INEC Deny Igbos, Minority Tribes Their Pvcs In Lagos by discusant: 4:51pm On Feb 07, 2019
But that's how Tinubu has managed to get Lagos all the years.

10 Likes

Re: Breaking: Conspiracy As INEC Deny Igbos, Minority Tribes Their Pvcs In Lagos by YorubaEmir: 4:52pm On Feb 07, 2019
Tetehjewels:

Mynd44 this is fake news

Eyaa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Geraldine Obinali: Imo Revokes 49 Plots Of Land Belonging To Okorocha’s Sister / Electoral Act: Ortom Commends President Buhari, Says Decision Best For Country / Tight Security Around CCT Chairman, Umar Ahead Of Saraki’s Trial Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.