Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja (48566 Views)

Nigerians React To Saraki Sneaking Into The National Assembly / Nigerians React To Fayose Loosing To APC In Ekiti, Reveals What He Needs To Do / Poem For The Broom By Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by pmaximin: 10:05am On Feb 09, 2019
The same broom that sweeps them to power will sweep them out of power

1 Like

Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by ChiefVolt007: 10:05am On Feb 09, 2019
BUHARI MOST GO !

Before you say Buhari please read what Hon Mohammed
Alkali said

THE APC PLAGUE IN 3 YEARS:
PMB's SCORECARD

1. Corrupt Politicians in prison: None.

2. Nigerians who lost their jobs (2016-2018): 9.3m

3. Working visits to states - 5

4. International trips - 37
5. Medical check-up 156 days.

6. Federal Projects Commissioned: None

7. Inflation rate : 18%

8. Exchange Rate: Naira falls by 200% N365 to $1 down
from N197/$

9. Fulani herdsmen arrest : None.

10. Nigerians killed by herdsmen: over 4,967 (still counting)

11. Boko Haram arrests/ casualty: None. Rather they are
being generously released and compensated.

12. Nigerians Kidnapped: 1,567

13. Soldiers killed by Boko Haram: over 1,678

14. Money paid to Boko Haram: $29m (2016-2018)

15. Debt Burden: Highest single tenure (4yr span)
borrowing since 1960.

16. Borrowed over 14Trillion Naira in 3 years with no
meaningful project, industry establishment or employment
opportunity to show for.

17. Economic adviser: None

18. Petroleum Minister-President Buhari.

19. President’s Certificate: None.

20. President’s age: Fake.

21. Education: WAEC performance dropped 65% ( Worst
ever)

22. APC: All Promises Cancelled.

23. The debt burden of Nigeria brought about by BUHARI
government will take generations of Nigerians to pay off.

24. Lying, deceit, open manipulation has become part of
government achievement under APC government. Every
government official and the presidency lives and lies to the
governed. The masses don't believe or trust the government
or believe what they say.

AND YOU STILL WANT BUHARI BACK FOR ANOTHER 4
YEARS?

That was the worst mistake Nigerians made in 2015! It
MUST never be REPEATED !

Counsel:
What to do?

GET YOUR PVC and change the “Change”

Together we can! Share this post and let's take back our country to its lost glory and prosperity.

YOU HAVE A PART TO PLAY!
**Lets get Nigeria working again***

2 Likes

Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by sweerychick(f): 10:09am On Feb 09, 2019
chieftroller003:

grin
best quote ever
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by vioment: 10:12am On Feb 09, 2019
We are all looking like clowns in nigeria; we are worshipping, fighting, and dying for brooms and umbrella but no plans to move forward.

I will vote a 3rd party, more like sowore.
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by Nobody: 10:13am On Feb 09, 2019
is this even legal...? what an abuse of power and preety dum move by the APC government
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by AkpaMgbor(m): 10:16am On Feb 09, 2019
Akoja360:
is this even legal...? what an abuse of power and preety dum move by the APC government
When I talked about the arrogance of the apc in another thread I know what I was saying..pdp in their 16 years never dared to do such wanton display of arrogance by erecting a party symbol in the capital of the country..nigerians unwittingly handed power to a bunch of political hooligans.

1 Like

Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by Niceman4u(m): 10:22am On Feb 09, 2019
fk001:
Symbol of Life

Symbol that liberated Nigeria from 16 years of PDP slavery.

Symbol that brought us good roads and 24/7 electricity
only if u can swear with ur life abt u commented
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by Evercurious(f): 10:23am On Feb 09, 2019
WritePal:
Oh my people, let it be known to you that we're facing the birth of FASCIM IN NIGERIA, classic despotism, akin to the era of Hitler and his Nazi fundamentlism.

1. The complete disregard for the principle of fairness, equity and oneness honoured by past democratic presidents.

2. The open enthronement of sectionalism just as Hitler preached the superiority of Germans over other races and zombified followers who murdered millions for him.

3. The subtle attempt to make Nigeria a one-party state as demonstrated by the erection of a party symbol as if it was a national monument. It must destroyed after the new president is sworn in.

4. The hiring of a hate mob and propaganda machines like the bmcs here to force down the wish of a demagogue and despot down the throat of Nigerians. They've even hired more and they all scramble for the front page with propaganda images.

5. The mass hiring of false prophets to prophesy lying messages and proclaim the despot as "God's chosen" to try to legitimize the Nazi-like rule.

5. Oh Lord, into your hands we commit Nigeria. Smite those who want to turn the nation into a private estate and enslave the people by using paid and blind followers to propagate their false rule. Prove yourself once more like you did in the days of Pharaoh, Herod, Nebuchadnezzar, Hitler, and Abacha. Amen.

AMEN
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by FATBAYO(m): 10:23am On Feb 09, 2019
Waste of money .
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by Nobody: 10:24am On Feb 09, 2019
fk001:
Symbol of Life

Symbol that liberated Nigeria from 16 years of PDP slavery.

Symbol that brought us good roads and 24/7 electricity

Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by Lovemaester: 10:25am On Feb 09, 2019
WritePal:
Oh my people, let it be known to you that we're facing the birth of FASCIM IN NIGERIA, classic despotism, akin to the era of Hitler and his Nazi fundamentlism.

1. The complete disregard for the principle of fairness, equity and oneness honoured by past democratic presidents.

2. The open enthronement of sectionalism just as Hitler preached the superiority of Germans over other races and zombified followers who murdered millions for him.

3. The subtle attempt to make Nigeria a one-party state as demonstrated by the erection of a party symbol as if it was a national monument. It must destroyed after the new president is sworn in.

4. The hiring of a hate mob and propaganda machines like the bmcs here to force down the wish of a demagogue and despot down the throat of Nigerians. They've even hired more and they all scramble for the front page with propaganda images.

5. The mass hiring of false prophets to prophesy lying messages and proclaim the despot as "God's chosen" to try to legitimize the Nazi-like rule.

5. Oh Lord, into your hands we commit Nigeria. Smite those who want to turn the nation into a private estate and enslave the people by using paid and blind followers to propagate their false rule. Prove yourself once more like you did in the days of Pharaoh, Herod, Nebuchadnezzar, Hitler, and Abacha. Amen.

you are a very stupid bigot, were you alive during PDP 16yrs rule, were you alive during obj's reign because everything you wrote up there obj did worse, yet you support him
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 09, 2019
fk001:

Abuja, Jos, Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Gombe, Kaduna, in fact all of the Northern States are enjoying steady light. i didn't include south because I haven't been there of recent.
Keep quiet which Abj undecided undecided
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by fredoooooo: 10:27am On Feb 09, 2019
Who no like am can kill himself... sweep dem to the gutter grin
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by FLYFIRE(m): 10:30am On Feb 09, 2019
Racoon:
I always wonder why the useless APC govt does not even think why they used the Broom that connotes witchcrafty & sweeping of dirt as their party insignia?
The witchcrafty power behind that useless broom have been destroyed.Nigeria will be liberated again.
APC is a demonic party that will end like the Muslim Brotherhood of Egypt...DIED A NATURAL DEATH AFTER JUST 4 YEARS
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by Uyemi: 10:35am On Feb 09, 2019
fk001:

Abuja, Jos, Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Gombe, Kaduna, in fact all of the Northern States are enjoying steady light. i didn't include south because I haven't been there of recent.

Guy your lie fit turn this Jos cold to heat wave. Na the same Jos wey generator na hotcake, almost every road get marathon obstacle, even dirty wan finish person for city center?

Guy abeg fear God small
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by Yankiss(m): 10:36am On Feb 09, 2019
StupidInyamiri:
He bought the primaries, he bought US visa,

Now he wants to buy Nigeria.

Your destiny is up for sale and you are here saying you are articulated.

You are a classic buffoon.

So because Buhari could not fix d problem of 16yrs in 4 years. So I should go back to the people that caused it. Use ur head well Nigerians
what exactly do you mean by problem of 16years. Nigeria is not 16years old. Assuming that the military handed over a perfect Nigeria to the PDP is spurious. Majority of APC members were again previously of the PDP. So the insinuations do not fly. The APC should show their achievements and not measuring with a failed past.
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by ubongga(m): 10:43am On Feb 09, 2019
360degreess:
.Is it a crime to construct broom?..that broom in just 4yrs,has done morethan what that useless umbrella couldn't do in 16yrs..that broom will finally bury the useless umbrella in FEBUHARI 16...4+4=next level.
am Nt sure u have sense o
so spending dt huge amount on a monument dt add no value 2 d nation is justifiable by u Bah?
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by DerideGull(m): 10:44am On Feb 09, 2019
Ritzy10:
Nigerians have taken to social media to express disappointment over the construction of a giant broom in front of the Abuja City Gate.

Residents of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) noted that as of Thursday, it wasn’t clear what was being constructed when they began, but afterwards, it turned out to be the broom symbol of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

A Twitter user, @adex0057, uploaded a photograph of the broom taken as on Thursday, and he tagged the Guinness World Records (GWR) in his caption.

The caption read: “WORLD LARGEST BROOM Attention: @GWR This is the Largest Broom anybody or group has ever [erected] anywhere in the world. This is work of some group of volunteers of @OfficialAPCNg . It deserves your recognition and honour. Location: Abuja; Date: 02/07/2019.”

The tweet by @adex0057 was retweeted by Rauf Aregbesola, immediate past Governor of Osun State.
However, the presence of the APC broom has been greeted by anger and in some cases, disappointment.
@dondekojo wrote: “These ones are installing a giant broom in front of a national monument? How insane is this?" while @Shawnife wrote: “These people don’t even rate us again. A huge broom has now been mounted in front of the City Gate.”

While @Biisi96 wrote: “What’s the meaning of this useless broom they are erecting at city gate? So this is the madness they were up to. I was confused as to what it was yesterday evening. But alas it was buffoonery in the making. I’m tired abeg,” while @TheIgboWolf wrote: “The broom doesn't represent anything to Nigerian or Nigeria. It's a symbol of a party, just one political party. But it has been mounted at the front of FCT. Again, this country is not for all of us.”

@Waynetipsy_ng tweeted: “#2019elections APC Mounts Gigantic Metal Broom At City Gate, Abuja. The broom allegedly cost a whooping N250million.”

A tweet by @dulzura_2badtz read: “Just a random question from a curious observer... so is this broom a national monument or it’s just for the election purpose and how much was budgeted for this?”

@ify_zoe wrote: “World Largest Broom. You are even tagging Guinness Book of Records without shame. If Buharism isn't a mental case I wonder what it is,” while a tweet by @NotACoquette read: “The broom that brings doom.”

@Mohd_abdul_’s tweet read: “Going to the FRANCE capital you would see... The ‘EIFFEL TOWER’ but coming to Abuja, the Nigeria capital you would end up seeing the ‘BIG BROOM’”, while @afrispheric wrote: “Imagine driving into the capital city of a country in the 21st century and one of the first things you see is a BROOM. Not a rocket. Not a super computer. Not a freedom fighter. But a dirty looking broom.”

See more: https://zenithnaija.com/the-broom-that-brings-doom-nigerians-attack-giant-broom-project-in-abuja/

Stupidity indeed has a home in Nigeria.
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by samazagudu(m): 10:44am On Feb 09, 2019
PDP has nothing to offer for Nigerians for past 16 yrs of ruling. But imagine what APC offered is beyond imagination in just 4yrs. Therefore, reasonable PDP member would not complain for this broom project. Thank you for your understanding
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by guru90: 10:56am On Feb 09, 2019
Chai.........

SO, NIG. NEW INNOVATION TECHNOLOGY IS "GIANT BROOM"

USELESS COUNTRY.......
USELESS NIG POLITICIANS.......
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by smirn(m): 11:01am On Feb 09, 2019
Newznow:
If PDP finally wins this Election, they won't hesitate to bring down the broom and mount their gigantic umbrella grin grin grin
Umbrella? It won't happen in the first place because the corrupt party will never never get back to power. I wished they started it before their final exit in 2015, I believed they won't be able to complete it just like their crazy wadada house.
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by Sammyblaq(m): 11:02am On Feb 09, 2019
fk001:

Shey una dey see¿.
FVCK YOU!
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by goslowgoslow(m): 11:03am On Feb 09, 2019
Racoon:
I always wonder why the useless APC govt does not even think why they used the Broom that connotes witchcrafty & sweeping of dirt as their party insignia?
The witchcrafty power behind that useless broom have been destroyed.Nigeria will be liberated again.
Yes it is used to sweep out dirts caused by people like you and your looting party PDP.
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by davillian(m): 11:18am On Feb 09, 2019
IkennaDavid1:
The broom may come in handy after February 16 to sweep them back to where they came from.
When buhari looses we go enter abj go burn that rubbish broom
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by blacq2009(m): 11:21am On Feb 09, 2019
The Doom Broom 1
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by steam74: 11:22am On Feb 09, 2019
People in most parts of the world won't even know that's a broom. Yet he is tagging Guinness World Records.
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by RTSC: 11:23am On Feb 09, 2019
NdiaraIGBO:

This was why I voted and will vote Buhari again.
I am voting atiku
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by olisaEze(m): 11:25am On Feb 09, 2019
If you think this obscene monument is ok, then u don’t care for our democracy. As for our resident zombies, the bulk of German nationals under the nazi party then also defended their party’s actions in sending men,women & children to death camps. So defending evil under the guise of fighting corruption did not start with u.

Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by ONY3KAH(m): 11:28am On Feb 09, 2019
fk001:

Oga no dey lie... I live in kubwa abuja and we barely get 8hrs power...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Panama Papers: Folorunsho Coker And Gwandu Listed / The Faces Of The Dapchi Schoolgirls After Their Release By Boko Haram Today / No Presidential Broadcast On COVID-19 Updates Today - Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.