Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,518 members, 7,823,226 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President (17364 Views)

Breaking: Wole Soyinka's Dictionary Just Fell Into A Big Bucket Of Water / Gov. Umahi Endorses Moghalu For Governor Of Anambra State (photos) / APC: Oshiomhole, Adebayo, Moghalu For Ministerial Posts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:01am On Feb 08, 2019
I am currently watching this man on AIT and I am very impressed with his vision, plan for recovery, security, and fight against corruption.
Unfortunately I am already committed to PMB but would most likely give him my vote next time around.

2 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:04am On Feb 08, 2019
suyamasta:
If to say we really serious for better Nigeria we no sopoz d look Buhari and Atiku as candidates, Morghalu is the best man standing!
yet he couldn't choose a vibrant deputy like him...he is not serious....sowore is better with his vibrant deputy
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by Mtmike(m): 8:11am On Feb 08, 2019
My choice exactly, I don't care if he's going to win or not lose. Has my vote. I will vote my conscience.

Only a mad man keeps repeating the samething and expect different result. APC/PDP are the same..we are going nowhere with them..lamentation continues till 2023

2 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by SoNature(m): 8:13am On Feb 08, 2019
Seetto:

Atiku is a big no no, and not a better alternative to pmb, I don't listen to what people said, and minds you I am not a kid , you cannot conclude and guess if I still live with parents, PMB deserves a kudos, take it or leave it , he came on board when crude oil has fallen to 28$ per barrel from 115$, the foreign reserve is down to $29bill, when jamb is remitting less than 5mill to the federation account, when custom is remitting less than one quarter of their collections, when billions of dollars has been shared among the elites, dasuki, maduaeke etc, when there are abandoned projects lingering all over the country, this projects has suffered a great set back, because they termed it as an avenue to continue to feed fat on our scarce resources,

PMB on resumption vows to complete all the abandoned projects,
completion of Kaduna abuja railway
completion of abuja mass rail
Completion of ajaokuta warrior itakpe railway
Commissioning of kasmambilla plateau
Completion of baro ports
Commissioning of Kaduna dry ports.
Construction work on second Niger bridge
Completion of Lagos Ibadan railway.
road construction going on simultaneously in 36 states of the federation, I live in Kaduna an I am living witness to kano Zaria Kaduna and abuja expressway, to mention but few

Jamb now remits billions into federation account
Custom now remits trillion into federation account.
Today our foreign reserves stand at 43bil from 29bill

DESPITE LOW CRUDE OIL PRICE

YOU GUYS SHOULD NOT TAKE US BACK TO EGYPT......ABEG cry

You have the strength to type...kudos..Well, I don't.
That being said, I will not pretend that Buhari has done nothing - uf course, that's what he was voted to do.

But there are fundamental things that this country needs, which Buhari is not willing to do.
1. Restructure Nigeria...this is the most important of them all. I'm shocked that even 0sinbajo, a Yoruba man, kicks against this - something that is clearly written in their manifesto and the Yorubas have been calling for it for decades.
2. Strengthen our institutions so that the EFCC, for instance, can be more independent and even investigate him and his friends
3. Set up corruption-fighting tribunal to expedite corruption cases.

This is a major structural change...anyone that can implement it has solved 70% of Nigeria's problems.

All these that u just listed are things anyone can do, including my grandmother in the village if she gets the opportunity.

Lest I forget, Buhari is old and forgets things easily. He should not have a business leading over 190 million people.
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by suyamasta(m): 8:17am On Feb 08, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
yet he couldn't choose a vibrant deputy like him...he is not serious....sowore is better with his vibrant deputy
He just had to play the tribal/religious card na, you know how Nigerians no dey play with such issues
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by suyamasta(m): 8:18am On Feb 08, 2019
MyAmericandream:
Wetin Nigerian's sabi?
our eye go clear small small

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by omoharry(f): 8:25am On Feb 08, 2019
suyamasta:
If to say we really serious for better Nigeria we no sopoz d look Buhari and Atiku as candidates, Morghalu is the best man standing!
u are right my friend..Moghalu is the man I had in mind but i know if i vote him ..my vote will be wasted and it will give Buhari a greater opportunity to return...so Atiku for now is the neccessary idiot we need to kick that old man that has lost his memory out of the way first..if he disappoint us, at least we still have the likes of the Moghalus around as alternative...
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by BigBashiru: 8:28am On Feb 08, 2019
omoharry:
u are right my friend..Moghalu is the man I had in mind but i know if i vote him ..my vote will be wasted and it will give Buhari a greater opportunity to return...so Atiku for now is the neccessary idiot we need to kick that old man that has lost his memory out of the way first..if he disappoint us, at least we still have the likes of the Moghalus around as alternative...

Very good strategic thinking.... for the first time in a long time I'm proud of blacks! Pls also demand access to the inec collation centre and close monitoring of zakari - this way we twart any further rigging plans by Buhari.
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by omoharry(f): 8:37am On Feb 08, 2019
SoNature:

U based your argument upon what a few people told you.
A lot of us are passing a strong-worded message that a man who didn't perform doesn't deserve a second term. And yes, the only candidate that can stop Buhari is Atiku.

You are not entirely wrong though because word on the street says that if Buhari wins again, Nigerians may be eating their own excreta. You may never understand this if you still live with your parents.
na only that one?..abi he go sign off Nigeria in a treaty to an Arab country without know it..since he does not know what he signs anymore...it will be worse than That my brother.The fulani headmen will become bolder and the quest for people land nation wide that will be allocated to these headmens will be fierce.

.The future does not really look good with a Buhari coming back. Atiku is not any better but he is senile and in touch with reality.He is not a fanatic and he will unite the country.
..It really pains me that so many people from the south west do not see anything wrong in having old man that has dementia ruling Nigeria by a group of cabals..I was arguing with a Yoruba man yesterday and he feels Buhari is still the best thing that has ever happen to Nigeria.That even his he has dementia that Osibanjo is there to assist him.this is an educated man.I felt very sad..that people would reason like that.
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by omoharry(f): 8:43am On Feb 08, 2019
BigBashiru:

Very good strategic thinking.... for the first time in a long time I'm proud of blacks! Pls also demand access to the inec collation centre and close monitoring of zakari - this way we twart any further rigging plans by Buhari.
HOW DO WE DO IT?
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by vince2016(m): 8:44am On Feb 08, 2019
BigBashiru:
This Soyinka guy is just an essay and novel writer that is no longer relevant; just because he won an award once. Mschew
The fact that you chose to make someone small in your eye don't actually make them small at all. I doubt, with your statement, if you will EVER achieve 1% of what prof has achieved unless you start to recognise greatness.
Be wise!! I said give yourself brain!!!
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by felifeli: 8:53am On Feb 08, 2019
Samkeniyy:

What have you achieved in your ugly pathetic life. Everyone has freedom to support who they believes in. Whether Moghalu wins or lose this election. I'm voting for him regardless. At least my conscience will be clear knowing that I picked the best candidates even If He is not popular. He is the best man for the Job

F00L. Go and learn English. How did dementia become an insult ? Soyinka was a brilliant man no doubt about that , however his ability to make rational judgement is currently in doubt, that's all. You can worship him if you like and nobody will arrest you for that. After all you are a f00L.
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by BigBashiru: 8:56am On Feb 08, 2019
ElsonMorali:

When I read this I instinctively knew it was written by a teenager not yet 20.

"He won an award once..." Oh dear lord. The Nobel Prize is just any other award right? O ma she o. I weep for this snapchat-2go generation.

Education must be at it's lowest ebb in Nigeria.
It's an overrated European award created by your European slave masters. Why isn't there an African equivalent of nobel prizes? Becos blacks are too busy worshipping European institutions instead of being confident.
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by BigBashiru: 8:57am On Feb 08, 2019
felifeli:

F00L. Go and learn English. How did dementia become an insult ? Soyinka was a brilliant man no doubt about that , however his ability to make rational judgement is currently in doubt, that's all. You can worship him if you like and nobody will arrest you for that. After all you are a f00L.

Well said nobel prize It's an overrated European award created by European slave masters. Why isn't there an African equivalent of nobel prizes? Becos blacks are too busy worshipping European institutions instead of being confident.
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by VULCAN(m): 9:00am On Feb 08, 2019
So Wole Soyinka rejected Buhari who he supported in 2015 but BMC chose to focus on Atiku. grin

I'm surprised BMC didn't blame Jonathan for Wole Soyinka's choice. cheesy Bunch of retards

God it must be difficult to be a BMC always blaming others for the failures of your Principal. And all for N30k

post=75522260:
This is the main reason why the Professor will never and can never support Atiku, along with OBJ......
Read it from the horses mouth!!

Wole Soyinka, Nobel laureate, has challenged former President Olusegun Obasanjo to swear that he never awarded oil blocks in return for sexual gratification while he presided over the affairs of Nigeria.
Soyinka spoke in his Interventions VIII series, titled: ‘Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?’ meaning “Gani’s Unfinished Business,” launched recently in Lagos, south-west Nigeria.
He said Obasanjo knows him so well that he does not make accusations lightly and that he despises snide insinuations.
“I now challenge you (Obasanjo) to search your soul, very deeply, and swear to this nation that you never awarded oil blocks in return for sexual gratification,” Soyinka said.
“I do not make accusations lightly and I despise snide insinuations. I believe you know me well enough. And I am no prude, I am not a hypocrite of sexual desire, nor am I interested in the seamy side of Power. Take your time, think deeply and remember that each day brings you closer and closer to your Maker and the Day of Judgment-going by your own professions.”
Soyinka made reference to a letter written to Obasanjo by Abubakar Umar, in which the former military governor accused Obasanjo of awarding oil block indiscriminately and illegally.
The literary scholar said sex-for-grades as a solution to burdensome energy seemed to have become the practice, saying that even when Donald Trump and Bill Clinton were accused of sexual misconduct, no one ever accused them of using their nation’s assets for a romp.
“If I denounce you (Obasanjo) as a degenerate in need of help, remember that I do not require fiction,” he said.
Verifiable truth is solemnly at my disposal. I do not concoct a thousand snipers for a thousand listed enemies of governance-one of the most impudent egregious fantasies ever manufactured by a former ruler, simply to destroy a successor and persuade oneself that one is a maker and breaker of governments.”
Soyinka also said during Obasanjo’s celebration of the 10th anniversary of his presidential library, the former president accused him of blocking his ambitions to become the secretary-general of the United Nations.
“Could someone please stop crediting me with that level of international clout? Of course, I feel totally content and fulfilled with my contribution to that operation to ‘save our world’ from the clutches of a predator, sadist and liar-convincing evidence of which we provided in our successful diplomatic offensive-but the umbrage should also go to that very Femi Falana and the late Beko Ransome-Kuti, with whom I worked in close collaboration,” he said.
Soyinka also said that under Obasanjo’s watch, and with proven collaboration, an elected governor was kidnapped, locked in a toilet and held there under duress to force him to sign cheques on the state treasury, saying that “he escaped confinement, thanks to a sympathetic policeman , but the state went up in flames. The state radio and television houses were torched. The house of assembly and the law courts—my own special preserve-were vandalized. Who did you say was president at that time?”

https://zenithnaija.com/swear-that-you-never-awarded-oil-blocks-for-sex-soyinka-challenges-obasanjo/

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by Ayoola10: 9:00am On Feb 08, 2019
uzohrome:
yeah but for now his endorsement might not count since most of Nigerians are Aticulated already
Alaye talk for yourself
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by BigBashiru: 9:02am On Feb 08, 2019
omoharry:
HOW DO WE DO IT?

Inec is a public democratic institution and is therefore subject to the people's wishes. Ow to do it is join a political party (I recommend YPP, Abundant Nigeria Renewal Party and Africa Action Congress). U can join AAC (aacparty dot org) online. Joining AAC costs just N500. Once u join and download the aac app you now have access to the party pressure groups - tell them your wish and form s pressure group within the party to pressure inec.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by highbeekeys(m): 9:08am On Feb 08, 2019
uzohrome:
yeah but for now his endorsement might not count since most of Nigerians are Aticulated already
You mean most Nigerians are still gullible and won't welcome positive change of hands. "He can't win, it's either APC or PDP".
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by jumobi1(m): 9:11am On Feb 08, 2019
biafranation:
You wonder why he didn't endorse Sowore? To the idiots supporting that wee wee, ganja, ogogoro fraudster teared gas by Oni when Oni realized he had smoked several wraps before entering his beautiful palace to disrespect him. Same Oni had since endorsed Moghalu also.

She didn’t endorse anyone. She said it’ll be better for Nigeria if a third force candidate wins. She simply wishes Buhari steps down for Osinbajo if APC wins.
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by biosilicon: 9:22am On Feb 08, 2019
Gabriel004:
You call him demented man. Can you boast of any of your family members that achieve quarter of his achievement? All these poverty striking idiots will come online to insult someone their fathers cannot stand where he stands.

They are so foolish. And the dangerous thing is there are millions of them. Nigeria will always be this way, its just unfortunate.
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 9:45am On Feb 08, 2019
sammhi:

What OBJ has achieved in life you and your drug addict Jagaban won't ever in life time. Obj build Lagos Ibadan express way lagos Sagamu express way and Warri refinery as military head of state . He also built Abuja stadium , pension Reforms , bank reforms , telecoms EFCc amongst other in 8 years. Please tell me what your drug lord Jagaban did in Lagos for 8 years?
The fact that OBJ son don't agree with his dad is not an issue . He is a grown man and has right to go with any one who he feels will put money in his pocket . What has the so called Son achieved on his own as basis to even aases him ?...
What has PMB achieved for Nigerians for his 4 years ? Tell me one sector PMB has changed ? Tell me what PMB has even done to the almajri in the North before he became president mas even this his 4 years tenure?
On what basis would any sane man endorse PMB if not either bigotry , nepotism, ignorance and selfishness!
Who is mentioning lagos or tinubu here?.If you have problems with apc/lagos and the way things are run there better use the nearest lagoon...Are you high on weed? Lagos ibadan express way undecided Warri refinery undecided , looting the treasury, plunging us into debts and recession distabilizing the economy for you to open your filthy mouth and say buhari hasnt achieved a bit..Ofcourse thieves support thieves.Go and do more research on the loans borrowed by his administration before you mention me next time without senses okay..Go hard I'll go harder grin
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by suyamasta(m): 9:45am On Feb 08, 2019
omoharry:
hmmn well that 4 years na die o, i remember when people where talking about vision 2020, na 2019 we d so and it looks like we sleeping for years, we need proper forward thinking leadership not the same ole same ole
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by Eshence: 10:19am On Feb 08, 2019
when people like u wann get sense?
KINGwax007:
Woke Soyinka, you have lived long enough. Your eyes don see good, and e don see evil. Your mouth don speak good, now, e wan come dey speak evil, abi?

Oya, stretch your neck come my side!
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by Eshence: 10:24am On Feb 08, 2019
there is hope for Nigeria if Morghalu keep contesting as president ( love the man's intelligence and ideas)
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by bibianna(f): 10:31am On Feb 08, 2019
I seriously hope that Nigerians give this man a chance. I really think we should make history by voting Kingsley Moghalu. Enough is Enough.
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by Amarabae(f): 10:39am On Feb 08, 2019
What is Soyinka source of income now?
How exactly does he generate money monthly,
Just wanna know
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by ElsonMorali: 11:09am On Feb 08, 2019
BigBashiru:

It's an overrated European award created by your European slave masters. Why isn't there an African equivalent of nobel prizes? Becos blacks are too busy worshipping European institutions instead of being confident.

And now you've confirmed my suspicions.

The same Europe you are killing yourselves to go to.

Did the Europeans stop you from creating your own prestigious awards?

Or maybe the Europeans have two heads.

"...instead of being confident"

#smh
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by Dannyhajo(m): 12:19pm On Feb 08, 2019
Bro soyinka you can't be fighting your own pocket and you should think you're fighting for our right honestly you've mislead us countless of time.... you no ft talk and think I should believe you again
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by shugabasbn: 12:55pm On Feb 08, 2019
I thought I'm the only person that seeing this man as the best man. Thank God I am not alone. Religion and ethnic apart this man Kingsley is tall ahead of others. But so worrisome and disturbing is the rate at which the southerners especially people from SE ha atikulooted
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by Samkeniyy(m): 4:36pm On Feb 08, 2019
felifeli:

You are a bigger F00l from all indication. If you're having difficulties interpreting my comment, then you need to go back to basic school.
Re: Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President by oyolohi: 12:35am On Feb 12, 2019
Jettage:
Moghalu that did not do any town hall meeting, never campaigned beyond abia, not bold enough to go to the north, could not articulate what he hoped to pay workers as minimum wage,
Had a deputy without brain,
He and Soyinka are bound to loose
Na war o, where did you get your stats from Even me that don't watch news have seen him in a town hall meeting (more than once sef).

And as for the campaigns, what about the wonderful one at Kano?
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/06/kano-declares-for-moghalu-as-mammoth-crowd-receives-ypp-presidential-candidate/amp/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Orders APC To Open Case Against Obaseki In Forgery Suit / Why Is Buhari Disgracing This Country Where Ever He Goes? Pix / APC Replies Obasanjo At Press Conference: 'We Will Disgrace You'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.