Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,294 members, 7,811,882 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Nigeria Does Not Need More Church Buildings, But More Righteous Nigerians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigeria Does Not Need More Church Buildings, But More Righteous Nigerians (1209 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Condemns Spending So Much On Church Buildings / Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres / Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Does Not Need More Church Buildings, But More Righteous Nigerians by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 12, 2019
If recent statements made by arguably the most respected church leaders in the country are anything to go by, then it means that there is a conscious effort by such ones to load the nation with even more church buildings than the ones that there already are.

However such aspirations/ambitions of those in question with respect to making more church buildings, has received a palpable extent of disapproval from various quarters of the country, as to why the need for more church buildings in the nation, when the increase of church buildings to the extent it is today, where one could hardly find any street without a church building in it, from what it was in the recent past where such church buildings were few and far between, has not led to the increase or exaltation of the nation by and large, but only coincided with the nation's decline, and consequent increase in the reproach that it suffered as a result of that.

For this position is so glaring that I couldn't agree any less with it, because so far, if the recent history of the nation was anything to go by, it has shown that the fewer the church buildings, the better it has been for Nigeria.

For I could remember while growing up, from the respect of police check points when collecting of bribe was virtually non existent.

To the point where i began to see it occur on the odd occasion, but yet very hidden(perhaps most times at night) as it was very unusual for such to seen taking place in the open.

And then observed how it slowly but surely graduated to the point where it currently is where it is fully blown, and just about takes place anywhere, anytime, anyhow, even at broad daylight and at the full glare of the public eye.

And so from where it was that such a practice was so abnormal that it was virtually nonexistent, it gotten to the point it is now, where it has now become part and parcel of the Nigerian culture, to the extent that to do the otherwise would be seen as being abnormal.

Now the first instance I gave was when the amount of church buildings were few and far between, that the amount of churches in a town could possibly be counted with one's fingers.

And the second was when the church buildings were on the increase but had not gotten to the point where it was just about in every street. Nonetheless there was a significant increase in the amount of churches compared to what it used to be before then, which more less was normal growth.

Then the third instance tallies with where we currently find ourselves, where the church building sector of the nation experienced a boom or some sort of explosion, where church buildings are just about "everywhere you go".

Hence that's just an instance to illustrates how corruption and the various issues plaguing the nation appear to have grown at the speed of church buildings in the nation, that makes it just about impossible to dissociate the consequent decline of the nation from the increase of church buildings in the nation.

So the obvious question is, "why more church buildings in the nation?"

For the increase of the church buildings to this extent in the land, contrary to the view of those who view it as plus/benefit/blessing to the nation(such as the above said leaders with the plan of more church buildings) has instead been a minus/handicap/curse by this glaring outcome.

Now the reason for this seeming negative effect of the increase of church buildings has had on the nation affairs, in sharp contrast to the view of such ones that it has been, or is of benefit to the nation, is because it's not increase in the number of church buildings that exalts a nation but righteousness:

Proverbs 14:34 (KJV)

Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.

Therefore unless such church leaders are able to find a way to make the increase of church buildings in the nation, to tally with the increase of righteousness in the nation and not the otherwise of sin and corruption, as has been shown by its results so far, the increase of church buildings in Nigeria would keep corresponding with the increase in the decline of the nation, and the reproach it suffers as a result.

For what Nigeria desperately needs at this point more than any thing else are not more church buildings, but more righteous Nigerians.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Does Not Need More Church Buildings, But More Righteous Nigerians by hahn(m): 9:04am On Feb 12, 2019
Church business flourishes on the ignorance and poverty level of a nation.

The more people are in the need of overnight miracles, are taught that their problems are caused by the devil/their village people/grandparents the more they will need to go to church to pray their problems away and of course pay tithes and offering.

These kind of teachings make people irresponsible because all they have to do is blame the devil or someone else for their mistakes or problems and pray and ask god for forgiveness of their sins.

So yes op you are right, there is a direct correlation between the growth in churches and the ills of the society and it also supports the argument that religion is not a basis for morality.

Nigeria is a typical example.

As far as "righteousness" is concerned I will say it is just a waste of time.

What we really need are rational thinking citizens and a functional society with adequate infrastructure and equal opportunities.

Obviously this is not a problem the church can fix because if it could it would have done so already.

The church is simply a tool used by the elite and many charlatans known as pastors and priests to control and exploit the masses.

Chaos is the Church's brand

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Does Not Need More Church Buildings, But More Righteous Nigerians by Nbote(m): 9:17am On Feb 12, 2019
Nigeria already has more religious ppl... D problem is dey are only religious but not spiritual.. Their Christianity is only in appearance in church and church activities but not in their daily lives and how dey relate with others

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Does Not Need More Church Buildings, But More Righteous Nigerians by Nobody: 9:18am On Feb 12, 2019
hahn:
Church business flourishes on the ignorance and poverty level of a nation.

The more people are in the need of overnight miracles, are taught that their problems are caused by the devil/their village people/grandparents the more they will need to go to church to pray their problems away and of course pay tithes and offering.

These kind of teachings make people irresponsible because all they have to do is blame the devil or someone else for their mistakes or problems and pray and ask god for forgiveness of their sins.

So yes op you are right, there is a direct correlation between the growth in churches and the ills of the society and it also supports the argument that religion is not a basis for morality.

Nigeria is a typical example.

As far as "righteousness" is concerned I will say it is just a waste of time.

What we really need are rational thinking citizens and a functional society with adequate infrastructure and equal opportunities.

Obviously this is not a problem the church can fix because if it could it would have done so already.

The church is simply a tool used by the elite and many charlatans known as pastors and priests to control and exploit the masses.

Chaos is the Church's brand
No Hahn you are very wrong, for the reason why churches buildings has not had the impact it is supposed to have on the nation is because it is being wrongly set up.

For church buildings have shown via the most advanced nations on earth, e.g. America, Britain., etc., that when rightly set up it would result in the exaltation of a nation.

But when it's all about the money, mammonic messages, tithes, et al but not righteousness, integrity and having good moral values even things that could exalt a nation, that's when such a thing would be seen happening, with respect to increase in church buildings In a nation, where it would only be more or less a waste of space.
Re: Nigeria Does Not Need More Church Buildings, But More Righteous Nigerians by kevoh(m): 9:29am On Feb 12, 2019
jesusjnr:
No Hahn you are very wrong, for the reason why churches buildings has not had the impact it is supposed to have on the nation is because it is being wrongly set up.

For church buildings have shown via the most advanced nations on earth, e.g. America, Britain., etc., that when rightly set up it would result in the exaltation of a nation.

But when it's all about the money, mammonic messages, tithes, et al but not righteousness, integrity and having good moral values even things that could exalt a nation, that's when such a thing would be seen happening, with respect to increase in church buildings In a nation, where it would only be more or less a waste of space.

1. Please, give an example of a rightly set up church building?

2. Are there any (examples of) rightly set up church buildings in Nigeria, following the explanation of question 1?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Does Not Need More Church Buildings, But More Righteous Nigerians by hahn(m): 9:33am On Feb 12, 2019
jesusjnr:

The primary goal of the church has always been to exploit the masses. The only time a church is "poorly setup" is when it functions otherwise.

Actually these nations substituted religious teachings for science. Europe experienced one of the worst times in it's history economically and socially when the church was in power.

It was not until people started relying on rational thinking and science did their societies start progressing.

There is not a single cure for a disease or useful discovery to mankind that was gotten from the pages of a Bible or from a vision in the church in the history of humanity. That says a lot

Nigerian pastors only need more tithes and offering. What you call church buildings are simply new business branches to them to be able to get more customers and build more houses and drive the best cars, wear the best suits and fly in private jets and accumulate more power that comes with it for themselves.

If you think they really care about anything other than that then you are simply being delusional.
Re: Nigeria Does Not Need More Church Buildings, But More Righteous Nigerians by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 12, 2019
kevoh:

1. Please, give an example of a rightly set up church building?

2. Are there any (examples of) rightly set up church buildings in Nigeria, following the explanation of question 1?
You already have the answer of question 1 provided if you go below the bolded by you.

So going by that basis, there are definitely rightly set up church in the nation but they are only the exception, for the wrongly setup ones are the norm.
Re: Nigeria Does Not Need More Church Buildings, But More Righteous Nigerians by CAPSLOCKED: 9:54am On Feb 12, 2019
hahn:

The primary goal of the church has always been to exploit the masses.

Nigerian pastors only need more tithes and offering. What you call church buildings are simply new business branches to them to be able to get more customers and build more houses and drive the best cars, wear the best suits and fly in private jets and accumulate more power that comes with it for themselves.

If you think they really care about anything other than that then you are simply being delusional.

AS LONG AS YOU'RE RELIGIOUS, AND STILL BELIEVE IN BULLCRAP DESPITE ALL THE AVAILABLE OBSERVABLE SUGGESTIONS THAT BELIEFS IN MYTHS IS NONSENSICAL, THEN I'M SORRY, YOU'RE GROSSLY DELUSIONAL.

There is not a single cure for a disease or useful discovery to mankind that was gotten from the pages of a Bible or from a vision in the church in the history of humanity. That says a lot

MY BROTHER... IT IS VERY SADDENING.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Does Not Need More Church Buildings, But More Righteous Nigerians by kevoh(m): 10:43am On Feb 12, 2019
jesusjnr:
You already have the answer of question 1 provided if you go below the bolded by you.

So going by that basis, there are definitely rightly set up church in the nation but they are only the exception, for the wrongly setup ones are the norm.
Below it, is not the answer. I asked for an example. It's ok if you don't feel like answering my question. I won't bother much longer!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Does Not Need More Church Buildings, But More Righteous Nigerians by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 12, 2019
hahn:

The primary goal of the church has always been to exploit the masses. The only time a church is "poorly setup" is when it functions otherwise.

Actually these nations substituted religious teachings for science. Europe experienced one of the worst times in it's history economically and socially when the church was in power.

It was not until people started relying on rational thinking and science did their societies start progressing.

Hahn, now give me one good reason to see you any different from those of the church who have allowed sentiments and unfounded preconceptions to becloud their judgments and opinions.

For if i were like you or like them in that sense I would be singing a similar tune to theirs, as I would be become blinded to certain truths as such and hence begin to view church buildings for more than what they ordinarily are.

But you can see how diff I am from the likes of you, as in spite of being of the church I refuse thread the sentiment path of men but chosen to separate the wheat from the chaff, and the things of God from those that be of men in the church.

For if not sentiments on your path and your obsessions to just about use anything to justify your spite for God, how can you say that the primary goal of this instance of church which was founded by Jesus was meant to exploit the masses?

Acts 4:32, 34-35 (KJV)

And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.
Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

Acts 3:6 (KJV)

Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.

For this is the original setup just as Jesus intended for it to be, so just because today's church leaders would instead go and be buying private jets and accumulating the church wealth unto themselves at the expense of the flocks, doesn't mean that that was the way it was meant to be, or what it was when the church first began.

Secondly when you talk about the development or the exaltation of Europe in the respect of science without mentioning Isaac Newton?

Just in case you'd forgotten he is adjudged by and large the best and most influential ever scientist on Earth by mutual observers inclusive of even atheists scientists, and yet he was an unapologetic church man, who proudly showed off his religious disposition.

If you ask me it wasn't by coincidence that he was so distinguished, for that was the reason that God endowed him with more than his atheist peers to distinguish him from them, and also to show that such development of such nations hinged upon science cannot be separated from He the Creators input.

But you can choose to keep up with your sentimental analysis of such instances, however at the same time you should also know that you consequently have no right to criticize those of the church fold as yourself, who have allowed such sentiments to blind their view of the truth.

So at this rate Hahn to me you are no different but just an atheist version of them.
Re: Nigeria Does Not Need More Church Buildings, But More Righteous Nigerians by Nobody: 11:43am On Feb 12, 2019
kevoh:

Below it, is not the answer. I asked for an example. It's ok if you don't feel like answering my question. I won't bother much longer!
The point I made is with respect to the purpose of setting up the church building, so you can now apply the below to that perspective.

For I wasn't a talking about it literally, but mentally, for that's determines if the building would be set up the right way or not.

As for an example of the right set up of such, you can also get it from my second response to Hahn's comments, as you did my first response, for it is that church which Jesus founded in the book of acts.

And if you need any example of that in today's world, you know it's hard but there are quite a few that are not there yet but somewhere.

But I can't give you any as i've done on several occasions here, because you should be able to do that yourself by using my given perfect example of the right church building set up to compare with them, and thereby get your answer.
Re: Nigeria Does Not Need More Church Buildings, But More Righteous Nigerians by Nobody: 8:08am On Feb 13, 2019
Very important!
Re: Nigeria Does Not Need More Church Buildings, But More Righteous Nigerians by Goshen360(m): 3:57pm On Feb 13, 2019

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Does Not Need More Church Buildings, But More Righteous Nigerians by Nobody: 12:40am On Feb 14, 2019
Nbote:
Nigeria already has more religious ppl... D problem is dey are only religious but not spiritual.. Their Christianity is only in appearance in church and church activities but not in their daily lives and how dey relate with others
There are exceptions. There are many Nigerians that has the fruit of Christianity in them. Yes the fruit of Christianity because they are different. When you see them you would know. They strife to do things that are right but they persecuted by the so called Christian brothers. Many of them live according to the scriptures that is why a Christian sect was called Scripture Union .(SU).
Re: Nigeria Does Not Need More Church Buildings, But More Righteous Nigerians by Nobody: 8:55am On Feb 14, 2019
Righteousness exalts a nation not church buildings
Re: Nigeria Does Not Need More Church Buildings, But More Righteous Nigerians by UceeGod: 11:32am On Feb 14, 2019
Nations are only as good as their communities, and communities  are  only  as  good  as  the  families  that  comprise  them. Families  are only as good as the individuals of  which they consist. Therefore,  the quality of  a nation  is determined by the quality of  its people. This is especially true  and critical in  regard  to  the leadership  of  a nation. Often, as the leaders go, so goes  the nation. The values, standards, and moral consciences of  our leaders frequently determine the decisions and laws  of  our nations, and they influence the lifestyles  and cultures  of  the people. It  is  imperative,  therefore,  to  understand  that  if  the  people of  our nation, the individuals we  appoint as leaders over  us, and the institutions of  our societies do  not have  a higher  source of  reference for their convictions, beliefs, morals, values, and standards, then  we  will  continue  to  be victims of  our own corrupt  nature. This is why God’s design  for humankind’s life on  earth requires  that  human beings be filled with  the very Spirit  of  the Creator himself—the Holy Spirit—the  Governor of  heaven. In essence,  national  community and global  life  on earth was intended to  be lived through and by  the Holy Spirit, the Governor. The person  and role  of  the Holy Spirit  is not a religious issue, but a social, economic, cultural, and political concern. The Holy Spirit is therefore a national  and international  issue and must  be seen and presented as such

Myles Munroe (Holy Spirit, The Most Important Person On Earth)
Re: Nigeria Does Not Need More Church Buildings, But More Righteous Nigerians by Nobody: 8:40am On Feb 16, 2019
"Righteousness" not "church buildings" exalts a nation.
Re: Nigeria Does Not Need More Church Buildings, But More Righteous Nigerians by Nobody: 9:25am On Feb 17, 2019
More righteousness!
Re: Nigeria Does Not Need More Church Buildings, But More Righteous Nigerians by davien(m): 10:34am On Feb 17, 2019
You mean righteous people that don't take correction easily, and find it hard to change their minds because they feel God is on their side? No thanks..

We need more honest, hardworking and patroitic Nigerians who aren't swayed by sentiments, geopolitical zones and tribe.

Because if you didn't know, the so-called "righteous men" in the Bible only cared for either their tribe, geopolitical zone and/or persons they liked.
Re: Nigeria Does Not Need More Church Buildings, But More Righteous Nigerians by Nobody: 7:44am On Feb 18, 2019
davien:
You mean righteous people that don't take correction easily, and find it hard to change their minds because they feel God is on their side? No thanks..

We need more honest, hardworking and patroitic Nigerians who aren't swayed by sentiments , geopolitical zones and tribe.

Because if you didn't know, the so-called "righteous men" in the Bible only cared for either their tribe, geopolitical zone and/or persons they liked.
You talk about not being swayed by sentiments and yet this your post is as sentimental as sentiments could possibly get?

For the solution of "righteous persons" is simply disqualified by you because you are swayed by your sentiments and preconceptions that righteous person imply people that believe in God.

Maybe this is when the saying "it begins with you" is justified, as your saying "we need nigerians who are not being swayed by sentiments" should actually "begin with you".

As without sentiments you can see that I am not being swayed by sentimental myself, that's why I can have the guts to say that "Nigeria don't need church buildings", despite being a part of the church, so it something you can learn from me.

For such sentiments and unfounded preconceptions is one of the things that are killing the nation, as people would assume something to be the solution, but it is only a position arrived at by sentiments, but not the truth.

So if you really have the nation's interest at heart, you can't afford to allow sentiments to also becloud your judgment as such.
Re: Nigeria Does Not Need More Church Buildings, But More Righteous Nigerians by davien(m): 2:19pm On Feb 18, 2019
jesusjnr:
You talk about not being swayed by sentiments and yet this your post is as sentimental as sentiments could possibly get?

For the solution of "righteous persons" is simply disqualified by you because you are swayed by your sentiments and preconceptions that righteous person imply people that believe in God.

Maybe this is when the saying "it begins with you" is justified, as your saying "we need nigerians who are not being swayed by sentiments" should actually "begin with you".

As without sentiments you can see that I am not being swayed by sentimental myself, that's why I can have the guts to say that "Nigeria don't need church buildings", despite being a part of the church, so it something you can learn from me.

For such sentiments and unfounded preconceptions is one of the things that are killing the nation, as people would assume something to be the solution, but it is only a position arrived at by sentiments, but not the truth.

So if you really have the nation's interest at heart, you can't afford to allow sentiments to also becloud your judgment as such.
What sentiments? Are you literate at all? Or lack anything to counter my points?
My point remains that the biblical representation of a righteous man is warring, unethical, racist and injust.
Re: Nigeria Does Not Need More Church Buildings, But More Righteous Nigerians by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 18, 2019
davien:
What sentiments? Are you literate at all? Or lack anything to counter my points?
My point remains that the biblical representation of a righteous man is warring, unethical, racist and injust.
Speaking about being literate at all, you are a stark illiterate about what the Bible and both myself depict as a righteous man, for if not you would understand why God said ten righteous men in Sodom would been enough to have saved the land.

And in my own respect, when I would open a thread with the title "a righteous atheist/pagan is better than a wicked christian, then you would know that you have to study the both of us more to become literate in our respect before you start your unfounded and sentimental accusations against us.
Re: Nigeria Does Not Need More Church Buildings, But More Righteous Nigerians by davien(m): 2:41pm On Feb 18, 2019
jesusjnr:
Speaking about being literate at all, you are a stark illiterate about what the Bible and both myself depict as a righteous man, for if not you would understand why God said ten righteous men in Sodom would been enough to have saved the land.

And in my own respect, when I would open a thread with the title "a righteous atheist/pagan is better than a wicked christian, then you would know that you have to study the both of us more to become literate in our respect before you start your unfounded and sentimental accusations against us.
Lol, unfounded that Solomon, King David, Moses, etc who are regarded as "righteous men" slaughtered entire villages, kept women and children as slaves and concubines/sex slaves, and never gave a hoot about any tribe besides their own?..

You are just a brainwashed African, go educate yourself.. Mostly on how churches elected what should be in the Bible before spewing ignorant rants. My last post to you.
Re: Nigeria Does Not Need More Church Buildings, But More Righteous Nigerians by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 18, 2019
davien:
Lol, unfounded that Solomon, King David, Moses, etc who are regarded as "righteous men" slaughtered entire villages, kept women and children as slaves and concubines, and never gave a hoot about any tribe besides their own?..

You are just a brainwashed African, go educate yourself.. Mostly on how churches elected what should be in the Bible before spewing ignorant rants. My last post to you.
If you truly be a literate, then stark illiteracy is by far a better option.
Re: Nigeria Does Not Need More Church Buildings, But More Righteous Nigerians by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 18, 2019
Nbote:
Assertions not correct
Re: Nigeria Does Not Need More Church Buildings, But More Righteous Nigerians by Nobody: 6:37pm On Feb 18, 2019
Righteous Nigerians ? The two words look strange to each other grin

Quit this Christianity nonsense and do something useful for mankind.
Re: Nigeria Does Not Need More Church Buildings, But More Righteous Nigerians by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 18, 2019
frosbel2:
Righteous Nigerians ? The two words look strange to each other grin

Quit this Christianity nonsense and do something useful for mankind.
I actually feel really sorry for you.

You alone know if your own case is yet hopeful or hopeless?

When I had far less I was yet resolute and unshaken in my resolve, so do you think it's now that i have much more and now feel the presence of God strongly in my bones continually for 24 hours non-stop that i would now abandon my love for Jesus?

I obviously think that it's you that ought to quit this your hopeless conscious attempt of ever getting me to quit what I have now, for a mission impossible is more like an understatement to that.

I think even just by the extent to which we can go to alone for our beliefs, it very obvious that despite how you feel so convinced about your belief that my belief is a waste of time, that you are not willing to go to the length i'm willing to for my belief in Jesus, for your belief that He's whatever you've said that He is.

For can you lay down your life for that belief?

But for me it the least I could possibly do for mine, and it would be an honour because I'm not worthy to be given that privilege to do so, and I wish you knew me you would know that this is not just lip service but the truth which heaven knows about me.

So frosbel2 let it be fake, a white whatever, an idol, something useless, no wahala, but you don't even believe in what you call useful to the extent I believe in what you call useless, so to that extent you lack the credentials to even advice me to quit what I believe in. cool
Re: Nigeria Does Not Need More Church Buildings, But More Righteous Nigerians by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 18, 2019
jesusjnr:
I actually feel really sorry for you.

You alone know if your own case is yet hopeful or hopeless?

When I had far less I was yet resolute and unshaken in my resolve, so do you think it's now that i have much more and now feel the presence of God strongly in my bones continually for 24 hours non-stop that i would now abandon my love for Jesus?

I obviously think that it's you that ought to quit this your hopeless conscious attempt of ever getting me to quit what I have now, for a mission impossible is more like an understatement to that.

I think even just by the extent to which we can go to alone for our beliefs, it very obvious that despite how you feel so convinced about your belief that my belief is a waste of time, that you are not willing to go to the length i'm willing to for my belief in Jesus, for your belief that He's whatever you've said that He is.

For can you lay down your life for that belief?

But for me it the least I could possibly do for mine, and it would be an honour because I'm not worthy to be given that privilege to do so, and I wish you knew me you would know that this is not just lip service but the truth which heaven knows about me.

So frosbel2 let it be fake, a white whatever, an idol, something useless, no wahala, but you don't even believe in what you call useful to the extent I believe in what you call useless, so to that extent you lack the credentials to even advice me to quit what I believe in. cool

I feel sad for you because you are wasting your life on a myth while your western counterparts are making strides in science , medicine and technology to improve the lot of mankind.

With all your love for Jesus , have you raised anyone from the dead, or healed a cancer patient, or made the dumb talk or made the deaf hear or made the blind see etc.What do you do for the hungry or is it tied to them loving your Jesus ? If you haven't done any of these things, admit it, you are either a charlatan or living a life according to fraudulent religion.

Carry on with your sham, its meaningless to me and I care not one iota if you love your fairy tale Jesus till old age.

wink
Re: Nigeria Does Not Need More Church Buildings, But More Righteous Nigerians by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 18, 2019
frosbel2:

I feel sad for you because you are wasting your life on a myth while your western counterparts are making strides in science , medicine and technology to improve the lot of mankind.

With all your love for Jesus , have you raised anyone from the dead, or healed a cancer patient, or made the dumb talk or made the deaf hear or made the blind see etc.What do you do for the hungry or is it tied to them loving your Jesus ? If you haven't done any of these things, admit it, you are either a charlatan or living a life according to fraudulent religion.

Carry on with your sham, its meaningless to me and I care not one iota if you love your fairy tale Jesus till old age.

wink
U know, poverty is a disease of the mind.
It has so twisted our mindset that rational thinking is very impossible.
I got so sick of Nigerian church when the so called righteous people will steal new born and go for dedication citing miraculous pregnancy. Test or scan shows nothing.
I mean, day light robbery and these wicked souls will be jumping up in excitement.
Very wicked set of people. As far as I'm concerned they are the same as Islamic fundamentalists.

If u have worked in church admin, u will just liken church to magic show.
Re: Nigeria Does Not Need More Church Buildings, But More Righteous Nigerians by Nobody: 12:28am On Feb 19, 2019
frosbel2:

wink
Hear who's talking about what he lacks knowledge about.

So tell me about the cream of the crop of the western countries, and what distinguished them from the rest than the "in God we trust"?

How about the European counterpart, that brought about the faith to these parts of the world that says "God save the queen"?

Or do you think that it was via coincidence that the greatest ever scientist was an unapologetic believer in Jesus?

So let me watch you try hard in futility to distance the development and technological advancements of Europe without the contribution of such a person whose believe in Jesus was an open secret.

My friend find another excuse for your lack of faith in Christ, for that of the development of the western world has hence been grinded to dust.

frosbel2:

With all your love for Jesus , have you raised anyone from the dead, or healed a cancer patient, or made the dumb talk or made the deaf hear or made the blind see etc.

wink
So is that just it, Frosbel2, the works?

So are you telling me in essence that that was behind your transiting from frosbel to frosbel2?

Haba frosbel, you could do better than that now?

So you mean that if you were Jesus, that by 29 years of obediently following the Father's Will, you would now stage a revolt because your time has not yet come to do such miracles?

Jesus knew way better than that, and so do I, for I already have some signs to show for my walk at this level of faith, such as the extent of wisdom at my disposal, and also the utterances of the Holy Spirit.

And those things you called works are not even the kind of works that display the Spirit of God to the extent of His ability, for by the signs, the extent of works i'm gonna be able to do will by far exceed that.

So that is very close and you would know that it's me because it would be glaringly diff, but the point is that, is that all you need to come back to where you belong, or you are just another one who's just looking for another flimsy excuse to justify his rebellious tendencies?

For the problem is not with God but with man, for how many people would be able to handle such extent of power?

You saw what one powerless church folk tried to do with what he doesn't even have in your respect, so imagine that he had the extent of power that Jesus had?

And moreover works is not the cure to all rebellious tendencies, if not the children of Israel would have never thought about making a golden calf just days after experiencing the wonders that God wrought in the land of Egypt and at the red sea.

So the problem is never God but man, can he handle it, and would it solve his inclination to rebellion?

frosbel2:

What do you do for the hungry or is it tied to them loving your Jesus ? If you haven't done any of these things, admit it, you are either a charlatan or living a life according to fraudulent religion.

wink
I'm not one to blow the trumpet of my extent of generosity, but if actually follow my threads here in Nairaland, you would know that it's hard to find someone who cares about the poor as I do.

So you can just breeze through my threads titles to confirm this.

It's a shame that you've seem to have also lost the manners you had when you were a church folk, except you didn't have any then, then your case would be much easier for me to understand. grin
Re: Nigeria Does Not Need More Church Buildings, But More Righteous Nigerians by Nobody: 10:15am On Feb 19, 2019
jesusjnr:

How about the European counterpart, that brought about the faith to these parts of the world that says "God save the queen"?

They brought a 'faith' that totally destroyed the foundation of your culture and nation , turned it upside down, dividing once united tribes through religion, greed and fear of punishment. This is same Queen ( and head of the Anglican church ) that sanctioned slavery, colonialism, wars , genocide and subjugated nations with cruel and horrific violence. Does this even make sense to you ?

Look at what your Jesus has done to Africa - religious confusion, chaos, poverty, backwardness etc which is actually very similar to where Europe was in the middle ages , when they embraced Christianity. Europe only came out of the dark ages when the power of the church began to wane and their authority was challenged. People were able to get hold of books and educate themselves on science, philosophy and economics.

Or do you think that it was via coincidence that the greatest ever scientist was an unapologetic believer in Jesus?

And who is this GREATEST SCIENTIST that was a believer in Jesus Christ. I need his name / thanks.

So let me watch you try hard in futility to distance the development and technological advancements of Europe without the contribution of such a person whose believe in Jesus was an open secret.

And who is this GREATEST SCIENTIST that was a believer in Jesus Christ. I need his name / thanks.

My friend find another excuse for your lack of faith in Christ, for that of the development of the western world has hence been grinded to dust.

Europe would have remained in the dark ages were it not for the brave men and women who challenged the authority of the church and used all their resources and even sacrificed their own lives to get the truth to the common man. Only after the myth surrounding the church was destroyed , were people able to throw off the cloak of oppressive religion.

But ask yourself this question, why did this same faith in Christ that helped develop Europe ( supposedly ) not make the same progress in Africa ? With all the mosques and churches that litter black Africa they are as backward as ever, always relying on the achievements made by the white man , unable to invent, innovate or alleviate poverty in the lives of its people. You have millions of Christians and thousands of pastors crying daily out to Jesus and the results we see are even more backwardness, ignorance, immorality and wickedness. Is Jesus not supposed to bring peace , love, health and prosperity ?? Yet 80% of his deluded followers struggle in their daily lives.

So you mean that if you were Jesus, that by 29 years of obediently following the Father's Will, you would now stage a revolt because your time has not yet come to do such miracles?

Jesus knew way better than that, and so do I, for I already have some signs to show for my walk at this level of faith, such as the extent of wisdom at my disposal, and also the utterances of the Holy Spirit.

And those things you called works are not even the kind of works that display the Spirit of God to the extent of His ability, for by the signs, the extent of works i'm gonna be able to do will by far exceed that.

What the hell are you talking about ? Please rephrase

For the problem is not with God but with man, for how many people would be able to handle such extent of power?

You saw what one powerless church folk tried to do with what he doesn't even have in your respect, so imagine that he had the extent of power that Jesus had?

Lol, you guys are huge jokers.

You said "how many people would be able to handle such extent of power? " , and yet Jesus said ;

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father " - John 14:12

" Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.And moreover works is not the cure to all rebellious tendencies, if not the children of Israel would have never thought about making a golden calf just days after experiencing the wonders that God wrought in the land of Egypt and at the red sea" - [b]Mark 16:17[/b
]

So who should we believe, you or Jesus ? Moreover, despite all these promises and millions of followers of Jesus, the hospital wards are still overflowing, the blind still cannot see, the deaf still cannot hear and the mute cannot talk. Who are you kidding with your bullsh1t ? Only kids will fall for the tricks of organised ( and confused) religion.

I'm not one to blow the trumpet of my extent of generosity, but if actually follow my threads here in Nairaland, you would know that it's hard to find someone who cares about the poor as I do.

But you are now blowing your trumpet ? Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Winners Chapel Live Stream Youtube - Today Sunday Service / End Time Is Near : Pope Francis Cancels The Bible And Proposes To Create A New B / Bible Verses That Prove God Is Not Against The Use Of Nose Ring.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.