Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,455 members, 7,812,395 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. - Technology Market (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. (33277 Views)

Which Generator Can Power A Deep Freezer And 1.5HP AC / Double Door Freezer And Icemaker / Haier Thermocool BD-198 Deep Freezer And Samsung 40" LED TV For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by aysnoopy(m): 12:15am On Jan 29, 2021
navite:
I got it at Thermocool showroom. 153k for a 200litre freezer is really on the high side.

This nite, I tested my new freezer for the first time. 4 hrs now but things I put there is yet to freeze. Is it normal?
How many hours should I test run it?
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by navite: 9:21pm On Feb 03, 2021
Haa bros 4 hours isn't sufficient for your items to be frozen although items should start getting cold at this point. It takes nothing less than 12 hours to have frozen items.

Hope you didn't put it on immediately you bought it because you're supposed to allow the gas to settle for at least 4 hours. Run it for at least 12 hours and see it's performance. Meanwhile turn the Thermostat to the highest which is 7.

Meanwhile congratulations. Did you later settle for the Haier Thermocool or what brand did you buy?
aysnoopy:

This nite, I tested my new freezer for the first time. 4 hrs now but things I put there is yet to freeze. Is it normal?
How many hours should I test run it?

1 Like

Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by navite: 9:25pm On Feb 03, 2021
Congratulations boss. I'm sure the high price is due to the high exchange rate and the poor state of the economy. It's good you got it now while you could. Enjoy the beast!!!
aysnoopy:

They accept 140k as at today. I've paid dem sha. But I believe dere price is too high
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by aysnoopy(m): 9:40pm On Feb 04, 2021
navite:
Haa bros 4 hours isn't sufficient for your items to be frozen although items should start getting cold at this point. It takes nothing less than 12 hours to have frozen items.

Hope you didn't put it on immediately you bought it because you're supposed to allow the gas to settle for at least 4 hours. Run it for at least 12 hours and see it's performance. Meanwhile turn the Thermostat to the highest which is 7.

Meanwhile congratulations. Did you later settle for the Haier Thermocool or what brand did you buy?

Thanks a lot. I got thermocool 200litres. And I left it for 24hrs b4 I put it on for d first time
I later run it for like 12hrs and everything got frozen. D thermostats is on highest which is 7
Thanks a lot

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by georgependor(m): 4:30am On Feb 05, 2021
Please what is your take on the thermocool inverter freezer
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by navite: 10:28pm On Feb 05, 2021
You're welcome bro. You made the best choice settling for Thermocool. Meanwhile you can get an external fan for the compressor because it gets hot while working which is normal. The fan cools it down. It's just about N1,500 or 2k max. Just get a technician to do that for you. Highest you give am N500 for workmanship. The fan is not necessary though but I'll recommend it. If you won't get the fan for it then make sure the freezer is in a well ventilated area. Thermocool 200, 219 and 259 litres don't have fans in them except 319litres and above. I think that's the only shortcoming of the product. Enjoy the beast!!!
aysnoopy:

Thanks a lot. I got thermocool 200litres. And I left it for 24hrs b4 I put it on for d first time
I later run it for like 12hrs and everything got frozen. D thermostats is on highest which is 7
Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by aysnoopy(m): 8:12am On Feb 06, 2021
navite:
You're welcome bro. You made the best choice settling for Thermocool. Meanwhile you can get an external fan for the compressor because it gets hot while working which is normal. The fan cools it down. It's just about N1,500 or 2k max. Just get a technician to do that for you. Highest you give am N500 for workmanship. The fan is not necessary though but I'll recommend it. If you won't get the fan for it then make sure the freezer is in a well ventilated area. Thermocool 200, 219 and 259 litres don't have fans in them except 319litres and above. I think that's the only shortcoming of the product. Enjoy the beast!!!

Thanks a lot.
Are they going to fix d fan inside the freezer or its just ordinary fan I can plug to d socket?
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by navite: 11:27am On Feb 07, 2021
It's just a small fan that will be fixed near the compressor located by the side of the freezer. The compressor looks like a small tank and it's black in colour. That's the area where the technician will fix it. The fan will work with the freezer, that is, it will go off whenever the freezer is switched off and comes on whenever it is on.
aysnoopy:

Thanks a lot.
Are they going to fix d fan inside the freezer or its just ordinary fan I can plug to d socket?

1 Like

Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by aysnoopy(m): 2:29pm On Feb 07, 2021
navite:
It's just a small fan that will be fixed near the compressor located at the space behind the Thermostat. The compressor looks like a small tank and it's black in colour. That's where the technician will fix it. The fan will work with the freezer, that is, it will go off whenever the freezer is switched off and comes on whenever it is on.

Okay... I'll ask technician about it. I really appreciate boss
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by nonut: 7:05pm On Feb 07, 2021
navite:
You don't need an external fan if the place is ventilated enough.
I've been using mine for close to 8yrs now and there's no fan attached to it.
Don't confuse the young man.

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by navite: 10:27pm On Feb 07, 2021
Sir that's why I said if he doesn't wish to get a fan for it, then he should ensure that the freezer is used in a well ventilated area. It's there in my comment.
nonut:

You don't need an external fan if the place is ventilated enough.
I've been using mine for close to 8yrs now and there's no fan attached to it.
Don't confuse the young man.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by nonut: 11:28pm On Feb 07, 2021
navite:
Sir that's why I said if he doesn't wish to get a fan for it, then he should ensure that the freezer is used in a well ventilated area. It's there in my comment.
My apologies then.
So long.

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by navite: 9:40am On Feb 08, 2021
No offence taken Sir. Do have a nice day!!!
nonut:

My apologies then.
So long.
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by Crazeworld(m): 10:24am On May 04, 2021
navite:
Hello boss, in your opinion, Haier Thermocool is the best brand. What model of deep freezer can I get for less than 100k?
Thanks.

Cc: nonut

Cc: Aysnoopy how has been your experience so far with the product?
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by aysnoopy(m): 7:46pm On May 04, 2021
Crazeworld:
Hello boss, in your opinion, Haier Thermocool is the best brand. What model of deep freezer can I get for less than 100k?
Thanks.

Cc: nonut

Cc: Aysnoopy how has been your experience so far with the product?

The product is very okay. Doesn't get hot and it work effectively.
I think u can get the 100litre of thermocool for less than 100k because things are costly this days
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by Crazeworld(m): 8:31pm On May 04, 2021
aysnoopy:

The product is very okay. Doesn't get hot and it work effectively.
I think u can get the 100litre of thermocool for less than 100k because things are costly this days
Thanks
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by CaptainFM1: 7:56pm On Jul 25, 2021
cardozo2020:
Thank you, later got an haier thermoccol for 103, 000. Its been working just fine

When you leave too much empty stowage space, freezer will not freeze fast, and will also defrost very fast. Even if you don't have anything to fill up the space, fill bowls with water and put them inside. Freezer works best when the space are locked up.

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by Nememmaobi: 1:54pm On Aug 18, 2021
Please is this fridge okay to buy ? It's U.K used

Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by nonny1212: 6:02pm On Aug 18, 2021
Nememmaobi:
Please is this fridge okay to buy ? It's U.K used
To avoid stories that touches, Anything Fridge, Ac, TV, I strongly advise you buy NEW. E get why

4 Likes

Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by simiamos: 12:37am On Dec 04, 2021
mannycrown:
pol23, calm down esp with your 'agbero mode' (lol). Look before you leap so you dont make yourself a laughing stock where you bought the said freezer.
I mean run the freezer for straight 10 to 15hours with the recommended voltage and see if it will meet your expectation or not before you blame Hisense or the seller.
From my first Hisense deep freezer experience in 2014, I re emphasize that you both buy a stabilizer for the right phcn voltage and run the freezer for those length of hours with a generator to supplement power failure.
I had this same experience but managed to endure for a year till rent expired (mind you, i used gen 3 hours per day to run the freezer).
But when i moved to an area with more phcn power supply (18 - 20hours per day), OP thesame freezer had to be switched off for long hours before a frozen content can be removed.
Let me add that i have never repaired this freezer since then till date. Hisense rocks bro.
Finally if you cannot move to areas with more power supply, invest in a gen set and run it for long hours (say 6hours per day for a week) to confirm the power and durability of your hisense freezer before you complain. OP, remember that i am speaking from my Hisense experience. I can upload pics of my Hisense freezer as proof at your request. Cheers
I've run mine for about 9 hours now. The bottom part is yet to get iced. Please help should I return it

Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by LaBebe: 8:16pm On Jun 27, 2022
suco01:

Try the 10hrs+ idea and i hope its turns out positve but i still maintain it that the freezer he sold to you is a faulty one. 5hrs for my chest freezer will serve me for 3 to 4 days with contineous opening and closing.

Which freezer is this ?
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by LaBebe: 8:25pm On Jun 27, 2022
pol23:

My gen is quite powerful.
3.8 horse power...
I use it for pumping manchine,oven ,water heater and almost every electrical devices here.

How long have you used your Gen ?

Do you also use it for AC ?

What type is coil is it ?
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by calamus(m): 3:47pm On Oct 22, 2022
nonny1212:
To avoid stories that touches, Anything Fridge, Ac, TV, I strongly advise you buy NEW. E get why

Although this is irrelevant as it is in the past, you suppose tell us why.
I've used a similar one for almost 2 years now without even refilling or any servicing, and there has not been any malfunction.
There is a difference between UK used aka Belgium, and second hand, you know. cool
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by sllibalab(f): 8:50pm On Jan 23, 2023
I bought Hisense inverter double door freezer, it works well with Nepa but does not work with Generator. In my area, we barely have light

Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by Emdee590(m): 6:02am On Apr 12, 2023
How many hours to freezing
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by Emdee590(m): 6:02am On Apr 12, 2023
sllibalab:
I bought Hisense inverter double door freezer, it works well with Nepa but does not work with Generator. In my area, we barely have light

How many hours to freezing
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by Olaoptech(m): 1:12pm On Jun 02, 2023
I'm about getting married. Which Freezer will you advice me to buy? and How many Litres? I will also appreciate if anyone can give price range for their suggestion
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by RickyM: 1:39pm On Mar 22
Although I’ve heard a lot of opinion on both Hisense and that Thermocool is the best and all but I’ve also heard people complaining about their Thermocool which leaves me to be baffled on which product to go for.
I have in mind to get the Hisense FC91DD 702L freezer for ice block business…Can anyone advice me if it’s a good idea or not?
Please difference opinion will be well appreciated

Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by bigl: 6:57pm On Mar 22
Bro, whats the brand of that freezer?

Please return it and get your money or another one ....

And before u leave the store, run the replacement for 1 hour ... it should start freezing right away if not, abeg collect your money.......

pol23:
I really don't know the appropriate section I should post this.
I bought a new Hisense freezer and I expected it to be froze free... instead I can see some little ice inside... other than that it seems the bottom of the freezer has no element to make it freeze.

The problem is this:
There hasn't been light for a while so I've been running the freezer with generator.

When I complained about the notice error.. the seller asked me to run the freezer for 15 hours straight first.
He also asked me to buy sterbilizer

I've not been chanced to run the freezer for that long because man must go to work..
And I don't have additional 18k to buy stabilizer..

My worries now is on my 80k freezer that defrost in 2 hours..

Am I just being worried or there's actually something to be worry about?
Thank you all.
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by Joyless004: 3:19pm On Mar 24
Uja de really suffer. I made much research before I bought freezer last year n it paid off.

I settled for SKYRUN 200A.. one good thing about this freezer is that it cools from down to up unlike most freezers.l n it doesn't take more than 3hrs of steady light n it will start forming ice.
Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by noobody(m): 3:26pm On Mar 24
bigl:
Bro, whats the brand of that freezer?

Please return it and get your money or another one ....

And before u leave the store, run the replacement for 1 hour ... it should start freezing right away if not, abeg collect your money.......

Facts about new freezer,

When you test in the store,
And it is moved to your home.
Give it about 4-6 hours for gas to settle
before powering on
Also do not,k repeat do no load your freezer with anything for the first 24 hours of cooling,leave it powered on empty for 24 hours,then start loading stuff minimal till you fill up.
If you power on with a load,it won't work optimally.

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. by noobody(m): 3:28pm On Mar 24
Joyless004:
Uja de really suffer. I made much research before I bought freezer last year n it paid off.

I settled for SKYRUN 200A.. one good thing about this freezer is that it cools from down to up unlike most freezers.l n it doesn't take more than 3hrs of steady light n it will start forming ice.

Does yours have condenser coils at the back of its inbuilt?
One thing about electronics,once they break into the market,the first few sets sold works perfect,once they make a name,the quality starts going down.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Import Cheapest OCTA CORE & QUAD CORE Phones/Tablets and anything frm China etc / WE BUYING AND SELLING|| PAYPAL || SKRILL || BITCOIN || PAYONEER || NETELLER / Cheapest Data Plans (1gb @ N250) MTN,9MOBILE,AIRTEL,GLO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.