Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,841 members, 7,828,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Pls I Need A Good Business Idea. Who Can Help? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls I Need A Good Business Idea. Who Can Help? (666 Views)

At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life / Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? / Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need A Good Business Idea. Who Can Help? by Ijayz0195: 1:19pm On Feb 09, 2019
Good day everyone. I'm a civil servant and so is my husband. We've got 3kids and a relative living with us. What we both bring to d house is a lil above 100k altogether. This era, paying rent, school fees, feeding n all gulps a chunk of money not to talk of disturbance (don't know whether to call it that) from parents n loved ones. Cos dem no wan hear "I don't have to give you" Especially parents, by d time they download ur history right from d time they gave birth to u and how u started sucking mama's Bobby� na only u go run give them money even when dem no ask. Not all parents are like that sha. I just got paid by someone who has been owing me for very long now, 120k since yearssss back. I want to use that money to do something worthwhile that will be generating a little income to help with what we already make monthly. But not sure which business will be profitable. I'm based in Benin. If anyone around can be of assistance I will be glad. The money cannot help me rent a shop and still stock it so I will have to be doing office to office kind of sales. I need something that can "EASILY " sell and is very affordable to get. Not something I will keep for months and isn't moving. Pls any ideas will be grateful.
Re: Pls I Need A Good Business Idea. Who Can Help? by Ijayz0195: 3:26pm On Feb 09, 2019
smiley
Re: Pls I Need A Good Business Idea. Who Can Help? by Acidosis(m): 4:31pm On Feb 09, 2019
Invest in agriculture or agribusiness.
Re: Pls I Need A Good Business Idea. Who Can Help? by Redman44(m): 5:43pm On Feb 09, 2019
@Ijay, Do you know if there is a Catering School in Benin where you can learn how to bake Cakes? I feel you should invest about 60,000 Naira of that 120,000 Naira you have into acquiring a skill. People love food and Cake Making is not a bad business smiley smiley smiley smiley. You can become the best Cake Maker and Caterer in Benin. Look for somewhere you can learn how to make Cakes, Cupcakes and other Snacks in Benin. There should be a Catering Institute in that City. Check out DOF Institute of Catering and Hotel Management in Benin, Edo State. They have Cake making Courses tere smiley smiley smiley smiley. The school is located on Upper Sakponba Road, Benin.

After completing the Cake Making course, you will be able to get a locally fabricated oven and other equipment one by one. All I am saying is learning a Craft or Skill can make you financially secure. People will know you as a Cake Maker and the orders will surely come once you are making good Cakes. You can also go into the selling of Children's clothes. Fairly used Children's clothes. Stay Blessed.

3 Likes

Re: Pls I Need A Good Business Idea. Who Can Help? by nams77: 6:52pm On Feb 09, 2019
Still thinking of suggestions but I want to quickly advice you to beware of scam elements. They will soon flood here with their magic investment formula

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need A Good Business Idea. Who Can Help? by nams77: 7:14pm On Feb 09, 2019
Redman44:
@Ijay, Do you know if there is a Catering School in Benin where you can learn how to bake Cakes? I feel you should invest about 60,000 Naira of that 120,000 Naira you have into acquiring a skill. People love food and Cake Making is not a bad business smiley smiley smiley smiley. You can become the best Cake Maker and Caterer in Benin. Look for somewhere you can learn how to make Cakes, Cupcakes and other Snacks in Benin. There should be a Catering Institute in that City. Check out DOF Institute of Catering and Hotel Management in Benin, Edo State. They have Cake making Courses tere smiley smiley smiley smiley. The school is located on Upper Sakponba Road, Benin.

After completing the Cake Making course, you will be able to get a locally fabricated oven and other equipment one by one. All I am saying is learning a Craft or Skill can make you financially secure. People will know you as a Cake Maker and the orders will surely come once you are making good Cakes. You can also go into the selling of Children's clothes. Fairly used Children's clothes. Stay Blessed.
Forget all those high sounding institute
Op, locate people who are grounded in this business if this is the route you want to go and learn the nitty gritty from them. Most of these high sounding institute are just hot air and no real substance
It will save you money too

6 Likes

Re: Pls I Need A Good Business Idea. Who Can Help? by nams77: 9:06pm On Feb 09, 2019
Redman44:

WonderI'mful suggestion.
Re: Pls I Need A Good Business Idea. Who Can Help? by Tinosa: 11:29pm On Feb 09, 2019
Baking cakes for birthdays small chops for occasion s
Re: Pls I Need A Good Business Idea. Who Can Help? by Redman44(m): 11:30pm On Feb 09, 2019
@ Op, you can also sell used Children's clothes and shoes. It is a business that moves quickly if you know where to source the clothes from. You will need to make sure the clothes are of a higher grade than the general okrika clothes. This is what will make people patronize you. You can sell direct from your living room to church members, friends, family members and neighbors. You will make steady money if you have good clothes to sell on a constant basis. Do your research online for wholesale clothes dealers in Europe and North America etc. Cheers.

NB: Once you can sort out importation charges and perfect the delivery of the clothes to you by your agents abroad, you will be fine smiley smiley smiley smiley.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need A Good Business Idea. Who Can Help? by Assist23: 11:58pm On Feb 09, 2019
If you decide to sell children's clothes, don't limit yourself to Benin, get a nice camera phone post online, you can make sales from there

3 Likes

Re: Pls I Need A Good Business Idea. Who Can Help? by aanuoluwami14(f): 10:21am On Feb 10, 2019
Ijayz0195:
Good day everyone. I'm a civil servant and so is my husband. We've got 3kids and a relative living with us. What we both bring to d house is a lil above 100k altogether. This era, paying rent, school fees, feeding n all gulps a chunk of money not to talk of disturbance (don't know whether to call it that) from parents n loved ones. Cos dem no wan hear "I don't have to give you" Especially parents, by d time they download ur history right from d time they gave birth to u and how u started sucking mama's Bobby� na only u go run give them money even when dem no ask. Not all parents are like that sha. I just got paid by someone who has been owing me for very long now, 120k since yearssss back. I want to use that money to do something worthwhile that will be generating a little income to help with what we already make monthly. But not sure which business will be profitable. I'm based in Benin. If anyone around can be of assistance I will be glad. The money cannot help me rent a shop and still stock it so I will have to be doing office to office kind of sales. I need something that can "EASILY " sell and is very affordable to get. Not something I will keep for months and isn't moving. Pls any ideas will be grateful.

why not start with food stuffs business, you can sell in bags for your co workers, church members, etc they can pay by month end
Re: Pls I Need A Good Business Idea. Who Can Help? by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 10, 2019
Acidosis:

Invest in agriculture or agribusiness.
vague
Re: Pls I Need A Good Business Idea. Who Can Help? by Tinosa: 12:14am On Feb 11, 2019
Try Lagos

(1) (Reply)

The Wedding Held And Within The Capacity Of The Couple. And Everyone Is Happy / Nigerian Mother Shows Up To Her Hardworking Sons Work Place / Could This Be Love Or Something Else?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.