Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly (3245 Views)

Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? / SINGLES: The Solution To Your Body Pain Is Not Sex Says Nigerian Pastor / The Ugly Side Of Being An Extremely Beautiful Lady (true Life Experience) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by Derea(f): 11:09pm On Feb 14, 2019
What are the chances of a 30+ old woman finding a potential spouse in this country?

For single women 30 and above, what stigma do you face within your social circle, work place, family and community in general as a result of your single status? And, why aren't you married? Is this a personal choice?

For men in this category, why are you still single and how far would you go in meeting a potential mate? What are the pressures you face from family?

For both sexes, have the qualities you look out for in a potential changed overtime and to what degree does family influence your choice of a mate?

I'd also like us to share success stories of older people you know who later got married and right. We want to know there's light at the end of this dark tunnel.

Kindly invite friends to this page so that this topic can get the publicity it deserves.
Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by Raalsalghul: 12:12pm On Feb 17, 2019
Derea:
What are the chances of a 30+ old woman finding a potential spouse in this country?

For single women 30 and above, what stigma do you face within your social circle, work place, family and community in general as a result of your single status? And, why aren't you married? Is this a personal choice?

For men in this category, why are you still single and how far would you go in meeting a potential mate? What are the pressures you face from family?

For both sexes, have the qualities you look out for in a potential changed overtime and to what degree does family influence your choice of a mate?

I'd also like us to share success stories of older people you know who later got married and right. We want to know there's light at the end of this dark tunnel.

Kindly invite friends to this page so that this topic can get the publicity it deserves.
The marriage craze is something I still don't get. Wish most folks were like me.
Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 17, 2019
Derea:

Money is the major factor that determines whether a man should marry or not.

3 Likes

Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by placeofallure(f): 2:47pm On Feb 17, 2019
The race is not to the Swift...Time and chance happens to them all. Whether you're 25 or 35, it matters little because Jane's calendar is not the same as Juliet's. My girlfriend will be forty this April. We are planning her wedding around that time. Mind you, there are 25 year olds who await suitors who are not forthcoming. I have been married for some years but I never run short of admirers. Now tell me, what factors are responsible? It's certainly not a fine face, that's too vague. Or attitude? maybe, maybe not. What I'm certain of is no lady, 25 or 35, should allow herself be pressured into a loveless marriage. It's a lifetime thing and if it must be done at all, it must be done well. Better late than marry wrongly.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by jidobaba(m): 2:25pm On Feb 18, 2019
vingeophysicist:
Money is the major factor that determines whether a man should marry or not.
Not quite.
Fact is, man or woman, if you want to be married bad enough, you will be. Except for destitutes, financial cost can be negotiated to the point where it is negligible.
What you mean is that money gives options and determines the quality of wife a man may get.
Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by moneyissues(m): 2:57pm On Feb 18, 2019
Be yourself and don't allow society to push you into a relationship you won't enjoy... Forget about the age limit society throws at us... Marriage soloemly is not for children or procration..read your Bible and see what it was meant for,(Companionship). I quote and God saw that it was not right for a man to be alone and HE created him a helpmate..thats the line.. So Bleep society. Last December I attended a wedding of a 40 years old lady, I have seen 45 years old lady this year got married. So don't be ashamed because you ain't married yet.... Singlehood at such age should be a stigma.

3 Likes

Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by ubunja(m): 3:04pm On Feb 18, 2019
placeofallure:
The race is not to the Swift...Time and chance happens to them all. Whether you're 25 or 35, it matters little because Jane's calendar is not the same as Juliet's. My girlfriend will be forty this April. We are planning her wedding around that time. Mind you, there are 25 year olds who await suitors who are not forthcoming. I have been married for some years but I never run short of admirers. Now tell me, what factors are responsible? It's certainly not a fine face, that's too vague. Or attitude? maybe, maybe not. What I'm certain of is no lady, 25 or 35, should allow herself be pressured into a loveless marriage. It's a lifetime thing and if it must be done at all, it must be done well. Better late than marry wrongly.
keep telling yourself that as you near menopause

7 Likes

Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by ubunja(m): 3:13pm On Feb 18, 2019
moneyissues:
Be yourself and don't allow society to push you into a relationship you won't enjoy... Forget about the age limit society throws at us... Marriage soloemly is not for children or procration..read your Bible and see what it was meant for,(Companionship). I quote and God saw that it was not right for a man to be alone and HE created him a helpmate..thats the line.. So Bleep society. Last December I attended a wedding of a 40 years old lady, I have seen 45 years old lady this year got married. So don't be ashamed because you ain't married yet.... Singlehood at such age should be a stigma.
why would a sane man with options marry a 40 yr old fossil with 5 yrs left of fetility
Mind you when menopause hits a woman's sexual appeal and sex desire nose-dives.
.women on menopause have dry pussy
Also why the hell would I waste my expensive sperm watering a dead plant?

4 Likes

Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by ubunja(m): 3:15pm On Feb 18, 2019
jidobaba:

Not quite.
Fact is, man or woman, if you want to be married bad enough, you will be. Except for destitutes, financial cost can be negotiated to the point where it is negligible.
What you mean is that money gives options and determines the quality of wife a man may get.
and the more worthless a woman is the more expensive she is

1 Like

Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by ubunja(m): 3:16pm On Feb 18, 2019
Raalsalghul:
The marriage craze is something I still don't get. Wish most folks were like me.
not everyone can live by xvideos like you

5 Likes

Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by ubunja(m): 3:18pm On Feb 18, 2019
Derea:

if a woman marries at 30 the big question is WHAT THE HELL WAS SHE DOING ALL HER 20s??

3 Likes

Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by cheesmooth(m): 3:31pm On Feb 18, 2019
reading comments
Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by Raalsalghul: 3:35pm On Feb 18, 2019
ubunja:
not everyone can live by xvideos like you
Can see you've been let out of the cage this afternoon. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by ubunja(m): 3:38pm On Feb 18, 2019
Raalsalghul:
Can see you've been let out of the cage this afternoon. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
so what's your favorite xvideos category? MILF?
Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by Raalsalghul: 3:41pm On Feb 18, 2019
ubunja:
Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by Barzinime(m): 3:53pm On Feb 18, 2019
lol
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
ubunja:
Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by jidobaba(m): 4:46pm On Feb 18, 2019
ubunja:
and the more worthless a woman is the more expensive she is
Haha yes the irony
Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 18, 2019
Derea:

Babe forget about the stigma and concentrate on developing yourself financially, Morally, educationally and spiritually. I promise you the right person will come. They are men that naturally likes mature ladies, example someone like me will never marry a lady below 25. In fact I reject it. I don't want a grown baby in my house crying at any slightest misfortune.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 18, 2019
placeofallure:

There are lots of factors involved. Its not just about Jane's calendar being different from Juliet's. ITS VERY MUCH ABOUT SYSTEMS WHICH PROPELS OUR SOCIETY.

For example, before the trend of mass education ladies really have no reason to say they are not ready to get married once the attain the age of PUBERTY. You will HARDLY find a lady in her 30s not yet married. Today it is different, infact like your friend there are UNCOUNTABLE 40 YEAR OLD LADIES UNMARRIED let alone 30 and above, most choose to graduate from tertiary institutions before getting married unlike when there really wasn't any hindrance such as SCHOOL, if not most ladies would have gotten married long ago in their sweet Prime age.

Alot who are product of these system have no choice than SETTLING DOWN if they are LUCKY or become advocates of why MARRIAGE IS AN OUTDATED PRACTICE AND SHOULD BE ABOLISHED.

As for guys, what is very much obvious is his financial status which like ladies who have gone through school, in his own case HE HAS TO HAVE A JOB INORDER TO KEEP HIS FAMILY SUSTAINED AND HAPPY, THESE JOBS ARE HARD TO FIND AND SEX IS SO EASY TO GET, AND SO HE THINKS, WHY MARRY AFTERALL, FREE PUSSY EVERYWHERE.

Another reason for delay in marriage is the GENOTYPE ISSUE. If you are AS, it sometimes poses great challenges except if you just care to just SETTLE like most 40 year old women because you just have to just SETTLE.

Very much more ladies are choosing to marry while still schooling this days INORDER to avoid been trapped in such a system.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by Nobody: 5:29pm On Feb 18, 2019
vingeophysicist:

Babe forget about the stigma and concentrate on developing yourself financially, Morally, educationally and spiritually. I promise you the right person will come. They are men that naturally likes mature ladies, example someone like me will never marry a lady below 25. In fact I reject it. I don't want a grown baby in my house crying at any slightest misfortune.

MATURITY IS VERY MUCH ABOUT MINDSET AND NOT AGE. YOU WILL FIND LADIES EVEN AT THE AGE OF 20 BEHAVING SO, SO MATURELY AND LADIES FAR OLDER CRYING LIKE BABIES. MY POINT IS DON'T BE FIXATIVE ON AGE, ELSE YOU MAY MISS THE DIAMONDS IN TENDER PLACES.

2 Likes

Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 18, 2019
ubunja:
if a woman marries at 30 the big question is WHAT THE HELL WAS SHE DOING ALL HER 20s??

Some have been so busy trying to win the guiness book of records for the most stretched P-U-S-S-Y grin

4 Likes

Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 18, 2019
ubunja:
why would a sane man with options marry a 40 yr old fossil with 5 yrs left of fetility
Also why the hell would I waste my expensive sperm watering a dead plant
?
grin grin You too like toto undecided

1 Like

Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 18, 2019
ubunja:

Except if his reason is not to procreate.

On the contrary that is the age these ladies become SEXUALLY HYPER ACTIVE looking for strong firm penis of young men to satisfy them. Does sugar mummy ring a bell.
Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 18, 2019
jidobaba:

Not quite.

Perhaps you zeroed downed this financial cost only to what is spent for wedding. The real financial cost begins after the wedding when unforeseen welfare which you have to shoulder as a man starts to spring up and that is MARRIAGE.
Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by Martinez39(m): 5:49pm On Feb 18, 2019
Raalsalghul:
I am like you. Marriage and relationships are not bad but that are greatly overrated.
Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by olatuneji: 5:49pm On Feb 18, 2019
The obvious reasons for men is money.when a man doesnot have a job how e won take marry .Majority of the characteristics almost all ladies want in a man,it's men who are financially handicap that largely possess such.
Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 18, 2019
Martinez39:
I am like you. Marriage and relationships are not bad but that are greatly overrated.

Just like maintaining a balanced family structure in human society is overrated. A society of baby mamas and dadies should overtake marriage so that we no longer have a family structure anymore.
Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by Raalsalghul: 5:59pm On Feb 18, 2019
Martinez39:
Especially in Nigeria. I'll prefer being a worldwide adventurer than to meddle into marriage.

Cc; Ubunja now we have 2 xvideos lovers cool cool cool cool cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by Tunagee(m): 6:02pm On Feb 18, 2019
ubunja:
Mind u, some ladies experience early menopause starting from age 39 upwards
Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by ranmoor: 6:04pm On Feb 18, 2019
The trend these days is; 7 out of 10 of ladies 30+ that is stable financially are baby mamas.
Most ladies in marriage is because of the financial gains and all are praying to inherit the husband's property... So the ones that have money n hustle themselves prefer to just be baby mama. The ones that are married will be so proud and have no regards for the husband except is the man is richer.
Few that are stable, single, no baby but unmarried at 30+ are usually very terrible.

1 Like

Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by Martinez39(m): 6:09pm On Feb 18, 2019
WORDWORLD:

Just like maintaining a balanced family structure in human society is overrated. A society of baby mamas and dadies should overtake marriage so that we no longer have a family structure anymore.
I didn't advocate for a society of baby mamas and dadies. I simply said marriage and relationships are overrated.

Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 18, 2019
Martinez39:
I didn't advocate for a society of baby mamas and dadies. I simply said marriage and relationships are overrated.

Thank you. Reversed psychology worked perfectly.

NEITHER HAVE I SAID YOU HAVE ADVOCATED FOR A SOCIETY OF BABY MAMAS AND DADDIES grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is On The Mind Of This Woman? / 10 Ways Simps Have Destroyed Men! / Am I Doing The Right Thing Or Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.