Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? (29686 Views)

People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel / Man Teaches Plus-Sized Lady How To Ride Bicycle In Style / Man Teach His Lady How To Ride A Bicycle In Adorable Pre Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by blessingnenye(f): 9:11pm On Aug 15, 2023
A lot of ladies are scared of 30. What's really wrong with 30? Why so dreadful with the age, after all it's just a number!!! Even with a lot of accomplishments, being 30 and single can be so pressurizing among out ladies, owing to the pressures from families and society to get married. Sometimes, this pressure sums up the reason why majority delve into an unfruitful marriage.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by Sonnobax15(m): 5:46am On Aug 16, 2023
lipsrsealed
If you like,lose yourself and die of depression due to pressure from the society......

Everything good will surely happen when it's time comes....

Personally,I don't let society pressure to have an advantage over me...Cuz I know I'm unique in my own way......And no need to over push things,cuz las las everywhere go stew.

153 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by zed7: 5:51am On Aug 16, 2023
Do women still marry under 30? I haven't seen any in a long while. Seems the average age of marriage for a woman is now 30 to 35 and men is between 35 to 40.

The modern woman doesn't marry as early anymore, most women want to graduate and settle in their career before getting married. This has also caused an increase in the birth of special needs children. All my opinion and observations.

173 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by EconomistXplain: 6:26am On Aug 16, 2023
zed7:
Do women still marry under 30? I haven't seen any in a long while. Seems the average age of marriage for a woman is now 30 to 35 and men is between 35 to 40.

The modern woman doesn't marry as early anymore, most women want to graduate and settle in their career before getting married. This has also caused an increase in the birth of special needs children. All my opinion and observations.

all graduate ladies marry above 30

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by Sanguine(f): 9:53am On Aug 16, 2023
You cannot pressure the unpressured.

If you cower under one nonsense pressure and end up marrying a 'horseband' (as a woman), or a 'knife' (as a man)... Na you go cry taya! And that society or whoever that pressured you, na them go still come back begin dey blame you, even mock you on top.

Wisdom demands that you choose your battles and pressures right.

152 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by b3llo(m): 2:46pm On Aug 18, 2023
Am a guy but the feeling of being single over 30 years of age is not funny.

101 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by harryboyng(m): 2:46pm On Aug 18, 2023
Seriously…over 30 and still single and having no kid..that worries more..e good to hustle everyday and still have someone to call family. Having everything and no one to call family at over 30 is worrisome

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by ecolime(m): 2:47pm On Aug 18, 2023
The pressure now is self induced and maybe from your parents and siblings.

Society no send anyone again. If you like be 60 and single, na fuel and dollar be everybody wahala now.

137 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by finallybusy: 2:47pm On Aug 18, 2023
In less than 48 hours, this has made front page again. Nairaland is finished.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 18, 2023
At 60+ I'm still not feeling any pressure
We move

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by omoadeleye(m): 2:47pm On Aug 18, 2023
Well done

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by StonedLex(m): 2:47pm On Aug 18, 2023
*** puffs joint***

Dem still dey pressure people to marry?

Problems wey dey ground choke already.

*** puffs joint***

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by lasheun: 2:48pm On Aug 18, 2023
Na who allow pressure pressure go rish nah angry.

6 Likes

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by Kemadealadire(f): 2:48pm On Aug 18, 2023
You will cope fine if you don't live to please society.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by ednut1(m): 2:48pm On Aug 18, 2023
Opening a topic like this shows you are also scared grin. Regardless of all the wishes and prayers. Reality is fewer men will be able to afford marriage these days. With the western world influence on southerner Nigeria via media and internet . Many ladies will also have unrealistic expectations. They want weddings of 10m to 15m in a country where many earn less than 50k. Nothing like its not my portion. It can be your portion. Just live ya life if husband comes fine, if he no come find alternatives like linda ikeji run am or adoption

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by taiwotimitt: 2:49pm On Aug 18, 2023
Don't mount pressure on your self dear 30s single ladies.....baba for the ladies dey for you grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by Angelfrost(m): 2:49pm On Aug 18, 2023
Most educated ladies nowadays, get married when they are over 30... This seems to have become the norm these days.

I don't see any big deal in it... In several years to come, cohabitation will largely replace marriages.

A lot of the ones in marriage are either enduring or considering Divorce.

African culture is fast degrading in most areas including the areas of matrimony and home-making.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by extol1(m): 2:50pm On Aug 18, 2023
Who societal pressure help? Live and let's live.
Let the single ladies above 30 breathe

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by NaijaCover(m): 2:50pm On Aug 18, 2023
Is Always Available Here 24/7

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by adedayoa2(f): 2:51pm On Aug 18, 2023
Don't allow the society especially your family and NL's make you run into the wrong marriage, laslas na you go dey pained o.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by Omoapena(m): 2:51pm On Aug 18, 2023
Fact remains, once you’re 30 and not married, your chances become slim and guys will only see you as unserious person when it comes to relationship, you may be successful career wise but when it comes to relationship, you’re unserious

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by CoronaVirusPro: 2:51pm On Aug 18, 2023
30 still facing pressure? 🤣🤣🤣

At that age, people around such lady should have accepted their faith.

Little to nothing can happen at that age. Only a miracle.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by BlackyOne: 2:51pm On Aug 18, 2023
What unit of measurement are we using now, is it Bar, PSI, kpa ?

Please clarify so I can comment meaningfully

12 Likes

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by sofeo(m): 2:51pm On Aug 18, 2023
Alright
Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by ShenTeh(m): 2:52pm On Aug 18, 2023
Let's listen o
Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by AmyNwa10(f): 2:52pm On Aug 18, 2023
It's for this very reason; the dear of being unmarried at 30 as a lady that has pushed a lot of women to ending up with any man just to be tagged, "she married early."

The men aren't even helping, since they have a knack for calling >30 unmarried ladies derogatory names such as evening newspaper.
We'll just marry anyhow to avoid all of that.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by Godfavour2020: 2:52pm On Aug 18, 2023
It's always been the early 1990s...
Married at age 18–22

Late 2000s Married at age 23–25

This era

No one cares; all ladies and men are now chasing dreams...Get married whenever you are ready; getting married at age 24 might even be seen as a suspicious marriage.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by Racoon(m): 2:52pm On Aug 18, 2023
@ That age the lady should be physically( sexually), economically, emotionally, and Spirituality stable to be in a marriage or ready to get married.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by chccho(m): 2:52pm On Aug 18, 2023
Above 35, single, male. It's lonely, empty and
Worrying!!! Love oh love, where art thou!!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? by Kestolove(m): 2:53pm On Aug 18, 2023
Any lady wey don pass 20-21...I no marry

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why Marriages/relationships Fail In Nigeria / When your Ex keeps destroying your present affair. / Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.