Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) (80291 Views)

The Worst Jailers Of Journalists Worldwide 2019 By Committee For Press Freedom / Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm / Can Atiku Abubakar Defeat Muhammadu Buhari In 2019? By Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) by nairamaniac: 7:02pm On Feb 08, 2019
GboyegaD:

Edo was above Ogun because they were ranked by their GDP and not IGR. By IGR, in the context of the post, Ogun is higher than Edo.

But the title clearly states "by IGR"

edo's biggest IGR comes from taxes from smaller companies, smaller hotels and smaller businesses compared to OGUN state.

Meanwhile I can authoritatively tell you that edo generates more revenue from transporters, motor parks and buses than it Generates from businesses.

Go and ask Tony kabaka and noMoless which they wd rather be assigned to collect revenue on behalf of the Government between Business operators and Buses/Taxis/Motor parks.

Those guys made billions from motor parks.

Obasanjo farms alone is bigger than one quarter of All the businesses in Edo state.

Cc

Samunique
Esosafun
Friend01
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) by frowland(m): 7:03pm On Feb 08, 2019
Omololu001:
so can you give us your own correct figures?

So you mean those 15,6 states each generates more than a trillion naira in revenue every year?
Read his write up well and see where OP made the error. Thanks.
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) by DakhnRaul: 7:52pm On Feb 08, 2019
With the level of extortion in Lagos if their IGR is not the highest their curse is from hell. They extort even street beggars.... Owo da state.

1 Like

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) by Starpress: 8:13pm On Feb 08, 2019
There was never a point in history when cocoa money was used to run the Niger delta. That is pure fallacy.

And pls, never ask us what we do with our own money. It is ours and not yours. However, ask yourself what your own leaders have been doing with the free money they've been getting.

The Niger delta is still the most developed region in Nigeria collectively and several indices signifies so.

0koyeeboz:
[s][/s]

When Cocoa money was used to send your grandfathers to school, you didn't read about that, right?

The revenue you oil states collect, what have you done with it?

Go to Bayelsa and Delta and see the nonsense their leaders are doing there.
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) by Starpress: 8:22pm On Feb 08, 2019
Actually, this report happens to be very old. It's been around the net for a few years now.
0koyeeboz:

Proper arithmetic kwa?
See this Anambra illiterate!
All you traders know is buying and selling 1+1

The guy is calling IGR and GDP arithmetic. grin
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) by 0koyeeboz: 8:24pm On Feb 08, 2019
Starpress:
There was never a point in history when cocoa money was used to run the Niger delta. That is pure fallacy.

And pls, never ask us what we do with our own money. It is ours and not yours. However, ask yourself what your own leaders have been doing with the free money they've been getting.

The Niger delta is still the most developed region in Nigeria collectively and several indices signifies so.

Before oil was discovered, parts of the ND were in the Western region and enjoyed free education.

If you can't point out what you've done with little cos it is your money, then why crying that you're underdevelped?

You claim the ND is the most developed region in Nigeria but even here on Nairaland, NDeltans are suing for development of the region.

I'm from Ogun State and we've had our fair share of developments without waiting for the FG. The Dutch disease is what kills the creativity of the ND.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) by 0koyeeboz: 8:25pm On Feb 08, 2019
goaldynboy:
Hahahaha!! Hohohoho!! Hehehehe!!

Two known zombies are fighting in this thread!!
grin grin grin

We are actually 3.

Me, that idiot and your father tapping palmwine in the village.
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) by Iyajison: 8:26pm On Feb 08, 2019
Wit all this, if each state can manage what they have and pay tax to the government, Nigeria will be far better than where we are today
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) by tyup(m): 8:28pm On Feb 08, 2019
0koyeeboz:

They said Internally Generated Revenue and not Externally Generated Revenue ie Diaspora remittances.

For my potopoto brothers who won't agree with this list, they were only referring to legitimate businesses. Assuming they could tax kidnappers, armed robbers and baby factory operators, the potopoto states would have been tops.

Mad man.....Hahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) by Starpress: 8:29pm On Feb 08, 2019
Been looking through the comments to see if I'd see a reasonable one like yours but to no avail. Nigerians know nothing about Nigeria and it's a huge shame.
This information is beyond obsolete and has been on the net for at least 3 to 4 years now.

Nobody makes research or even keeps accurate records relating to our economy.
Olumyco:
OP what you put up there is invalid now. Its outdated. You are misleading all Nigerians with this information.
You should have checked the sites very well. This information is obsolete.

Also there is difference between IGR and GDP. Why are confusing us here.

Now for your information the GDP of Lagos is over $100 billion and not that small figure of $33 billion you put there. Go and update the list.

The GDP of Ghana is around $40 to $60 billion and Lagos GDP is larger than Ghana. So if lagos GDP is $33 billion then it means it is behind Ghana. So please correct that information... the GDP of Lagos 2018/2019 is over $100 billion if not up to $150 billio
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 08, 2019
nairamaniac:

But the title clearly states "by IGR"

edo's biggest IGR comes from taxes from smaller companies, smaller hotels and smaller businesses compared to OGUN state.

Meanwhile I can authoritatively tell you that edo generates more revenue from transporters, motor parks and buses than it Generates from businesses.

Go and ask Tony kabaka and noMoless which they wd rather be assigned to collect revenue on behalf of the Government between Business operators and Buses/Taxis/Motor parks.

Those guys made billions from motor parks.

Obasanjo farms alone is bigger than one quarter of All the businesses in Edo state.

Cc

Samunique
Esosafun
Friend01

you mean skull mining and pant selling in Ogun state is bigger than Edo state igr?

Wake up from your dream

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) by Kriptune: 8:33pm On Feb 08, 2019
So delta has so much money and nothing works

PDP has ruined delta for decades. Only God can save this country
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Feb 08, 2019
0koyeeboz:

Before oil was discovered, parts of the ND were in the Western region and enjoyed free education.

If you can't point out what you've done with little cos it is your money, then why crying that you're underdevelped?

You claim the ND is the most developed region in Nigeria but even here on Nairaland, NDeltans are suing for development of the region.

I'm from Ogun State and we've had our fair share of developments without waiting for the FG. The Dutch disease is what kills the creativity of the ND.
better keep shut if you don't know anything..

Nobody in south south want to be associated with you people because of your propaganda,lies, etc
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 08, 2019
nairamaniac:
This is front page worthy. But I seriously doubt Edo to be above Ogun state.
all these afonja that can't mind their business, you saw Hausa Fulani state topping your own but it's Edo matter you are having headache over.

Once a slave, always a ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) by OkeOladimeji: 8:38pm On Feb 08, 2019
The rating is wrong....here is the correct info

Check the link below... Ogun is third...Lagos is 1
http://saharareporters.com/2018/03/24/nbs-data-reveals-how-much-nigerian-states-generated-internally-2017
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) by 0koyeeboz: 8:38pm On Feb 08, 2019
tyup:

Mad man.....Hahahahahahaha

Crime is the biggest employer of labour in Igboland. Even their businessmen use their businesses as fronts for crime.

They claim to be billionaires but have stunted IGR. You can't tax crime and they have nothing to show.

1 Like

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) by GermanPoison(m): 8:38pm On Feb 08, 2019
Davash222:
8 Southern States

2 Northern States.

Okay.
pls differentiate it west 3 north 2 east 1 south south 4
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) by bigcasava1(m): 8:38pm On Feb 08, 2019
I wonder what Oyo and Ogun is producing that the two sgud be above iimo and akwa ibom
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) by 0koyeeboz: 8:39pm On Feb 08, 2019
Excaperx:
better keep shut if you don't know anything..

Nobody in south south want to be associated with you people because of your propaganda,lies, etc

See this ignorant twerp.

You're the dumb one here who doesn't have any form of knowledge.

Talk nonsense again and I'll mention Niger Delta people who benefitted from the Free education policy sponsored by cocoa money. That's when you'll agree that you don't know anything.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) by tyup(m): 8:41pm On Feb 08, 2019
0koyeeboz:

Crime is the biggest employer of labour in Igboland. Even their businessmen use their businesses as fronts for crime.

They claim to be billionaires but have stunted IGR. You can't tax crime and they have nothing to show.

Lol bro you're a real case grin
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) by KunleyY19(m): 8:42pm On Feb 08, 2019
Chai ...
where Kwara...
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) by KunleyY19(m): 8:42pm On Feb 08, 2019
Chai ...
where Kwara
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) by Nobody: 8:49pm On Feb 08, 2019
0koyeeboz:

See this ignorant twerp.

You're the dumb one here who doesn't have any form of knowledge.

Talk nonsense again and I'll mention Niger Delta people who benefitted from the Free education policy sponsored by cocoa money. That's when you'll agree that you don't know anything.
see this one, which stupid free education? The main Niger delta was part of Benin kingdom even before our was discovered(Edo(Benin, Esan), river state(ikwerre , degema), delta(urhobo , isoko), part of bayelsa(ekpeye,degema)..

There were never under any Yoruba,till date all states mentioned and the people living there are better than people in south west in all human ramifications..

So better stay your lane
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) by Skye231(m): 9:01pm On Feb 08, 2019
nairamaniac:
This is front page worthy. But I seriously doubt Edo to be above Ogun state.
same here
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) by zealadjay(m): 9:41pm On Feb 08, 2019
ClearFlair:
Just remove oil revenue and the list will change drastically.

Jst remove the industrial revenue nd d top list will also change dramatically...

1 Like

Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) by Friend01(m): 9:41pm On Feb 08, 2019
Excaperx:
you mean skull mining and pant selling in Ogun state is bigger than Edo state igr?

Wake up from your dream

let me make it easy for you since young folks like you are quick to mouth off what they don't know.
How many industries does Edo state have in comparison to Ogun State.

Do the maths and tell me if Edo state is not better than Ogun in ''Italian league'' and ''tourism to Libya.''

FYI: I am from Edo state and I live in Edo state.
I don't lie to promote what isn't true because I am. from Edo state .
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) by 21Bandit: 10:16pm On Feb 08, 2019
Abfinest007:
lagos is the richest bcus d industries are there if Rivers n delta state have visionary leaders they will grow more than Lagos

Delta suppose to be number 2 or 1 self if not for bad government...asin bad government just be killing us since 1999
No work for warri...no oil jobs and yet they call us oil city God punish all of them well well.

Na boys cor dey hustle may dem still chop.. Calabar say Na AWA head he won tey build house buy Benz then soft like shoulder pad.....God go punish all of them...

Omo agege dey won side dey release criminals just to win the seat back...well Sha God dey
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) by bashlek(m): 10:33pm On Feb 08, 2019
1StopRudeness:

U clearly don't know what IGR means...are there no workers paying pay as you earn tax in oyo, no private school, no banks. Are u sure u are living in oyo...??
Where did keep all the 24banks with atleast 5branches each...,
Where did u keep Nigerian breweries, Altak industries, bevpak, Isoglass industries, Nampak, premier feeds, RomOils, 7up, sweet co foods, all the filling stations, all the private school, all the hospitals...incase you don't know they don't just pay company tax, they pay education tax, witholding etc....and that's just tax, don't u pay for parking, u don't pay tenement charge, u don't pay for drivers licence, vehicle papers everyyear, market women charge, okada riders permit...etc
Come...oyo state has something!!!
P&G
SUMAL FOOD
British American Tobacco
flour mills
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) by Oskydaniellyyy: 10:45pm On Feb 08, 2019
HigherEd:
You say IGR then bring list of GDP. Nigerian education isn't functional I swear.

I tire for the person ok, again it is naira not dollars written. If Nigeria get this on dollars , we will be one of the best country in the world.

Please , correct the dollar to naira so that people will not my be misinformed.
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 08, 2019
bashlek:

P&G
SUMAL FOOD
British American Tobacco
flour mills

Thank you jare ..
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) by adecrown1989(m): 11:14pm On Feb 08, 2019
First of stale info coz it's copied to make matters worse you don't no the difference between igr and gdp nawa for you oo
Re: 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) by 9jaRealist: 1:23am On Feb 09, 2019
This is a poorly-researched and poorly-written article.

It is clear the author(s) is an economics illiterate, and thus one shouldn’t put much stock in this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obaseki, Shuaibu And Their Wives Visit Buhari (Photos) / Tinubu Receives Atiku At Airport As He Returns To Nigeria (Photos, Video) / Tony Oneweek: "Why Didn't Police Investigate E-Money's Poverty?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.