Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,223 members, 7,825,849 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! (9299 Views)

REPORT: Yar'adua Is Brain-Damaged / President Yar'adua Is Dull? / Yar'Adua Is Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by tinard(m): 4:25pm On Apr 23, 2007
Where is your Babangida now?
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by prizeless(m): 4:29pm On Apr 23, 2007
Hi all,
thanks to God the elections went this way.
I now believe that there are so many ppl who don't mean well for this country. I but io can assure them that nigeria is coming strong and going to beat some countries hands down
congratulations all.
pls lets all mail INEC to congratulate them for a job well done!!!
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by diyobdw(f): 4:29pm On Apr 23, 2007
dekemena:

--- THUMB PRINTED in favor of the sickler (i mean yar adua)
undecidedHe is not a sickler he is just leaving on one kidney & has asthma! abi now cheesy just kidding- dont even think about yabbing me now shocked
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by prizeless(m): 4:30pm On Apr 23, 2007
Hi all,
I now believe that there are so many people who don't mean well for this country. I but io can assure them that nigeria is coming strong and going to beat some countries hands down
congratulations all.
please lets all mail INEC to congratulate them for a job well done!!!
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by saintchux(m): 4:31pm On Apr 23, 2007
Anybody expecting anything less than Umaru winning is dreaming!

It has been sealed when OBJ forced all the PDP governors to step down for him. The election is just to show a little legitimacy for him as an elected rather than selected president.

However, this is Nigeria and is our country. We are still learning democracy and all that comes with it. Let us accept it in good faith and allow him to either develop the country or share the money as usual!.

I know that one day, a Pat Utomi will rule this country. May God bless Nigeria
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by 2dye4(m): 4:31pm On Apr 23, 2007
This makes me sick to my stomach cos i culd tell from d begining! Neva was a PDP or Yar adua fan and neva will be, but hey its Nigeria, wht else can we do but welcome the arrival of another mad man into the rocK? undecided
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by DTruth1(m): 4:35pm On Apr 23, 2007
GeeCee:

Not a surprise.
Every sensible follower of events would have known what the outcome will be.

Nigeria still remain the best in elections. America or Britain would have taken about 24hours to know the result of their elections but in Nigeria, we already know the result before the election.

God bless Nigeria.

That is the only truth i have heard today.

Yar æadua is the best of all that contested (sick or not).

most old people in nigeria are sick anyway grin
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by saintchux(m): 4:35pm On Apr 23, 2007
prizeless:

Hi all,
I now believe that there are so many people who don't mean well for this country. I but io can assure them that nigeria is coming strong and going to beat some countries hands down
congratulations all.
please lets all mail INEC to congratulate them for a job well done!!!

INEC is a disgrace and should not be congratulated.

Where is the electronic voting system?
Why waste all the time in data capturing?
Where is the VSAT for result transmission?
Where is the option B in case of supreme court ruling?

Where is Prof humphery Nwosu, I think maurice Iwu should go for a course with him.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by doshbass(m): 4:36pm On Apr 23, 2007
I think we should just move on and accept the result, I dont think they can ever be a free and fair result in nigeria, even if they rerun the election 100 times, the touts will still do what they have to do, people will still die, and they will be fraud. We have Learnt a big lesson, so I guess Poitical Parties, National Assembly and the Senate will know what to do in preparation for the next election.

If you ask for a rerun of the election, we r only giving Obasanjo more time, i dont think 6 months is enough for inec or the country to prepare again for another re-election.

Lets just hope that Yaradua will do good for the country and not follow obasanjo's footsteps
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by bemas(m): 4:45pm On Apr 23, 2007
obasanjo will handover finally
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by otokx(m): 4:46pm On Apr 23, 2007
Ma people fear too much.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by IykeD1(m): 4:47pm On Apr 23, 2007
Congrats to our new President elect, Musa Yar Adua - I told you guys that he will
win. . .

Rigging aside, PDP as a party was far poised to win this election for Yar Adua than
any other party. Even most of the opinion polling done by the media like ThisDay
was already pointing to a Yar Adua's victory before the elections.

As a nation, we can decide to forge ahead with our flawed elections and work on
learning from our mistakes or allow those that lost out to make a "Liberia" out of
Nigeria. In any event, we can trust that the Federal Government will not sit by and
watch anyone openly threaten the fragile security of Nigeria - people will disappear!
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by Obamedo: 4:48pm On Apr 23, 2007
Now elections are over we will now witness a spate of court challenges and lawsuits to determine the legitimacy of the election results.

I wonder how long this is going to drag on for

No to violence
No to instability
No to corruption
No to rigging
No to Godfatherism
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by IykeD1(m): 4:49pm On Apr 23, 2007
Oops - meant Umaru Yar Adua, not Musa.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by Respon: 4:51pm On Apr 23, 2007
Let us forget all this talk about PDP, AC, ANPP etc .The fact is that Yaradua has all it takes to rule this country, we should support him and equally ask the Almighty God to guide and protect him.
Amen!
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by savesoul(m): 4:55pm On Apr 23, 2007
One fact i want us to know is that , This Election is a SCAM!!!!. Pure SCAM!!!!, who on this board doesnt know that yar'adua would win?. We just have to pray that a plague should clean out all the Bad eggs in the Political scene in nigeria, by four years time cry
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by tasiana(m): 4:59pm On Apr 23, 2007
cryhmmmm,disconnect chop 9ja rice! cry cry cry
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by sisimose(f): 4:59pm On Apr 23, 2007
funny how many northern states got their ballot papers and officials at the designated polling points, yet many southern parts had no show or they were swamped by the military presence, talk of disenfranchisement and intimidation, the whole thing was a a SHAM. GOD HELP US FROM HERE ON ,  
the usual attitude of Nigerian  is oh lets just accept it, that what we have been doing for years. Trust me  we are fooling ourselves, all i can say is at least not too many people died in the name of elections, thank God for small mercies.

Congrats to our new President elect, Musa Yar Adua - I told you guys that he will
win. . .

Rigging aside, PDP as a party was far poised to win this election for Yar Adua

what a comment, ''RIGGING ASIDE''  *shakes head*
this is what i mean we accept all manner of sham and then complain tomorrow.

the whole thing should have been null and void, ppl who had the power to tilt the balance with their votes were delibrately cut out, by not being able to vote
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by dgb4(m): 5:00pm On Apr 23, 2007
Hmm,
I am  not surprised because i did not participate in the voting exercise because i know that a day before that day the winner emerged which happens to be Yaradua.
All this was concluded on Friday night under OBJ's request and demand - check out this website for verification.
http://saharareporters.com/www/report/detail/?id=270
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by egoldman(m): 5:01pm On Apr 23, 2007
I think its not the best of election , but a more honest candidate has emerged , weather he came by right or wrong ways the fact is that he far less corrupt than others and that might make a difference in time to come , canceling the election will be inviting the abyss on us all .
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by otokx(m): 5:02pm On Apr 23, 2007
something funny yet divine is about to happen.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by sweetstjoy(f): 5:02pm On Apr 23, 2007
it is well, lets hope for an OBJ continuation,
i never expected something else, in nigeria we know the results before we vote.
one love
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by adejumobi(m): 5:03pm On Apr 23, 2007
Rigging aside, i think among of the three main presindential candidates, yar adua stand out far more better than the rest (Atiku and Buhari)
left for me i prefered Pat Utomi but since the power that be will not allow youth outside thier circle to rule then we should give it to yar adua
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by segedoo(m): 5:05pm On Apr 23, 2007
I love my country
I no go lie
Na inside am
I go live and die,

remember that song banned by babangida?

God bless Yar'Adua and Goodluck
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by debosky(m): 5:06pm On Apr 23, 2007
that site was just talking crap, they said Yar'Adua would win by 60% is 24million out of 30million 60%?

anyone could've said that the results were pre-cooked, Atiku said as much.

We all knew this would be the result, the only thing in question was how much would be 'allocated' to the other candidates.

shameful elections, the litigations and court cases will begin in earnest now, I hope it doesn't end up derailing the country.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by jgirl3: 5:06pm On Apr 23, 2007
OH Happy Day! Not a surprise but at least I am happy. grin grin grin grin
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by sisimose(f): 5:07pm On Apr 23, 2007
egoldman:

I think its not the best of election , but a more honest candidate has emerged , weather he came by right or wrong ways the fact is that he far less corrupt than others and that might make a difference in time to come , canceling the election will be inviting the abyss on us all .

you ppl amaze me, how can you keep settling for less
how can u say atleast he is  ''LESS CORRUPT'' ,
I WASH MY HANDS  OFF , we deserve what we get, we really do angry
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by debosky(m): 5:11pm On Apr 23, 2007
settle for less?

pray tell, what do you want people to do? go out and start killing themselves while the people on the top stay safe?

How do we get the 'elections' canceled? you need to go to court, which Atiku and Buhari will definitely do, lets see what the outcome will be

regardless of the rigging by PDP, I still believe Yar'Adua would have won,

it is simply sad that he will be starting his govenment with the illegitimacy of this election hanging over his head.

God Bless Nigeria!
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by elainemia(f): 5:11pm On Apr 23, 2007
we all knew the results before the elections, its always been the tradition,but i'll like us to know that we have no new president, what we have is a representative!Obasanjo is still our president (N:B on retirement).He(obasanjo) is taking nigerians and our supposed president on a cruise!Too bad.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by TayoD(m): 5:13pm On Apr 23, 2007
@topic,

I called Naija yesterday to speak with my mum.  I was surprised when she said she didn't participate in the presidential voting process. Her reason both shocked and astounded me. She said everyone was turned back by thugs at the polling station during the governorship election.  The thugs told them not to bother coming to vote since they have voted on their behalf! shocked shocked shocked

This is in Ogun State where our current president is from.  Isn't the electronic capture system suppose to identify fingerprints and discard multple thumb prints by the same person? When will these daylight robbery and affront on the collective pysche of our people come to naught?  

I tire for Nigeria o, I am so close to giving up on her!!!!
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by egoldman(m): 5:13pm On Apr 23, 2007
sisimose:

you people amaze me, how can you keep settling for less
how can u say atleast he is ''LESS CORRUPT'' ,
I WASH MY HANDS OFF , we deserve what we get, we really do angry

The Indian government is corrupt and so is the Nigerian government , now tell me considering where the Indian government have taken their country to , which one among the two would you prefer ?
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by chelsea4su(f): 5:15pm On Apr 23, 2007
baba iyabo still rules as long as yar adua is our president

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? / General TY Danjuma Donates $1M To World Bank’s Africa River Blindness Trust Fund / Why Can't The Anambra State Government Build The Second River Niger Bridge???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.