Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

Without Bridges - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Without Bridges (234 Views)

Transgender Cyclist, Emily Bridges Reveals She Suffered Physical Threats / Five Ways To End A Relationship Without Burning Bridges / Ladies, Try Not To Burn Bridges Behind You... TRUE STORY! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Without Bridges by Rockellacakes(f): 12:01am On Feb 15, 2019
Episode 1

Mother sent me on an errand to get a pack of cigarette for father. It was drizzling but yet I still walked in the rain in dire search for a pack of cigarette; I was only fourteen. Basically all shops were closed, it was a Sunday morning. My mate had gone to church, but here I was in search for “Roman” cigarette dad would prefer I go to the mosque anyway since he’s a Muslim.
I got tired of searching but I couldn’t go home. I dare not go home .
I was scared of how angry father would get. I was scared of the ‘koboko’ underneath his bed. He would beat the hell out of me and then mal-handle my mother. I sometimes doubt the authenticity of his paternity.
Severally I would try to hide my scars away from curious eyes but there was one person I couldn’t hide it from; Miss Zainab Danjuma, my social studies teacher in school. After tirelessly searching for a shop opened on a Sunday in the village, I gave up.
Suddenly I sat on a bush path and busted into tears; a rehearsal of what was yet to come if I returned back home without the Cigarette. I sat down and pondered on how pathetic life is for me. Severally I had I had imagined and dreamt of running off with mother only to wake up to a disappointing reality of life in her father’s dungeon. I sobbed harder and louder then I felt a hand touch my back.
I gasped almost running away when I noticed it was no other than Mr. Titus, a well known and influential man who came visiting with his family and kids.
“It’s even you Sir” “Sorry for scaring you dear” he apologized and I sniffed from crying then I cleaned my tears. “Why are you crying?” He asked, I simply looked down then fiddled with my fingers; a hundred naira in my hand.
“Sir… my father sent me on an errand to get him…..” I trailed off usually embarrassed to tell someone my father was a smoker. “Cigarette” I completed.
“So?” he asked, “I couldn’t find it”
“Go back home and tell him you didn’t see it”
“Ha Sir….. My father would kill me….I can’t oh” I replied as tears came building up once more. “Sir, do you know where else I can get…. Maybe you’ve seen any shop opened from the direction you took”
“No” he replied and I was saddened by his reply being so frustrated and desperate. “On a second thought; I did see one open” he added as if trying to remember where”
A smile crept through my face and I found myself already thanking the man. “Where?” I asked and he pointed and I walked the direction. After five minute of walking in the bush path, I turned towards Mr. Titus seeking for more direction only to see him with a grin on his face. “Sir where is the place?”
“I don’t remember again” he answered and I became worried. Something struck me as wrong that moment but I just couldn’t point my fingers at what exactly. “What’s your name?” he asked, “My name is Aishat Narudeen”
“Do you know you’re pretty?” he asked placing his hands on my cheek, “Thank you Sir” I replied feeling uncomfortable. “How old are you?”
“Fourteen”
“Wow…” he muttered his eyes fixed on my bre*st. My naïve mind immediately interpreted the whole thing. I’ve heard of cases like this, Mrs Aisha would always advise girls to run at this moment.
I immediately surveyed the whole place for escaped route then I felt Mr. Titus’ hand on my left bre*st. I let out a soft gasp trembling in fear and before I knew it, both hands were massaging my bre*st. “Sir” I manage to say slightly moving backwards. “What?” he asked laughing, “You like it shea?”
“No” I replied moving backward.

(1) (Reply)

Relationship Advice (video) / Welcome For Latest Models / Olonis Thread On Twitter And Becoming An Elegist For Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.