Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:23 AM

Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President (17485 Views)

Breaking: Wole Soyinka's Dictionary Just Fell Into A Big Bucket Of Water / Gov. Umahi Endorses Moghalu For Governor Of Anambra State (photos) / APC: Oshiomhole, Adebayo, Moghalu For Ministerial Posts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by donprinyo(m): 6:42am On Feb 08, 2019
Over sabinus and waste of quality vote are directly proportion.
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by Nasir123(m): 6:45am On Feb 08, 2019
post=75522260:
This is the main reason why yge Professor will never and can never support Atiku, along with OBJ......from the horses mouth!!

Wole Soyinka, Nobel laureate, has challenged former President Olusegun Obasanjo to swear that he never awarded oil blocks in return for sexual gratification while he presided over the affairs of Nigeria.
Soyinka spoke in his Interventions VIII series, titled: ‘Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?’ meaning “Gani’s Unfinished Business,” launched recently in Lagos, south-west Nigeria.
He said Obasanjo knows him so well that he does not make accusations lightly and that he despises snide insinuations.
“I now challenge you (Obasanjo) to search your soul, very deeply, and swear to this nation that you never awarded oil blocks in return for sexual gratification,” Soyinka said.
“I do not make accusations lightly and I despise snide insinuations. I believe you know me well enough. And I am no prude, I am not a hypocrite of sexual desire, nor am I interested in the seamy side of Power. Take your time, think deeply and remember that each day brings you closer and closer to your Maker and the Day of Judgment-going by your own professions.”
Soyinka made reference to a letter written to Obasanjo by Abubakar Umar, in which the former military governor accused Obasanjo of awarding oil block indiscriminately and illegally.
The literary scholar said sex-for-grades as a solution to burdensome energy seemed to have become the practice, saying that even when Donald Trump and Bill Clinton were accused of sexual misconduct, no one ever accused them of using their nation’s assets for a romp.
“If I denounce you (Obasanjo) as a degenerate in need of help, remember that I do not require fiction,” he said.
“Verifiable truth is solemnly at my disposal. I do not concoct a thousand snipers for a thousand listed enemies of governance-one of the most impudent egregious fantasies ever manufactured by a former ruler, simply to destroy a successor and persuade oneself that one is a maker and breaker of governments.”
Soyinka also said during Obasanjo’s celebration of the 10th anniversary of his presidential library, the former president accused him of blocking his ambitions to become the secretary-general of the United Nations.
“Could someone please stop crediting me with that level of international clout? Of course, I feel totally content and fulfilled with my contribution to that operation to ‘save our world’ from the clutches of a predator, sadist and liar-convincing evidence of which we provided in our successful diplomatic offensive-but the umbrage should also go to that very Femi Falana and the late Beko Ransome-Kuti, with whom I worked in close collaboration,” he said.
Soyinka also said that under Obasanjo’s watch, and with proven collaboration, an elected governor was kidnapped, locked in a toilet and held there under duress to force him to sign cheques on the state treasury, saying that “he escaped confinement, thanks to a sympathetic policeman , but the state went up in flames. The state radio and television houses were torched. The house of assembly and the law courts—my own special preserve-were vandalized. Who did you say was president at that time?”

https://zenithnaija.com/swear-that-you-never-awarded-oil-blocks-for-sex-soyinka-challenges-obasanjo/

No doubt;
Obasanjo is a CURSE to this Nation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by donprinyo(m): 6:46am On Feb 08, 2019
If u sabi sth, the mission should be kicking out Dullardiho simple and stop wasting quality vote.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by MyAmericandream(f): 6:46am On Feb 08, 2019
suyamasta:
If to say we really serious for better Nigeria we no sopoz d look Buhari and Atiku as candidates, Morghalu is the best man standing!
Wetin Nigerian's sabi?
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by donprinyo(m): 6:46am On Feb 08, 2019
Over sabi is equivalent to stupidity in dis case.
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by Schwartz: 7:01am On Feb 08, 2019
I listened to the Moghalu guy speak. He is indeed smart and worth given the opportunity to rule but the problems with Nigerians is that they do not reason towards this direction at all in choosing their leaders. And that's why we are still were we are today. Its gotten so bad that we are now the world's poorest nation yet people still fight over those who led us to all this mess in the first place. Doesn't it hurt that day after people and soldiers are being killed everyday? Mostly because of lack of sophisticated ammunitions which was budgeted for? Or is it because it doesn't affect other regions? Sometime I wonder do some people think at all? Is it that we are so used to mediocrity and lack of good governance that we still hopelessly cling to the same set of people year in year out?
Alot of us in the disapora want to return but its deeply saddening that Nigeria is not getting better and the hope of returning looks slimer and slimer. Why would I want to stay in another man's country? A strange land with the brutal cold and sometimes discrimination because of race? When my country has good food, great weather and warm people?
Just few years ago our fathers who studies abroad used to either return immediately or work for a while and then return. I spoke to returnees from America, Uk etc they all said there is no place like Nigeria. But now who is ready to take that risk? Its sad.

4 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by Jettage: 7:04am On Feb 08, 2019
Moghalu that did not do any town hall meeting, never campaigned beyond abia, not bold enough to go to the north, could not articulate what he hoped to pay workers as minimum wage,
Had a deputy without brain,
He and Soyinka are bound to loose

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by zeromeridian: 7:16am On Feb 08, 2019
National Association of seadogs aka Pyrates confratanity. My CBT has barked
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by BigBashiru: 7:17am On Feb 08, 2019
This Soyinka guy is just an essay and novel writer that is no longer relevant; just because he won an award once. Mschew

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by bosmann11: 7:19am On Feb 08, 2019
felifeli:
Let him endorse kulikuli and boli if he likes. Confused demented old man . Mtschew.
I guess you are really sick. Have some respect for elder.
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by SoNature(m): 7:20am On Feb 08, 2019
Seetto:
Unfortunately he is not going to win, only criminal minded people will endorse atiku and this is obvious, when you question them why they are supporting atiku , the response you will receive i s that atiku is a thief but a good thief, he will steal but allowed others to steal, this is unfortunate they also admitted that Atiku is a big thief

No wonder after 16years of PDP rule, the only achievement is abandoned projects, a very good example is their HQ in abuja...

U based your argument upon what a few people told you.
A lot of us are passing a strong-worded message that a man who didn't perform doesn't deserve a second term. And yes, the only candidate that can stop Buhari is Atiku.

You are not entirely wrong though because word on the street says that if Buhari wins again, Nigerians may be eating their own excreta. You may never understand this if you still live with your parents.

2 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by Raalsalghul: 7:25am On Feb 08, 2019
voicelez:
Having listened to all the presidential candidates, Moghalu is the best candidate, he is young smart, intelligent, APC and PDP can all go to hell. I will vote for YPP.
Yep. I'm voting for this same dude.
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by bosmann11: 7:32am On Feb 08, 2019
post=75522260:
This is the main reason why the Professor will never and can never support Atiku, along with OBJ......
Read it from the horses mouth!!

Wole Soyinka, Nobel laureate, has challenged former President Olusegun Obasanjo to swear that he never awarded oil blocks in return for sexual gratification while he presided over the affairs of Nigeria.
Soyinka spoke in his Interventions VIII series, titled: ‘Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?’ meaning “Gani’s Unfinished Business,” launched recently in Lagos, south-west Nigeria.
He said Obasanjo knows him so well that he does not make accusations lightly and that he despises snide insinuations.
“I now challenge you (Obasanjo) to search your soul, very deeply, and swear to this nation that you never awarded oil blocks in return for sexual gratification,” Soyinka said.
“I do not make accusations lightly and I despise snide insinuations. I believe you know me well enough. And I am no prude, I am not a hypocrite of sexual desire, nor am I interested in the seamy side of Power. Take your time, think deeply and remember that each day brings you closer and closer to your Maker and the Day of Judgment-going by your own professions.”
Soyinka made reference to a letter written to Obasanjo by Abubakar Umar, in which the former military governor accused Obasanjo of awarding oil block indiscriminately and illegally.
The literary scholar said sex-for-grades as a solution to burdensome energy seemed to have become the practice, saying that even when Donald Trump and Bill Clinton were accused of sexual misconduct, no one ever accused them of using their nation’s assets for a romp.
“If I denounce you (Obasanjo) as a degenerate in need of help, remember that I do not require fiction,” he said.
Verifiable truth is solemnly at my disposal. I do not concoct a thousand snipers for a thousand listed enemies of governance-one of the most impudent egregious fantasies ever manufactured by a former ruler, simply to destroy a successor and persuade oneself that one is a maker and breaker of governments.”
Soyinka also said during Obasanjo’s celebration of the 10th anniversary of his presidential library, the former president accused him of blocking his ambitions to become the secretary-general of the United Nations.
“Could someone please stop crediting me with that level of international clout? Of course, I feel totally content and fulfilled with my contribution to that operation to ‘save our world’ from the clutches of a predator, sadist and liar-convincing evidence of which we provided in our successful diplomatic offensive-but the umbrage should also go to that very Femi Falana and the late Beko Ransome-Kuti, with whom I worked in close collaboration,” he said.
Soyinka also said that under Obasanjo’s watch, and with proven collaboration, an elected governor was kidnapped, locked in a toilet and held there under duress to force him to sign cheques on the state treasury, saying that “he escaped confinement, thanks to a sympathetic policeman , but the state went up in flames. The state radio and television houses were torched. The house of assembly and the law courts—my own special preserve-were vandalized. Who did you say was president at that time?”

https://zenithnaija.com/swear-that-you-never-awarded-oil-blocks-for-sex-soyinka-challenges-obasanjo/
Hmmm what a revelation...."saint Obasanjo" PDP errand man. its a pity!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by Ade3000yrs(m): 7:33am On Feb 08, 2019
hmm
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by Nobody: 7:42am On Feb 08, 2019
HEFAIROHLUWA:
But why late? At least our prof brain is still functioning and thats good enough..Sowore and moghalu are better than baba go slow/Atiku.. cheesy

Sowore has nothing to offer.

He is not different from Oby Ezekwesili.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by babakb: 7:45am On Feb 08, 2019
Seetto:
Unfortunately he is not going to win, only criminal minded people will endorse atiku and this is obvious, when you question them why they are supporting atiku , the response you will receive i s that atiku is a thief but a good thief, he will steal but allowed others to steal, this is unfortunate they also admitted that Atiku is a big thief

No wonder after 16years of PDP rule, the only achievement is abandoned projects, a very good example is their HQ in abuja...

The same criminal Atiku worked with Buhari and APC in 2015......

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by ElsonMorali: 7:46am On Feb 08, 2019
I'm still wondering what happened between Sowore and Adeola Fayehun. Must have been a bitter parting of ways between them.

2 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by HomeOfMe(f): 7:47am On Feb 08, 2019
NSNA:
In what many will consider a blow to Sowore Prof Wole Soyinka’s FORUM Endorses Moghalu For President

According to Soyinka, the decision to endorse Moghalu was reached after "months of studying the careers, experiences and track records of most of the presidential aspirants, and most intensely those actually short-listed by the opposition parties themselves". “Like millions of Nigerians, we watched the debates. I physically interacted with some of the acknowledged top contenders, in some cases several times. We participated in HANDSHAKE ACROSS NIGERIA, where some candidates presented their briefs,” the Professor said.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/02/07/breaking-wole-soyinka%E2%80%99s-citizen-forum-endorses-moghalu-president

Also, Adeola Fayehun formerly of Sahara Reporters also endorse Prof Yemi Osinbanjo for President by extension APC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JZFPKk59i8&t=1s
He can only win if Nigeria was like US,Canada or Britain. Not in a country full of tribalists and religious bigot. Some tribes won't vote for him because he's "nyanmiri" or ajekuta ma mumi...welcome to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by idonhammer: 7:49am On Feb 08, 2019
felifeli:
easy,no go kee yourself o
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by MicroBox: 7:50am On Feb 08, 2019
No doubt Moghalu is a very intelligent candidate.
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by Seetto: 7:52am On Feb 08, 2019
SoNature:

U based your argument upon what a few people told you.
A lot of us are passing a strong-worded message that a man who didn't perform doesn't deserve a second term. And yes, the only candidate that can stop Buhari is Atiku.

You are not entirely wrong though because word on the street says that if Buhari wins again, Nigerians may be eating their own excreta. You may never understand this if you still live with your parents.
Atiku is a big no no, and not a better alternative to pmb, I don't listen to what people said, and minds you I am not a kid , you cannot conclude and guess if I still live with parents, PMB deserves a kudos, take it or leave it , he came on board when crude oil has fallen to 28$ per barrel from 115$, the foreign reserve is down to $29bill, when jamb is remitting less than 5mill to the federation account, when custom is remitting less than one quarter of their collections, when billions of dollars has been shared among the elites, dasuki, maduaeke etc, when there are abandoned projects lingering all over the country, this projects has suffered a great set back, because they termed it as an avenue to continue to feed fat on our scarce resources,

PMB on resumption vows to complete all the abandoned projects,
completion of Kaduna abuja railway
completion of abuja mass rail
Completion of ajaokuta warrior itakpe railway
Commissioning of kasmambilla plateau
Completion of baro ports
Commissioning of Kaduna dry ports.
Construction work on second Niger bridge
Completion of Lagos Ibadan railway.
road construction going on simultaneously in 36 states of the federation, I live in Kaduna an I am living witness to kano Zaria Kaduna and abuja expressway, to mention but few

Jamb now remits billions into federation account
Custom now remits trillion into federation account.
Today our foreign reserves stand at 43bil from 29bill

DESPITE LOW CRUDE OIL PRICE

YOU GUYS SHOULD NOT TAKE US BACK TO EGYPT......ABEG cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by ElsonMorali: 7:54am On Feb 08, 2019
BigBashiru:
This Soyinka guy is just an essay and novel writer that is no longer relevant; just because he won an award once. Mschew

When I read this I instinctively knew it was written by a teenager not yet 20.

"He won an award once..." Oh dear lord. The Nobel Prize is just any other award right? O ma she o. I weep for this snapchat-2go generation.

Education must be at it's lowest ebb in Nigeria.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by dokie: 7:54am On Feb 08, 2019
MissingBudget:

He stood for Buhari in 2015.

Thank you very much for the apt response.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by sammhi(m): 7:55am On Feb 08, 2019
HEFAIROHLUWA:
I dont know why Nigerians often do not check and research most of these candidates background morally and intellectually before voting for them abi which kind of mental slavery is this sef undecided Even obj's son knows his father is a failure reason he is against his father's wish..A man that cant build his home deceiding for a country..A selfish bastard he is after ruining the country for 16years.ughh..Obj your days are numbered...Sowore and moghalu are better than baba go slow/Atiku and with all these in place the votes will be divided..Ofcourse Atiku wont win..He's just dashing nigerians part of the money he stole with his campaign.
What OBJ has achieved in life you and your drug addict Jagaban won't ever in life time. Obj build Lagos Ibadan express way lagos Sagamu express way and Warri refinery as military head of state . He also built Abuja stadium , pension Reforms , bank reforms , telecoms EFCc amongst other in 8 years. Please tell me what your drug lord Jagaban did in Lagos for 8 years?
The fact that OBJ son don't agree with his dad is not an issue . He is a grown man and has right to go with any one who he feels will put money in his pocket . What has the so called Son achieved on his own as basis to even aases him ?...
What has PMB achieved for Nigerians for his 4 years ? Tell me one sector PMB has changed ? Tell me what PMB has even done to the almajri in the North before he became president mas even this his 4 years tenure?
On what basis would any sane man endorse PMB if not either bigotry , nepotism, ignorance and selfishness!

2 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by Seetto: 7:57am On Feb 08, 2019
babakb:

The same criminal Atiku worked with Buhari and APC in 2015......

That does not change the fact that he is not a big thief, ask obasanjo he knows better than you and I
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by RoyalUc(m): 7:59am On Feb 08, 2019
Olanireti:
One of the few people that stand for what is write even when it's difficult. It doesn't matter if Moghalu wins or not, a message will be passed and posterity will remember him for not choosing either lesser or bigger evil.

Thank you bro.

He is a man of honour unlike Obasanjo
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by Samkeniyy(m): 8:00am On Feb 08, 2019
felifeli:
Let him endorse kulikuli and boli if he likes. Confused demented old man . Mtschew.

What have you achieved in your ugly pathetic life. Everyone has freedom to support who they believes in. Whether Moghalu wins or lose this election.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kogi: Dino Melaye Appeals Tribunal Judgement / Independence Day Celebrations Of The 1960s, '70s And '80s (Videos And Memories) / Abubakar Momoh Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.