Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,093 members, 7,811,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja (48552 Views)

Nigerians React To Saraki Sneaking Into The National Assembly / Nigerians React To Fayose Loosing To APC In Ekiti, Reveals What He Needs To Do / Poem For The Broom By Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by chimauga(m): 11:38am On Feb 09, 2019
Dementia is a deadly disease

Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by Nobody: 11:50am On Feb 09, 2019
Racoon:
I always wonder why the useless APC govt does not even think why they used the Broom that connotes witchcrafty & sweeping of dirt as their party insignia?
The witchcrafty power behind that useless broom have been destroyed.Nigeria will be liberated again.

slowpoke, broom is all seasonal utility comes in handy for salvaging the country ... even the paid miscreants advocating for pdp still needed a broom to sweep apc like they claimed grin why not use umbrella clear apc foot
Funny enough i donnt even have an umbrella in my house , but i av brooms for very room, kitchen n balcony grin
Going back to eygpt is not liberation, last i check no social media candidate as ever won any democratic election in nigeria ,ask Gej, fayose , pastor iyamu , davido eye sef don clear ... the real electorate donnt av time for social media ... that why you see osibanjo visiting them yet someone think apc will rig .. wailers go cry blood
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 11:52am On Feb 09, 2019
fk001:

Abuja, Jos, Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Gombe, Kaduna, in fact all of the Northern States are enjoying steady light. i didn't include south because I haven't been there of recent.
Hmm!
Have U Been To Nasarawa??

Infact Satelite Towns In Abj
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by macjireh: 11:53am On Feb 09, 2019
360degreess:
.Is it a crime to construct broom?..that broom in just 4yrs,has done morethan what that useless umbrella couldn't do in 16yrs..that broom will finally bury the useless umbrella in FEBUHARI 16...4+4=next level.

2 Likes

Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by Optimusprime(m): 12:12pm On Feb 09, 2019
In the history of dumb ideas, this is light years ahead of the dumbest idea.

1 Like

Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by Akanapiaigwe: 12:15pm On Feb 09, 2019
[s]
Flattino:

Greetings from Alhaji Usman danfodiyo from Kebbi .
Akanapiagwe aka tigerclaws aka ngadaawo aka 50 other monikers .
[/s]
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by Lilimax(f): 12:21pm On Feb 09, 2019
Na witches and wizards dey carry broom upandan shocked
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by rejoice4eva(m): 12:25pm On Feb 09, 2019
fk001:
Symbol of Life

Symbol that liberated Nigeria from 16 years of PDP slavery.

Symbol that brought us good roads and 24/7 electricity
Don't forget to mention that it brought recession, hunger, unemployment, poverty, serious blood letting and untold hardship on Nigeria
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by Rijal: 12:28pm On Feb 09, 2019
THE BROOM THAT BRINGS BOOM.
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by jamace(m): 12:36pm On Feb 09, 2019
The broom only sweeps dirts in neighbours compound but leaves its own compound of heaps of dirt.

Broom of hypocrisy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by ogatboy(m): 12:55pm On Feb 09, 2019
StupidInyamiri:
He bought the primaries, he bought US visa,

Now he wants to buy Nigeria.

Your destiny is up for sale and you are here saying you are articulated.

You are a classic buffoon.

So because Buhari could not fix d problem of 16yrs in 4 years. So I should go back to the people that caused it. Use ur head well Nigerians

What was the problem of 16 years?? Stop using political lines. What effort has this government made. Enjoy your change
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by Cutiekatty: 1:03pm On Feb 09, 2019
Broom is for witchcraft not progress, 24/7 electricity in Nigeria? My brother which year are you from 2050? As of 2019 even aso rock still uses generator.

2 Likes

Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by Bonebreaker(m): 1:06pm On Feb 09, 2019
after PDP wins de election dat broom will be burnt down while people are celebrating

1 Like

Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by Guide777(m): 1:08pm On Feb 09, 2019
The broom cult is the doom of Nigeria.
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by HomeOfMe(f): 1:29pm On Feb 09, 2019
Ritzy10:
Nigerians have taken to social media to express disappointment over the construction of a giant broom in front of the Abuja City Gate.

Residents of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) noted that as of Thursday, it wasn’t clear what was being constructed when they began, but afterwards, it turned out to be the broom symbol of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

A Twitter user, @adex0057, uploaded a photograph of the broom taken as on Thursday, and he tagged the Guinness World Records (GWR) in his caption.

The caption read: “WORLD LARGEST BROOM Attention: @GWR This is the Largest Broom anybody or group has ever [erected] anywhere in the world. This is work of some group of volunteers of @OfficialAPCNg . It deserves your recognition and honour. Location: Abuja; Date: 02/07/2019.”

The tweet by @adex0057 was retweeted by Rauf Aregbesola, immediate past Governor of Osun State.
However, the presence of the APC broom has been greeted by anger and in some cases, disappointment.
@dondekojo wrote: “These ones are installing a giant broom in front of a national monument? How insane is this?" while @Shawnife wrote: “These people don’t even rate us again. A huge broom has now been mounted in front of the City Gate.”

While @Biisi96 wrote: “What’s the meaning of this useless broom they are erecting at city gate? So this is the madness they were up to. I was confused as to what it was yesterday evening. But alas it was buffoonery in the making. I’m tired abeg,” while @TheIgboWolf wrote: “The broom doesn't represent anything to Nigerian or Nigeria. It's a symbol of a party, just one political party. But it has been mounted at the front of FCT. Again, this country is not for all of us.”

@Waynetipsy_ng tweeted: “#2019elections APC Mounts Gigantic Metal Broom At City Gate, Abuja. The broom allegedly cost a whooping N250million.”

A tweet by @dulzura_2badtz read: “Just a random question from a curious observer... so is this broom a national monument or it’s just for the election purpose and how much was budgeted for this?”

@ify_zoe wrote: “World Largest Broom. You are even tagging Guinness Book of Records without shame. If Buharism isn't a mental case I wonder what it is,” while a tweet by @NotACoquette read: “The broom that brings doom.”

@Mohd_abdul_’s tweet read: “Going to the FRANCE capital you would see... The ‘EIFFEL TOWER’ but coming to Abuja, the Nigeria capital you would end up seeing the ‘BIG BROOM’”, while @afrispheric wrote: “Imagine driving into the capital city of a country in the 21st century and one of the first things you see is a BROOM. Not a rocket. Not a super computer. Not a freedom fighter. But a dirty looking broom.”

See more: https://zenithnaija.com/the-broom-that-brings-doom-nigerians-attack-giant-broom-project-in-abuja/

It looks horrible!
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by armadeo(m): 1:35pm On Feb 09, 2019
fk001:

Abuja, Jos, Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Gombe, Kaduna, in fact all of the Northern States are enjoying steady light. i didn't include south because I haven't been there of recent.

All hail the king in the north
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by HomeOfMe(f): 1:38pm On Feb 09, 2019
Ritzy10:
Nigerians have taken to social media to express disappointment over the construction of a giant broom in front of the Abuja City Gate.

Residents of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) noted that as of Thursday, it wasn’t clear what was being constructed when they began, but afterwards, it turned out to be the broom symbol of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

A Twitter user, @adex0057, uploaded a photograph of the broom taken as on Thursday, and he tagged the Guinness World Records (GWR) in his caption.

The caption read: “WORLD LARGEST BROOM Attention: @GWR This is the Largest Broom anybody or group has ever [erected] anywhere in the world. This is work of some group of volunteers of @OfficialAPCNg . It deserves your recognition and honour. Location: Abuja; Date: 02/07/2019.”

The tweet by @adex0057 was retweeted by Rauf Aregbesola, immediate past Governor of Osun State.
However, the presence of the APC broom has been greeted by anger and in some cases, disappointment.
@dondekojo wrote: “These ones are installing a giant broom in front of a national monument? How insane is this?" while @Shawnife wrote: “These people don’t even rate us again. A huge broom has now been mounted in front of the City Gate.”

While @Biisi96 wrote: “What’s the meaning of this useless broom they are erecting at city gate? So this is the madness they were up to. I was confused as to what it was yesterday evening. But alas it was buffoonery in the making. I’m tired abeg,” while @TheIgboWolf wrote: “The broom doesn't represent anything to Nigerian or Nigeria. It's a symbol of a party, just one political party. But it has been mounted at the front of FCT. Again, this country is not for all of us.”

@Waynetipsy_ng tweeted: “#2019elections APC Mounts Gigantic Metal Broom At City Gate, Abuja. The broom allegedly cost a whooping N250million.”

A tweet by @dulzura_2badtz read: “Just a random question from a curious observer... so is this broom a national monument or it’s just for the election purpose and how much was budgeted for this?”

@ify_zoe wrote: “World Largest Broom. You are even tagging Guinness Book of Records without shame. If Buharism isn't a mental case I wonder what it is,” while a tweet by @NotACoquette read: “The broom that brings doom.”

@Mohd_abdul_’s tweet read: “Going to the FRANCE capital you would see... The ‘EIFFEL TOWER’ but coming to Abuja, the Nigeria capital you would end up seeing the ‘BIG BROOM’”, while @afrispheric wrote: “Imagine driving into the capital city of a country in the 21st century and one of the first things you see is a BROOM. Not a rocket. Not a super computer. Not a freedom fighter. But a dirty looking broom.”

See more: https://zenithnaija.com/the-broom-that-brings-doom-nigerians-attack-giant-broom-project-in-abuja/

In west africa,the broom is a symbol of witchcraft. Apart from using it to sweep outdoors,it's not supposed to be used for anything else. The way it's standing at the abuja city gate,it looks like badluck.
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by nijabazaar: 1:58pm On Feb 09, 2019
fk001:
Symbol of Life

24hrs electricity

Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by Collins9156(m): 2:10pm On Feb 09, 2019
If u love ur destiny and of ur families, just bycut that road until PDP take over on May 29 and do some cleansing at that spot.
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 09, 2019
AkpaMgbor:

When I talked about the arrogance of the apc in another thread I know what I was saying..pdp in their 16 years never dared to do such wanton display of arrogance by erecting a party symbol in the capital of the country..nigerians unwittingly handed power to a bunch of political hooligans.
i couldnt agree. more sir...
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by chukwumzurum(m): 3:16pm On Feb 09, 2019
money no dy Nigeria but they've money to waste on broom construction. is Buhari the president or is Apc the president?
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by djphish(m): 3:27pm On Feb 09, 2019
fk001:
Symbol of Life

ah!! daddy you can lie oh.. which 24hr light and good road.. at least pity your kids don't say such to them before they are disappointed.
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by Mruwa1(m): 3:35pm On Feb 09, 2019
Vulcanheph:

Abeg if you wanna lie...remember that we are also living in the same country as you.
Please where is the good road and 24 hour power supply
.... From Benin city as i dey type omoh no light for my area my area get light well 2007/2014 ..i know 1 year our road bad btw 2007/2010 aleast dey fit d road but light dey our light for my area then better pass now u know dat kind light when u open ur deed freezer everytin done block u need off am first for some time . 2016 till now road bad since dey say dey do d road till now dey abandon my area......if na only light pmb give us for dis country nobody go dey vex because if u get 18hours light not 24hours u go save diesel and fuel money i pray d next gov find solution to light issue in nigeria
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by ezkimow(m): 4:52pm On Feb 09, 2019
fk001:

OK, I was tempted to insult u but I won't ... Just so you know we in Kano are not enjoying steady light anymore..... U ppl should just say the truth for once, it won't kill u
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by chival(f): 7:11pm On Feb 09, 2019
chrisifeanyi:
Is obvious people have rejected APC. Even in nairaland, the difference in online pool is much. Bye Bye Baba

I noticed this as well.
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by Dollabiz: 7:47pm On Feb 09, 2019
they waste money on everything.including.brooms
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by CharleyBright(m): 8:09pm On Feb 09, 2019
fk001:
Symbol of Life

I swear to God, you are a certified idiot.
Of what use is that Broom monument to u or your generation? You are a big fool if u state 5 economic benefit of that monument that millions of naira is wasted on.
You think you are playing Politics of APC vs PDP by making such idiotic comment.
You are doing yourself.
Useless charlatan like u.
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by Apoztl3(m): 11:00pm On Feb 09, 2019
fk001:
Symbol of Life

I guess the Nigeria you're living in is the hanging one
Re: 'The Broom That Brings Doom' — Nigerians React To Giant Broom Project In Abuja by Oponel1962: 6:45am On Feb 11, 2019
A lot of cleaning needs to be done in Nigeria.
This is a country where they continue to recycle the old and worn-out at the expense of the able and vibrant ones.
Corruption everywhere.
Plenty Churches and Mosques but rituals firmly holding it's grip
Kidnapping and robbery giving birth to cultism.
Massive Looting with Massive Looters being celebrated.
Thugs and hired assassins berekete.
We need the broom physically and spiritually.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbajo Playing With Kid Who Fiddles With His Cap (Photos) / Caption This Straight Face Of The New Chief Of Defence Intelligence. Photos / Kano Indigenes Destroy APC Campaign Billboards (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.