Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,498 members, 7,861,428 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:08 PM

Pls Advise Me - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pls Advise Me (4303 Views)

Pls Advise!!! Between Dubai And Uk / Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. / Pls Advise!!! From Dubai To Canada Or USA?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Advise Me by mrphysics(m): 1:03pm On Feb 14, 2019
Contumely:

Oga, you have little or no life experience to give advice here.

This is not romance section.

Have you been to MMIA sef?
No Sir. You that have been to MMIA have you bought a plane?

5 Likes

Re: Pls Advise Me by BarristerAlarig: 1:08pm On Feb 14, 2019
casperuk:
I don't believe getting a visa to the United States, Europe, or Asia would be a problem. The UK Home Office only share their visa database with the Irish embassy. The shenanigan visa system is different. Names are only flagged up when there is a criminal record on the europol database which they share to track terrorists and criminals not visa over-stayers. Well nevertheless, I fell out of status not longer than one month a ago, I have been legal all these time. My wife is currently doing her Masters in Law in Nigeria. Getting a Non immigrant visa maybe a huddle for the uk and Ireland, but not for other countries. Voluntary return is not deportation or administrative removal. There are also other countries that have a point based immigration system, I believe I will also be able to qualify if I meet their point. Such systems are fairer than other immigration systems that grant too much power to the discretion of the ECO, where If they don't like your face they can say no.

I will be ban for 2 - 5 years for a UK visa, but that's it. I can return for a PHD if I so opt after the ban on a student visa as it is a based point system. If you meet the point they will be issued the visa.

What do I know??

I am sure you are right.
Re: Pls Advise Me by greatnaija01: 3:13pm On Feb 14, 2019
oh wow. Well, if you can get a group of friends and put the money for rebel betting arbs together u can sure start with less.
BUT if you visit ODDSPORTAL... u get sure arbs there for free sir. Kindly check to confirm the truth for yourself. I only mean 100k because in a week he can make 5-6 figures. The goal for him was to make it monthly

brandable:

Arbtraging with 100k. Honestly I would like how you possibly do it. Just a monthly sub with rebel betting is about 50k. Not forgetting that one has to be online steady in this Nigeria that there is no electricity so off-grid is the only possible solutions which cost alot to set up. Honestly if you can device a way one could Arb with this amount you stated I wouldn't mind paying for the information, that's my big limitations with starting. Not forgetting how you avoid getting your booking account limited as that is a big problem with Arb especially starting with few amount. Awaiting your reply.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise Me by greatnaija01: 3:14pm On Feb 14, 2019
oh wow. Well, if you can get a group of friends and put the money for rebel betting arbs together u can sure start with less.
BUT if you visit ODDSPORTAL... u get sure arbs there for free sir. Kindly check to confirm the truth for yourself. I only mean 100k because in a week he can make 5-6 figures. The goal for him was to make it monthly...

brandable:

Arbtraging with 100k. Honestly I would like how you possibly do it. Just a monthly sub with rebel betting is about 50k. Not forgetting that one has to be online steady in this Nigeria that there is no electricity so off-grid is the only possible solutions which cost alot to set up. Honestly if you can device a way one could Arb with this amount you stated I wouldn't mind paying for the information, that's my big limitations with starting. Not forgetting how you avoid getting your booking account limited as that is a big problem with Arb especially starting with few amount. Awaiting your reply.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Advise Me by justwise(m): 3:41pm On Feb 14, 2019
Speedyconnect15:
@casperuk

How come you send 800k home monthly?

Are you taking care of your whole village?

I wonder the kind of job that gives you such an amount monthly despite staying illegally

Justwise is this possible?

800k even after bills? Yet still has some savings despite illegal status?

Londoner evilforest egunmogaji ifyalways

Yes its possible if you are on student visa and work full time during the holiday or after graduation because student visa holders are exempted from tax payment(to certain amount ), council tax or TV licence

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advise Me by Contumely: 4:08pm On Feb 14, 2019
mrphysics:

No Sir. You that have been to MMIA have you bought a plane?

Oga dey one side.
Men dey talk for here.
Re: Pls Advise Me by mrphysics(m): 4:34pm On Feb 14, 2019
Contumely:

Oga dey one side.
Men dey talk for here.
Lol, who are the men? You?
Re: Pls Advise Me by casperuk(m): 6:22pm On Feb 14, 2019
I don't pay rent (living with someone), that is how I am able to send 800k monthly.
I have 10 million saved up in cash.

RSVP:

Lol.. Bros why na.

@casperuk. Plz explain "I have about 10 million saved, and send home 800k monthly" .

U meant ur total savings home and abroad is amount 10m naira or you have extra 10m saved aside the 800k you normally send back home every month??
Re: Pls Advise Me by bettyLad(f): 6:45pm On Feb 14, 2019
my question is this ,@poster you mean you haven't seen your wife and kids for 5years now and you ain't even legal I'm your place of abode so no hope of bringing them to join you any time soon .. thank God you have saved up some reasonable amount of money , why not come down and start a business and as soon as you are fully settled and used to Nigeria hussling you can apply for immigration to Canada ,new Zealand or Australia . don't mind people discouraging you about Niger, there are people making it here big time despite the economic hardship ,its all depends on how hard working you are and committed towards achieving your goal ..dont wait until you get old and weak before you come back home ,I'm in a distance marriage and hubby visit every three to four months and I'm still complaining and lamenting , trust me its not easy at all raising the kids alone , we are hoping that our Canada immigration work out so the family can stay together ...you that haven't been around for the last 5years, your wife deserves some accolades I swear

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advise Me by Beautyaddy: 6:48pm On Feb 14, 2019
casperuk:
I don't pay rent (living with someone), that is how I am able to send 800k monthly.

Huh

Are you for real?

So some people can allow a full grown adult to be living on them free all these years and not pay rent?...especially living abroad?

Lucky you if that's the case...hmmm. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advise Me by casperuk(m): 7:15pm On Feb 14, 2019
Thanks for posting. We have been together 6 yrs before I travelled, but I miss my kids more 'I am returning for them'. Life is a sacrifice. Anything worth it, one must make a sacrifice for it, it is not easy.

she gets all she wants and needs. Na them dey enjoy pass me lol. grin

bettyLad:
my question is this ,@poster you mean you haven't seen your wife and kids for 5years now and you ain't even legal I'm your place of abode so no hope of bringing them to join you any time soon .. thank God you have saved up some reasonable amount of money , why not come down and start a business and as soon as you are fully settled and used to Nigeria hussling you can apply for immigration to Canada ,new Zealand or Australia . don't mind people discouraging you about Niger, there are people making it here big time despite the economic hardship ,its all depends on how hard working you are and committed towards achieving your goal ..dont wait until you get old and weak before you come back home ,I'm in a distance marriage and hubby visit every three to four months and I'm still complaining and lamenting , trust me its not easy at all raising the kids alone , we are hoping that our Canada immigration work out so the family can stay together ...you that haven't been around for the last 5years, your wife deserves some accolades I swear
Re: Pls Advise Me by casperuk(m): 7:23pm On Feb 14, 2019
Yea I am graced to have someone. Knowing someone is key to survival abroad.
Well for those living in a place like London, finding someone to accommodate you will very difficult as rent is expensive and space is limited. In places like Liverpool, Manchester (# North of UK) you can rent a 3 bedroom for £500 (# i mean £500 for Liverpool rent exclusively).

Beautyaddy:

Huh

Are you for real?

So some people can allow a full grown adult to be living on them free all these years and not pay rent?...especially living abroad?

Lucky you if that's the case...hmmm. undecided
Re: Pls Advise Me by Prettiepearlz(f): 8:49pm On Feb 14, 2019
casperuk:
I don't believe getting a visa to the United States, Europe, or Asia would be a problem. The UK Home Office only share their visa database with the Irish embassy. The shenanigan visa system is different. Names are only flagged up when there is a criminal record on the europol database which they share to track terrorists and criminals not visa over-stayers. Well nevertheless, I fell out of status not longer than one month a ago, I have been legal all these time. My wife is currently doing her Masters in Law in Nigeria. Getting a Non immigrant visa maybe a huddle for the uk and Ireland, but not for other countries. Voluntary return is not deportation or administrative removal. There are also other countries that have a point based immigration system, I believe I will also be able to qualify if I meet their point. Such systems are fairer than other immigration systems that grant too much power to the discretion of the ECO, where If they don't like your face they can say no.

I will be ban for 2 - 5 years for a UK visa, but that's it. I can return for a PHD if I so opt after the ban on a student visa as it is a based point system. If you meet the point they will be issued the visa.

If you or your wife has relevant work experience. You can migrate via the Canadian Express entry even good that she studied law which is a professional degree and she is currently running her masters. Why not give it a trial?
Re: Pls Advise Me by justwise(m): 8:53pm On Feb 14, 2019
casperuk:
Thanks for posting. We have been together 6 yrs before I travelled, but I miss my kids more 'I am returning for them'. Life is a sacrifice. Anything worth it, one must make a sacrifice for it, it is not easy.

Hmmm..5yrs without seeing your kids or wife? Bro you get mind oo

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advise Me by BarristerAlarig: 9:18pm On Feb 14, 2019
justwise:

Actually that is not true the UK shares data with US, Canada, Australia and schengen countries.

You did not do your research well because overstaying your visa for 30days is not a crime. From the day your visa expires you have 30days to either reapply or leave the UK.

Thank you sir. I just didn't want to argue with OP.
Re: Pls Advise Me by RSVP: 11:28pm On Feb 14, 2019
casperuk:

Now let's narrow d advice based on d 10m savings u are coming home with..I don't know why you want to come back home but you have to be very direct and stingy with that ur 10 milly d moment you step ur feet into naija.(I'm not saying you shouldn't help anyone but be very careful bro) People would start bringing loads problem for you to solve the moment they know their of beloved brother is back from abroad and dem no go know say some home base sef better pass u.. sorry but that's the truth bro.

You can start applying for jobs here before ur return or better still arrange ursef with a good land to start birds/Fish farming business. To start with.
Or you can rub mind with ur wife to know if she has a good business plan you both can venture into with 2m/3m. That is if you have a good wife tho.... Just open up to her that you only worth 7m and keep d remaining 3m for back up... Incase things go south. .. then you can plan ur next move.

I don't know whom or for what purpose u are sending 800k to monthly but that's actually someone's annual salary here in naija o. So that's just to let you know your 10m can switch life to good or bad.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Advise Me by bettyLad(f): 12:26am On Feb 15, 2019
casperuk:

Good choice, im glad you considered in your kids here, somtimes money is not enough ,they need their father and im sure your kinds are now teenagers which is a difficult stage to handle in raising children and also bedroom activities is needed for madam as well. dont you think she has endured long enough , its a good thing you saved up a reasonable amount and also has plans for a brighter future ,with good business investment , things will b fine ..i wish you all the best

Re: Pls Advise Me by Speedyconnect15: 7:13am On Feb 15, 2019
justwise:

Yes its possible if you are on student visa and work full time during the holiday or after graduation because student visa holders are exempted from tax payment(certain amount), council tax or TV licence

shocked cool
Hmmm!
Ok thanks.
Re: Pls Advise Me by Contumely: 7:28am On Feb 15, 2019
justwise:

Hmmm..5yrs without seeing your kids or wife? Bro you get mind oo
I like the dude.
He sounds so informed.

He gives them 800k monthly. Like he gives all his earnings.

That's huge sacrifice. I wonder why you have to be doing that given that you aren't aristo, an athlete or artiste.

And it's as if no investment was factored in the 800k. If yes, then I am afraid, you acted badly.

Doesn't she earn at all?

How could they be spending 800k monthly while you toil in the cold. That's extravagance and profligacy.

Some salary earners in naija dont earn upto 800k in 2 years.

I hope the wife has good sense and hasn't squandered all on frivolities, personal properties in her name or even men sef. She may feel you pick the cash on the streets.

Fear women!

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advise Me by mrphysics(m): 7:57am On Feb 15, 2019
Contumely:

I like the dude.
He sounds so informed.

That's huge sacrifice. I wonder why you have to be doing that given that you aren't aristo, an athlete or artiste.

And it's as if no investment was factored in the 800k. If yes, then I am afraid, you acted badly.

Doesn't she earn at all?

How could they be spending 800k monthly while you toil in the cold. That's extravagance and profligacy.

I hope the wife has good sense and hasn't squandered all on frivolities, personal properties in her name or even men sef. She may feel you pick the cash on the streets.

Fear women!
I don't know who you think you are talking to, a jobless person or what. I have gone through the thread again and you are yet to make any meaningful contribution to what the Op posted. Here you are attacking everyone yet you think you are better than any body here. To even think that some people have no right to make a comment here says alot about you. I don't want to indulge you in any argument as there is no need for it, I only know that you need urgent help.

The op has been sending 800k every month. When he comes back to the country, he must maintain the status of someone sending 800k. He saved 10m in 5 months, this is low for someone who stays outside and who sends 800k every month. 800k * 12 = 9.6m. This means that he sent almost his entire savings home in a year.

You should be telling the op what to do and how to invest his money. Stop attacking me, I am not the cause of your frustration. How you knew I haven't been to MMIA is what I don't know. When a fool refers to you as a fool, it's a compliment.

Bros go get a life.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advise Me by casperuk(m): 10:17am On Feb 15, 2019
I send 800k monthly as savings on top the 10 million in a mutual fund. I give my wife 100k monthly for food etc. She is a good woman tho.
My fear is that in returning home, I may never find the opportunity to earn as much as I am currently earning. Whichever way you look at it, it is either sacrificing the time with my children to make money, or to go home and be with them. I cannot have both. Moreover I am home sick. lol

Contumely:

I like the dude.
He sounds so informed.

Doesn't she earn at all?

Fear women!
Re: Pls Advise Me by Contumely: 11:19am On Feb 15, 2019
mrphysics:

I don't know who you think you are talking to, a jobless person or what. I have gone through the thread again and you are yet to make any meaningful contribution to what the Op posted. Here you are attacking everyone yet you think you are better than any body here. To even think that some people have no right to make a comment here says alot about you. I don't want to indulge you in any argument as there is no need for it, I only know that you need urgent help.

The op has been sending 800k every month. When he comes back to the country, he must maintain the status of someone sending 800k. He saved 10m in 5 months, this is low for someone who stays outside and who sends 800k every month. 800k * 12 = 9.6m. This means that he sent almost his entire savings home in a year.

You should be telling the op what to do and how to invest his money. Stop attacking me, I am not the cause of your frustration. How you knew I haven't been to MMIA is what I don't know. When a fool refers to you as a fool, it's a compliment.

Bros go get a life.

This must have struck a cord in your amygdala.

Listen when men are discussing.
Don't jump to type tripe. You were dishing out bunkum advice with sn air of finality. That was unreasonably cocky.

Yes, you haven't been to MMIA. Take that to the bank.

Stay and learn. Men are discussing.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise Me by stagger: 3:13pm On Feb 15, 2019
Davash222:
Whatever decision you’re taking, please erase coming back to Nigeria from your mind. That 10,000,000 na change for here . Buhari don scatter everything for here.

Do you yourself have N10m? Stop misadvising the OP.

OP, your N10m can do wonders, but do not use it all if you are not a seasoned businessman. Someone has advised you. A business in which I have a 15% stake which currently yields a minimum of N3m a month was started with less than N500,000 a decade ago. Never underestimate the power of small beginnings.
Re: Pls Advise Me by stagger: 3:15pm On Feb 15, 2019
mrphysics:

Bros go get a life.

The bolded shows you have never travelled or lived outside of Nigeria. You talk like a child.
Re: Pls Advise Me by Grupo(m): 4:44pm On Feb 15, 2019
casperuk:
Thanks for your contribution. I am more of the opinion to return some time in the year. I have seen everything here and have travelled to almost all cities in the UK, honestly there is no big deal here. People die in the UK everyday as well as in Nigeria. Life is the same everywhere, to me it's just a matter of perspective. If Buhari is kicked back next week to Kastina, I will have more hope to return *lol*. Anyway I am a Python programmer and Web Developer.

If you are truly a python programmer, then you should come back home. You will not find it hard to get a job in Lagos. Also, you can work remotely here for foreign companies and make dollars and pounds while in naija. Win win for you.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise Me by Contumely: 4:48pm On Feb 15, 2019
stagger:

The bolded shows you have never travelled or lived outside of Nigeria. You talk like a child.

Same thing I was telling him.

Contumely:

This must have struck a cord in your amygdala.

Listen when men are discussing.
Don't jump to type tripe. You were dishing out bunkum advice with sn air of finality. That was unreasonably cocky.

Yes, you haven't been to MMIA. Take that to the bank.

Stay and learn. Men are discussing.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

So Scary: Can You Imagine Driving On This Bridge? (photos) / Travel To Seychelles / Airbus Or Boeing Aircrafts, Which Is Better And Safer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.