Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

Pastor Kumuyi Condemns Spending So Much On Church Buildings - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi Condemns Spending So Much On Church Buildings (1207 Views)

Muhammad Kabir Orjiegbulam: Igbo Muslim Congratulates His Mother On Church Award / Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres / Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Kumuyi Condemns Spending So Much On Church Buildings by money121(m): 8:43am On Dec 26, 2023
Pastor Kumuyi Condemns Spending So Much On Church Buildings While Needy Members Are Suffering

Pastor W.F. Kumuyi, the leader of Deeper Christian Life Ministry, spoke out against spending too much on church buildings while members in need are suffering.

In a message called "Emmanuel, Jesus The Healer," he said, "The church has no excuse, spending so much money on structures while needy members are suffering and dying."

He pointed out a stark reality, saying, "Some believers have too much to eat while some have nothing to eat, and we think giving to God is all about giving for church building projects, while some believers are starving around us."

Pastor Kumuyi emphasized the need to "Build Lives, Not just buildings that will not be raptured when Christ Comes."

He then encouraged believers to "Be charitable as you celebrate Emmanuel, the Reason for the Season." So this emphasizes the importance of focusing on the well-being of fellow believers rather than extravagant church constructions.

However, Pastor Kumuyi's words serve as a reminder that the essence of giving goes beyond physical structures, calling for a more compassionate and caring approach within the faith community.

lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J Seun Nlfpmod

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Condemns Spending So Much On Church Buildings by money121(m): 8:43am On Dec 26, 2023
Ok
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Condemns Spending So Much On Church Buildings by money121(m): 8:44am On Dec 26, 2023
All is Well
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Condemns Spending So Much On Church Buildings by richiemcgold: 9:01am On Dec 26, 2023
The best Christian believers are those christians of the Early Church. Christianity today is too materialistic.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Condemns Spending So Much On Church Buildings by Ikaeniyan0: 9:05am On Dec 26, 2023
What of the money Deeper Life spend on building their HQ at Gbagada?

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Condemns Spending So Much On Church Buildings by SALLYBERRY01(m): 9:26am On Dec 26, 2023
This is a welcome development

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Condemns Spending So Much On Church Buildings by RepoMan007: 9:31am On Dec 26, 2023
In a message called "Emmanuel, Jesus The Healer," he said, "The church has no excuse, spending so much money on structures while needy members are suffering and dying."

He pointed out a stark reality, saying, "Some believers have too much to eat while some have nothing to eat, and we think giving to God is all about giving for church building projects, while some believers are starving around us."
The reason people embrace poverty is partly down to interpretations like Kumuyi's.

What people need is things and things don't fall from heaven. Focusing on the paper printed to aid/facilitate the exchange of things(love of money) above getting things done is the root cause of so many evil.

The needy refers to people not in position to help themselves and not able bodied adults who specialize in highlighting their wants and respomsibilities as needs.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Condemns Spending So Much On Church Buildings by izicooo(f): 9:34am On Dec 26, 2023
Yes, he has a point there but one thing I notice about these so called men of God is that they enjoy preaching what they don't practice, you need to see Deeper Life head quaters in Lagos, it is a city. I have stopped taking these men seriously.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Condemns Spending So Much On Church Buildings by RepoMan007: 9:36am On Dec 26, 2023
izicooo:
Yes, he has a point there but one thing I notice about these so called men of God is that they enjoy preaching what they don't practice, you need to see Deeper Life head quaters in Lagos, it is a city. I have stopped taking these men seriously.
what makes it a city?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Condemns Spending So Much On Church Buildings by qwertyuioplm: 9:41am On Dec 26, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
that one far self, see that one at 23 road festac, I was there when they were about to commence the project back then in 2015,they budgeted millions
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Condemns Spending So Much On Church Buildings by vowiski(m): 10:07am On Dec 26, 2023
Hm
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Condemns Spending So Much On Church Buildings by ProfGday(m): 4:11pm On Dec 26, 2023
A case of do as I say not as I do...... No human being is perfect expecially your G.O
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Condemns Spending So Much On Church Buildings by MindHacker9009(m): 4:49pm On Dec 26, 2023
Jesus christ was invented by the Roman empire.

The true Traditional religion God gave the Jews is Judaism.

The whole Jesus christ story was a Roman empire invention, that's why the Jews cannot be deceived. It's like saying Jesus was a yoruba man born of a yoruba virgin during the European occupation and the yorubas are saying his is not our Messiah promised in the Old Testament but the Europeans during the occupation are saying his is the messiah of the yorubas! cheesy

The records the Jews have is that a Roman soldier was the father of your Jesus christ!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmEScIUcvz0
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Condemns Spending So Much On Church Buildings by Melagros(m): 5:45pm On Dec 26, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
The same question i wanted to ask
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Condemns Spending So Much On Church Buildings by Melagros(m): 5:47pm On Dec 26, 2023
izicooo:
Only the gullible will believe what he's saying
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Condemns Spending So Much On Church Buildings by Kobojunkie: 6:34pm On Dec 26, 2023
RepoMan007:
what makes it a city?
You are kidding, right? undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Condemns Spending So Much On Church Buildings by RepoMan007: 7:38pm On Dec 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You are kidding, right? undecided
You are back with pettiness again right or the question has no answer?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Condemns Spending So Much On Church Buildings by Kobojunkie: 8:48pm On Dec 26, 2023
RepoMan007:
You are back with pettiness again right or the question has no answer?
***Yawn***

(1) (Reply)

Discover Four Simple Laws, and solve life's greatest mystery / Wicked Drums & Bass Tracks Over A Gospel Church Video Clips / I Am Scared To Be Happy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.