Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,759 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. - Technology Market (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. (33149 Views)

Which Generator Can Power A Deep Freezer And 1.5HP AC / Double Door Freezer And Icemaker / Haier Thermocool BD-198 Deep Freezer And Samsung 40" LED TV For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by suco01(m): 1:14pm On May 13, 2020
cardozo2020:
Thank you, later got an haier thermoccol for 103, 000. Its been working just fine

Enjoy the beast

1 Like

Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by seanjy4konji: 4:42pm On Jun 01, 2020
Those hisense fridge are not so good. That's the truth..

I bought a small friedge with a compartment inside for freezer..only the items you out in the freezer gets cold and and once they take the electricity..give it 2 hours max and all the blocked items turn to water immediately..

You have to leave items Luke Pepsi over night to turn to block
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by sacramento1212: 6:02pm On Jun 01, 2020
seanjy4konji:
Those hisense fridge are not so good. That's the truth..

I bought a small friedge with a compartment inside for freezer..only the items you out in the freezer gets cold and and once they take the electricity..give it 2 hours max and all the blocked items turn to water immediately..

You have to leave items Luke Pepsi over night to turn to block

You either buy LG or Thermocool for Refrigerators.
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by seanjy4konji: 8:20pm On Jun 01, 2020
sacramento1212:

You either buy LG or Thermocool for Refrigerators.
I swear to God..I regret the small fridge because the difference to the Lg was small or haier thermocool and just wantednto test the product.the mostbinsultive part is I put it in my room for easy access to cold alchohol and water without standing up but now no usefuly for its purpose except the electric is Fully stable which can never be
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by pol23: 11:30pm On Jun 09, 2020
Sorry for the late reply.
I will advice you to try and return the freezer...
But if you can't return it...
Try get a stabilizer...
It freezes in around 12 hours,depending on the volume of what's inside... mine's mostly semi full...
The sad and the most annoying part is that it defrost too quickly..let's say 18 hours...
When there's no light,I power it with Gen for minimum of 4 hours per day to keep it frozen.

Let me know what you intend to do now.

cardozo2020:

Hi bro. Please i need your help!! I just got this same model of your freezer 4 days ago. Though its working but i feel its not up to my expectation because it defrost easily and i have called the lg showroom, they told me to use it for some days more and get back to them. Please i would like to know how long you can store your food in the freezer if there's no light
Thanks
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by Gptech(m): 12:29pm On Jun 10, 2020
pol23:

Sorry guys.
My bad...
Absolutely Human mentality,we run and run to get information for help and we forget to give feedback or even say Thank you.
I'M VERY SORRY.

Returned the freezer to the shop and the guy said He don't have money,He ordered for another one for me,Which I pick up the second day...
That as well won't freeze,it's the same thing.
So I called LG and they sent their technical guys,They confirm the freezer is working just fine.
But,I have no Ice yet.
So,I assumed I bought a deep fridge instead of a deep freezer...
Day after days... my deep fridge started changing to freezer...
Currently... it's works just fine,But still won't recommend the brand or this particular product because it takes approximately 2 weeks to reach the optimum performance.
Below is the current picture of the freezer
Saw this late. I am surprised nobody talked about space needed for the freezer to work well. From the pics you uploaded, the freezer is too close to the wall. You need to leave a distance of at least 15cm between the freezer and the wall for it to work well. You'll be surprised how doing this affects efficiency greatly.

3 Likes

Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by Barywhyte(m): 3:30pm On Oct 17, 2020
cardozo2020:
Thank you, later got an haier thermoccol for 103, 000. Its been working just fine

This is the exact brand of Haier Thermocool I bought on 24th of Last month for N106,000 at their warehouse at Illupeju in Lagos. Honestly I regrets buying this product. I started using it after 24hours to allow the gas to settle. On 12th of this month (less than 3 weeks), it suddenly started defrosting. By the third day, everything has turned to water and it never froze or even cool since then till now. I called their service agent. Promised to send engineers in 48 hours but they refused to show up to day.

I am planning of returning it on Monday, next week and get my money back. N106,000 no be beans
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by dasugar(f): 1:26pm On Oct 20, 2020
I ve been reading reviews of different types of brands and their work I want to know about midea brand someone recommended it for me I will like to know anyone that knows about the product before I make a purchase.
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by Kongrats: 7:28pm On Nov 09, 2020
Please how is it with your freezer? I plan to buy 2 tomorrow and someone is advising I go for Nexus that Thermocool is wash now

Barywhyte:

This is the exact brand of Haier Thermocool I bought on 24th of Last month for N106,000 at their warehouse at Illupeju in Lagos. Honestly I regrets buying this product. I started using it after 24hours to allow the gas to settle. On 12th of this month (less than 3 weeks), it suddenly started defrosting. By the third day, everything has turned to water and it never froze or even cool since then till now. I called their service agent. Promised to send engineers in 48 hours but they refused to show up to day.

I am planning of returning it on Monday, next week and get my money back. N106,000 no be beans
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by Barywhyte(m): 8:10pm On Nov 09, 2020
Kongrats:
Please how is it with your freezer? I plan to buy 2 tomorrow and someone is advising I go for Nexus that Thermocool is wash now

Maybe it is. I haven't enjoyed it since. They came to carry it somedays ago. Either they fix it or replace it with a new one. I'm expecting their message or new device this week.

I will advise you try another product.
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by Kongrats: 8:51am On Nov 15, 2020
Thanks bro. I'll just buy Nexus tomorrow

Barywhyte:

Maybe it is. I haven't enjoyed it since. They came to carry it somedays ago. Either they fix it or replace it with a new one. I'm expecting their message or new device this week.

I will advise you try another product.
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by Barywhyte(m): 1:28pm On Nov 15, 2020
Kongrats:
Thanks bro. I'll just buy Nexus tomorrow

Yes I strongly advise that you stay away from haier thermocool. Even after their engineers took away the deep freezer and repairing it, the situation of the freezer only got worse. I regret buying their products. They have destroyed my business and wasted my money.
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by Greenback: 1:52pm On Nov 15, 2020
pol23:
I really don't know the appropriate section I should post this.
I bought a new Hisense freezer and I expected it to be froze free... instead I can see some little ice inside... other than that it seems the bottom of the freezer has no element to make it freeze.

The problem is this:
There hasn't been light for a while so I've been running the freezer with generator.

When I complained about the notice error.. the seller asked me to run the freezer for 15 hours straight first.
He also asked me to buy sterbilizer

I've not been chanced to run the freezer for that long because man must go to work..
And I don't have additional 18k to buy stabilizer..

My worries now is on my 80k freezer that defrost in 2 hours..

Am I just being worried or there's actually something to be worry about?
Thank you all.
Guy buy the stabiliser
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by Kongrats: 1:12am On Nov 17, 2020
I was about buying 3 thermocool freezers today when I remembered our chats. I just paid for one 319L thermocool (225k but got 10% Black Friday discount) and got two Nexus freezers 320L for 155k each. I have not carried them though but I'll surely update on the performances especially if someone reminds me by quoting me.

Barywhyte:

Yes I strongly advise that you stay away from haier thermocool. Even after their engineers took away the deep freezer and repairing it, the situation of the freezer only got worse. I regret buying their products. They have destroyed my business and wasted my money.
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by Barywhyte(m): 9:48am On Nov 17, 2020
Kongrats:
I was about buying 3 thermocool freezers today when I remembered our chats. I just paid for one 319L thermocool (225k but got 10% Black Friday discount) and got two Nexus freezers 320L for 155k each. I have not carried them though but I'll surely update on the performances especially if someone reminds me by quoting me.

Good luck bro

1 Like

Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by paulavon: 3:24am On Nov 29, 2020
Please update us, I am really interested in the performance of the Nexus as compared to Haier Thermocool.

Kongrats:

Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by Kongrats: 5:16pm On Dec 04, 2020
My siblings say it has the same cooling rate as the thermocool. However, they have only tested it and not used it.
paulavon:
Please update us, I am really interested in the performance of the Nexus as compared to Haier Thermocool.

Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by Kongrats: 3:43pm On Dec 10, 2020
What I've learnt in the past month of buying electronic gadgets in Nigeria:

Nexus freezer is good but in comparison I'll rather pay 500k for a Thermocool than pay 100k for the same size of Nexus. They're not mates in any way anytime any day.

Hisense TV has a very long way to go. My brother is in Fouani right now begging them to take extra thousands of naira to exchange it with an LG.

Never buy electronic gadgets on Jumia. What I bought there spoilt in the space of 1 week.

I hope this helps someone in the future.

paulavon:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by navite: 7:14pm On Dec 11, 2020
I was in the same boat with you. I bought a Hisense freezer a week ago but noticed that it wouldn't freeze at the bottom and whenever there was power outage, it would defrost in an hour maximum.

I had to call the man who sold it for me and after checking it, he said it was as a result of gas shortage. I challenged him that it wasn't possible for a new freezer not to have adequate gas in it and in his defence, he said he had seen some new ones that didn't have gas at all. Saying he had been in the business for 23 years plus blah blah blah.

I just returned the freezer and told him to order Haier Thermocool for me after adding some money. I'm now enjoying my freezer. Just 3 hours of electricity and it will remain cold for at least a whole day without frequent opening.

Well I'm not saying Hisense isn't good. What I experienced might just be a product defect from their factory but nothing will ever make me try their products again.
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by navite: 8:53pm On Dec 21, 2020
It looks like 200 litres.
sicily4u:

How many litres is the haier thermocol ?
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by Superboss: 12:00am On Dec 22, 2020
mahkanjuh:

Sorry about your experience bro, but let me tell you, even if you had bought Thermocool, the glory of a freezer is constant light
I am using this same hisense freezer as yours, I bought it around June or July last year, it's been one of the best decisions I took. Sometimes, I will have to switch it off for almost 2days to be able to remove somethings...........
Meanwhile, I am using it with my Qasa stabilizer I bought since my single days, you don't need a big stabilizer, 1000watt will do biko if that's what you can afford
But, and never ever ever compare the power from Gen with Electricity
Watch it, put on Gen for 5hours and let there be PHCN light for 5 hours and check which one will freeze past. Infact using Gen for 6hours is like 2 or 3hours of PHCN light for freezer

One more thing, hisense freezer freezes from up downward, that's the pattern, I patiently studied it, if you also want to test it, there is a fast freeze by the side of the freezer where the light indicator dey, put it at maximum and test....
It freezes from up downward and the base of the freezes past and when it freezes, it remains gidigba

Pls, how good is Hisense freezer and can you recommend it for a friend?
Again, how many days or hours do u think it takes for frozen items to defrost?
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by aysnoopy(m): 8:16am On Jan 23, 2021
Please I need someone to advise me.
I'm planning to get a new freezer either thermocool or LG.
I wish to get thermocool but the price is way to high for my budget so I consider LG
250L
Please how good is LG freezer?
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by navite: 4:32pm On Jan 24, 2021
Well I've never used LG refrigerator or freezer before but I noticed the one my sister has hardly cools anymore. I also heard LG freezers usually have compressor problems as time goes. Thermocool 259 litres sells for 145k. It's even better you get a Thermocool freezer of 200 litres for 125k than getting an LG product of 250 litres at a cheaper amount. I say this because your peace of mind is very important. Thermocool products hardly have issues and are durable.
aysnoopy:
Please I need someone to advise me.
I'm planning to get a new freezer either thermocool or LG.
I wish to get thermocool but the price is way to high for my budget so I consider LG
250L
Please how good is LG freezer?
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by aysnoopy(m): 5:37pm On Jan 24, 2021
navite:
Well I've never used LG refrigerator or freezer before but I noticed the one my sister has hardly cools anymore. I also heard LG freezers usually have compressor problems as time goes. Thermocool 259 litres sells for 145k. It's even better you get a Thermocool freezer of 200 litres for 125k than getting an LG product of 250 litres at a cheaper amount. I say this because your peace of mind is very important. Thermocool products hardly have issues and are durable.

Please where do you base. Thermocool of 219litres is sold for 170k here
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by navite: 8:11pm On Jan 25, 2021
shocked shocked That's quite expensive. I live in Offa in Kwara State. Sorry, 259litres was 165k as at last month when I priced it, not 145k. It is 219litres that sells for 145k. Presently I use 200litres which I bought for 125k that same last month.
aysnoopy:

Please where do you base. Thermocool of 219litres is sold for 170k here
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by aysnoopy(m): 10:29pm On Jan 25, 2021
navite:
shocked shocked That's quite expensive. I live in Offa in Kwara State. Sorry, 259litres was 165k as at last month when I priced it, not 145k. It is 219litres that sells for 145k. Presently I use 200litres which I bought for 125k that same last month.

Oh.. it's too expensive here o
I wanted to buy that 200liters initially but there price is 153k and it makes me step back a little .
Do you buy yours at thermocool showroom or just ordinary shop?
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by Abeyjide: 11:10pm On Jan 25, 2021
navite:

I Just paid for thermocool double door fridge 300liters for 215k today. I don't know if the price is on higher side?
Honestly thermocool is the best based on my experienced .I have bed size and single door I bought since 2010 and both still working perfectly .ave never refilled the gas.
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by Sicilyjoe: 6:23am On Jan 26, 2021
Abeyjide:

I Just paid for thermocool double door fridge 300liters for 215k today. I don't know if the price is on higher side?
Honestly thermocool is the best based on my experienced .I have bed size and single door I bought since 2010 and both still working perfectly .ave never refilled the gas.

Make u sell one for me or dash me
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by navite: 2:19pm On Jan 27, 2021
I got it at Thermocool showroom. 153k for a 200litre freezer is really on the high side.
aysnoopy:

Oh.. it's too expensive here o
I wanted to buy that 200liters initially but there price is 153k and it makes me step back a little .
Do you buy yours at thermocool showroom or just ordinary shop?
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by aysnoopy(m): 2:32pm On Jan 27, 2021
navite:
I got it at Thermocool showroom. 153k for a 200litre freezer is really on the high side.

They accept 140k as at today. I've paid dem sha. But I believe dere price is too high
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by Sicilyjoe: 3:28pm On Jan 27, 2021
Any affordable fridge or freezer for sell ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Young Scientists Constructed An Helicopter In Oyo / WE BUYING AND SELLING|| PAYPAL || SKRILL || BITCOIN || PAYONEER || NETELLER / Cheapest Data Plans (1gb @ N250) MTN,9MOBILE,AIRTEL,GLO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.