|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,524,974 members, 5,778,502 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 August 2020 at 04:13 AM
|Why Mobile Apps Are Better Than Mobile Websites by premjithbpk: 11:43am On Feb 13, 2019|
Humans are characterized to adapt to changes immediately. Generations have witnessed the transformation of technology and its evolution. Presently the world is going through a paradigm shift from the big screens to the tiny but comfortable screens of smartphones. According to the recent researches, mobile usage will hit 4 billion by 2020.
Recent findings come up with the fact that 90% of the users time is spent on mobile apps and only the remaining 10% is spent on browsing the internet. This gives us the inference that mobile screens have outrun the desktops long ago and now mobile apps are gaining momentum over the mobile websites.
If the mob is choosing mobile apps, then there must be something compelling enough in it when compared to mobile websites. Dive in deeper to get a glimpse of the benefits of mobile apps over mobile websites.
Just think about your personal preferences. Mobile applications have mastered the art of providing the best user experiences. The massive 197 billion app downloads second this fact. A mobile website cannot beat the versatile and personalized experiences which comes with an app. Users love the apps which interact with them on a more personal level.
Apps like Lose it!, Uber eats, and Airbnb has taken the user experience to a level people have never dreamt of. Mobile app development is something businesses take very seriously. They make sure that the users get a feeling of being cared and talked to feel personally so special. Emotional marketing works well these days as true emotions are rare.
Let’s take a familiar example. E-commerce platforms. Statistics from Criteo says that completing a purchase through an app is more likely to happen than through a website. The reason detected is that during the checkout websites ask for user details, while mobile apps save user details once entered. When users are provided with an uninterrupted path for purchase, they travel further down the sales funnel and eventually click the “Buy Now” button. Mobile App Development companies will make it their priority to ensure this process a cake walk. No wonder the conversions go up.
Apps even provide offline access, unlike mobile websites. They save the data once saved online and make use of it when offline. Some banking apps, games, dictionary and news apps work both offline and online giving an all time and instant access to the users. But still to provide more critical functions like payments and transactions internet is mandatory for applications as well.
In-App notifications will keep your brand name active in the minds of users. A mobile application is an immense opportunity to create a brand image. Another feature is pushing notification. It gives info about the updates, and even promotions are possible. Regular updates can be sent to the user through various app stores. Notifications keep your app alive. In-App notifications pop up only when the app is summoned while push notifications can be sent at any time to the users.
Still not sure how to develop a mobile application? Don’t worry! The Internet is streaming with millions of app ideas and technologies. Surf and come up with an idea which suits your business the best.
A mobile application is a promise to change your business forever if utilized wisely. Never procrastinate to adapt to technologies as this might push you some decades back in time. A user having your app in his smartphone is a promising prospect. You have to delight him through apt content and experience. The app is the now and the near future. Go for it.
|Re: Why Mobile Apps Are Better Than Mobile Websites by Derrils: 1:46pm On Feb 22, 2019|
This obviously depends on the business you are in but generally, I don't think that we are at the stage yet that we can choose between a mobile website and app. A mobile website and an app should complete each other.
I wrote a blog about what you should think about before you build a mobile app a while back. In the post, I list the functionalities that an app dope but a mobile website can't.
|Re: Why Mobile Apps Are Better Than Mobile Websites by Fastlinkpro: 3:13pm On Feb 22, 2019|
All business ,company, organisation depends on desktop and laptop computer. mobile app cannot server business purpose then desktop.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76